Topic Options
#139561 - 01/07/06 07:09 PM About the Keys and the Names.
Malkavian Offline

Loc: Deutschland, Stuttgart
During my study, I came to a few problems:

1. The Ritual, as described in TSB, has 13 clear steps.
The 12-th step is reading the appropriate Enochian Key.
How should one choose the appropriate one? Till now, I just read the english content and then decided what suites better to my thoughts.

2. Step 5: "Invocation to Satan" and "Infernal Names". But:

"When calling the names, all of them may be recited, or a given number of those most significant to the respective working may be chosen."

How choses one the Names? Perhaps I should study all the Names as concerns their mythical content, in order that they become significant to me? Here I have no idea.

3. I listened a Black Mass performed by LaVey (on CD). And there, he inverted some steps in the Ritual, for instance he recites the 14-th Key before the "Destruction Conjuration". Or he recites the english version of the 7-th Key before again the Lust Ritual.
Is the use of the Keys free?

I have many questions... Is there some sort of a study group in Stuttgart?

Edited by Malkavian (01/07/06 07:14 PM)

#139562 - 01/07/06 07:52 PM Re: About the Keys and the Names. [Re: Malkavian]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
*sigh* This topic was moved from General Satanism after I replied.
I understand am not allowed to answer questions addressing the Church of Satan.
My appologies.

-Maximilian

Edited by Maximilian (01/07/06 08:06 PM)

#139563 - 01/07/06 09:20 PM Re: About the Keys and the Names. [Re: Malkavian]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
1. Here: http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/EnochianGuide.html

Quote:

Suggested Enochian Keys
for Various Rituals and Ceremonies

Anton Szandor LaVey

from The Cloven Hoof, June V AS (1970 c.e.)

Vengeance & Destruction: Keys 12, 14, 17
Lust & Weddings: Keys 2, 7, 13
Funerals: Key 11
Compassion: Keys 16, 18,
Power: Keys 1, 3, 8
Traditional Black Mass: Keys 5, 15
Pride & Rejoicing: Key 18

2. Whatever is appropriate. The mythology behind the names will make it apparant that some are more appropriate for one type of ritual, some for another, some are appropriate for any type of ritual.

3. Those are the keys appropriate for lust and destruction. Dr. LaVey wrote "Because the English language is a glorious display of words, it is criminal not to avail oneself of the majestic vocal renditions made possible by such a language. In the ceremonies which I have conducted, I have always spoken the key I have chosen both in English and Enochian."
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#139564 - 01/08/06 01:54 AM Re: About the Keys and the Names. [Re: Svengali]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

Edited by MagisterParadise (01/08/06 02:00 AM)

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements