Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#135110 - 12/02/05 08:21 AM Vampyre Vodka
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
I found this online and thought some people would be interested. I know I will be picking up a bottle!

Vampyre Vodka

#135111 - 12/02/05 09:29 AM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: BlasphemousOne]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
"Beware of those who drink the red, they are not what they appear to be..."

So it goes when people drink enough vodka, of any brand.

Is this just vodka with red coloring added, or what? I see that the same company makes wine.

Anyway, I'm sure their domain name alone makes them the envy of so many goths. Funny that they sell a bunch of vampire movies on the site. Not to mention their own cola and energy drink.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#135112 - 12/02/05 09:38 AM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: Bill_M]
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Is this just vodka with red coloring added, or what?

Not sure Bill_M. I tried researching and all I found was a story about "triple distilling".

I am curious as to how it tastes, as well as their cola and energy drink.

I do like the Vampire chick though.

#135113 - 12/02/05 11:47 AM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: BlasphemousOne]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Food Coloring in vodka? Some companies will sell anything to make a buck.

Now Sam and Sally Average can feel edgy by drinking the elixer of alcoholic Vampires!

I like something a little more on the additive free side:

http://www.casillerodeldiablo.com/

It isn't triple distilled but it is red, and without food coloring.

#135114 - 12/02/05 12:17 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: RandomStranger]
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

Thanks for the link. I will have to sample some of this as well.

I am not sure if there is actual food coloring in the vodka, but it wouldn't surprise me and is a logical explanation.

I just think the Vampyre Vodka is interesting in a "souvenir" sort of way.

#135115 - 12/02/05 12:55 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: BlasphemousOne]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
I've heard a lot about Jagermeister having deer blood in it. I don't know about this vodka, but I'll drink the hell out of some Jager. I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not it's true that they add deer blood to it. Someone told me that they put the deer blood in because this liquor was originally made for German hunters (which is why they used the name Jagermeister), and they put the deer blood in because it gives them the spirit of a deer or some crap. I don't know. I think I'll cruise over and find the Jager site. Maybe they'll have the truth there. I also would like to note that Jagermeister bottles have a cute little cross on them between the deer's antlers on the logo. This vodka thing looks like just a flashy little way to market to vampyre wannabes, which is fine (I support capitalism), because the packaging doesn't matter to me in this sense. What matters is whether or not the liquor is worth a damn. I suppose there are plenty of non-Christians that would refuse to drink Jager because it has a cross on it, but since that cross doesn't mean anything to me, I drink as much as I want. I wonder about the taste of this vodka, not so much about what it looks like. Will it go well in my Harvey Wallbanger? (The color change might be interesting on that one, but the true test is in the taste).

#135116 - 12/02/05 12:59 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: BlasphemousOne]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I am not sure if there is actual food coloring in the
>>vodka,

The fact they make wine made me wonder if somewhere somehow, there are grapes invovled in the process. Who knows. My girlfriend said she's tried their merlot before (she got a bottle as a gift) and liked it a lot.

I'm not a vodka man myself, but I do like trying strange sodas. There's a Latino market around the corner from where I live, and they have a variety of imports like "Inca Cola".

>>I just think the Vampyre Vodka is interesting in
>>a "souvenir" sort of way.

Yeah, it strikes me as a novelty item when you get right down to it. I don't see anything wrong with buying novelty items though, so long as they're recognized for what they are. I find that they make good gifts too. A few months ago I included a pack of "Narcissist Chewing Gum" with a fellow Satanist's birthday gifts.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#135117 - 12/02/05 01:03 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: Bill_M]
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

The package must have gotten lost, Bill_M. I never received it.

Just kidding.

#135118 - 12/02/05 01:39 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: Bill_M]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

"Yeah, it strikes me as a novelty item when you get right down to it."

The kitsch value on this vodka is pretty good.

I leave either a bottle of Big Daddy Ale or Arrogant Bastard Ale on the front porch of my Ex's when I visit "the old neighborhood". I can think of one who'd appreciate the Vampire Vodka but I don't feel like getting into any sort of trouble.

I used to buy things just because they seemed strange and unusual to me or had a rather high kitsch value.

It was fun to have things around that would surprise my guests and that I didn't mind sending home with them if they were really interested in it.

#135119 - 12/02/05 02:05 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: RandomStranger]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Ah, I like that wine quite a lot! Its a very reasonably priced Chilean; naturally the name caught my attention, but its one of my favorites not for the name but because it is a superior wine for its price.

Its pretty common to find too, any liquor store with a decent wine selection will have it.

#135120 - 12/02/05 03:44 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: Bill_M]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

The fact they make wine made me wonder if somewhere somehow, there are grapes invovled in the process. Who knows. My girlfriend said she's tried their merlot before (she got a bottle as a gift) and liked it a lot.

I drank a couple of glasses of their Merlot on Halloween night, I enjoyed it a lot (and it went so well with my vampress costume!) Never had their Vodka but the wine is definitely good.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#135121 - 12/02/05 04:28 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: crackergirl]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

#135122 - 12/02/05 08:23 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: BlasphemousOne]
Achilles Offline

Interesting...

#135123 - 12/02/05 10:24 PM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: BlasphemousOne]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
I like Vodka (red wine gives me an instant Migraine headache), and I'd love to try this one out - as long as it's not food colouring but some sort of juice. Cranberry juice would go well with it.
Funny...they're from England but don't appear to supply Canada!
Undercroft Sign Up

#135124 - 12/03/05 08:47 AM Re: Vampyre Vodka [Re: BlasphemousOne]
Euphoria Offline

Loc: 1/4 mile and 9 seconds away!
Like many marketing gimicks, I fear that this may be nothing more than an average vodka in a cool bottle!
Go to almost any good home brew supplies shop and you'll find blank wine bottle labels to design your own on your PC and print out! So you can go and buy a decent brand of vodka, produce your own even cooler labels, and voila! Cool looking, fine tasting wine/vodka/absinthe/blood/cola or mix of all of the above!
And with the festive season apon us, an ideal gift for that tricky uncle or aunt, who you can never decide what to get!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43984 Topics
406069 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements