Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#132936 - 11/19/05 12:21 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Magister Frost]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
Yes! Hail Magister Ventrue! I'll buy one if you sell them! Also, I have some great info to proffer from researching this company's skin harvesting methods, should this become a Satanic issue.

I look forward to your magic, Magister!

Hail Satan!

#132937 - 11/19/05 01:21 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Citizen_HHG]
Darrell Offline

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Quote:

Inverted crosses and pentagrams , it would make it more handsome and genuine to have the CoS Sigil to it.

Yea I agree, those are a little cheesy to say the least. I wonder if we could ask him to place the CoS sigil on there, their is a block called "user submitted".

#132938 - 11/19/05 12:46 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: man_mind]
Darrell Offline

Quote:

www.abesbooks.com if that is the url, has a hard cover, I think.

It did when I was there last.

That's Abes Books. URL unknown.

Yowzer, they want $700 for a hardcover edition. They need to run a few more prints of hardcover, $700 is too rich for my blood.

#132939 - 11/19/05 07:28 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Darrell]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Inverted crosses and pentagrams , it would make it more handsome and genuine to have the CoS Sigil to it.

Yea I agree, those are a little cheesy to say the least. I wonder if we could ask him to place the CoS sigil on there, their is a block called "user submitted".

Why would you say that a pentagram is cheesy?
I do agree, that it would look much better with the CoS Baphomet on it (which contains a pentagram too), but I see nothing wrong with a inverted pentagram.
If you're speaking about the Wiccan pentacle, then that's a different story - I wouldn't want to have that on the cover of my books either, just on principle.

HS!
Undercroft Sign Up

#132940 - 11/19/05 07:30 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Enchantress]
Darrell Offline

I was not referring to the inverted pentagram as cheesy, just how their version looks on the leather cover.

HS!

#132941 - 11/20/05 06:26 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Darrell]
Titania Offline

They actually sold one on E-Bay absolutely ages ago featuring an actual Baphomet glued onto the front of the book surrounded by a plain raised circle. Looked kind of cool, but the starting price was $100 minimum. I think it went for something stupid like $180...

Some people have more money than sense, methinks...

#132942 - 11/24/05 11:10 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Titania]
JackofBlades Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
I think it would certainly be interesting to see a 12 karrot gold cover...Sure it would be very pricey but, very interesting to see. Imagine if CoS manufactured it with the sigil of CoS engraved in the gold. Also, maybe adding in the other books all into one golden book.

#132943 - 11/24/05 11:38 AM Re: Gold Satanic Bible? [Re: JackofBlades]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Quote:

I think it would certainly be interesting to see a 12 karrot gold cover...Sure it would be very pricey but, very interesting to see. Imagine if CoS manufactured it with the sigil of CoS engraved in the gold. Also, maybe adding in the other books all into one golden book.

"Gold has always been associated with white-light religions and the heavenly realm."

This quote from The Satanic Bible would really make it rather silly to cover the book in gold.

Silver would be a more appropriate choice.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#132944 - 11/24/05 01:42 PM Re: Gold Satanic Bible? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

I concur.
Besides, I've always preferred silver to gold.
It's just more pleasing to the eye, in my opinion.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#132945 - 11/24/05 03:17 PM Re: Gold Satanic Bible? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

I concur.
Besides, I've always preferred silver to gold.
It's just more pleasing to the eye, in my opinion.

I agree completely - I would like to see a book, including all of Dr. LaVey's work, made into one book and with a silver engraved CoS logo.

Or...how about one similar to the German edition that is currently featured on the Emporium, only with a brushed steel cover? It's a very handsome volume! Too bad that it's only available in German currently.
Undercroft Sign Up

#132946 - 11/24/05 03:31 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Mordicon]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

How about getting a handsome leather bound journal and writing out TSB in longhand? Could be an interesting ritual exercise, if somewhat time consuming. But it may be worthwhile.

#132947 - 11/24/05 03:40 PM Re: Gold Satanic Bible? [Re: Enchantress]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Or...how about one similar to the German edition that is currently featured on the Emporium, only with a brushed steel cover?

That's a fantastic idea!
Brushed steel would look incredible, yet keep the cost minimal in comparison with actual silver.

I like your style, Enchantress!

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#132948 - 11/24/05 09:01 PM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Mordicon]
Shoeman Offline

All fine and well really, but I think its a waste.

I kind of like the fabled Cultofone's method. While actively seeking out an original hardcover Satanic Bible, he bought a hardcover book that was completely blank and transcibed the Satanic Bible into it.

Aside from giving you that hardcover you wanted (along with whatever designs you want on the cover and the prop for Ritual if you prefer it) it gives you a further intimacy that comes with writing.

Though I haven't done myself, I just know the intimacy of which writing something brings. The closeness of one's written word.

But whatever floats your boat.
May the Night be long and fruitful The Day Long in Coming May the Moon shine down Forever On the Wolves together Hunting Shemhamforash! Hail Satan! "Have you ever danced with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight?"

#132949 - 11/25/05 12:13 AM Re: Gold Satanic Bible? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

That's a fantastic idea!
Brushed steel would look incredible, yet keep the cost minimal in comparison with actual silver.

I like your style, Enchantress!

Why, thank you Virile_Heretic!

Brushed steel, in addition to being aesthetically pleasing, would also stimulate the sense of touch - feeling cold, (not sure if it could be heated much though, to feel warmth...wouldn't want to damage the pages inside).

It would also provide a look of pure strength and power, and a heavier weight when held.
Also, any candle wax that might get on it could be easily removed.

HS!
Undercroft Sign Up

#132950 - 11/25/05 12:16 AM Re: leather bound satanic bibles [Re: Shoeman]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

I kind of like the fabled Cultofone's method. While actively seeking out an original hardcover Satanic Bible, he bought a hardcover book that was completely blank and transcibed the Satanic Bible into it.

I've seen his site too...interesting.
From what I remember, he said he spent months artificially aging the pages.
Undercroft Sign Up

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12155 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405733 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements