Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#129925 - 11/05/05 03:08 PM Re: Maturity [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:
Whining that nobody can define excellence for you, therefore your laziness will suffice, will not get you anywhere with genuine Satanists.

If you are truly excellent, then you wouldn’t need anyone to define excellence for you in the first place.

Quote:
I think, in the final analysis, one has to want excellence or they will never achieve it.

I want it.

Definately. Desire is power!

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#129926 - 11/05/05 03:46 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Maninblack Offline

Loc: Garland, Texas
The topic of excellence brings to mind something former Prime Minister of GB Margaret Thatcher said: "Greatness is like being a lady...if you have to tell people you are, then you probably aren't."
Hoisting the Chalice, In the Name of Satan!! Man In Black "Sensitive souls have reacted with shock to the elemental drama of life on this planet, and one of the reasons Darwin so shocked his time - and still bothers ours is that he showed this bone-crushing, blood-drinking drama in all of its elementality and necessity: Life cannot go on without the mutual devouring of organisms...each organism raises its head over a field of corpses, smiles into the sun, and declares life good." Ernest Becker, "Escape From Evil" "I often write about the fact that everything here in the universe seems to eat and get eaten, and we need to pay attention to this. The idea of the Eucharist is that when divinity passes through this universe, it, too, gets eaten." Matthew Fox (Psychology Today, Sept./Oct.,1993)

#129927 - 11/05/05 04:02 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Maninblack]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

"Greatness is like being a lady...if you have to tell people you are, then you probably aren't."

Now this is absolutely to the point. Thank you, I had not heard this quote but it is a new favorite!

#129928 - 11/05/05 04:40 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I concur. Even in my current situation, as you know about it, I manage to work.
Laziness is never a valid lifestyle, IMO.

"A photo of a fat man on a couch, probably indicates that he is always on the couch."

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#129929 - 11/05/05 06:08 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Lilithflower]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

As I have mentioned before, it has taken me every one of my 29 years on this planet, to dump the guilt, that was used to control me, from the time I was old enough to know what "sin" meant.

Again, I really don't understand the struggle here. Satanists don't have to struggle with avoiding that type of mindset or overcoming guilt. They just don't think that way. Former Christians who have such conflict abandoning those thoughts are really trying too hard to be something they are not. If you are a Satanist, those thoughts should not be there in the first place!! It's only excusable before the age of reason.

I was also brought up in a christian home. When I was about ten years old, belief in God, The Devil and Christian doctrine went out the window along with Santa, the tooth fairy and monsters. Pondering about science in school and also becoming aware of the ways my parents used to manipulate me into being good, squashed those beliefs immedietly. Once I learned to reason I was able to find out the right answers on my own. I was out to seek TRUTH, not the comfort of belief. No struggles here.

Quote:

Leviathan VIII, if I had read your words at the tender age of 16, I would have felt that same fire blazing in my belly, as I do when I read them today. I would have known without a doubt, this is me!
RIP Xtian mindset!

Would you really? Being that it took you 29 years to overcome the mindset and guilt, would you have seen yourself in The Satanic Bible at the age of 16? After having such a mindset for so long, what exactly makes you Satanic? You should know something is wrong with your thinking before reading Warlock Leviathan's post at the age of 16 or The Satanic Bible! I'm sure you are familiar with the term...Defacto Satanist. These are people throughout history and the present that have had a Satanic mindset all thier lives without reading The Satanic Bible. When and if they eventually learn about it, it will change nothing about who they really are.

#129930 - 11/05/05 06:48 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Carkosa]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

These are people throughout history and the present that have had a Satanic mindset all thier lives without reading The Satanic Bible. When and if they eventually learn about it, it will change nothing about who they really are.

#129931 - 11/05/05 07:33 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Assabrah]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
On being born a Satanist, being duped by Christianity as a child, etc

I remember believing Christian BS when I was very small. I can't remember at what age I lost that, but I think it was around about the same time as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, etc.

Some years after that I remember when I was 11 being in trouble at school, because I did not sing along with the (Christian) hymns, and did not bow my head when the command was given "Let us pray". Upon attending (obligatory) church services, I reguarly got into trouble for such things as passing the time by playing chess with my neighbour. I don't hate Christians, well, not all of them anyway, but I certainly hate Christianity. I think the last trace of Christian thought to be removed from my head was the notion of salvation. Have you heard the Evanescence song "Tourniquet?" That kind of feeling. Lyrics here for your convenience. The above song was made long after I lost these feelings of my own, but I do remember having felt that sentiment at some stage. Nowadays of course, such ideas make my lip curl in disgust.

The only other way I've ever been drawn to Christianity is in its element of oldness, nice big old buildings with cool architecture, etc. Ancient writings in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Latin. But seriously, as that's the only thing Christianity has going for it, it'd be a pretty poor excuse to be a Christian. Though I suppose it's better than the excuses most Christians are more likely to give.

#129932 - 11/05/05 07:39 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Maninblack]
Tex_Talionis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amarillo, TX
Excellent point, I've always enjoyed that quote and once had to use it on a female I was done with.
Citizen Infernal Empire
Test Everything.

"We live in deeds not years.
You can be what you will to be."
-General George S. Patton

"The things that come to those who wait may be things left by those who got there first!"

#129933 - 11/05/05 11:17 PM An aside for Poets [Re: Poets]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Quote:

One of the great challenges of psychology is to find a reliable method to attach numbers to abstract principles such as intelligence, memory, and reasoning. Some academics think that this an impossible task, but in my educated opinion it is merely a matter of finding the right tools to do the job. I have dedicated myself to this study with the aim of exposing better methods and insight into the study of the inner workings of the human mind--the most complicated subject matter available.

May I suggest Lawrence LeShan's The World of the Paranormal? I do realize that he writes mostly about parapsychology, but his epistemological arguments are equally applicable to psychology. In fact, LeShan does address psychology somewhat as well.

This is truly a work worthy of your consideration. He writes well also.

#129935 - 11/06/05 12:58 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Linguascelesta]
Lilithflower Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I hear what all of you are saying. If it has taken me 29 years to dismiss that little fear in the back of my mind, "But what if my parents had it right", despite all of my good logic to the contrary, then maybe I am not a Satanist through and through.
That does not change the fact that Anton LaVey was a genious, that I see myself in much of what he had to say (I have read TSB, SS and TDN, the others are on order) and that I can use such wisdom to dramatically improve my situation.

#129936 - 11/06/05 01:01 AM Re: An aside for Poets [Re: Isabel23]
Poets Offline

I will have to give it a read sometime then. It sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the suggestion!

#129937 - 11/06/05 07:29 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Satanya Offline
Banned

I would argue that certain things such as quality for example are subjective only with those that would not agree that there are certain standards that can´t be argued -- such as what you described with H.P. Peter Gilmore´s quote.

But then again, I should probably not argue with those at all -- it rarely results in anything productive to do so.

Great essay, good points (not subjectively speaking ) . Thanks for posting it.

HS!

#129938 - 11/06/05 07:38 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Maninblack]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Well observed! Your post reminded me of an essay written by Herr Doktor in his The Devil´s NoteBook : How to be God ( Or The Devil ).

Some things when proclaimed by the individual himself are nothing but self-affirmation, or an attempt to convince themselves they are something they are not. Why, oh why can´t they just be themselves.

#129939 - 11/06/05 04:36 PM Re: Just stop. [Re: ]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I agreed with all you wrote except:

Quote:

...power and happiness take hard work...

Compared to what?

The Satanic view is really to the point on this as I see it.

Six years from now you will (hopefully) awaken from sleeping as usual and look out the window.

The world you will live in then will either have been molded further to your own liking by making the right kind of selfish choices along the way ...or not.

You will do things during those six years. You will eat, sleep, work, talk, etc. for 60 seconds out of every minute and 24 hours out of every day.

So is it really "harder" to do what might promote your own best interest or not?

For the Satanist the answer is a no-brainer.

For the herd the answer comes from being a no-brainer.

#129940 - 11/06/05 04:45 PM Re: Just stop. [Re: Nemo]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Nicely put, Reverend

*grins with happiness at various projects he has underway, and ones he has planned for the future*

The herd... I couldn't live like that, going from day to day with every day being as wasteful as the last... It would kill me.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12022 Members
73 Forums
43830 Topics
405247 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements