Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#129941 - 11/06/05 04:49 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
metaloverdose Offline

well in my workplace there are alot of bible pushers. in protest i displayed an upside down cross on my table. one day i was absent and they took it down and threw it away. i came back they said i couldnt have it but yet all the christians can wear their god stuff. i would like to know what i could do to fight this but not get myself fired. and it doesnt help that i live in the bible belt. any help would be great

#129942 - 11/06/05 05:12 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: metaloverdose]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

well in my workplace there are alot of bible pushers. in protest i displayed an upside down cross on my table. one day i was absent and they took it down and threw it away. i came back they said i couldnt have it but yet all the christians can wear their god stuff. i would like to know what i could do to fight this but not get myself fired. and it doesnt help that i live in the bible belt. any help would be great

I think displaying anti-christian symbols in the presence of christians is asking for unwanted troubles.

Why not just keep it to your self?

Then maybe you can keep your job?

One more thing, where is your introduction?

#129943 - 11/06/05 05:14 PM what? [Re: metaloverdose]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Think really hard about what you just said. If you can't see the error of your reasoning, the you are probably in the wrong place.

You are definately posting this in the wrong thread.

#129944 - 11/06/05 07:22 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: metaloverdose]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

You know what I love? When the executioner erects a gallows in town square, and the guilty parties jump right into the noose without even being asked.

#129945 - 11/06/05 07:29 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

You know what I love? When the executioner erects a gallows in town square, and the guilty parties jump right into the noose without even being asked.

I'm quit fond of this myself.

Saves me the hassle.

#129946 - 11/07/05 04:20 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Xerx Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Italy
Great post Warlock!

Compliments!

Xerx

#129947 - 11/07/05 09:05 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Quote:

Indeed, it is better that way. It saves a lot of time when you don't have to drag them up there, kicking and screaming as they go.

#129948 - 11/07/05 01:05 PM : [Re: metaloverdose]
lubicant Offline

Quote:

"Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself."
-LaVey, Anton

Think about that one for a moment.

#129949 - 11/07/05 03:57 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Carkosa]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
Funny.

There seem to be a couple of misconceptions you have formed from the information that I provided in my introduction.

First of all, I never claimed to be a Xian. I only said that I had tried to follow it during this time. (At least, the implication was there).

Quote:

I just came out of Xtianity about 3 years ago. I had followed it for about 25 years and was constantly disillusioned by it all. The very thought of surrendering my whole self to another being (no matter how high and mighty that being is presumed to be) was so repulsive to me, and I didn't even recognize that I was going against myself in this or I would feel too guilty to truly deal with it properly. This is the reason that I chose my nic. It is a constant reminder for me that I am not of the HERD, that I need to guard against falling back into the same old thought patterns that served to enslave me.

Also during this time, I repeatedly left Xianity to seek "truth" elsewhere only to return to it again later. I have touched upon this in another thread.

Look here

As far as what I said about the Xian mindset, well, I guess mindset was the wrong word. All I really meant by this was that sometimes when deep in thought some verse of scripture from some "holy" book will pop into my head and disrupt my thoughts. This happens quite often and can be very annoying at times, and writings such as this one help to inspire me.

A question now comes to mind.
If one adopts a certain set of ideals for a time, does that really make them their own?

Anyway, think what you will of me. I could really care less. I know what I am. For the first time in my life, I really know who and what I am. And this is the last that I have to say about this.

HAIL SATAN!

Edited by unHERDof (11/08/05 06:13 PM)

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#129950 - 11/08/05 12:35 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Lilithflower]
Lilithflower Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Quote:

I hear what all of you are saying. If it has taken me 29 years to dismiss that little fear in the back of my mind, "But what if my parents had it right", despite all of my good logic to the contrary, then maybe I am not a Satanist through and through.
That does not change the fact that Anton LaVey was a genious, that I see myself in much of what he had to say (I have read TSB, SS and TDN, the others are on order) and that I can use such wisdom to dramatically improve my situation.

And another thing: I do not see that it matters if it takes a person 10 years or 30 years to arrive at the same conclusion. One's thinking can evolve, as one learns from life's experiences, bitter or otherwise. Like unHERDof, I never quite "fit in" as a Xtian, or rather Xtianity did not fit me. As I stand, right here, right now, Satanism fits.

#129951 - 11/08/05 07:41 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: WinterGoat]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Funny.

There seem to be a couple of misconceptions you have formed from the information that I provided in my introduction.

First of all, I never claimed to be a Xian. I only said that I had tried to follow it during this time. (At least, the implication was there).

You are not making any type of sense. Now you want to play with words. You were not a christian, yet you "followed" it for 25 years? *Laughs* What bull. I hate to break it to you but "following" is what christianity is all about. Following a religion whether you think it is ingrained in you or not is herd mentality. This paragraph says it all, you keep shooting yourself in the foot here...

Quote:

I just came out of Xtianity about 3 years ago. I had followed it for about 25 years and was constantly disillusioned by it all. The very thought of surrendering my whole self to another being (no matter how high and mighty that being is presumed to be) was so repulsive to me, and I didn't even recognize that I was going against myself in this or I would feel too guilty to truly deal with it properly. This is the reason that I chose my nic. It is a constant reminder for me that I am not of the HERD, that I need to guard against falling back into the same old thought patterns that served to enslave me.

Again, it took you 25 years to "see the light". You were disillusioned and repulsed, yet you hung on so long...and you went back! Whether you want to admit it or not, you converted to Satanism. You were not born this way. The very fact that you were once "enslaved" speaks volumes. Satanists are not slaves, they are Gods.

Quote:

Also during this time, I repeatedly left Xianity to seek "truth" elsewhere only to return to it again later. I have touched upon this in another thread.

It's not really surprising that you returned. That type of thinking is very innate. Your struggles are very evident.

Look here

As for this post that you wrote a while back, you're not telling me anything different. You were enslaved for 25 years jumping into many religions because "religion" was so important to you. Religion prevents you from finding yourself, NOT the other way around! I find it very difficult to believe that you saw yourself in The Satanic Bible once you read it. How so? How does an "enslaved" person see themselves when they read TSB? There is a huge difference in agreeing with The Satanic Bible and being a Satanist. It took reading TSB to realize your thinking was wrong. It seems clearly evident The Satanic Bible was merely a key to your release from prison, not a literal reflection of yourself. Where would you now be if you never read it? Probably another religion.

Quote:

As far as what I said about the Xian mindset, well, I guess mindset was the wrong word. All I really meant by this was that sometimes when deep in thought some verse of scripture from some "holy" book will pop into my head and disrupt my thoughts. This happens quite often and can be very annoying at times, and writings such as this one help to inspire me.

Again, you are playing with words. This is no different from a "mindset". The fact that you also need these types of inspirations to keep you from thinking about these biblical passages speaks volumes.

Quote:

A question now comes to mind.
If one adopts a certain set of ideals for a time, does that really make them their own?

No. Not in your case and that is because Satanists don't "adopt" Satanic ideals...they were always there. As for any other train of thought, it really depends if those ideals truly stick. I never had to "adopt" Satanic ideals. I always had them. My life and views did not have to change when I read TSB. It only labeled my existing identity.

Quote:

Anyway, think what you will of me. I could really care less. I know what I am. For the first time in my life, I really know who and what I am? And this is the last that I have to say about this.

Yeah right...you keep telling yourself that. If you didn't care less you wouldn't feel the need to try so hard to prove it to me or anyone. Satanism does indeed require excellence. Not self deciet and withdrawel syndrome of past christian dogma.

Edited by Carkosa (11/08/05 03:32 PM)

#129952 - 11/08/05 08:04 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ainur Offline

Loc: Earth
This should be placed on a sticky...

Excellent piece of work!
"But the average person doesn't have that much imagination. They just want to be entertained. They want to have the tableau presented for them. They don't want to participate beyond a certain point. They want the safety of the herd, to be catered to, sit back and enjoy." ~ Anton Lavey Hail Satan!

#129953 - 11/08/05 12:30 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TommAlt Offline

Ok,
You gave many and good arguments and... so what?
Don't understand me wrong, but You think You say something new? Do you think that someone here don't know it?

#129954 - 11/08/05 12:57 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TommAlt]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Do you think that someone here don't know it?

As a matter of fact I do. Take a look at the typical introduction to see exactly what I'm talking about.

#129955 - 11/08/05 02:13 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Lilithflower]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>And another thing: I do not see that it matters if it
>>takes a person 10 years or 30 years to arrive at the same
>>conclusion.

I totally agree. People seem to misinterpret "born not made" to mean "always hated religion, and always knowingly believed in what's in the Satanic Bible" (and please folks, spare me the pointless semantics arguments on the word "believe"). I see a lot of people here whose prior religious experience is: 1. raised under the religion of their parents (perhaps), 2. rejected it and became a militant atheist, 3. discovered Satanism. That's fine, but it's hardly the same path all other Satanists have gone through, myself included.

Doesn't anybody remember the chapter "The God You Save May Be Yourself" from that lil' black book? It describes how some people end up searching for more and more complex forms of "enlightenment" until they finally stop denying that there is no carnal vs. spiritual, but only the carnal. I looked into all sorts of religions, even being a devout Wiccan at some point in my life. I'd eventually get bored, finding myself practicing out of guilty feelings of obligation, notice that I was taking the religion much more seriously than the people around me, then move on to something else and start it all over again. I've always been a very religious person in general, and still consider myself religious.

Eventually, though, I realized what I truly liked about religion. It wasn't cosmic answers or excuses for irresponsibility, but rather the awe of organized ceremony, and the model of dogma. I recognized ego-projections for what they were. And I finally realized I could have these things without all the self-loathing, emotion-denying, and superstitious bullshit attached to it.

To me, it doesn't matter whether somebody first reads the Satanic Bible at age 13 or age 63. Once the scales truly fall from ones eyes, they stay off.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements