Topic Options
#129253 - 10/30/05 03:20 PM "Hail to..."
Barb Offline

CoS Member

I have made up an additional step to my rituals, and it is very effective for me:

At the end of my rituals, in between saying “Shemhamforash” and “Hail Satan”, I like to restate the goal of my ritual. I like to do this by saying “Hail to [whatever my goal is]!”.

For example, say my goal is to advance in my job. I would restate my goal at the end of my ritual by saying, “Hail to me advancing in my job!”.

Adding this simple step really makes a difference in the success of my rituals.

Does anyone else do this or something similar?

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#129254 - 10/30/05 03:27 PM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Barb]
Openeyes Offline

Never tried it but it sounds pretty good, It's good to make up new things rather than following the book on what someone else has written for their rituals. But it might sound stupid saying 'Hail to me eating a 100lbs steak in 30 seconds!'
well I don't think you'd do that in a ritual anyway...

#129255 - 10/30/05 11:42 PM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Barb]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Should a magician reveal his tricks?

#129256 - 10/31/05 02:08 AM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Barb]
Shylock Offline

Loc: Tiki Land
I might try it. But I'd be more likely to use a more emotionally loaded word choice, like "Hail Success!" instead of "Hail to me advancing in my job!"

Why? "Advancing in my job" sounds like something I'd put an entry in my PDA about. Too ordinary. "Success" conjures up images, songs, icons, etc.

--The Royal Me

#129257 - 10/31/05 09:06 AM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Drimlybunk]
Poets Offline

Not unless he doesn't want them to be tricks anymore.

#129258 - 10/31/05 09:17 AM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Barb]
Lilithflower Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
"Hail to bonking _____'s brains out -and not getting caught!"
I guess this is making your "statement of intent" (a step that I don't always include) near the end, rather than the beginning.
As for whether or not a magician should reveal their tricks, why ever not? What works for one may not work for another anyway. Read the "Combination Lock Principal" chapter of The Devil's Notebook.
Veiling oneself in secrecy is just a means for some so-called magicians to give themselves airs and/or make money out of fools, who believe that they are purchasing some "great secret knowledge."

#129259 - 10/31/05 09:50 AM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Poets]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

pffffff

#129260 - 10/31/05 07:17 PM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Barb]
StitchWitch Offline

Loc: Ohio
I think it sounds fabulous. Why not add a flourish at the end of the ritual by affirming what you really want? If nothing else, it confirms again your goal, makes it a finality by saying it at the end of the ritual, therefore gives it more power and focus.
Hell yeah, say it.

#129261 - 10/31/05 09:00 PM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: StitchWitch]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

[...]makes it a finality by saying it at the end of the ritual, therefore gives it more power and focus.

This is why I do that. It definately increases my focus on my goal "becoming done", so to speak.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#129262 - 11/06/05 12:51 PM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Drimlybunk]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Should a magician reveal his tricks?

I haven't really revealed much...

#129263 - 11/06/05 01:02 PM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Barb]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
I am fully in favour of people revealing their tricks to me

#129264 - 11/06/05 01:29 PM Re: "Hail to..." [Re: Linguascelesta]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

I am fully in favour of people revealing their tricks to me

I've got some pretty good stuff written that I am saving for when I go downstairs.

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406127 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements