Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#129634 - 03/01/06 11:49 PM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: Old_Pig]
Hawkface Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
Let's just face facts, shall we? You know you are the smartest person in the world, and nowhere is this more glaringly obvious than when you are behind the wheel.

#129635 - 03/01/06 11:53 PM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: Old_Pig]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Of course, I use it on "hands free" mode if I'm driving.

i thought the main problem with cell phone driving was that people arent paying attention to the road because their minds are caught up in conversation? If you can maintain a good conversation while being aware of how you are driving then go for it. for the most part when ive seen people drive like they are retarded on cell phones it was obvious that they simply werent paying attention rather than fumbling around with the phone(hey- lets dip into the turn lane next to me every few seconds and over correct into the other lane!!! half way in a lane is the main problem i see..). text messaging while driving is truly scary though!! i cant believe anyone does that, i mean really you have to look and manuver your hands and think about what you are going to write.

#129636 - 03/02/06 12:05 AM Re: To be clear... [Re: Nemo]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Quote:

To be clear such behavior if effective should cause the human female to desire to mate with the powerful vehicle and not the comparatively impotent driver.

These artificial life forms known as "motor vehicles" have not evolved enough to be anatomically correct and "fully functional", nor have they developed logic, wit, and intelligence. It is by no coincidence that these pathetic species of human beings engage in "cock blocking" the motor vehicle by averting the attention of the heated female to his seeming wealth in mating apparatus by comparison to the artificial life form. The parasitic male may be having intercourse with female, however her lustful imagery is that of the superior motor vehicle.

#129637 - 03/02/06 12:48 AM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: uncleherpe]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
The problem with cell phones is people have it in one hand and try to control the vehicle with the other.

If somebody doesn't have anough brain capacity to keep a conversation and drive at the same time, he sholdn't be driving in the first time.

After all, there is no law against talking with the person sitting besides you while you drive. What difference is there in the practice if I'm talking to a speakerphone instead?

#129638 - 03/02/06 12:52 AM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: Hawkface]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

Let's just face facts, shall we? You know you are the smartest person in the world, and nowhere is this more glaringly obvious than when you are behind the wheel.

I'm not even between the 10 smartest...

But compared with the average people you see driving around this city, I'm a freaking genius!

#129639 - 03/02/06 01:24 AM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: Old_Pig]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

The problem with cell phones is people have it in one hand and try to control the vehicle with the other.

If somebody doesn't have anough brain capacity to keep a conversation and drive at the same time, he sholdn't be driving in the first time.

After all, there is no law against talking with the person sitting besides you while you drive. What difference is there in the practice if I'm talking to a speakerphone instead?

A lot of people drive automatics and dont need both hands on the wheel. I know- who has a problem driving and talking? well some people cant chew gum and walk... yeah.

other people in the car do contribute to distracted driving. its not as bad because there is a 2nd set of eyes in the car and can go "what the fuck are you doing??!! stop!!"

#129640 - 03/02/06 07:35 AM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: Old_Pig]
chaosjap Offline

Loc: Las Islas Pilipinas
Same thing always happen in our country. Whenever theres an accident every moron slows down just to take a peek on whats happening.

#129641 - 03/02/06 07:36 PM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: HellofallHells]
Lust Offline

Thank you for posting this hellofallhells.
Today after work I noticed a long line of traffic in the right lane while the left was completely empty all the way to the red light.
So I of course bared to the left got the green and was at my desired location in no time.
Others quickly noticed what I was doing and took to playing follow the leader all over again, but what the hell they were following me.
Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#129642 - 03/02/06 07:55 PM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: HellofallHells]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
What counts is actually thinking. In the described situation, I'd probably stay in the crowded lane unless I knew that the near-empty lane isn't for turning only.
I think people who drive recklessly, challenge complete strangers to races, etc. have a deeper problem than a desire to impress others; they are dissatisfied and bored with their lives off the road, and use their cars to try to get some sense of adventure. Truly pathetic.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#129643 - 03/02/06 07:57 PM It is Natural [Re: DataLore]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Quote:

however her lustful imagery is that of the superior motor vehicle.

"Superior" motor vehicle. It is natural for the female to seek out what she perceives as the dominant male within the group with which to mate.

Shows of wealth/power are normal. A thousand years or more ago, said male would have been parading his herd of cows around the car park.

Or hitting his friends with sticks.

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#129644 - 03/02/06 08:39 PM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: SilverHammer]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>I think people who drive recklessly, challenge complete strangers to races, etc. have a deeper problem than a desire to impress others; they are dissatisfied and bored with their lives off the road, and use their cars to try to get some sense of adventure. Truly pathetic.

Bingo!

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

The first principle is that you must not fool yourselfand you are the easiest person to fool. ~Richard Feynman

#129645 - 03/02/06 08:45 PM Re: It is Natural [Re: Bedlam]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
If you're truly taking a joke seriously:

Is it really wealth/power the male is displaying when the vehicle is worth more than the male, because the male is in debt to pay off the vehicle?

#129646 - 03/02/06 08:55 PM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: HellofallHells]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Any situation that necessitates a mass of people is going to exhibit herd-like behaviour - law of averages and all.

I make a point of driving safe. Wherever it's safest is where I'm going to drive. I'm not concerning myself with whether or not I'm a "follower" or a "leader" in this activity.

I enjoy driving, so I take my time. This often leads to me cruising along in the slow lane. I also find the slow lane is generally the safest. If a mass of slow drivers just happen to be driving in the "slow" lane, I'm not overly concerned. I'd rather get to my destination in one piece than risking my neck just to be a fast moving "leader."
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a persons faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#129647 - 03/02/06 09:18 PM Re: It is Natural [Re: DataLore]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Is it really wealth/power the male is displaying when the vehicle is worth more than the male, because the male is in debt to pay off the vehicle?

how true. I drive a rather unimpressive car, but I could drive a nice one if I wanted to sacrifice my credit.

what i laugh at is when people buy a crappy car and tack all kinds of crap onto it, and by the end they could have bought a really nice car w/the money they spent on spoilers, ground lights, etc.

#129648 - 03/03/06 11:36 PM Re: Herd on wheels [Re: HellofallHells]
Focalor Offline

I guess my neck of the woods is an exception. Man I wish I lived in your city. Around Atlanta everyone drives like a fucking lunatic. If there's a lane with about 2 car lengths of open space, you can bet some asshole is going to race around some other asshole to get there so they'll get where they're going a fraction of a second sooner. When people get on the expressway in the morning where it's only two lanes, they immediately cut their way into the left hand lane, even if there's only about 2 inches of breathing room on their front and rear bumpers. I explicitly remember from the booklet they give you at the DMVS that you're supposed to be no less than 3 seconds behind the jackass in front of you to help prevent a rear end collision. It always grinds to a halt at the same location every single damn day, but that doesn't matter, people are still doing 80 and skidding onto the median throwing up grass and mud to keep from hitting the guy in front of them. Where have all the good sheep gone? Pick one fucking lane and stay there, you BMW driving oblivious prick!

Welcome to Atlanta where the tailgaters play, and we ride on them asses like everyday.

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements