Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#140273 - 01/14/06 03:32 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Reznor]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

Not too sure where I am going with this one so...

Hail Satan!

It sounds like you are saying killing people is not glamorous. It is something best left to fantasizing about...is that about right?

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#140274 - 01/14/06 04:52 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Caesar]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
Oh yeah...ain't REALITY a BITCH! Killing another human being is not something that I would do unless, it meant the death or serious injury of myself, my family, friends, or someone I cared about enough to put myself into SERIOUS legal jeapordy for doing it in the first place JUSTIFIED OR NOT! You kill someone in civilian life it had better be justifiable homicide, and with the liberal ass juries they have these days it's hard to say how they will find their decision when they PROSECUTE your ass for NOT having the proper justifcation to plug the bastard, even though he was standing right in front of you with a loaded weapon pointed at your head, finger on the trigger, screaming that he is going to shoot the fuck out of you! Well.....okay....they might let you off for that, but short of that, one has to wonder. It seems the only individuals that seemed to have the ability to blow you away at will and get away with it is law enforcement. And even those guys go through a review process that was developed in Hell to torment police officers that shoot criminals in the performance of their duties. It's just not like the "good ole days" anymore when you could drop a man just for looking at your daughter sideways. You might say I like guns as I am an NRA member and I whole heartly support the troops in harms way. It keeps the assholes from screwing with me, especially when they see that I am armed like NATO and I have enough weapons to qualify as a small, third world, nation. All very high capacity, or high velocity, or tactical/self-defense weapons. No sporting weapons at all. I don't hunt although I see nothing wrong with regulated hunting. It keeps the animal populations from overpopulating the winter ranges and killing off most of the herd through starvation.
I have included a picture of me with my latest acquisition: it is a new Taurus 22MAGNUM, 8-shot DA revolver. Accurate as HELL it is and it is what I carry for defense. Wicked cartridge the .22 Mag! 2200 fps at the muzzle with 880 ftlbs of knock down energy! OW! That would certainly smart, and it zips right through kevlar body armor. NEEYYAHHH ah AHHHH!

BC

#140275 - 01/14/06 05:26 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

EXCELLENT REPLY!!! I cannot improve your dissection upon this supposed badass looking person's post, wherein I believe we are dealing with a definite IQ deficit. I look rather harmless most of the time, but that is just a ruse, as I was an assistant WT instructor for 8 years, and I am exceptionally well skilled in all manner of that "cowardly" form of ballistic self-defense with a hangun, rifle, shotgun, fully automatic machine gun, and other "deadly forms of "persuasion". SURPRISE! Gunfu is far superior to Kungfu, so I practice the art of Glockbangdo. And I am damned good at it too. No brag....just fact! All of us good old Montana boys were trained to shoot since we were four or five years old. I learned to shoot a .22 rifle with my grandad every Sunday when I was just a young punk. I can dust the hemmoroids out of a gnats bunghole a 200 meters!
This guy's post is so lame for all of the reasons you pointed out and more. Probably a felon just out of jail that thinks he is a badass in the joint because no one can have a firearm inside. Now that he's out, he's just disgruntled that he can't be a fucking asshole anymore without worrying about getting blown away by someone like me that carries concealed. (9years) Now he has to watch his step as he is a nobody on the outside, and that upsets him so he carries a knife to use with his bare hands???? Or a shank to shag someone from behind and run away like a little coward bitch without making any noise?
I think that you've hit the nail on the head Professor Leviathan!
See me with my .223! HELLLLO! This weapon is very nasty and I qualified as an expert on a military rifle range on more than one occasion. I seldom miss, even moving targets!
CHEERIO! PIP PIP! And all of that rot...
BC

Attachments
320040-bringitonfucker.jpg (36 downloads)

Edited by Bastard_Child (01/14/06 05:31 PM)

#140276 - 01/14/06 05:36 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Magister Svengali, as always, is correct in saying that you're are far too charitable with this yutz! BC

#140277 - 01/14/06 05:56 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Bastard_Child]
blasphemy Offline

Loc: NY, US
Quote:

This guy's post is so lame for all of the reasons you pointed out and more. Probably a felon just out of jail that thinks he is a badass in the joint because no one can have a firearm inside. Now that he's out, he's just disgruntled that he can't be a fucking asshole anymore without worrying about getting blown away by someone like me that carries concealed. (9years) Now he has to watch his step as he is a nobody on the outside, and that upsets him so he carries a knife to use with his bare hands???? Or a shank to shag someone from behind and run away like a little coward bitch without making any noise?

Are you accusing me of being a convict, a coward, a person unable to defend myself wihtout weapons (seemingly unlike yourself), and a rapist? I think you've been sniffing the C4.

I think that there was nothing unreasonable about my original post aside from the pussy comment which I defended just above. I'm not sure if you think its wise to travel with a concealed weapon, then again you porbably don't live in NY where it'll get you into serious shit. Either way, you sound like you're a bit gun-crazier than I will ever be. Kutos?

You seem to be a poor character judgement sir, since none of the accusations above were in the least bit fitting. I've never been in a fight, nor do I wish to be, lest my life depended on it. The intention of my original post was to see how many people shared a similar interest in weapons and vicarious violence and their thoughts on that. They have responded intelligently and I've respected their opinions, just short of yours.

Don't be so quick to jump the gun.

Ave Satanas.

#140278 - 01/14/06 06:14 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Sir,

If you followed the trail of posts/responses, you would see that Mr. BastardChild is in fact referring to my post which refuted "DrSuessicide" above, not yours. Neither he nor I were speaking in reference to you (except for my post very early in the thread).

Your attack on Mr. BastardChild is therefore unwarranted. Please, a retraction would be the gracious way to handle this.

#140279 - 01/14/06 11:31 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
blasphemy Offline

Loc: NY, US
Quote:

Sir,

If you followed the trail of posts/responses, you would see that Mr. BastardChild is in fact referring to my post which refuted "DrSuessicide" above, not yours. Neither he nor I were speaking in reference to you (except for my post very early in the thread).

Your attack on Mr. BastardChild is therefore unwarranted. Please, a retraction would be the gracious way to handle this.

I am very sorry I misread that response, and retract my statement hoping that I have shown no disrespect. Obviously it was a miscommunication. Thank you Leviathan for pointing that out and saving me from looking like a real asshole. Mr. BastardChild, I apologize sincerely.

#140280 - 01/15/06 09:41 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: RandomStranger]
Focalor Offline

Quote:

And personally sir, I think you are a half-wit scat muncher.

And I think I'm not. So I guess we disagree on that point, if it is a point.

Quote:

Your post sounds like you are projecting a a veil of solipsism
over what you see so that it fits nicely into your tiny world
view.

What I did not say is "All people who carry guns and and collect weapons have an inferiority complex." If you care to generalize my statements so much that they make me look like a "half wit scat muncher", that's your business.

Quote:

Oh, yeah... I guess you ARE relating only what you think you
know and not what is reality.

You seem to be confusing your opinions, which have no basis
in reality (other than what YOU choose to think is reality), with
the facts.

I was merely offering one point of view. Perhaps it's a point of view which has never crossed your mind. Perhaps you've never met a person like I described. I have, which is why I decided to describe their personality. Perhaps you own several weapons and are attempting to seperate yourself from what I have described. Good for you, you're not a person with an inferiority complex.

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net

#140281 - 01/15/06 11:29 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

I think most people who are enamored by weapons have some sort of inferiority complex.

If someone is going to shoot me, they'll do so before I can shoot them.

I would contend that believing you're powerless to stop those who would harm you indicates a much greater inferiority complex.

hes probably right though. Most of the time people dont see it coming, but the rest of the post contradicted that part of it.

I agreed with the rest of your post though, and overall it was very good. I am impressed with how well you write, how concise your points are.

It seems like a lot of the time when people are in dangerous situations they get out ok by keeping a level head and being smart about their actions. I know I am a very tiny woman and have NO self defense training, I would flee when in danger, without a doubt(if I could). I just try to stick to common sense to prevent being in a bad situation.

#140282 - 01/15/06 11:41 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

I thought that I couldn't be alone in my love for weapons because there is an entire community who love guns, knives, and violence. They are the NRA, most sci-fi nerds, and many movie goers, comic book readers, video game players, cartoon advocats, WWF fans, and most sports fans. I would never want to associate with these people, but none of them (as a direct corrilation) have gone on serial killing sprees. Maybe they are just too pussy to get off their fat asses and kill someone without remorse.

I fit into a few of those categories but I am in no way fascinated with guns or violence. I love video games, and by far one of my favorites is metal gear solid, you get more points for not killing. It rewards being skillful rather than violent(the point of the game is to sneak around without being noticed), and most violent video games want you to kill a force of absolute evil (zombies, monsters, nazis, ect), where you have to kill in order to live. I dont think lumping a bunch of people together does anything to prove your point.

#140283 - 01/15/06 12:46 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Bastard_Child]
Focalor Offline

Holy crap! You must be psychic or something! Miss Cleo ain't got nothin' on you!

Ehhhhhactually..... you're dead wrong.

I've never been charged with or convicted of any felony. I've never been to prison because I'm a law abiding citizen. Jesus you're strange! I say I don't carry a gun in public and that makes me a violent asshole? Whatever. You sound to me like the type who would immediately brandish your weapon before it was neccessary to do so, which in this day and age can get your CWP revoked easily.

I was taught to shoot at a young age. I was also taught to respect firearms, to use them properly, and not to brandish them frivolously. So you're a good shot, good for you. I hope so, because the second an assailant with a firearm sees you produce one, he's going to start shooting even if he had no intention of doing so beforehand.

#140284 - 01/15/06 01:39 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Focalor Offline

Quote:

I would contend that believing you're powerless to stop those who would harm you indicates a much greater inferiority complex.

My point in saying that, which I do admit I did not make perfectly clear, is that if someone is out to shoot me, they will probably do so before I can retreive my handgun from the glove box, flip the safety off, aim, and fire. Most attackers/carjackers with guns do not wish to kill you, at least not immediately. Chances are they want something. Perhaps you aren't willing to take that chance and I understand that.

Quote:

a gun is useless because they'll shoot you first, but you're confident that you will in fact bludgeon them to death with a baseball bat before they shoot you?),

Once again, I didn't make myself perfectly clear. The bat is for multiple attackers who are either unarmed or armed with similar non-projectile weapons themselves. I've been in a situation before where 4 or 5 guys were leaning out the window in traffic harassing me and taunting me to pull over and fight them. I got to thinking, what would happen if they all got out, and dragged me out of my truck? I'm confident I could take on one or two, but four or five I'm not. I'm not Jackie Chan.

I'm not saying guns are useless, otherwise the police would not carry them. I just don't feel the need to carry one on my hip when I'm making a quick run to the grocery store for milk and eggs. First of all, I do my best to stay out of situations where I might need one to protect myself. I stay out of the dangerous parts of the city after dark. If someone else is acting suspicious, I steer clear of them. So far, I've never had to fight anyone, and I intend to keep it that way.

I was merely offering one viewpoint on the subject. If it sounded like I was pegging all gun collectors as being crazy people with childhood issues to work out, know that it was not my intention.

Quote:

Its ironic that you have such "insight" into the mentality of someone who enjoys collecting weapons, but neatly avoided examining what your own attitudes indicate.

I have known a few people who fit my description exactly. That is where I got my insight from. But I can and do legally own a few firearms. I didn't see a need for examining my own attitude. You and Bastard somehow gather that I'm an ex-convict just because I don't carry a gun. That's the first time anyone's ever made a ridiculous accusation of that caliber towards me. Most people think you're a person with a violent history when they find out that you DO have a gun at all times. Sheesh!

#140285 - 01/16/06 09:58 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

I'm not going to bother opening the can of worms over WoMD's or shit like that.

*The crackergirl pokes Pandora in the side encouragingly. "Come on," she says, "open the box. It'll be cool."
I believe you've already opened that can of worms, and I'll tell you why. You can't instigate a dicussion about weaponry and whether or not it's "normal" to like guns, and then completely omit the biggest (and in my opinion BEST) examples of weaponry from the debate. I'm going to take one of your worms and bait my hook with it right now. Let's see if anyone bites.
WMD's are necessary for the advancement of the US. Why? Not only are the scientific exploration aspects of this topic astoundingly interesting and beneficial to all other forms of chemistry, but WMD's scare the hell out of people. What good is an arenal if it doesn't have any balls? The feeling of power that you get from knowing that your gun is bigger than that of the guy who's currently staking out your house for a robbery is overwhelmingly decadent. I would have to dig pretty deep to find someone that didn't agree with that. It's the same reason people choose a Suburban over a Yukon. It's not good for the environment, and it sucks if you get hit by one, but, damn, does it feel good to be behind the wheel in that nice soft leather captain's chair.
Here, fishy, fishy, fishy, fishy!

#140286 - 01/16/06 10:18 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Quote:

Jesus you're strange!

Who?

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#140287 - 01/16/06 10:32 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: crackergirl]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

WMD's are necessary for the advancement of the US. Why? Not only are the scientific exploration aspects of this topic astoundingly interesting and beneficial to all other forms of chemistry, but WMD's scare the hell out of people

True. I have always felt that warfare and the space race have spured much of our scientific advancements. I mean, I can get a cool titanium driver thanks to NASA!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43989 Topics
406081 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements