Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#129956 - 11/08/05 05:18 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Carkosa]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
And once again you have twisted much of what I have written totally out of context. You seem to have a real knack for it. None of what I have posted was meant to convey a need for acceptance or validation, (I would really be in sad shape if I thought for just one moment that I needed to seek validation from you ) but simply to relay a need for identification . This is something that all of us here have sought, and many have found, and this one theme stands out very clearly if you will only look at it. And regardless of what you might say, I have found that in the writings of LaVey.

And just because my past life's experiences aren't the same as yours, I can't possibly be a Satanist, is that it?

I did not respond to your posts to defend my position, only to attempt to clear up yours (and others) misconceptions.

Now I have stated it before, and I will state it again.

Show at least a little intelligence when reading/posting to others writings. And start looking at what is really there, not what you want to be there.

And finally, grow the hell up! You have revealed the sad, pathetic, miserable, small minded creature that you really are. Find another scapegoat, because I am not here to be abused for your benefit! Or anyone elses for that matter.

Converted? I didn't convert to shit!!

This now is the very last of my postings on this subject.

ASSEZ!

HAIL SATAN!

Edited by unHERDof (11/08/05 05:23 PM)

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#129957 - 11/08/05 06:18 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: WinterGoat]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

What matters is not the label you previously applied to yourself, but you behavior, now and then. I tend to think that a born Satanist will have always behaved with Satanic tendencies, even when they previously applied a different label to themselves or even harbored incorrect ideas. I once called myself a Christian (and once a Buddhist), but I was not exactly a Christian for very Christian reasons. I felt that Christianity had social connections to offer me; yet as soon as I truly understood the core beliefs of Christianity, I realized it was obviously a scam.

BillM is at least correct in saying that there are many different paths that lead to Satanism, yet past behavior is still a good indicator of the core self. I would personally be skeptical of anyone who had a genuinely Christian mindset at any time becoming a Satanist. The Christian mode of thought is so utterly askew from man's true nature that I would suspect such a person of mental illness!

Nevertheless, the real proof is in the pudding. You, sir, are in the position of not yet having the time to have gained much trust. Such arguments as this are wholly unproductive; why not instead set out to show why we should regard you as truly one of us? It is the only way to gain our trust.

The choice is yours.

#129958 - 11/08/05 06:33 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: WinterGoat]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

And once again you have twisted much of what I have written totally out of context. You seem to have a real knack for it. None of what I have posted was meant to convey a need for acceptance or validation, (I would really be in sad shape if I thought for just one moment that I needed to seek validation from you ) but simply to relay a need for identification . This is something that all of us here have sought, and many have found, and this one theme stands out very clearly if you will only look at it. And regardless of what you might say, I have found that in the writings of LaVey.

And just because my past life's experiences aren't the same as yours, I can't possibly be a Satanist, is that it?

I did not respond to your posts to defend my position, only to attempt to clear up yours (and others) misconceptions.

Now I have stated it before, and I will state it again.

Show at least a little intelligence when reading/posting to others writings. And start looking at what is really there, not what you want to be there.

And finally, grow the hell up! You have revealed the sad, pathetic, miserable, small minded creature that you really are. Find another scapegoat, because I am not here to be abused for your benefit! Or anyone elses for that matter.

Converted? I didn't convert to shit!!

This now is the very last of my postings on this subject.

The truth hurts doesn't it? I'm not the one who was enslaved with sheepish mentality all my life...YOU were.

#129959 - 11/08/05 06:56 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I'll raise my glass to that.

Good description, Bill.

I went the "atheist" route myself, but I always engaged in intense, engaged religious study and experimentation until I discovered Satanism. Pure atheism never *quite* did it for me, but it was the best I had for quite some time. I went out of my way to study and 'taste' every religion I came across to see if it had ideas that resonated with me and gave me freedom, and beliefs and practices that made sense.

I also concur with Leviathan as well, that a real Satanist showed Satanic attitudes and tendencies all along. Now, that doesn't mean that someone unequivocally and absolutely has to show all of the Satanic attitudes and tendencies from the get-go, it just means that Satanism doesn't lend itself to someone making an unexpected and unforseen 180 degree turn, like a horse turning into a badger.

I believe those here who are giving Unherdof a hard time should chill out until we've gotten to know him better. He may very well be unused to "Satanic buzzwords" and ways Satanists like to word things, so in that case, he should be given that benefit of the doubt while he warms up to other Satanists. I didn't know how to socialize with other Satanists when I was younger, and I didn't know all of the ways in which my wording or my statements were being gauged or scrutinized. But, let's wait for some actual signs of guilt before bringing out the pitchforks, eh?

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#129960 - 11/09/05 05:33 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: metaloverdose]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:

well in my workplace there are alot of bible pushers. in protest i displayed an upside down cross on my table.

You just missed the whole point of a very good post. Obviously you have a need to rebel against your religious co-workers but ask yourself this; did it actually do any good for you? Although it might seem a fun thing to do and an easy way to 'let out' your emotions it can be a very poor decision you made, especially when you rely on those persons. You do make a living there you know...

#129961 - 11/09/05 09:47 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
If I dare say...

While certainly "Where the elite come to play," is an excellent slogan for this site, I think there is a phrase from your post that could be used as well:

"We test everything, nothing moreso than those who would place themselves as our peers."

It certainly would be something to hang on the front door for this board, would it not?

#129962 - 11/09/05 12:31 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TommAlt Offline

Quote:

Do you think that someone here don't know it?

As a matter of fact I do. Take a look at the typical introduction to see exactly what I'm talking about.

Right, some can't call themselves Satanists (your post remind me Nemo's text "Satanism Needs An Enema!") and...
are this poor people important to You?

#129963 - 11/09/05 01:44 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TrojZyr]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
Amen, TrojZyr!

I agree completely with that and with Bill M's last post as well.

The word "Satanist" is a label. So is "Christian," "Buddhist," "Hindu," etc. One could, theorectially, call themself a "Christian," whilst Living and Practicing the basic philosophy of Satanism. This person may not know that they are a defacto Satanist, but when (and if) they ever discover and read The Satanic Bible, they will most likely switch to the correct religious label- Satanist.

It is up to each individual to decide for him or herself whether or not Satanism is for them. They need to read Anton LaVey's writings, analyze their own life, figure out how and if Satanism can apply to them, and go from there. They do not need for complete strangers to overanalyze their posts made online. If someone chooses to adopt a religious label of any type, I, for one, generally take their word for it at first, until the person may expose anything hypocritical about their personality and nature.
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#129964 - 11/09/05 02:48 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Inverted_Cross]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
Quote:

In addition to this, arguments should be conversed with more intelligence besides showing everyone in the room you can use four letter words and very loudly for that matter.

How about avoiding the constant use of street slang, such as "'Know wha'm sayn?" "I'm like, yo' ma-hn" etc. etc. ad nauseum! The way people speak should and does serve as a measure of their intelligence.

As far as LeviathanXIII's original post is concerned, it should be mandatory reading for all newcomers. TRUE Satanists are the Alien ELITE. Elite equals excellence in whatever field you choose to pursue. This means you always strive to get better at any undertaking. (Careers/hobbies,etc.) Myself, as a guitarist and an actor, I want to be every bit as good as my Idols or maybe even better. For this reason, I practice as much as possible, and am very hard on myself for it. I have actually had quite a few talented people praise my skills onstage and with the ol' 6 string, and while it's very flattering, in my own mind it's never good enough, I always want to get better, and always will want to, no matter what. This is as it should be, for the day I stop being my own worst critic is the day I stop improving, and producing- or to put it another way, the day i die.
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#129965 - 11/09/05 03:05 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Helliott]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Helliot, that's me exactly with my study of Aikido and of languages (amongst other things; they are my two of greatest areas of focus for continuous and insatiable improvement). It's good to be amongst kindred spirits who will not settle comfortably for mediocrity.

#129966 - 11/09/05 05:43 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TommAlt]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I am getting the impression that:

a) You do not read English perfectly and may not have understood what I am driving at;

b) You do not write English perfectly and I am not sure I understand what you are driving at.

If I guess correctly, you mean to say that it is pointless for me to care about "idiots", and therefore you imply that what I wrote is directed at the hopeless.

You may in fact be right that this will mostly fall on deaf ears. I wrote it anyway. So I ask you: Why is it important to you whether or not I wrote this?

#129967 - 11/12/05 02:06 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Bill_M]
Inquisitor Offline

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Quote:

To me, it doesn't matter whether somebody first reads the Satanic Bible at age 13 or age 63. Once the scales truly fall from ones eyes, they stay off.

I recall stating something along the lines of becoming a Satanist in my introduction (however, this could be my imagination). Regarding this quote, this is more specific to the intended meaning than my attempt.

When I say, or hear someone say (in the right context, of course) that they have become a Satanist, this is usually what I think of. Is that an acceptable explaination? Because I've noticed in my short time on this site that many a person gets contradicted in regards to stating that they have become a Satanist.

I guess it would be more appropriate to state that they have found themselves to BE a Satanist after reading LaVey's work, researching CoS website, etc. than to say they have recently BECOME one.

#129968 - 11/12/05 02:15 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Helliott]
Inquisitor Offline

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Quote:

How about avoiding the constant use of street slang, such as "'Know wha'm sayn?" "I'm like, yo' ma-hn" etc. etc. ad nauseum! The way people speak should and does serve as a measure of their intelligence.

I actually came into a situation where I was so irritated by the bullshit that was coming out of one kid's mouth (I think he may have been around 16), I actually said to him "I wonder; do you think if there was a pop icon or a TV soap that had a slight hint of intelligence to it, you could be programmed to be a little more than a half-wit?" I'm sure your imaginations can easily tell what type of string of four-letter-words response I got to that.

And to be honest, apart from anyone fucking with it either physically or emotionally, having my child grow up with a vocabulary like that is one of the most daunting things about my otherwise optimistic outlook on being a father.

#129969 - 11/12/05 02:30 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Inquisitor]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I understand what BillM is driving at, but I do not want to leave room for error. To quote Magister Ventrue:

When reading the Satanic Bible Satanists do not really learn anything new, because this is what we believed from the beginning, now we just have it simply explained and it gives us a name for our beliefs, it tells us why we are so different from everyone else in the world. Its all common sense to us, not something we need to read everyday in order to find the "true way" like the Christians do with their fictional bible.

Therefore, if a person finds themselves having to change themselves, especially attempts to alter their core nature in order to "become" a Satanist, then they just aren't a Satanist. They can agree with Satanism, they can admire it, think its the best thing since sliced bread, but they are no more a Satanist than a fat man is a marathon runner.

You are correct in saying that semantically, it is more accurate to say that one finds themself to be a a Satanist than finds themselves becoming a Satanist. Perhaps it seems overanalytical of the words used to make such a distinction, but personally I think that sloppiness with words is not acceptable when it comes to such matters.

Not to accuse you, incidentally; I can allow that perhaps you simply had not put enough consideration yet into such distinctions. So long as you understand why this distinction is made, there is no problem.

#129970 - 11/12/05 06:38 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Inquisitor]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Yup, that'd be one of my greatest fears if I were going to be a parent---that my child would be into Barbies, MTV, fashion, pop music, and mallratting, period, or metal/rock, baggy jeans, ebonics, and skateboarding, period, and deeply into socializing and hobnobbing with people. I would feel very conflicted if I had a child who turned out to be noticeably less-than-Satanic.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12011 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements