Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#137147 - 12/21/05 01:44 PM Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners
Lord Xolothi Offline

Loc: Italia
Greetings
The text The Satanic Rituals of Lavey containing rituals wich can be performed only in group.
Someone have performed or believe possible undertake this rituals in hermetic(solo)form?
If yes i accept suggestions.
Tank You.
Sinister Regards
VeV

#137148 - 12/21/05 02:10 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Serpens Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Western New York
In order to perform rituals without a group, you need to purchase the secret CoS decoder ring.

#137149 - 12/21/05 02:23 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Your English is understandable, but not fanastic. Have you an Italian copy of The Satanic Bible? Or have you been struggling to understand an English copy?

If you have an Italian copy you have no excuse for asking the above question Assuming it is an adequate translation. I do not expect for a moment, however, that the CoS would have hired shoddy translators.

If you have only an English copy, that may be another matter.

#137150 - 12/21/05 02:48 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Linguascelesta]
Lord Xolothi Offline

You are in wrong Sir.
The question are about the rituals like containings in "The Satanic Rituals"and not related to The Satanic Bible.
I'm have performed for many years the rituals like given in "The Satanic Bible",but i'm want know the opinions of others Satanists about their approach toward the Rituals of "The Satanic Rituals".
However i'm have translated "The Satanic Bible" in italian for personal use many years ago and use it.
I'm have all the books of LaVey included The Satanic Rituals but only in english language.
Here in Italy (except for The Satanic Witch) don't exist translation of LaVey books.
Sorry for my bad english
VeV

#137151 - 12/21/05 02:49 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Serpens]
Simple_Pleasure Offline

Loc: USA - Buter, Pa
Oh yes of course, but first you have to send in 25 box tabs from count chocula.

#137152 - 12/21/05 03:09 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Aha.

So, really you're actually asking about Ceremonies? Confusingly, "The Satanic Rituals" is a book about Ceremonies, not Rituals, unless I am misunderstanding something myself. LaVey talks about the differences between a Ritual and a Ceremony.

If so, I can't answer your main question, as I have never concerned myself with Satanic Ceremonies.

If any of the above is unclear to you, we can continue this conversation in Italian if you like (but contact me for that, as it would of course be rude to post whole posts here in languages besides the board's official language).

#137153 - 12/21/05 03:20 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners(reply to Linguaceleste) [Re: Linguascelesta]
Lord Xolothi Offline

For Linguaceleste:
Tank you for your reply.
You know the Italian?It's wonderful.
However you said about the differences between Rituals and ceremonies,right;but then why the book in matter are called "The Satanic Rituals" and not "The Satanic Ceremonies"?
Sinister regards.

"Meglio morire in piedi che vivere in ginocchio"

#137154 - 12/21/05 03:54 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners(reply to Linguaceleste) [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

You change the meaning of my name a lot if you spell it the way you just did above, btw. It is true that I do have a "Heavenly tongue" as well as a "Wicked tongue", however.

The chapter "About the Rituals" should explain better than I can the answer to your above question.

E s, il italiano uno delle molte lingue che ho studiato

#137155 - 12/21/05 04:07 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Serpens]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
"you need to purchase the secret CoS decoder ring."

Damnit! Now everyone is going to want one.

#137156 - 12/21/05 05:50 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Serpens]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Quote:

In order to perform rituals without a group, you need to purchase the secret CoS decoder ring.

Pathetic.

The gentleman asked a perfectly reasonable question without pretence or insult.

If you cannot answer him I think it is extremely rude and reflects badly on you to make silly comments.

To the original poster:

The ceremonies in The Satanic Rituals are performed as Psychodrama. Rather like a stage play.

They are mostly performed for enjoyment - though in the case of, for instance, the Black Mass it could be performed as a method of shedding the bondage of Christianity for those that feel it helps to make a solid decleration that they have done so - hence calling it psycho drama.

I am sure you know this, but I am just trying to be clear before I come to my point.

Ritual is more personal and many Satanists prefer to conduct them in private.

However, it is also highly advisable to create your own rituals using the Satanic Bible as a guidline to making them more "your own" and meaningful to you.

Although the ceremonies in The Satanic Rituals are made for groups I personally do not see any reason why there would be any problem in adapting them in a manner that you could work alone if you really wish to do so.

Especially taking into consideration that one could even use "artificial human companions" (see 5 point pentagonal revisionism on the CoS site if you are unfamiliar with the term).

Personally, Sir, I am very private with rituals myself and not at all interested in group ritual so this is an aspect that only occured to me after reading your post, so thank you.

I know English is not your first language and may be harder for you but I hope I have offered something of help to you.

< Here is a spider for you.

Edited by UVRAY (12/21/05 05:54 PM)

#137157 - 12/21/05 07:37 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Good form, Sir.

#137158 - 12/21/05 08:20 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Simple_Pleasure]
DevilJosh Offline

Loc: Michigan
You guys are too funny.

#137159 - 12/21/05 09:32 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Although the ceremonies in The Satanic Rituals are made for groups I personally do not see any reason why there would be any problem in adapting them in a manner that you could work alone if you really wish to do so.

Absolutely. I have done this myself with great satisfaction and results.

#137160 - 12/22/05 08:46 AM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
Lonely practitiones is a term Neopagans use. They are obsessed with magic. Satanism has never been so esoteric. It is about real life achievment through many means. Magic is used as a tool to achieve things in this world and not something to dwelve upon that much. Other "magickal traditions" only talk about magical adeptness and things like that. This is out of line, magic is a tool and nothing more, yet they worship this tool.

Anyway, group rituals are not necessary but sometimes the group situation helps. It is stated in TSB and it is that simple.

Balance.

#137161 - 12/22/05 06:27 PM Re: Satanic Rituals for lone practitioners [Re: Rattlesnake]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
I like affirmed terrorists, especially from where was it? Numivnstan? or some crap like that. Anyway, I'm open to hear various viewpoints about what a Pagan is as opposed to a "Neo-Pagan". Now you have my attention with "Wiccan" for that is absolutely the tree hugging, shrub diving variety, however, I use the term Pagan occasionally for the more covert times of the year...namely other than Halloween and Walpurgisnacht. Pagan covers a wide spectrum, but in the raw basically it extols individuals who step outside the bullshit morality ploys that have been established by the current societal norm. "PC" etc, ad nauseaum, as for your Mosvad's or whatever your name is Mr. Satanic bin laden, get over the ego issue and invest in a some beard clippers, they're so "9-11".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12025 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405260 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements