Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#140318 - 01/18/06 08:58 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
"Hmmm...I think the Catholics believe it is a sin to oil ones own gun, no?"

I see we are still not clear on a few of the core issues here.

Repeat after me:

This is my compiler,
This is my gun.

This one's for fighting;
This one's for fun.

#140319 - 01/19/06 01:58 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
uncleherpe Offline

I never said it was illegal to have a bat in your car. I simply said it was a bad idea. And you pretty much agreed.

#140320 - 01/19/06 09:39 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: uncleherpe]
Mead_Honeywine Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:

Scientists can now genetically modify strains of virus and "tailor" them to attack specific types of people. There was a slightly controvertial documentary about the practice on British TV a while back and (apparently) the eggheads had created some pretty scary items. It was claimed that they could create a virus which would only kill people with blonde hair, people with a specific blood group, a specific ethnic group etc.

Thats a pretty scary concept!

As the technology improves, it becomes useful in multiple areas. The fact that they can do this seems to indicate progress is being made in the field of genetic research. That isn't a bad thing.

#140321 - 01/19/06 10:11 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Mead_Honeywine]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

Quote:

Scientists can now genetically modify strains of virus and "tailor" them to attack specific types of people. There was a slightly controvertial documentary about the practice on British TV a while back and (apparently) the eggheads had created some pretty scary items. It was claimed that they could create a virus which would only kill people with blonde hair, people with a specific blood group, a specific ethnic group etc.

Thats a pretty scary concept!

As the technology improves, it becomes useful in multiple areas. The fact that they can do this seems to indicate progress is being made in the field of genetic research. That isn't a bad thing.

Once again, the art of war moves science along, causing the development of things that will be useful in other areas. Hail Science!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406012 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements