Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#134278 - 11/26/05 02:31 PM A few annoying questions...
Annos_Satanas Offline

Loc: Minnesota
After speaking with my 22 year old, Christ-worshipping cousin, I've encountered a few questions that I can't seem to answer in a Satanic sense, since I've never encountered them or even had any interest in thinking about them.
I was just wondering if someone could show me a Satanic viewpoint on these blatant inquiries. To school my cousin in his beliefs and to show him that his religion is all about hypocracy and fear is my ultimate goal, but I know I cannot do it alone.

#1. Where has everything come from? (I know it's probably the most stupid weapon Christianity has, but it's still a thorn in the side to answer when not confronted with "God" or "Bible".)

#2. He had brought up the topic of crusaders sometime during the debate. I had asked him that in his Ten Commandments, it says not to kill. I asked him what justified a bunch of crusaders to kill people. He said there's a difference between killing and murder. I don't think so. Am I right? They both end in death.

#3. When trying to use scientific facts, he constantly says that "Stop talking in religion, science is religion". Now, I know that Scientology is religion, but that doesn't make every scientist, and science believer a Scientologist. There has to be some proof, scientific or otherwise, that the human race did not start out with a civilized man and woman in some stupid garden. Anyone know where I can get a hold of it? Unfortunately my cousin has employed the History Channel on his side, since they hold Jesus and God within their texts.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. He's just one of those fanatics you want to beat the shit out of, but I would rather do it intellectually than physically.

#134279 - 11/26/05 02:42 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Debating with Christians is always an exercise in futility. The way they think automatically predisposes them towards irrationality over reason.

As for the Crusades, God told the Pope that it was OK to kill Muslims.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#134280 - 11/26/05 02:45 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
1) I don't know and I don't care. Why should I? It doesn't concern me at all. I only bother with science when it has something to offer me. Look at books of theoretical physics, they're probably closest to a rational explanation.

2) He's right. In the Hebrew, it clearly says "murder", not "kill". Many bibles carry this mistranslation, ie, "Do not kill". The difference between killing and murder is that murder is done for one's own ends, personal gain, etc, wheras killing may be done according to god's will / for the greater good / for the person's own good. Murder is illegal everywhere, as far as I know. Killing, there is much argument for and against. Consulting a good dictionary might be a good start for understanding the semantic difference.

3) Logically there can be no such proof. Nothing is ever 100% certain, unless it is an a priori universal truth (eg, all batchelors are unmarried men).

Probably not the answers for which you were hoping, but never mind.

#134281 - 11/26/05 02:50 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Linguascelesta]
Annos_Satanas Offline

Loc: Minnesota
It's good enough, Lingua, because I said exactly the same thing to him about #1. He came back to me with "Well, if you don't care, then why should you be living? If you don't care where the air has come from, why breathe it?"

I told him because I can, because I have the right to live. He replied with "Right from whom?" I replied with myself. I told him that I have my own rights to everything ~ Nobody can take anything away from me that I have been born with. And the only thing he came up with was "That's the most dumbest thing I've ever heard." And started laughing. A VERY annoying experience. He says that he's not trying to covert me or talk me into anything, but when I say I don't care about something, he says that I'm "trying to tell him that his opinion doesn't matter." Can you believe this crap?

#134282 - 11/26/05 03:01 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

I can believe this crap. From what you say above, you've given perfectly reasonable answers to questions, and, like any true christian, your cousin is blinded to reason. There's meaning in the term "blind faith", you know. I would agree with Magister Rose, and suggest that you stop wasting your time trying; there's nothing to be gained from it. Just pity them in their own stupid little closed world, and be glad that you yourself are free of it.

Quote:

when I say I don't care about something, he says that I'm "trying to tell him that his opinion doesn't matter."

Point out that it's not telling him that his opinion doesn't matter. It's just telling him that his opinion doesn't matter to you.

But conversely, as a caveat... Don't expect your opinion, however valid and actually rational unlike his, to matter to him. As a christian he'll probably take an interest in it, and no matter what he says, it's his religious duty to try to convert you. So, as long as you remember that you are an intelligent Satanist and he is a herdling who doesn't get it, you'll be fine. It'll probably make for shorter discussions with him which will probably be beneficial to both of you.

#134283 - 11/26/05 03:14 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

I told him because I can, because I have the right to live. He replied with "Right from whom?" I replied with myself. I told him that I have my own rights to everything ~ Nobody can take anything away from me that I have been born with.[...]

I know I have the right to live because I am alive. Why would I be living if I had no right to live?

Maybe he should try to answer that.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#134284 - 11/26/05 03:18 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Just think that there are worse people than your cousin, who will try to find the little detail behind details, just don't feed them... So yeah, cousin or not, just have no mercy on stupidity, and you should stop speaking with him about this.

Lambs don't understand the "Holy bible", lambs don't understand the "Satanic Bible", but will prefer the holy bible because it proposes them to be under a God.

#134285 - 11/26/05 03:27 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
Personally, I only debate with christians for entertainment when "in the mood". But don't think you can actually change them to think in a rational manner.

#134286 - 11/26/05 03:29 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

#1. Where has everything come from?

This is a valid question. One that should keep any truly inquisitive mind wondering in the night. Most who claim to know the answer, however, would wish they didn't know if they ever were to truly know (even if it were the same answer they offer!)

Quote:

#2. He had brought up the topic of crusaders sometime during the debate.

Irrelevant, essentially.

Quote:

#3. When trying to use scientific facts, he constantly says that "Stop talking in religion, science is religion". Now, I know that Scientology is religion, but that doesn't make every scientist, and science believer a Scientologist.

Do you know what "Scientology" is (and isn't)? You're talking apples and oranges here.

Quote:

He's just one of those fanatics you want to beat the shit out of, but I would rather do it intellectually than physically.

When you think about it, it doesn't make sense to get mad at someone for being what they are (and choose to continue being). Save your time and energy for where it's worth it.

#134287 - 11/26/05 03:36 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
1. There are many scientific explanations of the creation of the universe, and even some spititual ones that beat all Hell out of seven days 4000+ years. "Study,not worship."

2. There is certainly a difference between killing and murder, but doing it for God is murder. Killing people to save their souls is a catch-22 of epic proportions.

3. Science is not religion and anyone who says it is is too stupid to fully understand either. Stop trying to "teach a pig to sing." The guys is obviously a moron. Teaching Koko to sign is not a Satanic ambition.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#134288 - 11/26/05 03:48 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Below, LinguaScelesta wrote:

Quote:

Point out that it's not telling him that his opinion doesn't matter. It's just telling him that his opinion doesn't matter to you.

Almost right.

The correct statement: The Christian shit-disturber's opinion does not matter. Period.

Annos_Satannas, Satanists know their limitations. Your questions make it clear that you are ill-equipped to debate your cousin. Leave him alone.

Go have sex or eat good food. Indulge in whatever makes you happy. Wasting time on an ingrate is stupid.

Stupidity is a Satanic sin.

Go, sir, and sin no more.

DarkWater

#134289 - 11/26/05 03:56 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: DarkWater]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Annos_Satannas, Satanists know their limitations.

A Satanist may know when they are out of their league (and not make a fool of themselves), which I think is what you are saying here, but as far as coming to an end of one's self ultimately, I know I have far to go before I get to that end...if there is one .

#134290 - 11/26/05 04:00 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: DarkWater]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Your statement is correct, DarkWater, but there was nothing wrong with mine. Annos_Satanas was indeed not telling his cousin that said cousin's opinions didn't matter, and was indeed telling him that they didn't matter to him. I think your statement more usefully to the point, and my statement more usefully diplomatic Both true though.

#134291 - 11/26/05 04:40 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
1) Pre-biotic Chemistry: the basic components of life (ribosomal peptide)have been made by simply giving mud an electric shock and leaving it over night. This has been tested in labs many times, and infact has been done for my chemistry class (in a Catholic Highschool).

2) It also says in his Bible by their Jesus to love thy enemy, do no harm to those who do not believe, but to pray for them. What the crusades did was against their own religious beliefs. it Doesn't matter what the Hebrew Bible says Christians are to follow their Christ's words. The new testiment was origionaly written in a form of Greek never in Hebrew, FYI.

3)There is actually no "fact" in science they don't go together. There is only theories. A theory can be tested, if the test fails to disrpove said theory repeatedly, it is said to be a reliable theory. However, if said theory has been tested and came out liable a thousands times, just one test that proves it wrong will conclude it as false. Many theories from religiouse people have been disproven time and time again through tests on them and on other theories. For example, the chemical reaction in the mud creating protien free RNA, which theory says turned into mycoplasma (similar to a virus but has no membrane) and evolved further. Singlecell organism evolution and selective breeding, are proof towards evolution theory.

You can arguw with this guy all you want, hs mind is made up and there is no way you can convince the guy.

Edited by tovasshi (11/26/05 04:49 PM)

#134292 - 11/26/05 04:49 PM Re: A few annoying questions... [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Mr. Saturday Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: USA
Why waste vital energy debating someone when there is no chance of pleasant conversation, let alone any resolution?

It's a common fact that you can't change the mind of someone who's mind is already made up.

Merely tell them you don't wish to debate the topic. They'll most likely try to goad you into a defensive stance by saying that you're incapable of answering. Either way, chuckle silently to yourself and walk way knowing that you have the upper hand over buffoons like this.

Mr. Saturday
Media Contact/Warlock - Church of Satan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12092 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405451 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements