Topic Options
#130826 - 11/07/05 04:56 AM Antipas
wonder_boy Offline

Loc: Poland
Do some Satanists believe in the Antichrist?! If so I’d have for them a quote from the Holy Bible.

“I know where you live—where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city—where Satan lives.”

And also a satanic sin…

Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit! The Nine Satanic Sins by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1987
Can someone convince me that is no such a “thing” as antichrist in Church of Satan?

#130827 - 11/07/05 10:06 AM Re: Antipas [Re: wonder_boy]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Can someone convince me that is no such a “thing” as antichrist in Church of Satan?

If you don't have enough sense to already know the answer to that, then my money says that nobody can convince you of anything.

But since you want it so bad:

There is no antichrist in the Church of Satan.

Feel better now?

Oh, and somehow you've slipped by without an introduction. I suggest posting one in the next 24 hours.

#130828 - 11/07/05 07:13 PM Re: Antipas [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Lust Offline

Edited by teir (11/07/05 08:05 PM)
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#130829 - 11/07/05 07:37 PM Re: Antipas [Re: Lust]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
A. You shouldn't be posting in this forum. The forum description clearly says this.

B. Who exactly are you talking to? I'm almost certain it's not the person you replied to.

#130830 - 11/07/05 08:56 PM Re: Antipas [Re: wonder_boy]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Your posted question raises many questions of its own.

You've titled it, "Antipas", but ask the question of Satanists believing in an singular (presumably "prophesied") antichrist.

Antipas was a christian, martyred not long before the words you quoted were written, and what you've quoted alludes to nothing about an antichrist. "...where Satan lives...", in keeping with this piece of apocalyptic literature, is describing more than likely the relocation of a cult there from Babylon.

"The antichrist", as conceived by the writers of the "new testament", was never designed to instill the belief and expectation of some far flung future archrival to Jesus. They already had one in the steady stream of Caesars until the Popes took the reins, but then even they were labeled as antichrists, and this type of nonsense continues to today.

Quote:

Why do you feel you need "convinced"?

#130831 - 11/08/05 12:49 AM Re: Antipas [Re: Caesar]
wonder_boy Offline

Loc: Poland
I want to feel convinced because Church of Satan clearly says that:
"All religions of a spiritual nature are inventions of man. He has created an entire system of gods with nothing more than his carnal brain. Just because he has an ego and cannot accept it, he has had to externalize it into some great spiritual device which he calls 'God'."
- Anton Szandor LaVey [The Satanic Bible]
And second of all believing in myths would be dangerous..
Ave Satanas!!!

#130832 - 11/08/05 06:34 AM Re: Antipas [Re: wonder_boy]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I don't exactly follow your train of thought, but if you know the words contained in The Satanic Bible to be true, I don't see how you couldn't answer your own questions in this regard...and you would need no convincing from others.

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405806 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements