Topic Options
#137341 - 12/23/05 04:59 AM Magic and You.
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Okay.

I'm writing this as a sort of "heads up" for newcomers. I'm feeling generous this Krishnas.

So you've just pick up your Satanic bible off the bottom rack at your local Barnes and Noble, brushed the dust off, read it a couple times, and want to put some of this wonderful stuff to work for you.

First. Please, don't come here asking questions on how it works, why it works, "can I do this alone?", "do I really need to have this, this, and that?". All that was already explained in The Satanic Bible. Some amount of reading comprehension is required to get magic to work for you.

One thing you WON'T find here is a free handout, or a spoon feeding on the subject. We, and I am using that term loosely, aren't looking to hang around and converse with people that are just going to take, and not contribute. Some feel generous at times, and will throw a bone or two to the dogs. It is more likely that you will get your thread locked, your head bitten off, or mocked in a most amusing fashion by the denizens of this forum than to get any "occult secrets" out of any of the Citizens here. That stuff is discussed "downstairs", a whole forum dedicated to it in fact, and all it requires is that you put your money where your mouth is and give a token of your respect to the Empire. If you can't magic enough money for membership into your pocket, then you got bigger things to worry about than whether you got the right color for your chalice to put on your altar.

Go to your shelf, grab your grubby tattered little Satanic Bible. If it's not grubby, tattered, over-read, dogeared, and rather maimed looking, you haven't read it nearly enough. Everything you need is there. That's it. The Satanic Bible is a stand-alone book on magic that WORKS, really works. But it won't work for you, if YOU don't work it for you.

If it doesn't seem like you can do whatever you want alone, either don't do it, or improvise. Yes I know that is hard to grasp for some people. It's just exactly like when you would play at imaginary games as a child. Put yourself into THAT frame of mind, and you have most of the formula. It is perfectly acceptable to make up your own material, your own dogma, your own ritual. After all, if you ARE a God, then you can make any rules that you want!

Many would advise the less-than perfect personalised ritual. Some have no desire to ritualise at all. To each his own.

My personal thought on the matter is this:

It is better to have twenty imperfect rituals, than to sit on my ass and do no rituals at all.

Do not confuse RITUAL and CEREMONY. They are distinctly different. The reasons are already explained.

Ritualise until you gain skill with it, just like anything else in life.

There are no practice rituals.

Do.

Or do not.

That is all.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#137342 - 12/25/05 09:31 AM Re: Magic and You. [Re: Felstorm]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Despite the generosity in this being posted (Krishnas, indeed!), there is one little thing I would add...

Those who ask how to perform a ritual are never experienced enough to hear an intelligent answer, let alone put good advice into practice. Therefore, it often isn't necessarily the case that people don't want to tell you anything.

It's because they're experienced enough to know the newcomer won't grasp the information they're spending time typing out.

The best of luck with your ritual practice, though, the talented will not need it...

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#137343 - 12/25/05 01:51 PM Re: Magic and You. [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:

The best of luck with your ritual practice, though, the talented will not need it...

Are you saying that some may simply "get it"?

#137344 - 12/25/05 02:48 PM Re: Magic and You. [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

But isn't it exciting ? When one "opens this door" for the first time, ignore what he will discover by knowing what he could get, and walk in this dark world without a light ?

Something I will always love !

#137345 - 12/25/05 04:26 PM Re: Magic and You. [Re: Mr_Atrox]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Heh, not quite.

I'm merely asserting that talented people don't rely on luck; they rely on sensitivity, ability and guile - like the Satanists they aspire to be!

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#137346 - 12/25/05 05:25 PM Re: Magic and You. [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:

- like the Satanists they aspire to be!

Or already are.

#137347 - 12/26/05 08:37 AM Re: Magic and You. [Re: Felstorm]
Prometheus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Thank you for addressing this issue, Felstorm. It will hopefully spare us a lot of useless & annoying posts from newbies.
TSB is truly a perfect D.I.Y. compendium which enables any outstanding individual to work his or her personal magic. Nobody else can do the job of finding out what works for you better than you yourself.

HAIL SATAN!

Prometheus

#137348 - 12/27/05 04:42 PM Re: Magic and You. [Re: Mr_Atrox]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Practice makes perfect, dear friend; practice makes perfect.

#137349 - 12/27/05 05:55 PM Re: Magic and You. [Re: Felstorm]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
Quote:

Okay.

I'm writing this as a sort of "heads up" for newcomers. I'm feeling generous this Krishnas.

So you've just pick up your Satanic bible off the bottom rack at your local Barnes and Noble, brushed the dust off, read it a couple times, and want to put some of this wonderful stuff to work for you.

First. Please, don't come here asking questions on how it works, why it works, "can I do this alone?", "do I really need to have this, this, and that?". All that was already explained in The Satanic Bible. Some amount of reading comprehension is required to get magic to work for you.

One thing you WON'T find here is a free handout, or a spoon feeding on the subject. We, and I am using that term loosely, aren't looking to hang around and converse with people that are just going to take, and not contribute. Some feel generous at times, and will throw a bone or two to the dogs. It is more likely that you will get your thread locked, your head bitten off, or mocked in a most amusing fashion by the denizens of this forum than to get any "occult secrets" out of any of the Citizens here. That stuff is discussed "downstairs", a whole forum dedicated to it in fact, and all it requires is that you put your money where your mouth is and give a token of your respect to the Empire. If you can't magic enough money for membership into your pocket, then you got bigger things to worry about than whether you got the right color for your chalice to put on your altar.

Go to your shelf, grab your grubby tattered little Satanic Bible. If it's not grubby, tattered, over-read, dogeared, and rather maimed looking, you haven't read it nearly enough. Everything you need is there. That's it. The Satanic Bible is a stand-alone book on magic that WORKS, really works. But it won't work for you, if YOU don't work it for you.

If it doesn't seem like you can do whatever you want alone, either don't do it, or improvise. Yes I know that is hard to grasp for some people. It's just exactly like when you would play at imaginary games as a child. Put yourself into THAT frame of mind, and you have most of the formula. It is perfectly acceptable to make up your own material, your own dogma, your own ritual. After all, if you ARE a God, then you can make any rules that you want!

Many would advise the less-than perfect personalised ritual. Some have no desire to ritualise at all. To each his own.

My personal thought on the matter is this:

It is better to have twenty imperfect rituals, than to sit on my ass and do no rituals at all.

Do not confuse RITUAL and CEREMONY. They are distinctly different. The reasons are already explained.

Ritualise until you gain skill with it, just like anything else in life.

There are no practice rituals.

Do.

Or do not.

That is all.

Most excellent post, sir!

I am reminded of something that Dr. LaVey stated in TSR:

SATANISM DEMANDS STUDY...

As a newbie here myself, I would like to reiterate something from one of my previous posts; and that is that I devote time to actually discovering the answers for myself via research on the internet or in checking through my copies of either TSB or TSR when I have questions. The main reason I do this is that I get a much greater sense of satisfaction out of it, and I know that I will retain the knowledge indefinitely by having "worked" for it. I've not once asked such useless questions (I would never even "dream" of it). It really galls me to see so much time devoted here to responses on questions that people can and should be able to find the answers to on their own.

HAIL SATAN!

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#137350 - 12/27/05 06:37 PM Just to add a thought ... [Re: WinterGoat]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

LaVey has given the key in one of this book. This sentence which explain the principle of how magic works,( I don't say it here ). And it has been explained in some other books too. This is simple, but it could be not, and all depends on the one who practice.

Remember how work magnets.

Or a better example : magic is like a shining bright point on a top of a mountain, and you walk to this point to reach it..But the thing here is that you have set first this shining bright point on this mountain (with magic)... ...

This is maybe a strange example, but I think some understand what I mean.

Ritual is done > forget it without questioning > then work on what you wanted > this will be like 2 magnets.

#137351 - 12/27/05 07:15 PM Re: Just to add a thought ... [Re: Assabrah]
Jaffa Offline

Loc: Finland
Quote:

Ritual is done > forget it without questioning > then work on what you wanted > this will be like 2 magnets.

Hello.

This caught my attention. Your example is almost exactly like my experience in magic. I would only phrase it differently, but that's it. In a ritual, you simply decide where you want to go. Then all you have to do is walk there. After the ritual, the wind is on your back and your steps are light. Sometimes you forget all about the destination and suddenly realize that you are really close to it. You take the last steps in a state of euphoria: "I did it !"

#137352 - 03/20/06 09:44 PM Re: Magic and You. [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
snrforlfe Offline

perfect practice makes perfect

#137353 - 03/21/06 04:19 AM Re: Magic and You. [Re: Felstorm]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Several good points well made.

The satanic bible and the satanic rituals are not difficult to read and understand surely ?, I read many crappy esoteric books on magic, the occult etc before I was given the satanic bible and its simplicity blew the cobwebs away.

I believe that rituals are a deeply personal thing, I do all my rituals alone and never discuss their content or manner with anyone.

People who don't have the imagination and will to conduct their own rituals using tsb and tsr as a guide really shouldn't bother with satanism in general.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#137354 - 03/21/06 04:44 AM Re: Just to add a thought ... [Re: Assabrah]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

magic is like a shining bright point on a top of a mountain, and you walk to this point to reach it..But the thing here is that you have set first this shining bright point on this mountain (with magic)... ...

I really like that quote, it sums up my relationship to Greater magic and ritual quite brilliantly and I can identify with what it is saying very strongly - I just have not been able to put it in to words so succintly!

well done Assabrah

Forum Stats
12098 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405469 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements