Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#132455 - 11/15/05 08:10 PM Just sent my application!
Darrell Offline

Loc: Anchorage, AK
I just wanted to share that I just sent off my application for membership and paid my fee via paypal!

Hail Satan!

#132456 - 11/15/05 11:26 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Darrell]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Congratulations.

We'll see you down stairs soon enough.

#132457 - 11/16/05 12:17 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: CWH]
Darrell Offline

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Thanks!

HS!

#132458 - 11/16/05 04:15 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Darrell]
Citizen_HHG Offline
CoS Member

Loc: the Netherlands
Congratulations on your deciscion to become part of the Alien Elite...

See you "downstairs" in a while!

Citizen_HHG

www.churchofsatan.com
www.vampiretemple.com

#132459 - 11/20/05 08:58 AM And? [Re: Darrell]
Euphoria Offline

Loc: 1/4 mile and 9 seconds away!
This is one of those posts that appear from time to time. I just don't understand them.
Why do people seem to have to anounce they've decided to join the CoS?
"I've filled in the form and sent off my money."
Well done! I've just renewed my subscription to the New Scientist. This involved filling in a form, and, yes you've guessed it, sending some money! So will someone please congratulate me?
The decision to become a member is surely a personal choice. Simply filling in a form and paying the money does not a Satanist make. Are you seeking approval? An open armed welcome to the fold? I just don't get it!

#132460 - 11/20/05 10:55 AM Re: And? [Re: Euphoria]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

The reasons people join the CoS are as various as the persons submitting the applications. This is also true for why one would announce the decision here, though there are some commonalities that those who make the announcement share. But before getting to them, I must address your conception about the CoS application and fee.

Quote:

Well done! I've just renewed my subscription to the New Scientist. This involved filling in a form, and, yes you've guessed it, sending some money!

Do you believe this is an apt example, comparing a magazine subscription to CoS membership, or were you intentionally distorting the case to make your point? I suspect you believe the former, since you are not a CoS member. If I viewed membership as you do, I too would have little interest in the CoS.

Of course, I understand matters differently. As I wrote elsewhere, joining the CoS was foremost an act of personal fidelity with who and what I have been and forever will be. Most members would likely say something similar.

Quote:

Simply filling in a form and paying the money does not a Satanist make.

Of course not. But, again, the Satanist is not merely “filling in a form and paying the money” when he or she aligns with the CoS.

You question Darrell:

Quote:

Are you seeking approval? An open armed welcome to the fold? I just don't get it!

Those would be fair questions if he even hinted that this was his motive in casting his lot with the organization that best represents his interests.

But this is all that Darrell said:

Quote:

I just wanted to share that I just sent off my application for membership and paid my fee via paypal!

If his words betray a person seeking approval from us, or if they show someone wishing for a group hug, please tell me how you see this.

Darrell is free to speak for himself, but I suspect that he made this announcement because he feels good about his decision and believed that his announcement would be understood and appreciated by those who have made the same decision and felt as he does now.

If this is the case, Darrell is right in his conclusion, the only caveat being that some people here will here not understand his motives.

I mean no disrespect to you, Euphoria, but I would not be surprised if you still don’t get it. But I am glad that Darrell does.

Congratulations, sir.

Hail Satan!

DarkWater

#132461 - 11/20/05 12:16 PM Re: And? [Re: DarkWater]
Euphoria Offline

Firstly let me say that my comments were not solely directed at Darrell, but at all those who have made the same sort of posts.

Now to address your point;
Quote:

Do you believe this is an apt example, comparing a magazine subscription to CoS membership, or were you intentionally distorting the case to make your point? I suspect you believe the former, since you are not a CoS member. If I viewed membership as you do, I too would have little interest in the CoS.

CoS membership and a magazine subscription are obviously not the same. The decision to join the CoS is something that should not be taken lightly, but it's the decision that is important, not the form filling and money paying.
Now as I am yet to join, my view on this may differ, but when I do join, if I announce it anywhere, it will be 'downstairs' to those who'd want to know. I obviously don't know what goes on down there, but I would imagine there's an introduction procedure involved, much as there is up here (admittedly I've just reread my introduction and cringed!)

Just another small point, I know at least one other member of this forum who is a CoS member, but has chosen not to say! I have no idea why, but I'm sure they're not alone!

Joining the CoS is not an achievement! Anyone can do it. Being a Satanist is not an achievement; after all we're born not made! Living life to it's fullest, being a success at what you chose to do, seeing the world for what it really is, now those are achievements!!

As for me still not getting it; well maybe I don't. I feel no need to tell others what I already know about myself. Whether you are a Satanist or not, has nothing to do with if you are a paid up member of CoS, as others have said before. Does me not being a member make me less of a Satanist than you or anyone else?

Replies to posts like yours DarkWater, are, in my opinion, what this forum should be about! Debate, thought and discussion!

'Where the elite come to play'

I love a good game!!!

#132462 - 11/20/05 12:51 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Darrell]
Lust Offline

Congratulations!
Hey, good for you, This is an achievement worthy of celebration and honor. My best wishes to you sir.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#132463 - 11/20/05 12:57 PM Re: And? [Re: Euphoria]
Titania Offline

Quote:

Joining the CoS is not an achievement! Anyone can do it. Being a Satanist is not an achievement; after all we're born not made! Living life to it's fullest, being a success at what you chose to do, seeing the world for what it really is, now those are achievements.

Exactly so. My personal achievements are my own and no-one elses. It is a mark of me as a person in a particular field that proves my success and talent and ability against competition.

Having said that, i wish to pursue those interests with those of a like mind, and have so far put together A$164 for my CoS Membership. Not too sure the exchange rate for Australian Dollars are against the US...

#132464 - 11/20/05 01:00 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Lust]
Titania Offline

Quote:

This is an achievement worthy of celebration and honor.

Why? Has he been accepted automatically as a Active Member as opposed to a regular, vanilla, anyonecanjoin Registered Member? Heck, if it is a Active Member, congrats indeed! Regular registered member, what's the amazing deal? Professor or Pleb, anyone can send the funds. This is looking at it in an entirely pragmatic, balanced and equal manner.

I give due respect to those that are Active Members. I also give respect to those that are Registered Members. But making a hullabaloo about being accepted for Registered Membership is going a tad over the top, don't you think?

#132465 - 11/20/05 01:17 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Titania]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
I fail to see how he is making a "hubaloo" about registered membership, it was a short and simple post to say "hi, i'm a member now". I made one myself when I received my card. Registered membership is something worth announcing, even if it is not something worth celebrating too much. Who didn't feel great receiving that little card in the post?

#132466 - 11/20/05 03:47 PM Re: And? [Re: Euphoria]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

So will someone please congratulate me?

Congratulations.

#132467 - 11/20/05 04:34 PM Thank you [Re: CWH]
Euphoria Offline

Thank you, it was a long hard slog, but I made it!! I was thinking of subscribing to National Geographic aswell, but I think I need a rest first!

#132468 - 11/20/05 04:36 PM Re: Thank you [Re: Euphoria]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Thank you, it was a long hard slog, but I made it!! I was thinking of subscribing to National Geographic aswell, but I think I need a rest first!

Whoa, slow down there, one step at a time. You don't want to bite off more than you can chew, now do you?

#132469 - 11/20/05 06:26 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Darrell]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Darkest Congratulations!

#132470 - 11/20/05 06:32 PM Re: And? [Re: Euphoria]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
This involved filling in a form, and, yes you've guessed it, sending some money! So will someone please congratulate me?

Sure! Congratulations on your magazine subscription!

#132471 - 11/20/05 06:44 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Titania]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Well, I'm going to state the obvious here, but you have to be a registered member to become an active member.

There is a food chain you must climb and you always start from the bottom.

"So what, he sent in for registered member.", you say.

It may be no big deal to you, but to him, it is.

At least he's made that first step and he feels good about it.

Once you send in for yours, I'm sure you'll feel the same excitement as he does.

In others words, why don't you stop pissing on his parade.

#132472 - 11/20/05 07:04 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: CWH]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
You make some very good points, DemiGod.

Quote:

why don't you stop pissing on his parade.

I guess some people just can't help themselves.

#132473 - 11/20/05 07:45 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Titania]
Majik Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I totally agree with DemiGod. You have been on the forum since 10/24/05, maybe you are not at the point to making a commitment for yourself yet. But it seems that he has. So leave him be.

HS
Majik

#132474 - 11/21/05 04:25 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Cholinergic]
Titania Offline

Quote:

Who didn't feel great receiving that little card in the post?

So he has actually recieved the Membership card then? Or has he simply filled in the forms and sent off the funds? I thought it was the latter, but pardon me if i'm wrong.

And i'm not pissing on the guy's parade. I just think that celebrating sending off your application as opposed to becoming a member is a different thing altogether. Shout it from the rooftops when you become a CoS Member and i'll be the first to congratulate you. Otherwise it seems a tad over-reactive.

#132475 - 11/21/05 06:28 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Titania]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
It should be obvious that filling in the form is the first step to receiving the card. Personally, I chose not to celebrate sending off the form but if he wants to then nothing wrong with that.

Sending off the form isn't an achievement as such, but it is something to feel good about. I felt pretty good when I was standing in the post office with my application in hand, simply because I had been waiting for so long.

#132476 - 11/21/05 10:45 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Titania]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:

Quote:

Who didn't feel great receiving that little card in the post?

So he has actually recieved the Membership card then? Or has he simply filled in the forms and sent off the funds? I thought it was the latter, but pardon me if i'm wrong.

I'm not sure what you discern as a difference between the two. For some people, saving up the money is a huge accomplishment. And you may not be aware of it, but after sending your money, getting your membership card can take months, maybe he didn't feel like waiting until then.

Quote:

And i'm not pissing on the guy's parade.

Yes...you are.

Quote:

I just think that celebrating sending off your application as opposed to becoming a member is a different thing altogether. Shout it from the rooftops when you become a CoS Member and i'll be the first to congratulate you. Otherwise it seems a tad over-reactive.

Satanists don't say, or not say things just because we want to please others. It's called individuality m'dear. That's part of what being a Satanist is all about. If announcing his registration makes his clock tick than I say let him.

#132477 - 11/21/05 02:11 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Majik]
Euphoria Offline

Quote:

You have been on the forum since 10/24/05, maybe you are not at the point to making a commitment for yourself yet. But it seems that he has. So leave him be

I didn't realise that that your length of time on this forum had a bearing on how much of a Satanist you are! Hmmm....... so the 30 odd years of my life before joining this internet forum don't count?

#132478 - 11/21/05 06:08 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Titania]
Lust Offline

I guess I see things differently than you do. I shall explain. I have a passion for Satanism, and all it represents. I get excited when I talk about Satanism. I become inspired when I gaze upon the Baphomet, as I see Satan and myself are one and the same. I wish this man and give this man all the respect that is his just due.
I mean when a person reads and identifies with The Satanic Bible
Should be call for celebration "I know I did." All IM saying here is, I think you are simply less as passionate about the issue than others which is more than obvious. I hope you do not take my reply as any kind of ill response, I just don't see the need to degrade someone on reaching a desired goal.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#132479 - 11/21/05 06:13 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Darrell]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Congratulations, and continue to advance yourself in your great indulgence!

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#132480 - 11/22/05 06:24 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Lust]
Titania Offline

Quote:

I think you are simply less as passionate about the issue than others which is more than obvious. I hope you do not take my reply as any kind of ill response, I just don't see the need to degrade someone on reaching a desired goal.

None taken, but i am the kind of person who praises something and celebrates it after the actual point of success rather than on the road to the particular goal. it comes from getting excited way too often about a great many things only for things to fall flat later. Sorry if you were insulted...

#132481 - 11/22/05 08:02 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Titania]
Lust Offline

Point taken, and point made.

#132482 - 11/22/05 10:46 AM Re: And? [Re: Euphoria]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

The guy just wanted to mention he was becoming a member and then congratulations were offered freely by members. I think that says it all. Who's the one making a big deal out of it here? Sheesh! Congratulations Darrell!

#132483 - 02/01/06 01:25 AM Re: And? [Re: HellofallHells]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

The sending of the registration, in my opinion, is an acknowledgement of one's beliefs/way of life and commitment to them. So yes, it is worthy of sharing if one wishes to do so.

#132484 - 02/01/06 01:52 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Darrell]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
Congratulations darrell, welcome to the elite. I have been a member downstairs for a while just not too interested to advertise it up here. hope to see you in the SIG's soon.

#132485 - 02/01/06 03:57 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Darrell]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Congratulations, Darrell.

Best wishes on making the best of your commitment!

HAIL SATAN!

#132486 - 02/01/06 07:24 AM Re: And? [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Interesting thread.

To me personally sending off my application represented the point at which I had decided not only was I a Satanist, but that I wanted to throw in my lot with an organisation that was going somewhere, and was championing the cause of the Alien Elite.

When I received my Crimson Card I felt elated, and it made it all seem more 'real' somehow. Reading Magus Gilmore's introduction that came with the 'welcome pack' kind of brought things into a sharper focus and made me feel proud to be a CoS member.

So for me deciding to join and receiving the Card evoked quite different experiences, both equally valid and important in their own way.

This would no doubt be different for others, but that would not make their experiences any less valid!

Edited by DarkPagan (02/02/06 08:24 AM)

#132487 - 02/02/06 12:00 AM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Darrell]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Darrell, you have taken an important step in YOUR life, congratulations!

Now, if I may throw in my two cents into this debate as to whether this fine gentleman's announcement deserves "congratulations":

I can understand the viewpoint that filling out a form and transferring funds in-and-of-itself can be a rather mundane task and is nothing special. However, (In my opinion) this is not really what Darell is announcing.

The way I see it, this fine gentlemen is announcing that HE GETS IT, that he is not only taking the Devil's name, but GIVING HIM HIS DUE. He is saying that he is committed to the tenants of Satanism.

Mr. Darrell did NOT just fill out a form. He made a conscious decision to commit to a set of values and gave a token offering proclaiming such.

Once again, congratulations Darrell, I will see you "downstairs" shortly - thought it may seem like an eternity to you

HAIL SATAN!
False_Messiah78
Citizen of the Infernal Empire

SETI@Home Team

#132488 - 02/06/06 07:40 PM Re: And? [Re: DarkWater]
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
Well, having a pat on the back from other members of the CoS would mean something to me. I like a pat on the back from respected Satanists. Whats wrong with that. After all, they dont give you a pat on the back unless you deserve it anyway, so that just makes it more special.

Quote:

Quote:

The reasons people join the CoS are as various as the persons submitting the applications. This is also true for why one would announce the decision here, though there are some commonalities that those who make the announcement share. But before getting to them, I must address your conception about the CoS application and fee.

Quote:

Well done! I've just renewed my subscription to the New Scientist. This involved filling in a form, and, yes you've guessed it, sending some money!

Of course, I understand matters differently. As I wrote elsewhere, joining the CoS was foremost an act of personal fidelity with who and what I have been and forever will be. Most members would likely say something similar.

Quote:

Simply filling in a form and paying the money does not a Satanist make.

Of course not. But, again, the Satanist is not merely “filling in a form and paying the money” when he or she aligns with the CoS.

You question Darrell:

Quote:

Are you seeking approval? An open armed welcome to the fold? I just don't get it!

Those would be fair questions if he even hinted that this was his motive in casting his lot with the organization that best represents his interests.

But this is all that Darrell said:

Quote:

If his words betray a person seeking approval from us, or if they show someone wishing for a group hug, please tell me how you see this.

Darrell is free to speak for himself, but I suspect that he made this announcement because he feels good about his decision and believed that his announcement would be understood and appreciated by those who have made the same decision and felt as he does now.

If this is the case, Darrell is right in his conclusion, the only caveat being that some people here will here not understand his motives.

I mean no disrespect to you, Euphoria, but I would not be surprised if you still don’t get it. But I am glad that Darrell does.

Congratulations, sir.

Hail Satan!

DarkWater

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

#132489 - 02/06/06 07:55 PM Re: Just sent my application! [Re: Titania]
Nefastus Offline

Quote:

Why? Has he been accepted automatically as a Active Member as opposed to a regular, vanilla, anyonecanjoin Registered Member? Heck, if it is a Active Member, congrats indeed! Regular registered member, what's the amazing deal? Professor or Pleb, anyone can send the funds. This is looking at it in an entirely pragmatic, balanced and equal manner.

Hey man, cut the guy some slack. One must crawl before one can walk. He has taken the first step, which for most is the hardest. I say haza and congrats! Hail Satan!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405239 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements