Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#140243 - 01/13/06 12:14 AM Why do I like guns?
blasphemy Offline

Loc: NY, US
I couldn't think of any other section to post this in so.... Why do I enjoy guns? Knives? Weapons of all sorts? Watching fictional violence in movies or reading about it in books? Why do I like to spar with my friends? Why am I so interested with death?

Does anyone else here think of these things or share these interests?

I was thinking about this today while eating pizza with my father. It dawned on me that we have a huge industry, global, that trades, makes, improves, etc. weapons. The defense companies are wealthy as hell and it seems that there is really no need. Yes yes, I understand that we can be attacked at any moment and we need nuclear weapons to defend ourselves. I'm not going to bother opening the can of worms over WoMD's or shit like that.

But haven't we reached a point as animal that we can protect ourselves on a satisfactory level, and to constantly improve upon our bombs so that they can kill more and more people is, at the least, unnecissary? I understand that weapons and tools have been the two most progressive forces in our history, our being the human race, but is there ever a point that we stop?

Either way, is there a reason I am fascinated with explosions? Does this need for improvement upon unnecissary weapons make me feel like I need to arm myself and then improve my arms? Just after turning 18 I got back into collecting knives. I think they're very pretty and look great as wall peices, aside from being practical in use. But never had I considered guns. I always thought them to be the cowards way of killing someone. But in more recent times (especially after hearing plenty of cases of home invasions going on around my area) I've really considered buying a rifle, shotgun, possibly a handgun. Why did I see no use for these things before?

I wonder sometimes is my fondness for violence is abnormal. Like when reading case studies on serial killers and their misanthropy intertwined with their ammoral belief structure. Some of them believe that if every human had to, he could murder to save his life. I always thought that true. I never considered this way of thinking to be wrong until seeing that it was a standard to detect pathological narcissism. In any case, I thought that I couldn't be alone in my love for weapons because there is an entire community who love guns, knives, and violence. They are the NRA, most sci-fi nerds, and many movie goers, comic book readers, video game players, cartoon advocats, WWF fans, and most sports fans. I would never want to associate with these people, but none of them (as a direct corrilation) have gone on serial killing sprees. Maybe they are just too pussy to get off their fat asses and kill someone without remorse.

Either way, I think I'm capable of killing another person if giving the right circumstance. I just want to know if I'm alone in that feeling. I mean, aside from those mentioned just above.

#140244 - 01/13/06 12:27 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

This is sort of addressing two topics.

There is nothing wrong with being aware that you would be willing to use any force necessary to preserve your life. Guns are a way to do that. A fondness for guns isn't criminal or insane, its a pleasure like any other. I like my weapons, I practice with them frequently and I have a sense of attachment to my personal firearms.

The idea that every person would be willing to kill to preserve himself is false. Many people are shorn sheep willing to die rather than offend their impotent god. The anti-gun crowd is a good example of this type, the thinking that says "If a criminal attacks you, just take it, give him what he wants." These people deserve whatever they get. That's the law of the jungle.

As for your fascination with violence: whether or not its a negative thing depends on how you express it. We may not get to choose our tastes, but we can choose how we deal with it. If you want to collect knives and read war novels, go for it. Join the military if you really want some action. Just keep your nose clean.

#140245 - 01/13/06 12:48 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Quote:

Why do I enjoy guns? Knives? Weapons of all sorts? Watching fictional violence in movies or reading about it in books? Why do I like to spar with my friends? Why am I so interested with death?

I don't know much about you, but is it possible that you are an extremely sexual person? The connection between lust and aggression is pretty deep in primates, and you may just be more in touch with this primal urge.

Quote:

I wonder sometimes is my fondness for violence is abnormal.

What is normal? As long as you abide by the law, what does it matter? It is good that you are analyzing yourself, but sometimes, a knife is just a knife...

#140246 - 01/13/06 02:19 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
" In any case, I thought that I couldn't be alone in my love for weapons because there is an entire community who love guns, knives, and violence. They are the NRA, most sci-fi nerds, and many movie goers, comic book readers, video game players, cartoon advocats, WWF fans, and most sports fans. I would never want to associate with these people, but none of them (as a direct corrilation) have gone on serial killing sprees. Maybe they are just too pussy to get off their fat asses and kill someone without remorse. "

Do you have any actual data to back this up or are you just
making a broad-swept, hand wave type of an assertion based
on your opinion?

I am not trying to be a jerk about this.

What I am curious about is whether or not this is your opinion
written as fact or if you are aware of some sort of study that
was done and presented this statement as fact.

Having a propensity towards violence in not normal.

Having a desire for self preservation is natural.

#140247 - 01/13/06 03:25 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Quote:

I couldn't think of any other section to post this in so.... Why do I enjoy guns? Knives? Weapons of all sorts? Watching fictional violence in movies or reading about it in books? Why do I like to spar with my friends? Why am I so interested with death?

You are interested with Death? I'm personally not at all..as death is my enemy. I'm interested in being alive!
I have a gun myself, practicing martial arts etc..hopefully i will never end up in a conflict where i can loose my life, or i need to end up another one. To spend time in jail for the rest of your life is equal to being death to me.
Freedom is one of the greatest things in life for sure.
You can be interested in violence, but most of the time violence and stupidity are going hand in hand. Keep that in mind. If you have a violent urge, go train hard in a gym or study martial arts, and make sure you are reaching the maximum in there..i have a healthy interest in violence and i bet alot of people do, but you need to control it..my two cents here. Buy the Fang & Claw book, it has alot of interesting things inside that are linked with violence and survival, but there's smart advice underlayered to use it when you're driven in a corner and there's really no way out.
Remember that violent movies are...just movies with fictional violence.
You ever got punched in the mouth real hard? You ever got beat down by five peeps?...i assure you, it's a very unpleasant situation. Violence can backfire very very hard.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#140248 - 01/13/06 05:00 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
I think that human beings have a carnal desire for violence. Some fulfill this through seeing movies, video games, the shooting range, or combat sports. I can relate with you on this. I am into martial arts. It is something that I MUST do or I start getting very frustrated and moody. I need that type of violent contact in my life to satisfy that carnal need.
I think its good to be able to find your release in a good way that does not break any laws. Keep up your gun play, as long as its at the shooting range. I think its healthy for you and other people around you.
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

#140249 - 01/13/06 08:25 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
Like most of the inculcated guilt that organized religion has put into most of us, actively or passively, this is the end result. On a political level, yes there's those bleeding heart liberals that piss and moan about how guns kill people, but we all know the witty retort "guns don't kill people, I kill people." damn, i love that one. Anyway, I love weaponry of all sorts and I share your attraction and passion for violence. This is a country foundec, and bred on violence, in various forms. From the UFC all the way to Looney Tunes, it's been instilled our culture. As Satanists, we're even more inclined to these raw and primal instincts to violence and weaponry. This is not to say that we're all bloodthirsty dormant serial killers, but hell, I would say we're more likely to go on a killing spree if enough assholes were to provoke us and go out of their way to make our lives miserable for a neo-manifest destiny or some other farcical bullshit that they could come up with. But no, your interests only become an issue when like Leviathan said, you cross legal boundaries. Now I'm just as misanthropic as the next Satanist, if not more, but we have to have checks and balances if we have something to lose as a result of acting upon our primal urges when confronted with stupidity and ignorance, because in that aspect, we're outnumbered. The sheep are currently in control and that's something we have to deal with for now, but that doesn't mean we can squeeze off a few rounds or improve our accuracy by throwing some daggers at a photo target of beloved object of our affection

#140250 - 01/13/06 08:45 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Maybe they are just too pussy to get off their fat asses and kill someone without remorse.

You say that as if not killing all and sundry without remorse is a bad thing.

Either you just expressed yourself badly or you are a first rate asshole who is welcome to make use of the exit as soon as possible.

The policy of the CoS is that it is a good thing when mad dogs are destroyed. That goes double for "mad dog killers".

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#140251 - 01/13/06 10:06 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>Why do I enjoy guns? Knives? Weapons of all sorts?
>>Watching fictional violence in movies or reading about
>>it in books? Why do I like to spar with my friends? Why
>>am I so interested with death?

In an otherwise safe and mediocre world, these things can be quite entertaining. For some people, they might also be doing the job that soap operas do: providing excitement and drama by proxy, in an otherwise uneventful life.

>>But in more recent times (especially after hearing
>>plenty of cases of home invasions going on around my
>>area) I've really considered buying a rifle, shotgun,
>>possibly a handgun. Why did I see no use for these
>>things before?

I think you answered your own question in those parentheses.

>>I would never want to associate with these people, but
>>none of them (as a direct corrilation) have gone on
>>serial killing sprees. Maybe they are just too pussy to
>>get off their fat asses and kill someone without remorse.

Or maybe they're just mentally-stable, responsible people.

>>Either way, I think I'm capable of killing another
>>person if giving the right circumstance. I just want
>>to know if I'm alone in that feeling. I mean, aside
>>from those mentioned just above.

People are hypothetically capable of lots of strange things under extreme conditions. I'm sure there are some who say they are capable of taking a human life but wouldn't really be able to in a real situation, and I'm sure there are the equally self-righteous pacifists who actually would take another life in extreme conditions. But why would anybody want to put that to a vote?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#140252 - 01/13/06 10:20 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I enjoy weapons because many of them are works of art. Swords, in particular.
I respond to guns in the same way...they are very visually appealing, to me. In cinema, a hot chick gets hotter in a cowboy hat with a gun in her hand. Men get cooler looking (look at Neo, in the Matrix).
I enjoy violence because I have hormones in my body designed to prepare me to kill for food or self-defense. When I do what I was meant to do, it feels good. I enjoy violent movies and organized sports because I am also "civilized" and emotionally healthy. Holding violent feelings in, unexpressed causes problems...for me and those around me.
Death seems to be a universal fascination. Not sure why, but it is. It can also be a subject of great art.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#140253 - 01/13/06 12:18 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I'd say an interest in violence becomes abnormal or dangerous when:

A) It morphs into an unbridled and/or innapropriate proclivity towards actual violence,
B) It hurts your ability to navigate through the world.
C) It negatively affects your mood and outlook in a way that noticeably impacts your physical, emotional, or psychological health and wellbeing. If you think absolutely everyone is out to kill you where you stand, that constant alertness, paranoia, and fear takes a toll on both the mind and body.
D) It impedes your ability to interact with other people and society peacefully, cooperatively, or appropriately.
E) You have an intensely romanticized view of violence that is not properly grounded in good ol' common sense and a solid understanding of reality. (Discretion is the better part of valor, as they say.) X9X touched on this when he said that being jumped by 5 people is not fun, although television may make it seem like it is.
F) In addition to the interest in violence, you also possess:

1) A "thin skin," or victim complex. The people who shoot up their workplaces often do so because they take everything very personally, and cannot take even the smallest insult in stride.
2) A pronounced sense of entitlement combined with a diminished sense of responsibility. "The world owes me."
3)Poor communication and/or problem-solving skills. The most aggressively violent people act out the way they do because they don't know of any other way to be.
4) Intense loneliness and insecure attachment. Having enjoyable, solid relationships allows you to keep your balance and a sense of perspective, and maintain a sense of hope and meaning. Stalkers and such are desperate for love, but can't figure out how to create and maintain real relationships, so they start seeking love in creepy ways.
5) Heightened paranoia.
8) Overwhelming and frustrated desire for attention and/or love. Celebrity stalkers and various serial killers just want to become famous, because they feel they don't get enough attention.
8) A pronounced irrational inferiority or superiority complex.

But, where simple interest in violence is concerned, I don't blame you. I find that most Satanists have at least some kind of an interest in weaponry, combat tactics, self defense, warfare, death and/or violence. My inner child certainly goes, "Ooooooh," with glee when I see a particularly beautiful gun, sword, or the stellar performance of a particularly gory or effective combat or killing technique. And, when it comes to visualizing what I'd like to do to my foes, my imagination can be quite graphic and my tastes rather sadistic. The important thing is to recognize it honestly, analyze its meaning and contents, and then humor it and channel it appropriately. Where people go wrong is that they either suppress it or deny it, or they feed it and humor it without boundaries and without question.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#140254 - 01/13/06 12:21 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I have seen a lot of this kind of sentiment from soldiers in the Army (in this and many other ways). But I can tell you it severely degrades when the fantasy meets reality.

#140255 - 01/13/06 02:56 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

Does anyone else here think of these things or share these interests?

While violence in and of itself doesn't hold a lot of interest for me, I love knives. I collect knives, I play with knives, I like guys to mind fuck with me with knives. (In the world of kinky sex, anyway.) So, is that abnormal? Depends on who is holding the measuring stick. In my circle of friends, absolutely not. If I asked my mother, she would probably say I was one messed up dudette. (Hence, I do not share certain things with certain people.)

I don't mind violence in a movie if it is pertinent to the storyline, but I detest gratuitous violence. I don't watch a movie just because there is violence in it, but by the same token, I don't stay away from a movie just because there is violence in it. Violence is natural. Nature is extremely violent. Ever see a tornado or a hurricane, severe thunderstorm, flood? How about predators hunting, stalking, and eating prey? Well, you get the drift.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#140256 - 01/13/06 04:41 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
I don't see anything wrong with an interest in weapons or a fascination with violence as long as they are indulged in with care and responsibility. Indulgence, not compulsion.

I for one enjoy a UFC fight and a good spar. There is something very pure about personal combat, despite the negative consequences it can have. There is no room for bullshit in the fray.

#140257 - 01/13/06 05:10 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
chandler Offline

Loc: TX, US
I think I can identify with you, blasphemy. I dropped out of college my senior year to enlist in the armed forces as a chemical operations specialist, even though I had an endless source of college tuition and rent money from my father, and was on the honor roll. The motivation was definitely the scent of death. Scent in a metaphorical sense. I just wanted to be near it. I wanted to revel in it. I wanted to wear it like a badge and make it my life, my practice, a part of myself.

The change of heart came about through an encounter I had out drinking one night. My friends all went home to pass out and I wanted to go to another bar before closing, so I did. There, I met some new people, men mostly, and one of them wound up asking me for a ride home. This fellow was a giant, obese, I'm not going to go into my estimates of his measurements, but let me just say I couldn't get the stick shift into fourth gear because he was simply too goddamn fat. When we came to the nearby house he identified as his own, there were no streetlights above us. I stopped the car and he immediately jumps on me trying to lick my face or something. I couldn't budge, becuase his fat ass was pinned against the windshield; he took up practically the entire cab. When I put up a fight, he started choking me. He continued to choke me after I played dead, which was the best I thought a little guy like me could do. When I realized he actually intended to kill me, something awoke deep down inside of me and my non-dominant hand shot out and my thumb went deep, deep behind his trachea, which I managed to pull around the side of his neck using my index finger to squeeze from behind. He made such strange noises as he flopped back in his seat, clutching at his throat and struggling for air, that I decided it was safe and elected not to stab him in the eye with my key, which I had uncosciously pulled out of the ignition. Instead I got out and just went nuts, kicking my own car, cussing and spitting in the guy's face. It was a real transformative period for the next few weeks. And overall I'd say the guy did me a favor, whether he likes it or not.

By the way, he lived, and I didn't feel any need to call the cops, since the situation resolved itself. I am doing well in the Army, but I look forward to returning home when the day comes.

#140258 - 01/13/06 06:59 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Focalor Offline

I think most people who are enamored by weapons have some sort of inferiority complex. They feel they are not strong enough or smart enough to win a fight with their bare hands. But give them a gun and all of the sudden they feel like God. They were picked on as youngsters and have an inner yearning to lash back at all who would make them feel as inferior as some may have in those early years. Some may even feel the need to punish the world for the pain they received. Some may actually use these weapons and act upon these impulses, others stand in front of the bathroom mirror and fantasize about slaying several hundred people but never go out and actually harm anyone.

Then again, weapons universally represent power. Everyone desires power. People who have power want more power. In the revolutionary war people got annoyed with ramrods and balls, so now we have belt-fed 50 caliber machine guns that will saw Volvo's in half. Wow, that's what I need! Then NO ONE WILL FUCK WITH ME!

I work in some of the worst sections of downtown Atlanta sometimes. I don't carry a gun because I see no need. If someone is going to shoot me, they'll do so before I can shoot them. Chances are they would want to carjack me. I know enough about self-defense to be able to disarm someone at close range. I carry a long bladed knife if someone reaches in the window, and a baseball ball in case there happens to be more than one attacker which I must take down quickly. I don't show off my bat or my knife because they are purely functional and I hope I never have to use them.

I believe that ALL people are capable of killing if you place their lives in jeopardy, it's just an instinct. Perhaps you're just not stating yourself properly. What I think you're meaning to say is that you wonder what specifically creates personalities that can kill other people unprovoked without remorse.

Or perhaps I'm wrong. If I am, all the advice I can give you is: Stay the hell out of my yard or you'll be having a bad day.

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net

#140259 - 01/13/06 08:18 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I think most people who are enamored by weapons have some sort of inferiority complex.

If someone is going to shoot me, they'll do so before I can shoot them.

I would contend that believing you're powerless to stop those who would harm you indicates a much greater inferiority complex.

I believe that ALL people are capable of killing if you place their lives in jeopardy

Then why is it that there are consistent examples of people whose life is placed in jeopardy who refuse to take action to preserve themselves? Some people are so cowardly that they won't even run when they're threatened, but freeze like a deer in headlights when confronted with a dangerous situation.

I work in some of the worst sections of downtown Atlanta sometimes. I don't carry a gun because I see no need. If someone is going to shoot me, they'll do so before I can shoot them. Chances are they would want to carjack me. I know enough about self-defense to be able to disarm someone at close range. I carry a long bladed knife if someone reaches in the window, and a baseball ball in case there happens to be more than one attacker which I must take down quickly. I don't show off my bat or my knife because they are purely functional and I hope I never have to use them.

Not only do you contradict yourself here (a gun is useless because they'll shoot you first, but you're confident that you will in fact bludgeon them to death with a baseball bat before they shoot you?), but you reveal that you in fact don't know shit about self-defense. You really think you'll use your fancy tricks to disarm someone before they have a chance to attack you? If a weapon is close enough for you to touch, its close enough to touch you, and therefore injure you. A gun is useless because they'll just shoot you first, but a bat is useful for taking down multiple people quickly? Why do I have this suspicion that for one reason or another, you can't legally own a firearm and you seek to justify it by saying they're useless?

They feel they are not strong enough or smart enough to win a fight with their bare hands.

I carry a long bladed knife

So are you not strong enough or smart enough to win a fight with your bare hands?

You approach defense from the most juvenile standpoint possible. You think with the mentality of a schoolyard brawler, which probably worked fine for you on the schoolyard, but as a big boy, its both childish and dangerous. The only objective in self-defense in the mind of a mature person is to survive, by any means necessary. Whether its turning tail and running like mad, or using every weapon you can lay hands on, survival is the only goal. Are you going to feel inadequate because you had to resort to using a gun? I say, still better to be alive and "inadequate" than be a billy badass barefisted fighter, and dead.

Its ironic that you have such "insight" into the mentality of someone who enjoys collecting weapons, but neatly avoided examining what your own attitudes indicate.

#140260 - 01/13/06 08:40 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Leviathan, you are very generous with these idiots.

There was a day when I would take the time to offer tested and proven input on these matters. Now I only share with deserving people I personally know, and who ask. Everyone else can go die in the gutter. Especially stupid assholes.

Why inhibit natural selection?
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
ďA membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.Ē -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#140261 - 01/13/06 08:45 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: MagisterRose]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

Either you just expressed yourself badly or you are a first rate asshole who is welcome to make use of the exit as soon as possible.

I would say #2.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
ďA membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.Ē -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#140262 - 01/13/06 09:28 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

"I think most people who are enamored by weapons have some sort of inferiority complex."

And personally sir, I think you are a half-wit scat muncher.

Your post sounds like you are projecting a a veil of solipsism
over what you see so that it fits nicely into your tiny world
view.

"I work in some of the worst sections of downtown Atlanta"

Oh, yeah... I guess you ARE relating only what you think you
know and not what is reality.

You seem to be confusing your opinions, which have no basis
in reality (other than what YOU choose to think is reality), with
the facts.

#140263 - 01/14/06 09:44 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
chandler Offline

I think, if you want to know where I draw the line, it would be good to read up on the irresponsible church burnings and random murders of the Black Metal circle in Northern Europe. "Lords of Chaos" is a great title, and it will give the reader an impression of where an obsession with murder crosses the line from good, wholesome, open-minded fun, and a proclivity for self-preservation, into the area of self-destructive, irresponsible mischief without a lot of gain.

#140264 - 01/14/06 10:37 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: chandler]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

The book holds the story of a bunch of drunk, addicted to drugs facepainted speudo warriors that burned churches in name of Satan. When it came out, i was impressed by the heavy story, now i think it did and does more harm to Satanism in the very end.
It is the living proof how dangerous stupidity can really be. That's why i don't aggree with the starting topic here, it holds too much nonsens and stupidity.

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#140265 - 01/14/06 10:42 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: x9x]
chandler Offline

True, I think. These guys were posers, and that much should be obvious to any Satanist with any knowledge of the subject whatsoever. It may hurt the public image of Satanism among schizophrenics and the Christian community, but I also believe in any factual exchange of ideas, whether it is between two individuals, or two cultural demographics, that as many sides as possible should be heard in order to strengthen the victory of the truth. I am not recommending it as a resource for learning Satanic philosophy (the Satanic Bible is far better), I am recommending at as a resource for learning how not to apply violent urges.

#140266 - 01/14/06 10:42 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: chandler]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

With a story like this, any violence against your attacker is justified, coz it's really a matter of life and death.
The key-trick always works,and it's one the first techniques they teach you in a self-defense class.
Go and order Fang & Claw I and II that recently came out, i cannot stress this enough, it all makes sense in a smart and non-paranoia way.

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#140267 - 01/14/06 10:52 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: x9x]
chandler Offline

I have been tossing that book title about in my head for over a year now, but have not actually gotten around to ordering it, as I have been busy with other subjects, and it seems my appetite for learning hand-to-hand combat has been satiated a bit with military combat training. But as you have mentioned it to me here, it may speed up my order. It was written by an officer, no?

I am in fact really dissapointed with all the impractical BS that the military teaches soldiers when it comes to hand to hand fighting. They take far too much from sports, like the UFC which has enough rules to make the training too limited for a life or death situation. For example, just because fights wind up on the ground, does not mean it is a smart idea to close your distance to an attacker. How would you know whether or not he had a knife or some such object until he revealed it? Also, they make hard fast rules like "never" turn your back on your attacker. Sometimes it is necessary to build momentum against a larger adversary by twisting the spine or rotating on the balls of the feet. There are exceptions to every rule, and that is why I think a more philosophical, as opposed to instruction booklet style, approach to martial arts can be helpful at times. And I would expect a Satanic guide to fighting would incorporate some beneficial ideas not taught in the International Public Relations style of U.S. Army non-lethal combatives.

And of course it is always better to have a gun than not, when it comes to actual conflict, though it may look questionable on the police report.

#140268 - 01/14/06 11:44 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Caesar]
Reznor Offline

Quote:

I have seen a lot of this kind of sentiment from soldiers in the Army (in this and many other ways). But I can tell you it severely degrades when the fantasy meets reality.

I couldn't agree more!

I joined the Army at 18 years of age and two months after passing out, I found myself in the middle east during Operation Granby/Desert shield. Next thing I knew it had become "Desert storm", I was 19 years old and had killed many people.

To say I was depressed is the understatement of the millenium.

An interest in guns, knives, swords etc is a fairly common thing these days. Thats just fine providing you dont decide to actually use them.

I am more than capable of taking the life of another person. Self preservation, REAL self preservation is one hell of an incentive and can make people capable of practically anything.

Not too sure where I am going with this one so...

Hail Satan!

#140269 - 01/14/06 12:50 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Reznor]
chandler Offline

I have not yet had the experience of live combat in the battlefield. The most I could possibly contribute would be hearsay and speculation. But the description of your experience seems very reasonable, and I was not incensed to a bit of self-pity by your statements about the ravages of war. My own leap into this mess was brought about greatly from a sense of idleness and maddening routine that motivated me to expand my experience base. I have submitted 4187's to attend combat theaters, but my chain of command is short 74D's (Chemical Operations Specialists) so they stood in the way of my reassignment. Today I am very, very glad that I have the opportunity to focus on other priorities that have freed me from the debilitating idleness that inspired my idiotic desire to go to war. I am of course as willing as ever to uphold my oath of enlistment, but I no longer wish to push the issue. I agree that fighting for the sake of fighting is not a sensible solution to mere boredom, but mine was perhaps a more vicious sort of boredom. Anyway, I have found other ways to occupy my free time.

#140270 - 01/14/06 12:53 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: MagisterRose]
blasphemy Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe they are just too pussy to get off their fat asses and kill someone without remorse.

You say that as if not killing all and sundry without remorse is a bad thing.

The policy of the CoS is that it is a good thing when mad dogs are destroyed. That goes double for "mad dog killers".

I did put that in the wrong way and would like to rephrase that. I meant that many believe it to be a macho act to comit violence and to be reluctant would prove one as emasculated. I do believe that everyone should have remorse after any action they comit to harm another, especially to the point of killing. I was making more of a comment on that culture of people who vicariously experience violence while expecting everyone else to feel as guiltless as they do during it.

I personally love vicariousness, not because I have an unfulfilling life but because I am not willing to go to jail for the experiment of my feelings after comitting a crime as disturbing as cold hearted murder. I believe in boundry pushing and exploring the human mind after something as extreme as killing but not because I think it's fun or funny. Its an appriciation of the level of inhumanity one must achieve to perform a violent act.

I understand that the CoS does not condone serial killers. I am proud that they make that very clear. I was just wondering how odd I was that I took an interest in these pathogical entities. To reiterate, my calling of these people as "pussies" was not from my voice but more a mockery of how some who expect others to comit violent acts talk about those who just experience it vicariously. I understand that what I said was not well thought out, nor did it convey the message I wanted to express.

#140271 - 01/14/06 01:12 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Reznor]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

I am more than capable of taking the life of another person. Self preservation, REAL self preservation is one hell of an incentive and can make people capable of practically anything.

Hail Satan!

I, for one, am glad you posted this. It is good to have someone chime in that has been in the situation you have described. "REAL self preservation", not just theoretical bullshit and what would you be capable of doing, blah, blah, blah. Anyone who has been on the front lines of war, and there seem to be a few on this board, can speak volumes about "REAL self preservation", and what that actually does to a person's psyche.

Myself, I admit I have never been in a situation where I had to actually fight for my life. (Physically, violently) This is no accident. I try very hard not to put myself into those situations in the first place. I do agree, though, that it is wise to be prepared for anything, and everyone should know at least some basics of self defense.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#140272 - 01/14/06 02:17 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Svengali]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would say #2.

I agree here, that it is definitely #2.

I am not a pussy for not killing people. Iím just not some psychotic asshole like all the wastrels out there who have neither real goals nor accomplishments in life who DO choose to do such things. I have better things to do with my time.

Now, blasphemy, go pour gasoline on yourself and go for a ride in the dryer.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#140273 - 01/14/06 03:32 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Reznor]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Hail Satan!

It sounds like you are saying killing people is not glamorous. It is something best left to fantasizing about...is that about right?

#140274 - 01/14/06 04:52 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Caesar]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
Oh yeah...ain't REALITY a BITCH! Killing another human being is not something that I would do unless, it meant the death or serious injury of myself, my family, friends, or someone I cared about enough to put myself into SERIOUS legal jeapordy for doing it in the first place JUSTIFIED OR NOT! You kill someone in civilian life it had better be justifiable homicide, and with the liberal ass juries they have these days it's hard to say how they will find their decision when they PROSECUTE your ass for NOT having the proper justifcation to plug the bastard, even though he was standing right in front of you with a loaded weapon pointed at your head, finger on the trigger, screaming that he is going to shoot the fuck out of you! Well.....okay....they might let you off for that, but short of that, one has to wonder. It seems the only individuals that seemed to have the ability to blow you away at will and get away with it is law enforcement. And even those guys go through a review process that was developed in Hell to torment police officers that shoot criminals in the performance of their duties. It's just not like the "good ole days" anymore when you could drop a man just for looking at your daughter sideways. You might say I like guns as I am an NRA member and I whole heartly support the troops in harms way. It keeps the assholes from screwing with me, especially when they see that I am armed like NATO and I have enough weapons to qualify as a small, third world, nation. All very high capacity, or high velocity, or tactical/self-defense weapons. No sporting weapons at all. I don't hunt although I see nothing wrong with regulated hunting. It keeps the animal populations from overpopulating the winter ranges and killing off most of the herd through starvation.
I have included a picture of me with my latest acquisition: it is a new Taurus 22MAGNUM, 8-shot DA revolver. Accurate as HELL it is and it is what I carry for defense. Wicked cartridge the .22 Mag! 2200 fps at the muzzle with 880 ftlbs of knock down energy! OW! That would certainly smart, and it zips right through kevlar body armor. NEEYYAHHH ah AHHHH!

BC

#140275 - 01/14/06 05:26 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

EXCELLENT REPLY!!! I cannot improve your dissection upon this supposed badass looking person's post, wherein I believe we are dealing with a definite IQ deficit. I look rather harmless most of the time, but that is just a ruse, as I was an assistant WT instructor for 8 years, and I am exceptionally well skilled in all manner of that "cowardly" form of ballistic self-defense with a hangun, rifle, shotgun, fully automatic machine gun, and other "deadly forms of "persuasion". SURPRISE! Gunfu is far superior to Kungfu, so I practice the art of Glockbangdo. And I am damned good at it too. No brag....just fact! All of us good old Montana boys were trained to shoot since we were four or five years old. I learned to shoot a .22 rifle with my grandad every Sunday when I was just a young punk. I can dust the hemmoroids out of a gnats bunghole a 200 meters!
This guy's post is so lame for all of the reasons you pointed out and more. Probably a felon just out of jail that thinks he is a badass in the joint because no one can have a firearm inside. Now that he's out, he's just disgruntled that he can't be a fucking asshole anymore without worrying about getting blown away by someone like me that carries concealed. (9years) Now he has to watch his step as he is a nobody on the outside, and that upsets him so he carries a knife to use with his bare hands???? Or a shank to shag someone from behind and run away like a little coward bitch without making any noise?
I think that you've hit the nail on the head Professor Leviathan!
See me with my .223! HELLLLO! This weapon is very nasty and I qualified as an expert on a military rifle range on more than one occasion. I seldom miss, even moving targets!
CHEERIO! PIP PIP! And all of that rot...
BC

Attachments
320040-bringitonfucker.jpg (36 downloads)

Edited by Bastard_Child (01/14/06 05:31 PM)

#140276 - 01/14/06 05:36 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Magister Svengali, as always, is correct in saying that you're are far too charitable with this yutz! BC

#140277 - 01/14/06 05:56 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Bastard_Child]
blasphemy Offline

Quote:

This guy's post is so lame for all of the reasons you pointed out and more. Probably a felon just out of jail that thinks he is a badass in the joint because no one can have a firearm inside. Now that he's out, he's just disgruntled that he can't be a fucking asshole anymore without worrying about getting blown away by someone like me that carries concealed. (9years) Now he has to watch his step as he is a nobody on the outside, and that upsets him so he carries a knife to use with his bare hands???? Or a shank to shag someone from behind and run away like a little coward bitch without making any noise?

Are you accusing me of being a convict, a coward, a person unable to defend myself wihtout weapons (seemingly unlike yourself), and a rapist? I think you've been sniffing the C4.

I think that there was nothing unreasonable about my original post aside from the pussy comment which I defended just above. I'm not sure if you think its wise to travel with a concealed weapon, then again you porbably don't live in NY where it'll get you into serious shit. Either way, you sound like you're a bit gun-crazier than I will ever be. Kutos?

You seem to be a poor character judgement sir, since none of the accusations above were in the least bit fitting. I've never been in a fight, nor do I wish to be, lest my life depended on it. The intention of my original post was to see how many people shared a similar interest in weapons and vicarious violence and their thoughts on that. They have responded intelligently and I've respected their opinions, just short of yours.

Don't be so quick to jump the gun.

Ave Satanas.

#140278 - 01/14/06 06:14 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Sir,

If you followed the trail of posts/responses, you would see that Mr. BastardChild is in fact referring to my post which refuted "DrSuessicide" above, not yours. Neither he nor I were speaking in reference to you (except for my post very early in the thread).

Your attack on Mr. BastardChild is therefore unwarranted. Please, a retraction would be the gracious way to handle this.

#140279 - 01/14/06 11:31 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
blasphemy Offline

Quote:

Sir,

If you followed the trail of posts/responses, you would see that Mr. BastardChild is in fact referring to my post which refuted "DrSuessicide" above, not yours. Neither he nor I were speaking in reference to you (except for my post very early in the thread).

Your attack on Mr. BastardChild is therefore unwarranted. Please, a retraction would be the gracious way to handle this.

I am very sorry I misread that response, and retract my statement hoping that I have shown no disrespect. Obviously it was a miscommunication. Thank you Leviathan for pointing that out and saving me from looking like a real asshole. Mr. BastardChild, I apologize sincerely.

#140280 - 01/15/06 09:41 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: RandomStranger]
Focalor Offline

Quote:

And personally sir, I think you are a half-wit scat muncher.

And I think I'm not. So I guess we disagree on that point, if it is a point.

Quote:

Your post sounds like you are projecting a a veil of solipsism
over what you see so that it fits nicely into your tiny world
view.

What I did not say is "All people who carry guns and and collect weapons have an inferiority complex." If you care to generalize my statements so much that they make me look like a "half wit scat muncher", that's your business.

Quote:

Oh, yeah... I guess you ARE relating only what you think you
know and not what is reality.

You seem to be confusing your opinions, which have no basis
in reality (other than what YOU choose to think is reality), with
the facts.

I was merely offering one point of view. Perhaps it's a point of view which has never crossed your mind. Perhaps you've never met a person like I described. I have, which is why I decided to describe their personality. Perhaps you own several weapons and are attempting to seperate yourself from what I have described. Good for you, you're not a person with an inferiority complex.

#140281 - 01/15/06 11:29 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

I think most people who are enamored by weapons have some sort of inferiority complex.

If someone is going to shoot me, they'll do so before I can shoot them.

I would contend that believing you're powerless to stop those who would harm you indicates a much greater inferiority complex.

hes probably right though. Most of the time people dont see it coming, but the rest of the post contradicted that part of it.

I agreed with the rest of your post though, and overall it was very good. I am impressed with how well you write, how concise your points are.

It seems like a lot of the time when people are in dangerous situations they get out ok by keeping a level head and being smart about their actions. I know I am a very tiny woman and have NO self defense training, I would flee when in danger, without a doubt(if I could). I just try to stick to common sense to prevent being in a bad situation.

#140282 - 01/15/06 11:41 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

I thought that I couldn't be alone in my love for weapons because there is an entire community who love guns, knives, and violence. They are the NRA, most sci-fi nerds, and many movie goers, comic book readers, video game players, cartoon advocats, WWF fans, and most sports fans. I would never want to associate with these people, but none of them (as a direct corrilation) have gone on serial killing sprees. Maybe they are just too pussy to get off their fat asses and kill someone without remorse.

I fit into a few of those categories but I am in no way fascinated with guns or violence. I love video games, and by far one of my favorites is metal gear solid, you get more points for not killing. It rewards being skillful rather than violent(the point of the game is to sneak around without being noticed), and most violent video games want you to kill a force of absolute evil (zombies, monsters, nazis, ect), where you have to kill in order to live. I dont think lumping a bunch of people together does anything to prove your point.

#140283 - 01/15/06 12:46 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Bastard_Child]
Focalor Offline

Holy crap! You must be psychic or something! Miss Cleo ain't got nothin' on you!

Ehhhhhactually..... you're dead wrong.

I've never been charged with or convicted of any felony. I've never been to prison because I'm a law abiding citizen. Jesus you're strange! I say I don't carry a gun in public and that makes me a violent asshole? Whatever. You sound to me like the type who would immediately brandish your weapon before it was neccessary to do so, which in this day and age can get your CWP revoked easily.

I was taught to shoot at a young age. I was also taught to respect firearms, to use them properly, and not to brandish them frivolously. So you're a good shot, good for you. I hope so, because the second an assailant with a firearm sees you produce one, he's going to start shooting even if he had no intention of doing so beforehand.

#140284 - 01/15/06 01:39 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Focalor Offline

Quote:

My point in saying that, which I do admit I did not make perfectly clear, is that if someone is out to shoot me, they will probably do so before I can retreive my handgun from the glove box, flip the safety off, aim, and fire. Most attackers/carjackers with guns do not wish to kill you, at least not immediately. Chances are they want something. Perhaps you aren't willing to take that chance and I understand that.

Quote:

a gun is useless because they'll shoot you first, but you're confident that you will in fact bludgeon them to death with a baseball bat before they shoot you?),

Once again, I didn't make myself perfectly clear. The bat is for multiple attackers who are either unarmed or armed with similar non-projectile weapons themselves. I've been in a situation before where 4 or 5 guys were leaning out the window in traffic harassing me and taunting me to pull over and fight them. I got to thinking, what would happen if they all got out, and dragged me out of my truck? I'm confident I could take on one or two, but four or five I'm not. I'm not Jackie Chan.

I'm not saying guns are useless, otherwise the police would not carry them. I just don't feel the need to carry one on my hip when I'm making a quick run to the grocery store for milk and eggs. First of all, I do my best to stay out of situations where I might need one to protect myself. I stay out of the dangerous parts of the city after dark. If someone else is acting suspicious, I steer clear of them. So far, I've never had to fight anyone, and I intend to keep it that way.

I was merely offering one viewpoint on the subject. If it sounded like I was pegging all gun collectors as being crazy people with childhood issues to work out, know that it was not my intention.

Quote:

Its ironic that you have such "insight" into the mentality of someone who enjoys collecting weapons, but neatly avoided examining what your own attitudes indicate.

I have known a few people who fit my description exactly. That is where I got my insight from. But I can and do legally own a few firearms. I didn't see a need for examining my own attitude. You and Bastard somehow gather that I'm an ex-convict just because I don't carry a gun. That's the first time anyone's ever made a ridiculous accusation of that caliber towards me. Most people think you're a person with a violent history when they find out that you DO have a gun at all times. Sheesh!

#140285 - 01/16/06 09:58 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

I'm not going to bother opening the can of worms over WoMD's or shit like that.

*The crackergirl pokes Pandora in the side encouragingly. "Come on," she says, "open the box. It'll be cool."
I believe you've already opened that can of worms, and I'll tell you why. You can't instigate a dicussion about weaponry and whether or not it's "normal" to like guns, and then completely omit the biggest (and in my opinion BEST) examples of weaponry from the debate. I'm going to take one of your worms and bait my hook with it right now. Let's see if anyone bites.
WMD's are necessary for the advancement of the US. Why? Not only are the scientific exploration aspects of this topic astoundingly interesting and beneficial to all other forms of chemistry, but WMD's scare the hell out of people. What good is an arenal if it doesn't have any balls? The feeling of power that you get from knowing that your gun is bigger than that of the guy who's currently staking out your house for a robbery is overwhelmingly decadent. I would have to dig pretty deep to find someone that didn't agree with that. It's the same reason people choose a Suburban over a Yukon. It's not good for the environment, and it sucks if you get hit by one, but, damn, does it feel good to be behind the wheel in that nice soft leather captain's chair.
Here, fishy, fishy, fishy, fishy!

#140286 - 01/16/06 10:18 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Jesus you're strange!

Who?

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#140287 - 01/16/06 10:32 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: crackergirl]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

WMD's are necessary for the advancement of the US. Why? Not only are the scientific exploration aspects of this topic astoundingly interesting and beneficial to all other forms of chemistry, but WMD's scare the hell out of people

True. I have always felt that warfare and the space race have spured much of our scientific advancements. I mean, I can get a cool titanium driver thanks to NASA!

#140288 - 01/16/06 11:16 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: crackergirl]
blasphemy Offline

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not going to bother opening the can of worms over WoMD's or shit like that.

*The crackergirl pokes Pandora in the side encouragingly. "Come on," she says, "open the box. It'll be cool."
I believe you've already opened that can of worms, and I'll tell you why. You can't instigate a dicussion about weaponry and whether or not it's "normal" to like guns, and then completely omit the biggest (and in my opinion BEST) examples of weaponry from the debate. I'm going to take one of your worms and bait my hook with it right now. Let's see if anyone bites.
WMD's are necessary for the advancement of the US. Why? Not only are the scientific exploration aspects of this topic astoundingly interesting and beneficial to all other forms of chemistry, but WMD's scare the hell out of people. What good is an arenal if it doesn't have any balls? The feeling of power that you get from knowing that your gun is bigger than that of the guy who's currently staking out your house for a robbery is overwhelmingly decadent. I would have to dig pretty deep to find someone that didn't agree with that. It's the same reason people choose a Suburban over a Yukon. It's not good for the environment, and it sucks if you get hit by one, but, damn, does it feel good to be behind the wheel in that nice soft leather captain's chair.
Here, fishy, fishy, fishy, fishy!

WMD's seem to be overkill, especially to the point where they do more obliterating than killing. I think the old saying was "Rome makes a desert and calls it peace" which seems eeriely familiar. I really don't want to get into a political debate, but let me ask of your side on the war presently being pursued? For or against? War in gerenal?

I know that I must look a bit hypocritical to claim I love violence and then say that I disagree with war. I think it's a level of maturity rather than hypocracy; sublimation if you will: I like violence so I read/write violent stories. It has been said that Mortitians are necrophiliacs that sublimate their lust into a profession. In the same vain Stephen King contests that he is a sick man that makes a living off of his truly sick mind; to get help for it via a psycologist would be counterprodctive for business. Thereofore I feel confortable stating that I disagree with war for the most part.

I understand that war in necissary, as is death for progress and rebirth. I know that we wouldn't live the way we do as Americans without our pugnatious attitude. Now, taking this to the level of WMD's straight away is skipping a few things, but for the sake of time.... What you are basically saying, crackergirl, is that we must achieve peace through suprior firepower (which happens to be the title of a new Cradle of Filth DVD). This has its affects to a point, i.e. we build a gun, they (any threatening country/dictator) builds the same guns, we build better guns, they match us, we build grenades, bombs, rockets, lasers on the heads of sharks, etc. until the point we reach WMD's and beyond, and they match us. We feel frightened and threatened, which I imagine they feel as well, as for the reason why we both keep building up and up. That, and we feel like we have balls (like you said earlier). I like balls, as does our president, as do many dictators.

Is there a point when the building upwards is overkill, unnecissary, and dumb? Do we stop when we have a single bomb that can blow the entire planet up, or just a series of warheads that would, when detonated together, would have the same affect? My fear with WMD's is that the people in charge of them have other motives behind them. Not like they are the villians from some Tripple X movie, but more like someone with an itchy trigger finger who likes seeing shit explod, and can't satisfy that urge with GTA.

We may feel better, "safer", and have bigger, sweateir balls than any other country, but are we doing it for the placebo affect? To bluff that we will blow their asses up with our own if they threaten us? I mean, to have a weapon bigger and better than your enemy is one thing, but using it is very different. And to have a weapon without the intention of using it seems like quite an unecissary mind fuck for the people that have to agree with this mind fuck.

This was kind of a rant, and I apologize, but crackergirl wanted to peek inside the worm can. I am far from finished, but unless another worm is needed, I'm going to go eat breakfast and have some target practice.

Ave Satanas

#140289 - 01/16/06 11:33 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: crackergirl]
Mead_Honeywine Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Nuclear technology is cool. Nuclear waste is not. Shoddy inspections and enforcement of safety regulations at power plants and disposal sites is just stupid.

Other countries have nukes, but I'm more worried about local meltdowns and cracked containers then I am at being attacked. Other people's incompetance can kill you.

Then again, if I lived closer to a likely target than a power plant, I might feel differently.

#140290 - 01/16/06 11:37 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Reznor Offline

Quote:

WMD's seem to be overkill, especially to the point where they do more obliterating than killing. I think the old saying was "Rome makes a desert and calls it peace" which seems eeriely familiar.

Certain types of WMD are designed to kill the population of the target area but leave the buildings intact. Scientists can now genetically modify strains of virus and "tailor" them to attack specific types of people. There was a slightly controvertial documentary about the practice on British TV a while back and (apparently) the eggheads had created some pretty scary items. It was claimed that they could create a virus which would only kill people with blonde hair, people with a specific blood group, a specific ethnic group etc.

Thats a pretty scary concept!

I think the program was called "Smart Germs" but I could be wrong.

Oh, and back to the original topic: I collect antique swords, Japanese mainly but I recently branched out and now own some pretty nice European weapons. They are currently hanging from the walls of my UK house.

I dont particularly like handguns, that would be like bringing my work home. I'm pretty fond of horror and slasher/serial killer movies though I'm not sure why. I think it might be a way of confronting an unpleasant subject and learning how to deal with it on a basic level.

Hail Satan!

#140291 - 01/16/06 11:46 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
The problem with building the biggest bomb is simple: If you don't, the other side will!

There will be always someone somewhere with the technology and the will to make a nuke. The only thing stoping them from launching it is knowing someone else has an even bigger one and will rataliate.

As for "a bomb so big that will blow up the planet" that only happens in science fiction. All the nuclear warheads in existence today can explode at the same time and they wouldn't make a dent deep enough to make Earth itch. It would erase civilization as we know it and probably send us humans the way of the dinosaurs... but the planet will keep going fine.

#140292 - 01/16/06 12:19 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I always loved guns. I still do (though I don't own one at this moment)

Guns are magic!

H.R.Giger once said the magic of guns is that they can do things happen at a distance.

The other thing is the aesthetical element. Guns are beautiful, both vintage and modern ones. Their design always combines practical thinking with some dangerous beauty.

One of the most interesting experiences in my life was building a handgun from scratch between my brother and me when we were young. The thing was nothing special, just a one-shot 22 caliber pistol that miraculously never exploded in our hands. My brother made all the working parts in the workshop and we put them together. We had a lot of fun with that gunÖ except that day when he shot me in the knee by accident, but that also was good, because it taught us a lesson about the responsibility that comes with a weapon.

But the greatest was the feeling of empowerment that gives you. Especially, in this case, to know we had created it ourselves. (Or maybe it was to know we had done something naughty and got away with it)

Another thing with guns is that they create strong feelings in almost everyone. I donít know many people who are indifferent to guns. They all either love them or hate them.

Some people have an obsession with guns, they collect them, they admire them, and some ever worship them.

And other people have an irrational hatred for them and blame firearms for every problem in modern society. I think they miss the point. Violence existed long before weapons and humans practiced the art of killing each other with sticks for thousands of years before some Chinese guy invented gunpowder.

So guns are magic.

In some religions, guns are used for their magical attributes. I have seen old rusted guns in Voodoo and Santeria altars. Those are useless as a weapon in the mechanical senseÖ but still dangerous in a symbolical way.

I wonder how many Satanists use guns too as part of a ritual.

#140293 - 01/16/06 12:54 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Old_Pig]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

I wonder how many Satanists use guns too as part of a ritual.

Well...considering that swords and knives are oten used, why not? Could be interesting.

#140294 - 01/16/06 05:07 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
fatebender Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Quote:

I'm a law abiding citizen

Not if you honestly carry a long bladed knife.

#140295 - 01/17/06 12:42 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: fatebender]
Reznor Offline

I agree that some weapons hold a certain beauty and they feel pretty good too. When you hold a loaded weapon in your hand(s) you get an amazing sense of security and confidence.

#140296 - 01/17/06 01:03 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
I like guns too.

#140297 - 01/17/06 01:36 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Reznor]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Quote:

WMD's seem to be overkill, especially to the point where they do more obliterating than killing. I think the old saying was "Rome makes a desert and calls it peace" which seems eeriely familiar.

Certain types of WMD are designed to kill the population of the target area but leave the buildings intact. Scientists can now genetically modify strains of virus and "tailor" them to attack specific types of people. There was a slightly controvertial documentary about the practice on British TV a while back and (apparently) the eggheads had created some pretty scary items. It was claimed that they could create a virus which would only kill people with blonde hair, people with a specific blood group, a specific ethnic group etc.

I think the program was called "Smart Germs" but I could be wrong.

foxdie????

#140298 - 01/17/06 02:06 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: uncleherpe]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Okay, Uncleherpe...I know they say it you shouldn't have to explain the punchline...but You lost me. I want to laugh!

#140299 - 01/17/06 04:15 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Okay, Uncleherpe...I know they say it you shouldn't have to explain the punchline...but You lost me. I want to laugh!

it was just wierd that I mentioned MGS and then the convo went twards WMDs and smart germs.

In the game metal gear solid snake is infected with a virus called 'foxdie' that targets certain genetic groups (you dont find that out till later, so if you havent beated the game dont read the previous paragraph). and the game revolves around stopping a terrorist organization from performing testing on a nuclear tank (metal gear), it has a lot of philosophy mixed in. its a pretty nerdly joke actually.... PLAY THE GAME. IT ROCKS.

#140300 - 01/17/06 04:17 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: fatebender]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Quote:

I'm a law abiding citizen

Not if you honestly carry a long bladed knife.

the bat in the car isnt a good idea either.

Cops will cuff ya if they have any reason to think you are dangerous.

#140301 - 01/17/06 04:44 PM Re: Why do I hate guns? [Re: Old_Pig]
Mead_Honeywine Offline

Quote:

Another thing with guns is that they create strong feelings in almost everyone. I donít know many people who are indifferent to guns. They all either love them or hate them.

I suspect you're right. I hate them. They're loud and bullets are expensive (yes, I have taken a couple opportunities to practice shoot). I hate being in a room where someone else is handling them - unless you personally check that it's unloaded, you don't know that it's unloaded. I hate seeing them on display in gun/hunting shops. Displays are never elegant. You can hang the prettiest firearm on pegboard and it'll look like crap. Most are not pretty to begin with - functional, not pretty. I hate the way they feel in my hand. Of course, the average handgun or rifle probably wasn't designed for a woman who wears child size gloves. I hate the mess they make as empty cartriges fall to the ground and get lost in the grass, only to be located by a lawnmower blade later on.

I have no issue with people who love guns. My purpose in posting was to explain a few reasons one might hate them, since it appears I may be among the few here that do.

One reason I definately don't hate guns is because they kill people. An industrious person can kill as many people indiscriminately with poison as they can with an automatic rifle. So really it's the object itself, and not it's use, that I hate.

#140302 - 01/17/06 06:16 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

"I was merely offering one point of view. Perhaps it's a point of view which has never crossed your mind. Perhaps you've never met a person like I described."

This isn't new or news.

There are plenty of people with similar thinking.

There are even some people who will profess to "not believe" in
guns, as if maybe guns are just like the Easter Bunny or the
Cat in The Hat.

#140303 - 01/17/06 07:22 PM Re: Why do I hate guns? [Re: Mead_Honeywine]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

No...you are not alone. I like the way guns look, and I enjoy guns in movies, but I don't like things that are that loud close to me. I also do not feel I have control over it. I feel the same way about chain saws and power drills. I prefer a screwdriver to a drill, an axe to a chainsaw and a knife to a gun. But I still dig the cinematic violence.

#140304 - 01/17/06 07:27 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: uncleherpe]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Quote:

it was just wierd that I mentioned MGS and then the convo went twards WMDs and smart germs.

In the game metal gear solid snake is infected with a virus called 'foxdie' that targets certain genetic groups (you dont find that out till later, so if you havent beated the game dont read the previous paragraph). and the game revolves around stopping a terrorist organization from performing testing on a nuclear tank (metal gear), it has a lot of philosophy mixed in. its a pretty nerdly joke actually.... PLAY THE GAME. IT ROCKS.

Oh...I see. Thank you. I am more of a Civilization and Sim City man, but your game sounds fun.

#140305 - 01/18/06 07:52 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
Jerome Offline

Holding a loded gun might give you a good feeling if nobody else near you does the same. Once you're in the situation that somebody else also has a loaded gun and that gun is pointing at you, you'll feel different.

I took part in a war and didn't like it one bit. You just get scared most of the time (in addition to being cold, wet and dirty). Killing people also wasn't fun at all. I'm not sorry I did it (if I didn't I would have gotten killed myself), but I didn't like doing it.

#140306 - 01/18/06 09:26 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Personally, I enjoy guns for recreational purposes. Ever since I was a young boy I would browse through magazines to look at all different sizes, shapes, and uses of guns of many sorts because I was considering taking up target shooting for fun.

When I was young, my dad and myself used to shoot clay pigeons a few times after he taught me how to shoot a B.B. gun and a 24 gauge shotgun. It was a lot of fun at that age because it was a new experience for me.

I haven't ever purchased a gun because there is a zero tolerance policy of having a gun collection in my family's house due to my mother's hatred of guns. I do respect them 100% on that policy because it is their house and as long as I reside there until I move out with my girlfriend (who is pro-gun) I have to abide by their rules.

In my opinion, anyone who abuses guns and breaks the law with them on purpose (i.e. robbery, premeditated murder) deserves the harshest, cruelest punishment possible.

#140307 - 01/18/06 02:08 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: G.F.V.]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

"In my opinion, anyone who abuses guns [..]"

Yikes! I didn't clean my rifle once right when I got home from
the range and I felt that I was abusing my firearm.

With penalties like that, I'd clean and oil it every day jut to
avoid getting into trouble.

#140308 - 01/18/06 02:17 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: blasphemy]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

WMD's seem to be overkill, especially to the point where they do more obliterating than killing.

Obliterating and killing is the same thing. I know where youíve drawn the distinction though. Killing=eliminating select peoples within a culture. Obliterating=eliminating an entire culture.
I donít know about you, but what Iíve learned from the violent horror flicks the both of us enjoy so much is that if you donít completely obliterate your enemy, heíll be back bigger and badder in the sequel. Better, we should completely eradicate not only the foe, but the possibility of said foeís return to the realm of causing trouble. If we kill them now, we wonít have to kill them later.

Quote:

I think the old saying was "Rome makes a desert and calls it peace" which seems eeriely familiar.

Monty Pythonís Life of Brian seems eerily familiar.
The US would be equated to Rome in this sense, I think. Since weíre Rome, Iím okay with the desert. My goal is not and never has been peace. My goal is making life more comfortable, and since I live her in the US, I would be in support of any war the US instigates that causes American life to be more pleasurable.

Quote:

I really don't want to get into a political debate,

Anyone who says things like this always supersedes this type of statement with a sentence that intentionally sparks a political debate. Iím predicting that the next word will be ďbut.Ē

Quote:

but

See?

Quote:

let me ask of your side on the war presently being pursued? For or against? War in gerenal?

Iím not presently pursuing any war. Iím going to law school.
Iím for this war. This war has caused gas prices to go up dramatically, and since I drive an SUV (when I feel like riding around in a vehicle that has more balls than my Grand Am), Iím really feeling the price gouging. I pay more than a hundred bucks a tank now, and, you know what? Iím fine with that! Why? Because the price gouging will ultimately lead to more environmentally and economically efficient advancements in alternative energy sources. There are hydrogen-powered vehicles now, and theyíre not being made available to the public due to the governmentís unwillingness to budge from their ďgive the oil companies what they wantĒ stance. Itís a cowardly and disgusting practice. The government is refusing researchers in the alternative energy source field grants for research and development. They do this because the oil companies have threatened to jack up the prices even more if these alternative energies are being allowed to flourish. Iím a capitalist at heart, and I believe that some competition in the marketplace would be great for our economy. Giving the oil companies a run for their money would be an awesome thing. When the oil prices get too high for the consumers, theyíre going to start pitching a huge fit. The government will have to fork over that grant money then, and it will be put to good use whether or not the big oil companies agree. Our government has been cravenly bowing down and cowering before the oil companies for too long. Something has to be done. This war may spark a change and deter the energy crisis not only in America, but all over the world.
Another reason I support this war is because weíre bringing capitalism to the rest of the world. True capitalism can only be present in a democratic society because a democratic society supports competition. A dictatorship cannot be truly capitalistic due to that fact. When we work on bringing democracy and capitalism to other parts of the world, weíre opening up the possibility for trade with those nations. The more trade we engage in, the more money we have moving around the world. The more money in circulation, the better it is for all of us. More money means people will spend extra for better products and stop paying for the junk. When a product becomes cheap and out-dated, people will spend more to get the latest more efficient version. More money circulating means more money being spent. More money being spent means a stronger, richer America.

Quote:

I know that I must look a bit hypocritical to claim I love violence and then say that I disagree with war. I think it's a level of maturity rather than hypocracy; sublimation if you will: I like violence so I read/write violent stories. It has been said that Mortitians are necrophiliacs that sublimate their lust into a profession. In the same vain Stephen King contests that he is a sick man that makes a living off of his truly sick mind; to get help for it via a psycologist would be counterprodctive for business. Thereofore I feel confortable stating that I disagree with war for the most part.

It is hypocritical in a sense, but, you see, these are just movies. When you apply the same scenario to real life, you get quite a different outcome. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my favorite movie. I think itís great. However, if I was being hacked up by Leatherface, I would have a slightly different view of this situation. There is a difference between what you see in movies and what you see in real life. When it affects you personally, your views are different. One is just entertainment, the other is fact. As weíre focusing on the fact part right now (FACTóthere is a war going on), I think we should scrap the instance of these on-screen shenanigans for now. If youíd like to discuss the affect these movies might have on our society, then weíll do that later, but for nowÖ

Quote:

I understand that war in necissary, as is death for progress and rebirth. I know that we wouldn't live the way we do as Americans without our pugnacious attitude.

Now, I wouldnít call it pugnacious. I would refer to it more as a defensive attitude. Weíre defending our way of life, and our right to live it. The Iraqi government broke the contracts they signed. The British during the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 encroached on our well-being and the contracts they signed during the former. We havenít instigated war here. We were attacked. We were given the shaft on some political deals, and we adorned ourselves with armor as a result.

Quote:

Now, taking this to the level of WMD's straight away is skipping a few things, but for the sake of time.... What you are basically saying, crackergirl, is that we must achieve peace through suprior firepower (which happens to be the title of a new Cradle of Filth DVD).

What I am basically saying has nothing to do with peace. Peace is a stupid pipe dream. Itís an immature ďpie in the skyĒ goal and will never be achieved. My goal is money and power and thatís all that really matters in war and in politics in general. The whole ďgive peace a chanceĒ thing is very naÔve, and Iím not naÔve, so I would never advocate such a thing. To secure money and power, we must create war. If Iíve made any reference to a need for peace, I would like to retract that statement right now. Trouble is, Iím not the kind of person that would hippie around all day preaching the need for peace, so I doubt youíll find that reference anywhere. I have a bumper sticker on my car that says ďCapitalist Oppressor.Ē It suits me well.

Quote:

This has its affects to a point, i.e. we build a gun, they (any threatening country/dictator) builds the same guns, we build better guns, they match us, we build grenades, bombs, rockets, lasers on the heads of sharks, etc. until the point we reach WMD's and beyond, and they match us. We feel frightened and threatened, which I imagine they feel as well, as for the reason why we both keep building up and up. That, and we feel like we have balls (like you said earlier). I like balls, as does our president, as do many dictators.

This is a nonpoint in that, yes, it is an endless cycle. The key word here is ENDLESS. Just try and stop it, and youíll end up with one of those big guns pointed in your direction. We have to be brutal and we have to constantly advance weapons technology in order to survive. If we donít kill them, they will us, and Iím more inclined to favor my own life over ANYONE elseís ESPECIALLY people I donít know. (and ESPECIALLY people who think itís okay to kill for ďGod.Ē Money is a much more important reason to kill someone, I think).

Quote:

Is there a point when the building upwards is overkill, unnecissary, and dumb?

Maybe, if you think that self defense is dumb.

Quote:

Do we stop when we have a single bomb that can blow the entire planet up, or just a series of warheads that would, when detonated together, would have the same affect? My fear with WMD's is that the people in charge of them have other motives behind them. Not like they are the villians from some Tripple X movie, but more like someone with an itchy trigger finger who likes seeing shit explod, and can't satisfy that urge with GTA.

There are people like that now who have access to bigger munitions units than youíve ever seen. Doesnít it give you a tiny bit of security knowing that we can at least avenge your death if you happen to become a casualty of war? I think Iíd like the idea of my country bowing down to the guys with the big guns a lot less than I like the idea of my country fighting back with better and smarter weapons systems.

Quote:

We may feel better, "safer", and have bigger, sweateir balls than any other country, but are we doing it for the placebo affect? To bluff that we will blow their asses up with our own if they threaten us?

In a poker game, if you win by bluffing, itís still winning. You donít have to give the chips back. A placebo? Maybe, but if a person who ďsuffersĒ from depression is given a placebo and feels better, this placebo isnít really a placebo in a way. Iím not as concerned with the process of procuring the spoils of war as I am with the spoils themselves. Sometimes ethical codes need to take a back seat.

Quote:

I mean, to have a weapon bigger and better than your enemy is one thing, but using it is very different. And to have a weapon without the intention of using it seems like quite an unecissary mind fuck for the people that have to agree with this mind fuck.

It is just a mind fuck. Thatís true, but I will not agree with your saying itís unnecessary. If youíre so concerned with peace, you should realize that this mind fuck has saved our asses in many instances from war.

Quote:

This was kind of a rant, and I apologize, but crackergirl wanted to peek inside the worm can.

And when she did, blasphemy followed suit and baited a hook too. Welcome to the pier, brother. I like to have a fishing partner once in a while.
Quote:

I am far from finished, but unless another worm is needed, I'm going to go eat breakfast and have some target practice.

Whatcha having? The fish we caught earlier? Iím going to cook mine for lunch. Enjoy your meal.

#140309 - 01/18/06 02:43 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: RandomStranger]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

"In my opinion, anyone who abuses guns [..]"

Yikes! I didn't clean my rifle once right when I got home from
the range and I felt that I was abusing my firearm.

With penalties like that, I'd clean and oil it every day jut to
avoid getting into trouble.

Hmmm...I think the Catholics believe it is a sin to oil ones own gun, no? I know...but it was there, and someone was bound to say it. I'll be the immature one today. I do agree with MetalBob, though.

#140310 - 01/18/06 06:14 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh...I see. Thank you. I am more of a Civilization and Sim City man, but your game sounds fun.

Its a whole different style. The mgs I was talking about is on gamecube and original playstation..... though both games let you benefit from planning and strategy. Check out the game forum sometime, Im gonna stop discussing this here because its pretty OT.

#140311 - 01/18/06 06:41 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

You sound to me like the type who would immediately brandish your weapon before it was neccessary to do so, which in this day and age can get your CWP revoked easily.

Hmmmmm....gee I guess that is why I carried for nine years and never had a citation, arrest or even so much as a report, and if I had drawn my sidearm from my shoulder holster their would be a DEAD motherfucker as a result of that action, AND THAT WOULD BE MUCH MORE FUCKED UP IF I DID NOT HAVE TOTAL JUSTIFICATION TO DO IT YOU STUPID FUCK! I'd be looking at a deliberate homicide charge you ignorant YUTZ. DRAW MY WEAPON UNNECCESSARILY???? Unlike you, I am not an ignorant piece of dog shit that would even CONTEMPLATE such stupity, unlike YOU! But you contemplated it didn't you? Assholes that go looking for trouble end up finding it, as they are misdirected masochists that need an ass kicking for something that they feel guilty about doing in their past. What did you do?
BC

#140312 - 01/18/06 07:01 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: uncleherpe]
Focalor Offline

There's no law that prohibits me from having a baseball bat in my truck. Hey, I like baseball. What if I had an axe or a maul? It could be used as a deadly weapon too. But plenty of landscapers and construction laborers drive around town with these types of things in their trucks. Police only confiscate these items when they find drugs or you're doing something really wrong. In such cases they normally charge you with something to the effect of "possession of a weapon while commiting a crime". They won't arrest me for simply having a baseball bat in my vehicle. There is no specific law against it.

Yes, I know that cops will cuff you if they think you're dangerous. I was pulled over once for speeding. I wasn't familiar with the road and didn't pay attention to the speed limit sign. This happened out in rural backwoods middle-of-nowheresville Georgia. The cop asked me to step out of the car. He gave me a breathalyzer, which I passed because I had not been drinking. While he was writing the ticket, I slipped both of my hands into my pockets. He asked me to remove them. I did. He asked me a few questions, and without thinking about it, I put my hands back into my pockets. Again he asked me to remove them. I did. He asked me a few more questions. Once again I slipped my hands back into my pockets. Hey, I was nervous, I was getting a ticket from a cop. He then jumped at me, grabbed my arms, spun me around and slammed me against the trunk of my car and started knee-butting me in the ribs while putting cuffs on me and radioing for backup. He then emptied my pockets and frisked me for weapons. He only wrote me a ticket for speeding and sent me on my merry way. Moral of the story: when a cop says keep your hands out of your pockets, try to remember to do it.

#140313 - 01/18/06 07:33 PM pic; [Re: Bastard_Child]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

I don't know what happened to the pic I tried to put up here?

Attachments
320633-Howdafugowyah.JPG (27 downloads)

#140314 - 01/18/06 07:38 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Bastard_Child]
Focalor Offline

Quote:

AND THAT WOULD BE MUCH MORE FUCKED UP IF I DID NOT HAVE TOTAL JUSTIFICATION TO DO IT YOU STUPID FUCK!

Justification? And I suppose you have a shred of justification for assuming I have a criminal record when you've never even met me and I've never made a single comment about any crime I have supposedly commited in my past... or even wished to commit, for that matter.

Quote:

DRAW MY WEAPON UNNECCESSARILY???? Unlike you, I am not an ignorant piece of dog shit that would even CONTEMPLATE such stupity, unlike YOU!

Wow! Such language! Curse away if you makes you feel better, tough stuff with perfect aim. Because "unlike you", I really don't care.

Quote:

But you contemplated it didn't you?

No. Next question, please.

Quote:

Assholes that go looking for trouble end up finding it, as they are misdirected masochists that need an ass kicking for something that they feel guilty about doing in their past.

I don't feel guilty about anything at the moment... Wait a second, yeah I do. I ate a piece of bread and went off my Atkin's diet. OH WOE IS ME!!!

Quote:

What did you do?

I didn't do anything. Calm down, Mr. T. Don't get your blood pressure up over someone like me, a "yutz" (whatever that means). You know what, fine, I retract that statement and apologize for it. But in it's place I'd like to say that now you just sound like a very bitter and disgruntled person with an easily triggered temper. You've made it clear that all you're capable of doing here is inserting a few intelligible words between broken strands of curse words and juvenile cutdowns. This is going nowhere. Rant about something else now because I'm not reading any more of this tiring crapola.

#140315 - 01/18/06 07:53 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Most people think you're a person with a violent history when they find out that you DO have a gun at all times. Sheesh!

Not where I live, it is the norm. That is why badasses don't live here for very long because aren't they totally taken aback when grandma pulls a .44mag and tells them to freeze or she is going violently neuter the bitch? DAMN! The VERY SAME DAY that they enacted the concealed carry law in Hialeah Florida, CARJACKING CAPITAL OF OUR NATION AT THE TIME, carjacking incidences almost EVAPORATED overnight. I guess the chicken shit cowards that pull that shit aren't too up for a hole in their anatomy, and since they no longer can rely on the driver to be unarmed, they don't DO IT! (DUH??) If say YOU were to try to carjack my ride you had better just shoot me dead and take the car, or I am going to very SWIFTLY RIDDLE YOUR ASS, as I am HIGHLY TRAINED as a WEAPONS EXPERT, and I know how to kill with these weapons, BUT ONLY IF I ABSOLUTELY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE TO END THE CONFRONTATION WITHOUT SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH TO MY PERSON. BTW genius, the same laws apply to concealed carry KNIVES that are over 6" long in this state. I have had police officers discover I was carrying on a traffic stop, call in my permit, tell me have a nice day, because I immediately informed the officer I had the weapon the second I was stopped. No biggie deal at all. It is commonplace here, and our homicide rate is probably much lower than where you live. What planet is this "whatever" from? Do you look like that because you crave attention that you didn't get from your Mommy when you were a little boy. I am like a Ninja in the night. Can't hurt what you can't see MUTHA! NOBODY wants to screw with ME! Some tried, AND SOME DIED! Poor baby, everyone is picking on him. Boo hoo HOO! GO AWAY! POSER LOSER!

#140316 - 01/18/06 07:59 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: fatebender]
Focalor Offline

I only, quote, "carry" a long bladed knife while I'm at work. I have a double edged insulation knife (commonly called a "duct knife") that I use on the job. I don't run to the store for milk and eggs with my insulation knife hooked on my belt. I mean I like my job and all, but not THAT much. The rest of the time, it sits in my tool bag on the passenger seat of my truck. It is never concealed, therefore it is not illegal.

#140317 - 01/18/06 08:02 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

I was baiting you for a response genius. Worked too didn't? At least now I can assume that perhaps you are telling us the truth about your past. THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT SPORT!
FO&

#140318 - 01/18/06 08:58 PM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

"Hmmm...I think the Catholics believe it is a sin to oil ones own gun, no?"

I see we are still not clear on a few of the core issues here.

Repeat after me:

This is my compiler,
This is my gun.

This one's for fighting;
This one's for fun.

#140319 - 01/19/06 01:58 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Focalor]
uncleherpe Offline

I never said it was illegal to have a bat in your car. I simply said it was a bad idea. And you pretty much agreed.

#140320 - 01/19/06 09:39 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: uncleherpe]
Mead_Honeywine Offline

Quote:

Scientists can now genetically modify strains of virus and "tailor" them to attack specific types of people. There was a slightly controvertial documentary about the practice on British TV a while back and (apparently) the eggheads had created some pretty scary items. It was claimed that they could create a virus which would only kill people with blonde hair, people with a specific blood group, a specific ethnic group etc.

As the technology improves, it becomes useful in multiple areas. The fact that they can do this seems to indicate progress is being made in the field of genetic research. That isn't a bad thing.

#140321 - 01/19/06 10:11 AM Re: Why do I like guns? [Re: Mead_Honeywine]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Quote:

Scientists can now genetically modify strains of virus and "tailor" them to attack specific types of people. There was a slightly controvertial documentary about the practice on British TV a while back and (apparently) the eggheads had created some pretty scary items. It was claimed that they could create a virus which would only kill people with blonde hair, people with a specific blood group, a specific ethnic group etc.

As the technology improves, it becomes useful in multiple areas. The fact that they can do this seems to indicate progress is being made in the field of genetic research. That isn't a bad thing.

Once again, the art of war moves science along, causing the development of things that will be useful in other areas. Hail Science!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405796 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements