Topic Options
#136628 - 12/17/05 11:41 AM The Satanic Mass
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
The Satanic Mass - Picture Disc

"Before heavy metal, before death metal, before black, Satanic gothic metal music, there was The Satanic Mass."

Many of us will not own the original 1968 recording of High Priest Anton LaVey performing The Black Mass live from within the walls of The Black House in San Francisco. This limited edition 12" is an invaluable possession - re-issued on vinyl for the first time since 1968, amd with added liner notes, the disc is presented with a rendition of the scowling countenance of Magus LaVey (and snake) on side A whilst the B-Side depicts The Sigil Of Baphomet - actually framed or mounted in some fashion it occured to me that this would also make a splendid Baphomet for above an altar.

I don't think I need delve into the rudiments of The Mass itself but it is worth mentioning that playing this in your home or ritual chamber provides a pretty emotive experience. Hearing Dr. LaVey's voice resonating as it does is pretty enjoyable.

Of course, many people may own the CD but for collectors of vinyl such as myself this is a Devil - send!

And with only 999 copies available in the whole wide world one calls to mind the magical power rare objects possess!

I noted also that this is manufactured on what I think is 160 Gramm. The proper thick cut vinyl - how the quality used to be in records and not the flimsy things that came along in the eighties when they were encouraging everyone to buy the new fan dangled medium - the dastardly CD!

Ole UV's judgement is thus - this is something that's really worth owning and the rarity alone adds to its magical value.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#136629 - 10/22/06 08:11 AM Re: The Satanic Mass *DELETED* [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Post deleted by Evil_Eve

Edited by Magister_Ventrue (10/23/06 09:55 AM)

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#136630 - 10/23/06 10:39 AM Re: The Satanic Mass [Re: Evil_Eve]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Totally agree here!

I have the CD and the Vinyl and i have to say both are of extrodinary quality!

I play the Vinyl off my Dj Equipment and i have to say, the Vinyl's sound quality out of my Studio Monitors is sensational as as for the CD.

It's almost as if the good Doktor is in the room with you

Definitely recommenf the Vinyl to everyone!
HS!!!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#136631 - 03/30/07 04:15 AM Re: The Satanic Mass [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Skarl_et Offline

Loc: Darkness
The Satanic Mass of La Vey it's nice for the circumstance.
The atmosphere it's real intense mystery, and create strong sentiment.

#290779 - 12/15/07 01:08 AM Re: The Satanic Mass [Re: Skarl_et]
Rellik Offline

I recently found Satanis (the DVD done on the Satanic Mass)I considered that a very rare find (probably not though since I found it at Borders and they often have unusual productions like that) but your finding the Vinyl Version of the Satanic Mass is a rarity indeed enjoy it myself I will stick to the CD version, if I find it

#291392 - 12/17/07 06:08 PM Re: The Satanic Mass [Re: Rellik]
Taubmann Offline

Loc: Basque Country
The quality of Reptilian Records releases is pretty good, I own the Negative Approach double lp and it´s a great product.

Kierkegaard

#301148 - 01/24/08 02:55 PM Re: The Satanic Mass [Re: Taubmann]
Dammarval Offline
Praise Allah

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I have The Satanic Mass" CD. After listening to the last Track #8 I believe, there was a rather long pause, and then a few seconds of LaVey's voice came on that sounds like this, "A-la-la", and then it is finished.

Does anyone heard the same thing?

#302241 - 01/29/08 03:02 PM Re: The Satanic Mass [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Dammarval Offline
Praise Allah

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for sharing with me...I've been playing the Satanic Mass CD in my car, and I love the music too...

My "Satanis" DVD came, and I watched it lastnight. Watched only the first part. It was very entertaining to see Anton himself surrounded by early CoS members, laughing away and having fun among themselves...It seemed to me like they were having a good hearty time! I find the part about the woman who said she taught her son how to..."beat the meat" so to speak, to get rid of his pimples! That was a very cute one and everyone in that room laughed, including LaVey!

Does anyone know what happened to Togare's offsprings???

Moderator:  Quaark 

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404447 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements