Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#129971 - 11/13/05 01:46 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TrojZyr]
Poets Offline

Quote:

Yup, that'd be one of my greatest fears if I were going to be a parent---that my child would be into Barbies, MTV, fashion, pop music, and mallratting, period, or metal/rock, baggy jeans, ebonics, and skateboarding, period, and deeply into socializing and hobnobbing with people. I would feel very conflicted if I had a child who turned out to be noticeably less-than-Satanic.

Many if not most people tend to rebel against their parents at some point in their development. Some of the most hardcore *evil* people I know come from bible-thumping redneck church addicts; some of the most complacent and extroverted folks are the spawn of otherwise influential and independent parents.

I think the most important decision a parent can make is to choose NOT to live vicariously through their child. If you want your son or daughter to be independent, strongwilled and a true individual--provide the option to be these things without pushing him or her towards them.

#129972 - 11/13/05 02:20 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Poets]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Oh, agreed there. Children should be shown the world, shown the options, disciplined and nurtured, and frequently conversed with, so that they can become their own people. Pushing them one way or another serves no good purpose, and may actually cause them to flee in the opposite direction.

The child does not exist to satisfy you or your own dreams for your life. A child is not a mini-me.

Mostly, if my child were "sheeplike," for lack of a better word, my sadness and awkwardness would mostly come from not being able to relate to them and connect with them as I'd like to. Getting that "Duh?" look from people in my own house, my own sanctuary, would be very tiring and trying.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#129973 - 11/13/05 03:10 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Mason_Rust]
BlackPhilosopher Offline

Loc: A nordic place draped in snow
Off topic, your tatoo on your chest on your avatar isn't located at the same side as the one displayed on your website.

Are you a skin mutating kind of human?

#129974 - 11/13/05 05:16 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: TrojZyr]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Getting that "Duh?" look from people in my own house, my own sanctuary, would be very tiring and trying.

You certainly have a valid point here.
One can never quite tell exactly how one's child will mature,
nor what type of person their offspring will choose to become.

You can raise your child to be capable of reasoning and logic,
caring but independent, wise to the world, and he/she could still turn out to be a complete wastrel.

In the last synopsis, it all comes down to their own personal choice and inherent nature.

While it can be an intimidating situation, you must realize that there is only so much you have control over.
The rest you must deal with in your own way.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#129975 - 11/13/05 05:20 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
And I for one am very glad of that particular law of nature.

Given that I, like many, was raised to be a sheep. It just didn't work with me, because it was in my nature to become the god that I am.

#129976 - 11/13/05 06:02 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

Off topic, your tatoo on your chest on your avatar isn't located at the same side as the one displayed on your website.

What, no mirrors where you come from?
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#129977 - 11/13/05 06:02 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Linguascelesta]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Given that I, like many, was raised to be a sheep. It just didn't work with me, because it was in my nature to become the god that I am.

Hear, hear!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#129979 - 11/14/05 10:19 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Dan Dread is correct...the photo was taken with the use of a mirror.

Just out of curiousity...why are you studying my anatomy?

#129980 - 11/14/05 06:08 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: BlackPhilosopher]
lubicant Offline

Quote:

That's some straight up David Copperfield shit!

#129982 - 11/18/05 01:20 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
My father always told me that there is no difference between laziness and boredom. Maybe these stupid people just need something to do. Unfortunately since they are stupid, the thing they will choose to do is drugs. I guess since no one else is doing anything about this, it's up to us to educate the morons. (sigh) A Satanist's work is never done.

#129983 - 11/18/05 01:48 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: crackergirl]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Curious post, ma'am.

Quote:

My father always told me that there is no difference between laziness and boredom.

I think your father is wrong. Laziness and its close relative, sloth, are two of my favorite indulgences. Boredom is a state of mind that I have seldom known and never desire.

Quote:

Unfortunately since they are stupid, the thing they will choose to do is drugs. I guess since no one else is doing anything about this, it's up to us to educate the morons.

Really?

I am glad that Satanism is not about "us", but rather about "me". If you wish to mingle with morons, by all means do so. But I have other things to do.

Like be lazy.

DarkWater

#129984 - 11/18/05 07:43 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Mason_Rust]
BlackPhilosopher Offline

Loc: A nordic place draped in snow
Quote:

Just out of curiousity...why are you studying my anatomy?

Not much. Just a detail who caught my attention. Well, isn't the purpose of the picture of you on your website.

#129985 - 11/20/05 09:46 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TommAlt Offline

I.
a) yes, and I said this, when I came here

b) yes, it's possible

II.
out of curiosity - what for?

greetings

#129986 - 11/20/05 04:20 PM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Prometheus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Splendid post, Warlock. Thank you for addressing this issue.

To some degree, I have also come to think about the standards of excellence which you elaborate on as a characteristic trait of a Satanist. The Satanist strives for these objectively measurable standards of excellence, as High Priest Gilmore puts it, because he feels an inner drive to do so, instead of doing so to impress others.
The fact that others are often impressed is more of a positive side-effect I would say.

HAIL SATAN!

Prometheus

#129987 - 11/21/05 09:10 AM Re: The Requirements of Excellence [Re: DarkWater]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
"(sigh), a Satanist's work is never done."

I just quoted myself. How's that for your notiion that this is "all about me." I guess sarcasm doesn't show up very well on the internet. My father says a lot of crazy things. He's a Baptist. He has a point though. Laziness can be fun, but if you sit around on your ass for too long, you end up being a loser. It's all about balance. (It is for me, anyway.) The moment where pleasure becomes pain is where I draw the line. Of course, I'm not a masochism (not always) so I guess my perception of what pain actually is might be different than yours.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404445 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements