Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#129894 - 11/02/05 10:57 AM The Requirements of Excellence
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Satanism demands excellence. There is no doubt about it, and this is not something that can be negotiated.

How many wastrels make hollow arguments that amount to saying, "Although I do everything poorly, I am still a Satanist and you should accept me for that."

These people are in the wrong religion. Maybe their Christian "brothers" will embrace their pathetic mediocrity, maybe that sort of lazy shit slides with whatever high school subculture they identify with, but it won't cut it here.

Neither will weak arguments that "excellence is subjective" serve as a blanket excuse for mediocrity. No, I cannot argue that the standards of excellence are written in stone, nor can I say that my personal ideas of what is good are the final standard. Nevertheless, High Priest Gilmore said the following:

Each individual must choose for himself his own aesthetic standards, but we think that there are certain elements of achievement that are undeniable, even if they are not satisfying to everyone. For example, one cannot deny the superior accomplishment inherent in a Beethoven symphony, a Michelangelo sculpture, a daVinci painting, or a Shakespeare play.

There is an undeniable difference between a quality article and a cheap knockoff!

Whining that nobody can define excellence for you, therefore your laziness will suffice, will not get you anywhere with genuine Satanists.

Therein lies the story. Satanism is unique among religions in that we do not seek mass conversion. Unlike all other religions in the world, we have unwavering requirements for what it takes to truly be one of us. A Christian can be as stupid as he likes, as physically worthless as he can get away with, as much of a crook, parasite, and loser as those around him will let him be before they run him out of town, and still he will not be disputed on his claim to being a Christian. The same is not true of Satanism; if you are a fuck-up, if you are undesirable, we will not tolerate you sullying the name of Satanism with your foolishness.

If you're under the impression that Satanists will offer you camaraderie merely because you like to call yourself a Satanist, think again. We test everything, nothing moreso than those who would place themselves as our peers. If its too much to ask for you to be among the best, if its too difficult for you to be worthy rather than worthless, expect to learn by the way of hard knocks that we have better ways to spend our time than passing out group hugs.

Yes, Satanists can be exceedingly friendly. I know from personal experience that there are no better friends to be found than those I have within the Church of Satan. What I've written is not indicative that we prefer adversarialism to friendship; on the contrary, we prefer not to squander time on unproductive arguments. What I have said is summed up in the Fourth Satanic Statement:

Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

#129895 - 11/02/05 11:34 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

Satanism demands excellence. There is no doubt about it, and this is not something that can be negotiated.

Warlock, I admire the intelligence and insight you bring to this place. Your posts often inspire me to think deeper or act more decisively. But this essay, sir, stirs me more than any you have written.

It is timely.

It is honest.

It is Satanic.

You personify the excellence you extol.

Quote:

How many wastrels make hollow arguments that amount to saying, "Although I do everything poorly, I am still a Satanist and you should accept me for that."

I live or die by my words. I live or die by my actions. Test me as you wish. Judge me by the standard of excellence. I will survive. Satanists always do.

Hail Truth!

Hail Satan!

DarkWater

#129896 - 11/02/05 03:33 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: DarkWater]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Something said by both Nietzsche and Musashi, "to be truly excellent one must be prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to which others will not".

I like this, and live it.

#129897 - 11/02/05 04:31 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
As a new Satanist here who finds it difficult at times not to slip back into the old Xian mindsets, I would just like to say:

Yes!
Most welcome!
Most refreshing!
Most stirring!

HAIL SATAN!

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#129898 - 11/02/05 04:48 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Brilliant essay Warlock!

This should be published on the CoS website!

#129899 - 11/02/05 05:27 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Inverted_Cross Offline

Loc: California
Brilliant way with words. Intelligence to me should be shown more often in High School conversations. When two individuals come together and converse about a certain topic with intelligence worth conversing about, it brings a pleasant atmosphere to the whole area. In addition to this, arguments should be conversed with more intelligence besides showing everyone in the room you can use four letter words and very loudly for that matter. For one, speaking intelligently is far more intimidating that spewing curse words and hoping a teacher nearby will not pick them up. And two, utilizing your intelligence just goes to show that you, as a person and individualist are living up to the Satanic Philosophy and utilizing it's demanding excellence.

#129900 - 11/02/05 05:54 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
That was very well written. Thank you.

#129901 - 11/02/05 06:13 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Thank you for sharing this, Warlock. This essay should be put before anyone who thinks themselves worthy of the title of "Satanist", to which they can either agree or disagree. A sort of Satanic litmus test, if you will.

#129902 - 11/02/05 06:16 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Tex_Talionis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amarillo, TX
Excellent essay, sir! I agree with your statements and agree with DemiGod, this should be on the CoS Website, or sticked here.

It baffles me when someone tries to make excuses for their own lacking, rather than try to improve. The Victim Cult still reigns in the wanna-bes.
Citizen Infernal Empire
Test Everything.

"We live in deeds not years.
You can be what you will to be."
-General George S. Patton

"The things that come to those who wait may be things left by those who got there first!"

#129903 - 11/02/05 06:22 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Maya]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

This may well deserve a pin at the top of the forum. Excellent!

#129904 - 11/02/05 06:24 PM Excellence in action [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Well thought, well said, and timely. You never cease to amaze.

Quote:

We test everything, nothing moreso than those who would place themselves as our peers.

Very true, and an easy thing for the non-Satanist to miss.

#129905 - 11/02/05 06:46 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Lilithflower Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Those words are so inspiring, THANK YOU!

#129906 - 11/02/05 09:11 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Maninblack Offline

Loc: Garland, Texas
A hearty nod o' the horns to you Warlock. I'll not parrot what's already been rightfully said about this post of yours but will acknowledge and compliment a fine intellect and example of pure Satanic thought, rendered by a pure Satanist. Excellent work.
Hoisting the Chalice, In the Name of Satan!! Man In Black "Sensitive souls have reacted with shock to the elemental drama of life on this planet, and one of the reasons Darwin so shocked his time - and still bothers ours is that he showed this bone-crushing, blood-drinking drama in all of its elementality and necessity: Life cannot go on without the mutual devouring of organisms...each organism raises its head over a field of corpses, smiles into the sun, and declares life good." Ernest Becker, "Escape From Evil" "I often write about the fact that everything here in the universe seems to eat and get eaten, and we need to pay attention to this. The idea of the Eucharist is that when divinity passes through this universe, it, too, gets eaten." Matthew Fox (Psychology Today, Sept./Oct.,1993)

#129907 - 11/03/05 03:14 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Thanks for all the kind words. It might be slightly presumptuous for me to "sticky" my own post, I'll leave that to Magister Ventrue if he wants it done. Nevertheless, the sentiment is appreciated.

#129908 - 11/03/05 03:30 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>There is an undeniable difference between a quality
>>article and a cheap knockoff!

Some people are completely myopic and solipsistic, which I don't find to be Satanic at all. But at the other extreme, yes, you have the hard-core relativists. I think the 9th Satanic Sin covers a lot of those cases. To throw in another HP Gilmore quote (paraphrased), "Taste is one thing, but if we're going to compare Beethoven to a grunge band, I think we can apply some objective standards. You know, Taj Mahal and a mud hut? There's a difference."

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#129909 - 11/03/05 08:38 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: WinterGoat]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

As a new Satanist here who finds it difficult at times not to slip back into the old Xian mindsets, I would just like to say:

Yes!
Most welcome!
Most refreshing!
Most stirring!

Did you not read what Warlock Leviathan wrote?? I must ask you, how can you refer to yourself as a Satanist and agree with his post yet find it difficult to avoid a christian mindset?

#129910 - 11/03/05 10:38 PM Maturity [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Whining that nobody can define excellence for you, therefore your laziness will suffice, will not get you anywhere with genuine Satanists.

Excellent point sir. If there is anything that I have found to be a dinstinctive characteristic among most of the Satanists on this forum, it would be their unsatiable desire to improve; they are always taking the next step forward.

For example, there are many artists on this message board who are total virtuosos, however, they often down play their own abillities. I can relate to that. I love to draw, and as of lately I have recieved a lot of positive feed-back, but it's never good enough for me. I always find something that needs to be fixed, not just with art, but with everything I do. Self criticism can be a very rewarding thing. I don't ever want to be totally satasfied because there would be no room to move forward and grow.

I think a lot of times people (newbies) who post here are just young, and perhaps they still have a lot of growing up to do, so they don't take the corollory of their words into consideration. Some people have to experience the hardships of life before they can appreciate what it means to be responsible.

I am in my first semester of college, and one thing I realized is how much these kids who are fresh out of highschool simply don't care. Their parents are paying all of this money to put these guys through school, yet half of these kids don't even show up to class when they are supposed to. They have such an insoucient attitude about their grades, for example, there is a girl in my english class who has failed every test and every in-class essay since the semester began. She never turns her assignments in on time, and then she giggles "I don't think I'm going to pass this class, he, he." And I'm like "Gee, I wonder why..."

I guess it's different for me because I don't have to go to school. I go because I want to. I was very reckless in highschool, and I made a couple choices that I probably wasn't mature enough to make. As a result, I dropped out of highschool and have had to work long hours at dangerous mill jobs, with bad pay, just to make ends meet. I know what it's like to do without. I know what is at stake, and so I'm taking the steps I need to take. I can appreciate the importance of writing an annotated bibliography, or an in-class speech. It makes me angry when these kids (some adults do it too) complain about their bad grades and blame their "busy scheduals" for why they couldn't study for their tests. I work eleven hours a day, five days a week. I have children to take care of, help them with their school work, and make sure they have food on the table. I also have to drive a half hour to and from work, and an hour to and from school four nights a week. Guess what. I'm still passing my classes!

I think, in the final analysis, one has to want excellence or they will never achieve it.

I want it.

#129911 - 11/03/05 10:46 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Yes, I've had to deal with some hard-core relativistic thinkers lately, who basically argue that to set any standards, to say "yes" to A but "no" to "B," is to "foreclose" on an option and settle for (gasp!) "binary" and create a (gasp! cry!) "hegemony" or "hierarchy." For shame, for shame.

Of course, you don't always have to say "no" to kitsch, to the mud hut, or to the grunge band---you just say "yes" to them with regards to the right questions, in the right contexts, because even they might have their own use somewhere. But, if the comparison is to Beethoven, yes, kids, there is a "hierarchy" here.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#129912 - 11/04/05 07:15 AM Re: Maturity [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
Quote:

I guess it's different for me because I don't have to go to school. I go because I want to. I was very reckless in highschool, and I made a couple choices that I probably wasn't mature enough to make. As a result, I dropped out of highschool and have had to work long hours at dangerous mill jobs, with bad pay, just to make ends meet. I know what it's like to do without. I know what is at stake, and so I'm taking the steps I need to take. I can appreciate the importance of writing an annotated bibliography, or an in-class speech. It makes me angry when these kids (some adults do it too) complain about their bad grades and blame their "busy scheduals" for why they couldn't study for their tests. I work eleven hours a day, five days a week. I have children to take care of, help them with their school work, and make sure they have food on the table. I also have to drive a half hour to and from work, and an hour to and from school four nights a week. Guess what. I'm still passing my classes!

The difference between you and them sir, is that you can see the importance of your education. Vast numbers of people view education as a chore, in all forms. Yes, high school is pretty crap and mind-numbing, but without it you're going to end up stuck with no employers wanting you (not even mcdonalds most likely).

University is full of the same people who view the work as a chore, even after education is no longer mandatory. There are people on my degree course who are in their 40s and have actually said to me "Gareth, i've never done an assignment before" and couldn't figure out how to write a document layout for an essay.
My theory on this is quite simple, they jumped straight into working and now their employer has sent them back to university - they do not attend out of personal interest or to obtain qualifications - they attend because their boss has told them to.

#129913 - 11/04/05 09:05 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
*Stands and applauds*

Bravo, good sir. Bravo! Truer words were never spoken.
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#129914 - 11/04/05 10:10 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
wickedmistress62 Offline

Loc: North Dakota
First of all i would like to thank you LeviathanXIII, for taking the time to post this for others to read. I'm sure it has inspired all of us in one way or another. Was very informative for me. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Thank you for your excellence choice of words.

Hail Satan,Hail You

#129915 - 11/04/05 04:23 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Carkosa]
WinterGoat Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Yes!
Most welcome!
Most refreshing!
Most stirring!

Did you not read what Warlock Leviathan wrote?? I must ask you, how can you refer to yourself as a Satanist and agree with his post yet find it difficult to avoid a christian mindset?

And have you not read my introduction? Show at least a little intelligence and go read it before you judge me.

Edited by unHERDof (11/04/05 04:31 PM)

Albert Schweitzer

From the song Warlock

TESLAMAP5

#129916 - 11/04/05 06:30 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: WinterGoat]
Lilithflower Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Yes!
Most welcome!
Most refreshing!
Most stirring!

I'm with unHERDof here. Throughout my childhood, I knew that I was made for great things. My Xtian parents/teachers tried to drum it into me that ambition was a bad thing and that it was "far better to serve in heaven than to rule in hell."
Xtians do not only accept mediocrity, they encourage it. Heaven forbid that those among their flock (of SHEEP) should use their brains. They might start asking questions! They might start thinking that they actually know better than those "whom god hath appointed"!
As I have mentioned before, it has taken me every one of my 29 years on this planet, to dump the guilt, that was used to control me, from the time I was old enough to know what "sin" meant.
Leviathan VIII, if I had read your words at the tender age of 16, I would have felt that same fire blazing in my belly, as I do when I read them today. I would have known without a doubt, this is me!
RIP Xtian mindset!

#129917 - 11/04/05 06:33 PM A cut above. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
At the risk of sounding redundant, I certainly found your post to be excellent, Warlock.
You've done a fine job of summarizing many of the quibble-causing, reoccuring problems in a clear and subtly profound way.

This is great:
Quote:

The same is not true of Satanism; if you are a fuck-up, if you are undesirable, we will not tolerate you sullying the name of Satanism with your foolishness.

I may just have to quote you on that in the future!

Another great point:
Quote:

We test everything, nothing moreso than those who would place themselves as our peers. If its too much to ask for you to be among the best, if its too difficult for you to be worthy rather than worthless, expect to learn by the way of hard knocks that we have better ways to spend our time than passing out group hugs.

The part that I emphasized in bold says it perfectly!
I apply that to friendship as well, perhaps to an even greater extent than I do on these forums.
How can you respect someone who displays a flagrant lack of respect for themselves?

Quote:

These people are in the wrong religion. Maybe their Christian "brothers" will embrace their pathetic mediocrity, maybe that sort of lazy shit slides with whatever high school subculture they identify with, but it won't cut it here.

*cough* stratification *cough*

I definitely think that your post should be thumbtacked, perhaps even added on to the "read-this-first" section.
Again, my hat's off to you, Warlock.
Cheers!

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#129918 - 11/04/05 07:09 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: WinterGoat]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

And have you not read my introduction? Show at least a little intelligence and go read it before you judge me.

I read your introduction before I replied to your first statement. Although your statement on this thread alone was enough, your intro also backs up my argument! A true Satanist has no difficulty or struggle in avoiding the christian mindset. Your intro says that you were a christian for 25 years! It's more understandable to be duped as a child. Alot of Satanists were brought up by christian parents and broke free once they learned to truly reason (which shouldn't take 25 years!). A true Satanist NEVER had or will have a christian mindset. They may only obey thier parents wishes when very young because they have no choice in the matter during that time in thier life. However, it should not take you 25 years to "see the light". You hung on to those beliefs out of your own free will as an adult.

You claimed to follow christianity throughout your adult life and only this past year you learned about the Satanic religion. You basically "converted" to Satanism, you were not born this way. If you really did read all of Magus LaVey's work you would know that Satanists are born and not made. Put all of that together with your statement and the fact that you left the christian religion only three years ago after 25 years of brainwashing. It's only natural that I have my doubts about you. Think whatever you must, those are the facts. I'm not going to clutter this beautiful thread, you already answered my question.

#129920 - 11/05/05 12:28 AM Just stop. [Re: ]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

Emotional triggers based in your very person and nature since childhood might take a bit longer.

Why?

How long does it take to decide to quite hitting your own head with a hammer?

How much pain is required to decide to stop hurting yourself?

But if you still equate pain with "good" and pleasure with "bad" then I suppose it can take ... a lifetime to never happen.

Once you understand that you have been hurting yourself because of an anti-human ethical standard, if you are a Satanist you simply stop.

If you are not, you keep on going - like a self-punishing Energizer Bunny.

And that is the norm: pointless masochism in action.

They won't stop it.

They like the pain.

It makes them "good".

#129921 - 11/05/05 12:46 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Poets Offline

Quote:

Each individual must choose for himself his own aesthetic standards, but we think that there are certain elements of achievement that are undeniable, even if they are not satisfying to everyone. For example, one cannot deny the superior accomplishment inherent in a Beethoven symphony, a Michelangelo sculpture, a daVinci painting, or a Shakespeare play.

Quantifying achievement isn't always so difficult. The arts encompass a wide breadth of possibilities, but ultimately an enduring piece of music or timeless painting persists because it means something to a lot of people (or perhaps a few important people). It could also be argued that the sheer technical skill involved in a complicated measure of music or difficult brush technique would qualify as exceptional art. My personal tastes in the arts underscore the meaning behind the work--that is, whether it produces a new perspective or understanding in me by observing it with my senses. I can gather new ideas and meanings by observing a Picasso painting, but a Jackson Pollack abstract art piece looks like vomit on a page from my perspective--and it probably always will.

It is much easier to quantify achievement in hard sciences, mathematics, and social studies. My personal calling is Psychology; a relatively young newcomer to empirical understanding. One of the great challenges of psychology is to find a reliable method to attach numbers to abstract principles such as intelligence, memory, and reasoning. Some academics think that this an impossible task, but in my educated opinion it is merely a matter of finding the right tools to do the job. I have dedicated myself to this study with the aim of exposing better methods and insight into the study of the inner workings of the human mind--the most complicated subject matter available.

Excellence is the ability to surpass your alleged limitations.

#129922 - 11/05/05 01:35 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Carkosa]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

You are exactly correct. Satanists are born, not made. Magister Nemo is right on the money when he asks how long it takes to decide to quit hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. It is the same; to a Satanist, its hardly rocket science to decide to cease counter-productive and detrimental behavior. Christianized thought ought to be readily flushed from the mind of a born Satanist, if it was ever permitted to creep in to begin with.

As usual, your brutal honesty cuts to the heart of the matter.

#129923 - 11/05/05 03:10 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Plato Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hong Kong
Always,excellence is only a by-product of doing something with passion and enthusiasm.

You can never produce a masterpiece for the sake of producing one.

#129924 - 11/05/05 05:54 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Tex_Talionis Offline
CoS Member

I would say that maybe as a young child one could be duped, but even then; I never could believe in the imaginary being in the sky, and surely not for years and years, and then finally "wake up."

The only realization I've ever had in regards to Satanism is that what I lived had a name. I've always been the person I am, nothing ever changed. Even in attempts by my parents when I was young to be indoctrinated. I remember very clearly being 13, forced to go to young catholic classes and always questioning how any of it could be. So many questions and so many thought provoking questions I wasn't called on. When I forced to be baptized even the priest claimed that I may set the 'church' ablaze

I had thought I was an atheist all through my schooling. I had pagan friends and read on their beliefs and thought it to be the same crap as christianity, the only thing that intrigued me was the idea of ritual, but even then I thought of it in a psychological sense. When I moved to Dallas and put myself through college a friend suggested a read of TSB, and that was it. It didn't take study; I bought TSB, TSR, and Satan Speaks. I read my friends copy of The Devil's Notebook. I never had any questions; if you understand what Satanism is about - the only question is "Why didn't I come across this sooner?"

The only thing that I required study which didn't take long to see is that the detractors of the COS are all NOT Satanist. They're usually people with no accomplishments or very little, whose only joy in life is pretending to be a Satanist ONLINE with some cheap website and wanna-be "CHURCH," which usually turns out to be a pen-pal club for those who aren't.

I tried to view all sides, but two foul sheepish ideas helped me realize who the real deal is...those words are pathetic "we need acceptance" words: "UNITY" and "COMMUNITY."

A cry for acceptance and a cry for validation; something no Satanist needs for his life is fulfilling enough that just being is pure validation. The pandering to 'society' for acceptance is the exact thing that the good Doktor spoke against in regards to the white-light religions.

I digress. Some just don't get it. I took me a second to realize that if you're not one of us, there's not much that can be done to help you understand. You may understand what we are, and I don't blame you for admiring; but you aren't.
Citizen Infernal Empire
Test Everything.

"The things that come to those who wait may be things left by those who got there first!"

#129925 - 11/05/05 03:08 PM Re: Maturity [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

If you are truly excellent, then you wouldn’t need anyone to define excellence for you in the first place.

Quote:
I think, in the final analysis, one has to want excellence or they will never achieve it.

I want it.

Definately. Desire is power!

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#129926 - 11/05/05 03:46 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Maninblack Offline

Loc: Garland, Texas
The topic of excellence brings to mind something former Prime Minister of GB Margaret Thatcher said: "Greatness is like being a lady...if you have to tell people you are, then you probably aren't."
Hoisting the Chalice, In the Name of Satan!! Man In Black "Sensitive souls have reacted with shock to the elemental drama of life on this planet, and one of the reasons Darwin so shocked his time - and still bothers ours is that he showed this bone-crushing, blood-drinking drama in all of its elementality and necessity: Life cannot go on without the mutual devouring of organisms...each organism raises its head over a field of corpses, smiles into the sun, and declares life good." Ernest Becker, "Escape From Evil" "I often write about the fact that everything here in the universe seems to eat and get eaten, and we need to pay attention to this. The idea of the Eucharist is that when divinity passes through this universe, it, too, gets eaten." Matthew Fox (Psychology Today, Sept./Oct.,1993)

#129927 - 11/05/05 04:02 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Maninblack]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

"Greatness is like being a lady...if you have to tell people you are, then you probably aren't."

Now this is absolutely to the point. Thank you, I had not heard this quote but it is a new favorite!

#129928 - 11/05/05 04:40 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I concur. Even in my current situation, as you know about it, I manage to work.
Laziness is never a valid lifestyle, IMO.

"A photo of a fat man on a couch, probably indicates that he is always on the couch."

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#129929 - 11/05/05 06:08 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Lilithflower]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

As I have mentioned before, it has taken me every one of my 29 years on this planet, to dump the guilt, that was used to control me, from the time I was old enough to know what "sin" meant.

Again, I really don't understand the struggle here. Satanists don't have to struggle with avoiding that type of mindset or overcoming guilt. They just don't think that way. Former Christians who have such conflict abandoning those thoughts are really trying too hard to be something they are not. If you are a Satanist, those thoughts should not be there in the first place!! It's only excusable before the age of reason.

I was also brought up in a christian home. When I was about ten years old, belief in God, The Devil and Christian doctrine went out the window along with Santa, the tooth fairy and monsters. Pondering about science in school and also becoming aware of the ways my parents used to manipulate me into being good, squashed those beliefs immedietly. Once I learned to reason I was able to find out the right answers on my own. I was out to seek TRUTH, not the comfort of belief. No struggles here.

Quote:

Leviathan VIII, if I had read your words at the tender age of 16, I would have felt that same fire blazing in my belly, as I do when I read them today. I would have known without a doubt, this is me!
RIP Xtian mindset!

Would you really? Being that it took you 29 years to overcome the mindset and guilt, would you have seen yourself in The Satanic Bible at the age of 16? After having such a mindset for so long, what exactly makes you Satanic? You should know something is wrong with your thinking before reading Warlock Leviathan's post at the age of 16 or The Satanic Bible! I'm sure you are familiar with the term...Defacto Satanist. These are people throughout history and the present that have had a Satanic mindset all thier lives without reading The Satanic Bible. When and if they eventually learn about it, it will change nothing about who they really are.

#129930 - 11/05/05 06:48 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Carkosa]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

These are people throughout history and the present that have had a Satanic mindset all thier lives without reading The Satanic Bible. When and if they eventually learn about it, it will change nothing about who they really are.

#129931 - 11/05/05 07:33 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Assabrah]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

On being born a Satanist, being duped by Christianity as a child, etc

I remember believing Christian BS when I was very small. I can't remember at what age I lost that, but I think it was around about the same time as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, etc.

Some years after that I remember when I was 11 being in trouble at school, because I did not sing along with the (Christian) hymns, and did not bow my head when the command was given "Let us pray". Upon attending (obligatory) church services, I reguarly got into trouble for such things as passing the time by playing chess with my neighbour. I don't hate Christians, well, not all of them anyway, but I certainly hate Christianity. I think the last trace of Christian thought to be removed from my head was the notion of salvation. Have you heard the Evanescence song "Tourniquet?" That kind of feeling. Lyrics here for your convenience. The above song was made long after I lost these feelings of my own, but I do remember having felt that sentiment at some stage. Nowadays of course, such ideas make my lip curl in disgust.

The only other way I've ever been drawn to Christianity is in its element of oldness, nice big old buildings with cool architecture, etc. Ancient writings in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Latin. But seriously, as that's the only thing Christianity has going for it, it'd be a pretty poor excuse to be a Christian. Though I suppose it's better than the excuses most Christians are more likely to give.

#129932 - 11/05/05 07:39 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Maninblack]
Tex_Talionis Offline
CoS Member

Excellent point, I've always enjoyed that quote and once had to use it on a female I was done with.
Citizen Infernal Empire
Test Everything.

#129933 - 11/05/05 11:17 PM An aside for Poets [Re: Poets]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Quote:

One of the great challenges of psychology is to find a reliable method to attach numbers to abstract principles such as intelligence, memory, and reasoning. Some academics think that this an impossible task, but in my educated opinion it is merely a matter of finding the right tools to do the job. I have dedicated myself to this study with the aim of exposing better methods and insight into the study of the inner workings of the human mind--the most complicated subject matter available.

May I suggest Lawrence LeShan's The World of the Paranormal? I do realize that he writes mostly about parapsychology, but his epistemological arguments are equally applicable to psychology. In fact, LeShan does address psychology somewhat as well.

This is truly a work worthy of your consideration. He writes well also.

#129935 - 11/06/05 12:58 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Linguascelesta]
Lilithflower Offline

I hear what all of you are saying. If it has taken me 29 years to dismiss that little fear in the back of my mind, "But what if my parents had it right", despite all of my good logic to the contrary, then maybe I am not a Satanist through and through.
That does not change the fact that Anton LaVey was a genious, that I see myself in much of what he had to say (I have read TSB, SS and TDN, the others are on order) and that I can use such wisdom to dramatically improve my situation.

#129936 - 11/06/05 01:01 AM Re: An aside for Poets [Re: Isabel23]
Poets Offline

I will have to give it a read sometime then. It sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the suggestion!

#129937 - 11/06/05 07:29 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Satanya Offline
Banned

I would argue that certain things such as quality for example are subjective only with those that would not agree that there are certain standards that can´t be argued -- such as what you described with H.P. Peter Gilmore´s quote.

But then again, I should probably not argue with those at all -- it rarely results in anything productive to do so.

Great essay, good points (not subjectively speaking ) . Thanks for posting it.

HS!

#129938 - 11/06/05 07:38 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Maninblack]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Well observed! Your post reminded me of an essay written by Herr Doktor in his The Devil´s NoteBook : How to be God ( Or The Devil ).

Some things when proclaimed by the individual himself are nothing but self-affirmation, or an attempt to convince themselves they are something they are not. Why, oh why can´t they just be themselves.

#129939 - 11/06/05 04:36 PM Re: Just stop. [Re: ]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I agreed with all you wrote except:

Quote:

...power and happiness take hard work...

Compared to what?

The Satanic view is really to the point on this as I see it.

Six years from now you will (hopefully) awaken from sleeping as usual and look out the window.

The world you will live in then will either have been molded further to your own liking by making the right kind of selfish choices along the way ...or not.

You will do things during those six years. You will eat, sleep, work, talk, etc. for 60 seconds out of every minute and 24 hours out of every day.

So is it really "harder" to do what might promote your own best interest or not?

For the Satanist the answer is a no-brainer.

For the herd the answer comes from being a no-brainer.

#129940 - 11/06/05 04:45 PM Re: Just stop. [Re: Nemo]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Nicely put, Reverend

*grins with happiness at various projects he has underway, and ones he has planned for the future*

The herd... I couldn't live like that, going from day to day with every day being as wasteful as the last... It would kill me.

#129941 - 11/06/05 04:49 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
metaloverdose Offline

well in my workplace there are alot of bible pushers. in protest i displayed an upside down cross on my table. one day i was absent and they took it down and threw it away. i came back they said i couldnt have it but yet all the christians can wear their god stuff. i would like to know what i could do to fight this but not get myself fired. and it doesnt help that i live in the bible belt. any help would be great

#129942 - 11/06/05 05:12 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: metaloverdose]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

well in my workplace there are alot of bible pushers. in protest i displayed an upside down cross on my table. one day i was absent and they took it down and threw it away. i came back they said i couldnt have it but yet all the christians can wear their god stuff. i would like to know what i could do to fight this but not get myself fired. and it doesnt help that i live in the bible belt. any help would be great

I think displaying anti-christian symbols in the presence of christians is asking for unwanted troubles.

Why not just keep it to your self?

Then maybe you can keep your job?

One more thing, where is your introduction?

#129943 - 11/06/05 05:14 PM what? [Re: metaloverdose]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Think really hard about what you just said. If you can't see the error of your reasoning, the you are probably in the wrong place.

You are definately posting this in the wrong thread.

#129944 - 11/06/05 07:22 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: metaloverdose]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

You know what I love? When the executioner erects a gallows in town square, and the guilty parties jump right into the noose without even being asked.

#129945 - 11/06/05 07:29 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

You know what I love? When the executioner erects a gallows in town square, and the guilty parties jump right into the noose without even being asked.

I'm quit fond of this myself.

Saves me the hassle.

#129946 - 11/07/05 04:20 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Xerx Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Italy
Great post Warlock!

Compliments!

Xerx

#129947 - 11/07/05 09:05 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Quote:

Indeed, it is better that way. It saves a lot of time when you don't have to drag them up there, kicking and screaming as they go.

#129948 - 11/07/05 01:05 PM : [Re: metaloverdose]
lubicant Offline

Quote:

"Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself."
-LaVey, Anton

Think about that one for a moment.

#129949 - 11/07/05 03:57 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Carkosa]
WinterGoat Offline

Funny.

There seem to be a couple of misconceptions you have formed from the information that I provided in my introduction.

First of all, I never claimed to be a Xian. I only said that I had tried to follow it during this time. (At least, the implication was there).

Quote:

I just came out of Xtianity about 3 years ago. I had followed it for about 25 years and was constantly disillusioned by it all. The very thought of surrendering my whole self to another being (no matter how high and mighty that being is presumed to be) was so repulsive to me, and I didn't even recognize that I was going against myself in this or I would feel too guilty to truly deal with it properly. This is the reason that I chose my nic. It is a constant reminder for me that I am not of the HERD, that I need to guard against falling back into the same old thought patterns that served to enslave me.

Also during this time, I repeatedly left Xianity to seek "truth" elsewhere only to return to it again later. I have touched upon this in another thread.

Look here

As far as what I said about the Xian mindset, well, I guess mindset was the wrong word. All I really meant by this was that sometimes when deep in thought some verse of scripture from some "holy" book will pop into my head and disrupt my thoughts. This happens quite often and can be very annoying at times, and writings such as this one help to inspire me.

A question now comes to mind.
If one adopts a certain set of ideals for a time, does that really make them their own?

Anyway, think what you will of me. I could really care less. I know what I am. For the first time in my life, I really know who and what I am. And this is the last that I have to say about this.

HAIL SATAN!

Edited by unHERDof (11/08/05 06:13 PM)

Albert Schweitzer

From the song Warlock

TESLAMAP5

#129950 - 11/08/05 12:35 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Lilithflower]
Lilithflower Offline

Quote:

I hear what all of you are saying. If it has taken me 29 years to dismiss that little fear in the back of my mind, "But what if my parents had it right", despite all of my good logic to the contrary, then maybe I am not a Satanist through and through.
That does not change the fact that Anton LaVey was a genious, that I see myself in much of what he had to say (I have read TSB, SS and TDN, the others are on order) and that I can use such wisdom to dramatically improve my situation.

And another thing: I do not see that it matters if it takes a person 10 years or 30 years to arrive at the same conclusion. One's thinking can evolve, as one learns from life's experiences, bitter or otherwise. Like unHERDof, I never quite "fit in" as a Xtian, or rather Xtianity did not fit me. As I stand, right here, right now, Satanism fits.

#129951 - 11/08/05 07:41 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: WinterGoat]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Funny.

There seem to be a couple of misconceptions you have formed from the information that I provided in my introduction.

First of all, I never claimed to be a Xian. I only said that I had tried to follow it during this time. (At least, the implication was there).

You are not making any type of sense. Now you want to play with words. You were not a christian, yet you "followed" it for 25 years? *Laughs* What bull. I hate to break it to you but "following" is what christianity is all about. Following a religion whether you think it is ingrained in you or not is herd mentality. This paragraph says it all, you keep shooting yourself in the foot here...

Quote:

I just came out of Xtianity about 3 years ago. I had followed it for about 25 years and was constantly disillusioned by it all. The very thought of surrendering my whole self to another being (no matter how high and mighty that being is presumed to be) was so repulsive to me, and I didn't even recognize that I was going against myself in this or I would feel too guilty to truly deal with it properly. This is the reason that I chose my nic. It is a constant reminder for me that I am not of the HERD, that I need to guard against falling back into the same old thought patterns that served to enslave me.

Again, it took you 25 years to "see the light". You were disillusioned and repulsed, yet you hung on so long...and you went back! Whether you want to admit it or not, you converted to Satanism. You were not born this way. The very fact that you were once "enslaved" speaks volumes. Satanists are not slaves, they are Gods.

Quote:

Also during this time, I repeatedly left Xianity to seek "truth" elsewhere only to return to it again later. I have touched upon this in another thread.

It's not really surprising that you returned. That type of thinking is very innate. Your struggles are very evident.

Look here

As for this post that you wrote a while back, you're not telling me anything different. You were enslaved for 25 years jumping into many religions because "religion" was so important to you. Religion prevents you from finding yourself, NOT the other way around! I find it very difficult to believe that you saw yourself in The Satanic Bible once you read it. How so? How does an "enslaved" person see themselves when they read TSB? There is a huge difference in agreeing with The Satanic Bible and being a Satanist. It took reading TSB to realize your thinking was wrong. It seems clearly evident The Satanic Bible was merely a key to your release from prison, not a literal reflection of yourself. Where would you now be if you never read it? Probably another religion.

Quote:

As far as what I said about the Xian mindset, well, I guess mindset was the wrong word. All I really meant by this was that sometimes when deep in thought some verse of scripture from some "holy" book will pop into my head and disrupt my thoughts. This happens quite often and can be very annoying at times, and writings such as this one help to inspire me.

Again, you are playing with words. This is no different from a "mindset". The fact that you also need these types of inspirations to keep you from thinking about these biblical passages speaks volumes.

Quote:

A question now comes to mind.
If one adopts a certain set of ideals for a time, does that really make them their own?

No. Not in your case and that is because Satanists don't "adopt" Satanic ideals...they were always there. As for any other train of thought, it really depends if those ideals truly stick. I never had to "adopt" Satanic ideals. I always had them. My life and views did not have to change when I read TSB. It only labeled my existing identity.

Quote:

Anyway, think what you will of me. I could really care less. I know what I am. For the first time in my life, I really know who and what I am? And this is the last that I have to say about this.

Yeah right...you keep telling yourself that. If you didn't care less you wouldn't feel the need to try so hard to prove it to me or anyone. Satanism does indeed require excellence. Not self deciet and withdrawel syndrome of past christian dogma.

Edited by Carkosa (11/08/05 03:32 PM)

#129952 - 11/08/05 08:04 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ainur Offline

Loc: Earth
This should be placed on a sticky...

Excellent piece of work!
"But the average person doesn't have that much imagination. They just want to be entertained. They want to have the tableau presented for them. They don't want to participate beyond a certain point. They want the safety of the herd, to be catered to, sit back and enjoy." ~ Anton Lavey Hail Satan!

#129953 - 11/08/05 12:30 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TommAlt Offline

Ok,
You gave many and good arguments and... so what?
Don't understand me wrong, but You think You say something new? Do you think that someone here don't know it?

#129954 - 11/08/05 12:57 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TommAlt]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Do you think that someone here don't know it?

As a matter of fact I do. Take a look at the typical introduction to see exactly what I'm talking about.

#129955 - 11/08/05 02:13 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Lilithflower]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>And another thing: I do not see that it matters if it
>>takes a person 10 years or 30 years to arrive at the same
>>conclusion.

I totally agree. People seem to misinterpret "born not made" to mean "always hated religion, and always knowingly believed in what's in the Satanic Bible" (and please folks, spare me the pointless semantics arguments on the word "believe"). I see a lot of people here whose prior religious experience is: 1. raised under the religion of their parents (perhaps), 2. rejected it and became a militant atheist, 3. discovered Satanism. That's fine, but it's hardly the same path all other Satanists have gone through, myself included.

Doesn't anybody remember the chapter "The God You Save May Be Yourself" from that lil' black book? It describes how some people end up searching for more and more complex forms of "enlightenment" until they finally stop denying that there is no carnal vs. spiritual, but only the carnal. I looked into all sorts of religions, even being a devout Wiccan at some point in my life. I'd eventually get bored, finding myself practicing out of guilty feelings of obligation, notice that I was taking the religion much more seriously than the people around me, then move on to something else and start it all over again. I've always been a very religious person in general, and still consider myself religious.

Eventually, though, I realized what I truly liked about religion. It wasn't cosmic answers or excuses for irresponsibility, but rather the awe of organized ceremony, and the model of dogma. I recognized ego-projections for what they were. And I finally realized I could have these things without all the self-loathing, emotion-denying, and superstitious bullshit attached to it.

To me, it doesn't matter whether somebody first reads the Satanic Bible at age 13 or age 63. Once the scales truly fall from ones eyes, they stay off.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#129956 - 11/08/05 05:18 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Carkosa]
WinterGoat Offline

And once again you have twisted much of what I have written totally out of context. You seem to have a real knack for it. None of what I have posted was meant to convey a need for acceptance or validation, (I would really be in sad shape if I thought for just one moment that I needed to seek validation from you ) but simply to relay a need for identification . This is something that all of us here have sought, and many have found, and this one theme stands out very clearly if you will only look at it. And regardless of what you might say, I have found that in the writings of LaVey.

And just because my past life's experiences aren't the same as yours, I can't possibly be a Satanist, is that it?

I did not respond to your posts to defend my position, only to attempt to clear up yours (and others) misconceptions.

Now I have stated it before, and I will state it again.

Show at least a little intelligence when reading/posting to others writings. And start looking at what is really there, not what you want to be there.

And finally, grow the hell up! You have revealed the sad, pathetic, miserable, small minded creature that you really are. Find another scapegoat, because I am not here to be abused for your benefit! Or anyone elses for that matter.

Converted? I didn't convert to shit!!

This now is the very last of my postings on this subject.

ASSEZ!

HAIL SATAN!

Edited by unHERDof (11/08/05 05:23 PM)

Albert Schweitzer

From the song Warlock

TESLAMAP5

#129957 - 11/08/05 06:18 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: WinterGoat]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

What matters is not the label you previously applied to yourself, but you behavior, now and then. I tend to think that a born Satanist will have always behaved with Satanic tendencies, even when they previously applied a different label to themselves or even harbored incorrect ideas. I once called myself a Christian (and once a Buddhist), but I was not exactly a Christian for very Christian reasons. I felt that Christianity had social connections to offer me; yet as soon as I truly understood the core beliefs of Christianity, I realized it was obviously a scam.

BillM is at least correct in saying that there are many different paths that lead to Satanism, yet past behavior is still a good indicator of the core self. I would personally be skeptical of anyone who had a genuinely Christian mindset at any time becoming a Satanist. The Christian mode of thought is so utterly askew from man's true nature that I would suspect such a person of mental illness!

Nevertheless, the real proof is in the pudding. You, sir, are in the position of not yet having the time to have gained much trust. Such arguments as this are wholly unproductive; why not instead set out to show why we should regard you as truly one of us? It is the only way to gain our trust.

The choice is yours.

#129958 - 11/08/05 06:33 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: WinterGoat]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

And once again you have twisted much of what I have written totally out of context. You seem to have a real knack for it. None of what I have posted was meant to convey a need for acceptance or validation, (I would really be in sad shape if I thought for just one moment that I needed to seek validation from you ) but simply to relay a need for identification . This is something that all of us here have sought, and many have found, and this one theme stands out very clearly if you will only look at it. And regardless of what you might say, I have found that in the writings of LaVey.

And just because my past life's experiences aren't the same as yours, I can't possibly be a Satanist, is that it?

I did not respond to your posts to defend my position, only to attempt to clear up yours (and others) misconceptions.

Now I have stated it before, and I will state it again.

Show at least a little intelligence when reading/posting to others writings. And start looking at what is really there, not what you want to be there.

And finally, grow the hell up! You have revealed the sad, pathetic, miserable, small minded creature that you really are. Find another scapegoat, because I am not here to be abused for your benefit! Or anyone elses for that matter.

Converted? I didn't convert to shit!!

This now is the very last of my postings on this subject.

The truth hurts doesn't it? I'm not the one who was enslaved with sheepish mentality all my life...YOU were.

#129959 - 11/08/05 06:56 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I'll raise my glass to that.

Good description, Bill.

I went the "atheist" route myself, but I always engaged in intense, engaged religious study and experimentation until I discovered Satanism. Pure atheism never *quite* did it for me, but it was the best I had for quite some time. I went out of my way to study and 'taste' every religion I came across to see if it had ideas that resonated with me and gave me freedom, and beliefs and practices that made sense.

I also concur with Leviathan as well, that a real Satanist showed Satanic attitudes and tendencies all along. Now, that doesn't mean that someone unequivocally and absolutely has to show all of the Satanic attitudes and tendencies from the get-go, it just means that Satanism doesn't lend itself to someone making an unexpected and unforseen 180 degree turn, like a horse turning into a badger.

I believe those here who are giving Unherdof a hard time should chill out until we've gotten to know him better. He may very well be unused to "Satanic buzzwords" and ways Satanists like to word things, so in that case, he should be given that benefit of the doubt while he warms up to other Satanists. I didn't know how to socialize with other Satanists when I was younger, and I didn't know all of the ways in which my wording or my statements were being gauged or scrutinized. But, let's wait for some actual signs of guilt before bringing out the pitchforks, eh?

#129960 - 11/09/05 05:33 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: metaloverdose]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:

well in my workplace there are alot of bible pushers. in protest i displayed an upside down cross on my table.

You just missed the whole point of a very good post. Obviously you have a need to rebel against your religious co-workers but ask yourself this; did it actually do any good for you? Although it might seem a fun thing to do and an easy way to 'let out' your emotions it can be a very poor decision you made, especially when you rely on those persons. You do make a living there you know...

#129961 - 11/09/05 09:47 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
If I dare say...

While certainly "Where the elite come to play," is an excellent slogan for this site, I think there is a phrase from your post that could be used as well:

"We test everything, nothing moreso than those who would place themselves as our peers."

It certainly would be something to hang on the front door for this board, would it not?

#129962 - 11/09/05 12:31 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TommAlt Offline

Quote:

Do you think that someone here don't know it?

As a matter of fact I do. Take a look at the typical introduction to see exactly what I'm talking about.

Right, some can't call themselves Satanists (your post remind me Nemo's text "Satanism Needs An Enema!") and...
are this poor people important to You?

#129963 - 11/09/05 01:44 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TrojZyr]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
Amen, TrojZyr!

I agree completely with that and with Bill M's last post as well.

The word "Satanist" is a label. So is "Christian," "Buddhist," "Hindu," etc. One could, theorectially, call themself a "Christian," whilst Living and Practicing the basic philosophy of Satanism. This person may not know that they are a defacto Satanist, but when (and if) they ever discover and read The Satanic Bible, they will most likely switch to the correct religious label- Satanist.

It is up to each individual to decide for him or herself whether or not Satanism is for them. They need to read Anton LaVey's writings, analyze their own life, figure out how and if Satanism can apply to them, and go from there. They do not need for complete strangers to overanalyze their posts made online. If someone chooses to adopt a religious label of any type, I, for one, generally take their word for it at first, until the person may expose anything hypocritical about their personality and nature.
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#129964 - 11/09/05 02:48 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Inverted_Cross]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
Quote:

In addition to this, arguments should be conversed with more intelligence besides showing everyone in the room you can use four letter words and very loudly for that matter.

How about avoiding the constant use of street slang, such as "'Know wha'm sayn?" "I'm like, yo' ma-hn" etc. etc. ad nauseum! The way people speak should and does serve as a measure of their intelligence.

As far as LeviathanXIII's original post is concerned, it should be mandatory reading for all newcomers. TRUE Satanists are the Alien ELITE. Elite equals excellence in whatever field you choose to pursue. This means you always strive to get better at any undertaking. (Careers/hobbies,etc.) Myself, as a guitarist and an actor, I want to be every bit as good as my Idols or maybe even better. For this reason, I practice as much as possible, and am very hard on myself for it. I have actually had quite a few talented people praise my skills onstage and with the ol' 6 string, and while it's very flattering, in my own mind it's never good enough, I always want to get better, and always will want to, no matter what. This is as it should be, for the day I stop being my own worst critic is the day I stop improving, and producing- or to put it another way, the day i die.
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#129965 - 11/09/05 03:05 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Helliott]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Helliot, that's me exactly with my study of Aikido and of languages (amongst other things; they are my two of greatest areas of focus for continuous and insatiable improvement). It's good to be amongst kindred spirits who will not settle comfortably for mediocrity.

#129966 - 11/09/05 05:43 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TommAlt]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I am getting the impression that:

a) You do not read English perfectly and may not have understood what I am driving at;

b) You do not write English perfectly and I am not sure I understand what you are driving at.

If I guess correctly, you mean to say that it is pointless for me to care about "idiots", and therefore you imply that what I wrote is directed at the hopeless.

You may in fact be right that this will mostly fall on deaf ears. I wrote it anyway. So I ask you: Why is it important to you whether or not I wrote this?

#129967 - 11/12/05 02:06 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Bill_M]
Inquisitor Offline

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Quote:

To me, it doesn't matter whether somebody first reads the Satanic Bible at age 13 or age 63. Once the scales truly fall from ones eyes, they stay off.

I recall stating something along the lines of becoming a Satanist in my introduction (however, this could be my imagination). Regarding this quote, this is more specific to the intended meaning than my attempt.

When I say, or hear someone say (in the right context, of course) that they have become a Satanist, this is usually what I think of. Is that an acceptable explaination? Because I've noticed in my short time on this site that many a person gets contradicted in regards to stating that they have become a Satanist.

I guess it would be more appropriate to state that they have found themselves to BE a Satanist after reading LaVey's work, researching CoS website, etc. than to say they have recently BECOME one.

#129968 - 11/12/05 02:15 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Helliott]
Inquisitor Offline

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Quote:

How about avoiding the constant use of street slang, such as "'Know wha'm sayn?" "I'm like, yo' ma-hn" etc. etc. ad nauseum! The way people speak should and does serve as a measure of their intelligence.

I actually came into a situation where I was so irritated by the bullshit that was coming out of one kid's mouth (I think he may have been around 16), I actually said to him "I wonder; do you think if there was a pop icon or a TV soap that had a slight hint of intelligence to it, you could be programmed to be a little more than a half-wit?" I'm sure your imaginations can easily tell what type of string of four-letter-words response I got to that.

And to be honest, apart from anyone fucking with it either physically or emotionally, having my child grow up with a vocabulary like that is one of the most daunting things about my otherwise optimistic outlook on being a father.

#129969 - 11/12/05 02:30 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Inquisitor]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I understand what BillM is driving at, but I do not want to leave room for error. To quote Magister Ventrue:

When reading the Satanic Bible Satanists do not really learn anything new, because this is what we believed from the beginning, now we just have it simply explained and it gives us a name for our beliefs, it tells us why we are so different from everyone else in the world. Its all common sense to us, not something we need to read everyday in order to find the "true way" like the Christians do with their fictional bible.

Therefore, if a person finds themselves having to change themselves, especially attempts to alter their core nature in order to "become" a Satanist, then they just aren't a Satanist. They can agree with Satanism, they can admire it, think its the best thing since sliced bread, but they are no more a Satanist than a fat man is a marathon runner.

You are correct in saying that semantically, it is more accurate to say that one finds themself to be a a Satanist than finds themselves becoming a Satanist. Perhaps it seems overanalytical of the words used to make such a distinction, but personally I think that sloppiness with words is not acceptable when it comes to such matters.

Not to accuse you, incidentally; I can allow that perhaps you simply had not put enough consideration yet into such distinctions. So long as you understand why this distinction is made, there is no problem.

#129970 - 11/12/05 06:38 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Inquisitor]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Yup, that'd be one of my greatest fears if I were going to be a parent---that my child would be into Barbies, MTV, fashion, pop music, and mallratting, period, or metal/rock, baggy jeans, ebonics, and skateboarding, period, and deeply into socializing and hobnobbing with people. I would feel very conflicted if I had a child who turned out to be noticeably less-than-Satanic.

#129971 - 11/13/05 01:46 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TrojZyr]
Poets Offline

Quote:

Yup, that'd be one of my greatest fears if I were going to be a parent---that my child would be into Barbies, MTV, fashion, pop music, and mallratting, period, or metal/rock, baggy jeans, ebonics, and skateboarding, period, and deeply into socializing and hobnobbing with people. I would feel very conflicted if I had a child who turned out to be noticeably less-than-Satanic.

Many if not most people tend to rebel against their parents at some point in their development. Some of the most hardcore *evil* people I know come from bible-thumping redneck church addicts; some of the most complacent and extroverted folks are the spawn of otherwise influential and independent parents.

I think the most important decision a parent can make is to choose NOT to live vicariously through their child. If you want your son or daughter to be independent, strongwilled and a true individual--provide the option to be these things without pushing him or her towards them.

#129972 - 11/13/05 02:20 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Poets]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Oh, agreed there. Children should be shown the world, shown the options, disciplined and nurtured, and frequently conversed with, so that they can become their own people. Pushing them one way or another serves no good purpose, and may actually cause them to flee in the opposite direction.

The child does not exist to satisfy you or your own dreams for your life. A child is not a mini-me.

Mostly, if my child were "sheeplike," for lack of a better word, my sadness and awkwardness would mostly come from not being able to relate to them and connect with them as I'd like to. Getting that "Duh?" look from people in my own house, my own sanctuary, would be very tiring and trying.

#129973 - 11/13/05 03:10 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Mason_Rust]
BlackPhilosopher Offline

Loc: A nordic place draped in snow
Off topic, your tatoo on your chest on your avatar isn't located at the same side as the one displayed on your website.

Are you a skin mutating kind of human?

#129974 - 11/13/05 05:16 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TrojZyr]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Getting that "Duh?" look from people in my own house, my own sanctuary, would be very tiring and trying.

You certainly have a valid point here.
One can never quite tell exactly how one's child will mature,
nor what type of person their offspring will choose to become.

You can raise your child to be capable of reasoning and logic,
caring but independent, wise to the world, and he/she could still turn out to be a complete wastrel.

In the last synopsis, it all comes down to their own personal choice and inherent nature.

While it can be an intimidating situation, you must realize that there is only so much you have control over.
The rest you must deal with in your own way.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#129975 - 11/13/05 05:20 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

And I for one am very glad of that particular law of nature.

Given that I, like many, was raised to be a sheep. It just didn't work with me, because it was in my nature to become the god that I am.

#129976 - 11/13/05 06:02 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

Off topic, your tatoo on your chest on your avatar isn't located at the same side as the one displayed on your website.

What, no mirrors where you come from?
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#129977 - 11/13/05 06:02 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Linguascelesta]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Given that I, like many, was raised to be a sheep. It just didn't work with me, because it was in my nature to become the god that I am.

Hear, hear!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#129979 - 11/14/05 10:19 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Dan Dread is correct...the photo was taken with the use of a mirror.

Just out of curiousity...why are you studying my anatomy?

#129980 - 11/14/05 06:08 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
lubicant Offline

Quote:

That's some straight up David Copperfield shit!

#129982 - 11/18/05 01:20 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
My father always told me that there is no difference between laziness and boredom. Maybe these stupid people just need something to do. Unfortunately since they are stupid, the thing they will choose to do is drugs. I guess since no one else is doing anything about this, it's up to us to educate the morons. (sigh) A Satanist's work is never done.

#129983 - 11/18/05 01:48 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: crackergirl]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Curious post, ma'am.

Quote:

My father always told me that there is no difference between laziness and boredom.

I think your father is wrong. Laziness and its close relative, sloth, are two of my favorite indulgences. Boredom is a state of mind that I have seldom known and never desire.

Quote:

Unfortunately since they are stupid, the thing they will choose to do is drugs. I guess since no one else is doing anything about this, it's up to us to educate the morons.

Really?

I am glad that Satanism is not about "us", but rather about "me". If you wish to mingle with morons, by all means do so. But I have other things to do.

Like be lazy.

DarkWater

#129984 - 11/18/05 07:43 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Mason_Rust]
BlackPhilosopher Offline

Loc: A nordic place draped in snow
Quote:

Just out of curiousity...why are you studying my anatomy?

Not much. Just a detail who caught my attention. Well, isn't the purpose of the picture of you on your website.

#129985 - 11/20/05 09:46 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TommAlt Offline

I.
a) yes, and I said this, when I came here

b) yes, it's possible

II.
out of curiosity - what for?

greetings

#129986 - 11/20/05 04:20 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Prometheus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Splendid post, Warlock. Thank you for addressing this issue.

To some degree, I have also come to think about the standards of excellence which you elaborate on as a characteristic trait of a Satanist. The Satanist strives for these objectively measurable standards of excellence, as High Priest Gilmore puts it, because he feels an inner drive to do so, instead of doing so to impress others.
The fact that others are often impressed is more of a positive side-effect I would say.

HAIL SATAN!

Prometheus

#129987 - 11/21/05 09:10 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: DarkWater]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
"(sigh), a Satanist's work is never done."

I just quoted myself. How's that for your notiion that this is "all about me." I guess sarcasm doesn't show up very well on the internet. My father says a lot of crazy things. He's a Baptist. He has a point though. Laziness can be fun, but if you sit around on your ass for too long, you end up being a loser. It's all about balance. (It is for me, anyway.) The moment where pleasure becomes pain is where I draw the line. Of course, I'm not a masochism (not always) so I guess my perception of what pain actually is might be different than yours.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12158 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405738 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements