Topic Options
#135013 - 12/01/05 05:55 PM No excuses.
WrathfulDorje Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN 37210
Hello. I've just gotten done reading some of the topics, especially from the Magisters. I really enjoyed the essays found there. I used to use "satanism" (lower case "s") as an excuse to over-indulge in "taboos". This allowed me to continue the religious idea of scapegoating with the excuse of saying "Well I did this or that because it is allowed by my "satanic" religion." And it's sad to know that many who get introduced into real Satanism confuse it, like I did, with irresponible "satanism". I guess I must take responibility for my ignorance and yes, stupidity. Already I was going against the Satanic philosophy. Stupidity! It's easy to fall into stupidity at a young age in order to discover the Satanic lifestyle. Drugs, sex, booze, and violence are easy to take advantage of. But any nimrod can do these. It happens everyday and it makes me laugh when so-called "liberated" Satanist get hooked on these and end up killing themselves. But don't get me wrong I don't judge, cause it almost happened to me! I can laugh at myself now for those times.
Anyways to be a Satanist and use it as an excuse to act like a dickhead seems to be quite hypocritical and "un-Satanic". Well 13 years later I'm where I want and need to be. I'm in control now. I don't need to prove my how "Satanic" I am. And if I do indulge in these behaviors at least I'm aware of it and have fun. So today I try to examine myself and let go of any excuses. If I decide to by dick and get myself killed or have people laugh at me, it's my fault not Satanism, nor anyone else.

WrathfulDorje

#135014 - 12/01/05 06:35 PM Re: No excuses. [Re: WrathfulDorje]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

It happens everyday and it makes me laugh when so-called "liberated" Satanist get hooked on these and end up killing themselves.

Laughter is one response, though I prefer to turn my back and carry on as if they did not exist. There are so many beautiful things to observe and ponder. I refuse to waste time on the ugly and pathetic.

Quote:

But don't get me wrong I don't judge, cause it almost happened to me!

Don’t get me wrong, I judge. I judge everybody regardless of the place, regardless of the time. Only “good guys” pretend to not be judgmental. Not that I am a “bad guy”. I am a Satanist. I acknowledge that people are not equal. Some are better than me. Most are not. But I judge them all. Had your compulsions driven you into the gutter and I chanced to notice you, I would have judged you. You did well not to end up there. And for saving yourself, I judge you now.

Welcome to LttD.

DarkWater

#135015 - 12/01/05 07:02 PM Re: No excuses. [Re: DarkWater]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
This is true. Being judgemental can save your ass more often than not.

#135016 - 12/01/05 10:41 PM Sorry... [Re: WrathfulDorje]
WrathfulDorje Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN 37210
I should have posted this topic in the essays, but was to ignorant to check out all the forums.

#135017 - 12/03/05 05:23 AM Re: No excuses. [Re: WrathfulDorje]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
I can totally identify with what you are saying, I spent the latter part of my teens and some of my twenties believing I was being 'satanic' by being a dickhead, spending as much time out of it on drink and drugs as possible, and being an obnoxious hypocritical moron to anyone who was unfortunate enough to end up in my company (especially when I was Wasted).

How grateful I am to have grown up and realised what Satanism really is, and that I can look back at my past stupidity, not with rose tinted glasses, but with a sense of humour, and the realisation that I didn't have a clue!

HAIL SATAN!

#135018 - 12/03/05 02:51 PM Re: No excuses. [Re: WrathfulDorje]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

First of all, it's good you learned your lesson, and that is a very valuable lesson to learn.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Using religion as an excuse to do something seems very Christian to me. Many Christians use the “God won’t let anything happen to me if I pray often and have faith in him” excuse for doing stupid and irresponsible things, and then they blame someone or something else when shit happens to them. I’ve seen this several times.

As a Satanist, I do not make excuses for my behavior. When I was seventeen years old, I came to realize that everything that happens in my life is either a result or a consequence of my own actions. Every success is my own credit to myself, and every failure is my own fault.

To view Satanism as an “excuse” for anything, whether good or bad is, in my opinion, a very negative way to view Satanism.

Satanism is not just some “excuse”; it is a gift to those of us who are living for the right reasons, and it is the root of opportunity and personal advancement.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#135019 - 12/06/05 03:10 AM Re: No excuses. [Re: WrathfulDorje]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
But don't get me wrong I don't judge, cause it almost happened to me!

One of the reasons that Satanists are feared in our culture is that we do judge others and their actions in a society that is unwilling to do so.

Satanism advocates that the individual is responsible for the choices he or she makes. Just because "it" did happen to you (in this case, over-indulgence), that doesn't make it any less stupid, and as a thinking person, you can judge it to be stupidity all the same. The catch is, of course, you must admit you were being stupid at the time.

No Satanist is devoid of flaws and mistakes. However, we admit them and learn from them, everytime.

Welcome to the board.

#135020 - 12/06/05 02:17 PM Re: No excuses. [Re: Barb]
Mead_Honeywine Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:

When I was seventeen years old, I came to realize that everything that happens in my life is either a result or a consequence of my own actions. Every success is my own credit to myself, and every failure is my own fault.

Everything is a strong word. Even if you were to build a big submarine and disassociate yourself from the civilized world completely, one of your crew mates might suddenly "find God" and mess things up for you. (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea reference - I've been rereading Verne)

That said, I like your attitude. It forces you to look for something you can do in even the most seemingly hopeless situations.

#135021 - 12/07/05 02:09 AM Re: No excuses. [Re: crackergirl]
Atheon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Judging and being judgemental aren't the same, are they?

Atheon Naturali

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43637 Topics
404147 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements