Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#132921 - 11/17/05 09:48 PM leather bound satanic bibles
Mordicon Offline

Loc: milan, MI usa
I found a really cool website selling The satanic bible and The satanic rituals bound in leather, definately worth checking out... **Link Removed**

Edited by Magister_Ventrue (11/18/05 09:57 AM)

#132922 - 11/17/05 10:40 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Mordicon]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
I was going to start a thread and post a question about this online shop.
My question, was as to whether this shop is trustworthy or not.
There are so many online shops out there who don't deliver, as others have noted in past posts.

Do you have personal experience ordering from this shop, and if so, how is the quality of their handiwork?

HS!
Undercroft Sign Up

#132923 - 11/17/05 10:53 PM Satanic Bibles [Re: Mordicon]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
I had a long discussion with the owner of this company, and some correspondence about them with the COS. The goat skins appear to be the only non-predator skin they use from animals NOT slain for food, however, they are from more organized and centralized aboitoirs, which follow more strict guidlines for the killing of the animals, which is much less painful than decentralized operations. Additionally, although the goats are indeed slain for their skins more than their meat, their skins are also used for food as well. While I would prefer them to be exclusively from animals slain for food, I found it ironic that goats slain for food are usually subjected to the more painful methods of decentralized operations than the abotoirs, which employ less painful methods of death to the animals--out of not only mercy, but quality, since a thrashing animal damages the skin.

The owner himself seemed a very responsible man, although not a Satanist himself. His business is actually a smaller component of a larger operation. After investigating his tannery sources, I have little objection to the sources whence his skins were derived, and was impressed with his responsive and responsible attitude in the matter. Although I never received an outright answer regarding copyright compensation to COS, I am under the impression that he purchases copies of the books and simply changes the bindings, to which the COS has verified their approval of. Anyone wishing more detailed information on his tannery supply and their skin-harvesting methods may email me at datagod@gmail.com for supporting documentation. For more information regarding anything else, please contact the COS, since I am not an authorized representative.

I would be overjoyed to see this principle expanded and developed into an even better product. Would it not be wonderful to have copies of the Satanic Bible and Rituals, or even other books, on fine bible-paper, and with sewn-bound spines enlivened by cobra-skin. I only wish I had some skills to offer in this area to get the idea off the ground. I have called this to the attention of Magister Ventrue's Satanic Emporium, yet have not received a response. I would certainly be happy to pay a premium rate for something like this. Perhaps a second phase could consist of an entire "Satanic Library," of similar caliber, drawn from LaVey's book list, or the COS recommended reading list. Imagine a copy of "Letters from the Earth" in such a handsome tome. Nice.

In the interest of Aesthetics if nothings else, wouldn't this be wonderful?

Edited by Magister_Ventrue (11/18/05 10:08 AM)

#132924 - 11/17/05 11:08 PM Re: Satanic Bibles [Re: Quiddity]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I would be overjoyed to see this principle expanded and developed into an even better product. Would it not be wonderful to have copies of the Satanic Bible and Rituals, or even other books, on fine bible-paper, and with sewn-bound spines enlivened by cobra-skin. I only wish I had some skills to offer in this area to get the idea off the ground. I have called this to the attention of Magister Ventrue's Satanic Emporium, yet have not received a response. I would certainly be happy to pay a premium rate for something like this. Perhaps a second phase could consist of an entire "Satanic Library," of similar caliber, drawn from LaVey's book list, or the COS recommended reading list. Imagine a copy of "Letters from the Earth" in such a handsome tome. Nice.

In the interest of Aesthetics if nothings else, wouldn't this be wonderful?

I agree whole-heartedly!
I would be overjoyed to see the Emporium carry these fine hand-bound tomes!
Thank you for also addressing the issue, of the source for the tannery skins.

HS!

Edited by Magister_Ventrue (11/18/05 10:08 AM)
Undercroft Sign Up

#132925 - 11/17/05 11:42 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Mordicon]
Darrell Offline

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Those are great!

Does the good Magister have any insight on this company?

HS!

#132926 - 11/18/05 12:00 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Mordicon]
man_mind Offline
Banned

Funny thing, you mentioning that. I have began my journey to saving up some hard earned cash (This time) to purchase the Satanic Bible from them.

Did you also know that they will etch in "gold" your name etc.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#132927 - 11/18/05 12:08 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Mordicon]
Citizen_HHG Offline
CoS Member

Loc: the Netherlands
Just visited this website, and my personal opinion is .

Inverted crosses and pentagrams , it would make it more handsome and genuine to have the CoS Sigil to it.

I don't find them so great or cool, and has been said in earlier posts concerning these item's Yes I also love the idea, but I think it has to be sold and better made through our great Emporiom.

Citizen_HHG

www.churchofsatan.com
www.vampiretemple.com

#132928 - 11/18/05 12:14 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Citizen_HHG]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Just visited this website, and my personal opinion is .

Inverted crosses and pentagrams , it would make it more handsome and genuine to have the CoS Sigil to it.

I don't find them so great or cool, and has been said in earlier posts concerning these item's Yes I also love the idea, but I think it has to be sold and better made through our great Emporiom.

Agreed.

I'd perfer to buy from actual CoS members instead.

#132929 - 11/18/05 02:08 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Citizen_HHG]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Well, as in all capitalist ventures, when there is a demand, someone will supply. Right now it looks like this guy is the only supplier. I think patience would be a virtue in this situation however. That, and voiced "demands".

#132930 - 11/18/05 02:24 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Mordicon]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Perhaps appealing to some eyes, but it seems like another way for a smart guy to make a buck off of "satanists".

The copies I have of The Satanic Bible do their job just fine.

I'd much rather saving up the cash and hunt down an authentic hardcover copy. I know that they're out there.

#132931 - 11/18/05 10:05 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Mason_Rust]
man_mind Offline
Banned

www.abesbooks.com if that is the url, has a hard cover, I think.

It did when I was there last.

That's Abes Books. URL unknown.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#132932 - 11/18/05 10:07 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Mordicon]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
The problem with companies like this is just as stated ... they are looking to make a buck off of Satanists, which is fine but I tend to have a problem when the company does not go through the proper channels in which to do it. I have never been contacted by this company, they have never given anything to the CoS to show some type of respect for having the ability to sell this type of product, basically they have done nothing but use the CoS symbols and Dr. LaVey's name in order to make money. They are not giving "the Devil his due" as it were. In my personal opinion, I would rather spend my time searching for an original hard cover version of these books as that is much more gratifying, since you worked for it to own one! A hard cover version of the small softcover Satanic Bible would be nice if you were looking at a display piece but I really prefer the cover of the Softcover over the covers that this company makes, the books just look like "occult" books now, or something you would find in a wiccan library.

Over all, unless the company does something to show some kind of support or at least appreciation to the Church of Satan and Dr. LaVey for having the ability to re-bind these books and make a buck off them, I would not waste my money. I really only want to spend my money on companies or people who have shown their respect to the Organization and the man who made all this possible. I mean, I am not so picky that I would limit my purchases to just members of the Organization but I must have some information that shows me that the company has done its research and worked out a deal with the Church of Satan in order to have their item approved and accepted. I have seen nothing from this company in regards to that. There are proper ways to do things and there are improper ways and sadly, I have not seen anything proper from these people.

My personal opinion would be to save your money and find an original Hard Cover ... but thats just my opinion.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#132933 - 11/18/05 12:28 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Magister Frost]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
I have to agree with this for the same reason that I when I go to a concert, I buy T-shirts inside the venue, not the cheap knockoffs sold by street vendors outside. When I buy my shirts by the licensed merchants, I know that at least some of the proceeds are going to the band that I love, not people that don't give a damn about the music and are just trying to make a cheap sale. I would be interested in the leather-bound edition as sold through the CoS Emporium however. I've seen it there before, I think.

#132934 - 11/18/05 01:55 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: crackergirl]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
That was the Leather Bound Edition of Might is Right. There may be something similar to this soon, I will keep working my magic.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#132935 - 11/18/05 04:10 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: man_mind]
Titania Offline

Quote:

www.abesbooks.com if that is the url, has a hard cover, I think.

It did when I was there last.

That's Abes Books. URL unknown.

Try typing in Anton Lavey's name and looking at Highest Price first. There are a few Hardback copies of The Satanic Bible going if you have between $700 to $1100 to spare!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406046 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements