Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#140588 - 01/14/06 07:56 PM Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they?
InfesT Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
okay i was just browsing google videos earlier today, and i found this peice of crap.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7264206937159538355&q=anton+lavey

i dont know if this has been posted before, but this revolting peice of ignorant shit is what is wrong with society... why to people scapegoat things? I mean the propaganda in it is so obvious, like the second they say satanism they show people being beaten, cruel acts... it just pisses me off, satanists do not believe in cruel acts of any kind. but they blame every disaster in that video on satanists. it also says we hate all other religeons. I have many friends that are christians, jewish, islamic, ect. i couldnt care less, its ther choice, so be it. I know there are some versions of old time satanist mabye some present people that actually want to be the counter part of "god" but that is not what anton lavey wanted at all. then when they actually start explaing what satanism REALLY is, they throw in some lies... such as "satanist think of themsellves as animals, the think assault bloodshed and rape is right..." what the fuck? Doesnt i specificly say in the satanic bible rape is looked down upon, and killing is not right unless needed? Bah, but it is halarious when they say "people who blindly follow darwins theory and call themselves scientists.." HAHAHAH wow... some people dont relise sometihng even when theres SO much proof. Also, look at the quotes, the quotes that arnt bad or say anything wrong are from peoples of the Church of Satan... when u see the bad quote saying were justs like facists, its by the authors of lords of chaos... wow (btw im typing as im watching it) when they say satantic bands like "cradle of filth" and show a picture of marlyn manson... u cant help but laugh. *sigh* well just wanted to see your opinions...

ps. im not a master on a computer, so please ignore my spelling and grammar errors, thanks.

Edited by InfesT (01/14/06 08:04 PM)

#140589 - 01/14/06 08:17 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: InfesT]
pitzi_83 Offline

Loc: Israel
I couldn't help but laugh when they showed Merlin Manson, and
the following headbangers. Gebels would have been proud.

My opinion on this matter is this: The people that listen to
such things are idiots to begin with. The people that make
these kind of things are in it for control.

Unless they actually threat you, laugh at them. play them.
do as you will.

"Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all
these years!" - TSB

#140590 - 01/14/06 09:19 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: InfesT]
Inquisitor Offline

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
This video is full of irrelevant symbology typical of christian stupidity. I think it was a wrong move on their behalf to actually name the website of The Church of Satan in the video. They can't back any of the video up if someone actually reads the material on the site.

It makes me wonder; Did the misguided "satanists" that worship the devil and act like the idiots in the video come BEFORE or AFTER the church portrayed Satanism to be this way? I believe they are making their own battle with any individual with a modicum of angst and rebellion. As soon as the (most probably) teenager sees a video like this, they will take that angst and rebellion and turn it into specifically what is shown on the video. The church is the one turning people into these devil worshipping fools, not the deity Satan.

Points on the video; What has the KKK, Swaztika and Freemasons have to do with Satanism? 19.30 minutes into the video, they completely contradict most of what has been said throughout the minutes leading up to it. Since when has rape been considered "right" by animals? I never knew Marilyn Manson was the lead singer of Cradle of Filth...

It's quite funny how they play doom music every time Charles Darwin is mentioned.

Just remember everyone; Satanists should realise that Satan is a deciever. When you are raised from the dead on the last day, Satan will reject his foolish followers and abandon them.

#140591 - 01/14/06 10:47 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: InfesT]
uncleherpe Offline

"then when they actually start explaing what satanism REALLY is, they throw in some lies... "

Im suprised you expected an informed opinion from random people.

I certainly wouldnt.

#140592 - 01/15/06 12:06 AM And this surprises you how? [Re: InfesT]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I know you are interested in Satanism and seing things that
are anti-Satanism probably "gets your goat" a little.

The video link you posted is from an Islamic web site.

That should tell you plenty.

Take a deep breath; count to ten; have a good laugh at their
ignorance and relax a little.

#140593 - 01/15/06 03:05 AM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: InfesT]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
I haven't watched the video. I wouldn't bother because I've seen it all before.

But regarding your statement:

>>i couldnt care less, its ther choice, so be it. I know there are some versions of old time satanist mabye some present people that actually want to be the counter part of "god" but that is not what anton lavey wanted at all.<<

You are quite wrong on this. I've quoted this before in response to such assertions and I will use it again here:

"There can be no room for this ecumenical attitude of, 'well, if God works for them and makes them happy, it won't hurt me to let them go on believing it.' But it does hurt you. When there are that many people in positions of authority thinking muddled thoughts it's going to effect you. To completely over-throw mystically orientated religions, Satanists choose active opposition. We don't need to show any tolerance or good fellowship to these sheep now that we're calling the shots."

Anton Szandor LaVey - quoted from The Church of Satan by Blanche Barton.

Reading this book would benefit anyone who wants to know what The Church of Satan is about.

#140594 - 01/15/06 02:19 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: InfesT]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I just wanted to point out to people that this particular video was produced by Muslims, not Christians.

Thanks for that quotation, UVray.

How to respond to the stupidities, superstitions, and the misinformation of other religions is a tricky matter, particularly when those religions are being stupid about Satanism. As I see it, the best overall approach is neither one of staunch "debunking" like the Wiccans engage in (because that's whiny and co-dependent), nor is it one of Unitarian-style acceptance and tolerance (because that opens one up to being destroyed or trampled on), nor is it one of devoted, eternal, warlike opposition, like one sees with the jihadist Muslims (because that's self-righteous, often pretentious, and co-dependent).

There's a reason why the CoS and Satanists in general don't write an angry letter every time a Muslim or Christian figure or organization badmouths Satanism, and don't try to get a spot on every point-counterpoint Christian-themed show.

But, there's also a reason why Satanists should not say "eh, live and let live" with regards to those who absolutely don't want to grant Satanists the same privilege.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#140595 - 01/15/06 02:39 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: InfesT]
Kaahi Offline

Ooh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who stumbled across said video. However, I can't say I took offense to this video... I actually found it quite funny, and a few weeks after discovering the video, I invited a friend of mine over and entertained her with it. It proves to be a piece of comedy to someone who understands at least the basic principles of Satanism.

Don't let it get to you. The only reason why it should offend you is either:
a) You are waiting to adopt a persecution complex.
b) Silly music, sub-par computer animation, and a general ignorance for aesthetics really, really works itself under your skin.

As my friend and I watched this video, she started laughing incredibly hard. She is an ex-Wiccan (still follows the beliefs of Wicca, but hates Wiccans), and she was able to show me which things were obviously Wiccan and not Satanic, though I was able to recognize this on my own. One rather funny thing, however, is that she recognized a clip from an older movie... It's that clip where the people are lighting paper on fire in a bottle, then smashing it. I forgot the title of the movie, but their selection in footage is comedic.

So, watch this video with a light heart. As Satanists, we know what assumptions many followers of the right-hand path are bound to make about us. What good would it do us to sit around and bitch, moan, cry, and whine about it? It would be a waste of energy, frankly, and as TrojZyr said, co-dependence seems to be quite a large fault of Wiccans... Why make it one of ours? They thrive on their persecution complexes. Why should we worry ourselves with what Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. misconceive us to be? They're no threat to my beliefs. They won't shake them... What about yours?
----------
EDIT: Addition to Post--
Now, I was hunting for video material of Satanism admittedly when I found the very video that you posted, and that was the only video up that wasn't of some teenage kids simply saying "lawlz mike iz liek satan." Video.google.com is still in it's beta phase, but they've added quite a lot. Now, if you type "Satanic" into your search query, you get more programs much like the one posted. My favorite thusfar is this one. I almost feel bad for the poor little sheepy about 23:45 into the video. Says he's Christian and all, but the interviewer is basically saying "YOU SINNED. GOD REJECTS YOU."

Said program is about Satanic influence in rock music. It's pretty dull and far-fetched, at least until you get about... 5:40 into the video. There's an interview with Agent Malebranche that's pretty fun to watch... Belittles the condescending interviewer with a bit of sarcasm, which is just... entertaining to say the least. It's great. The interviewer says "When you say they're not Satanists, does that mean they're not doubting enough?" Agent Malebranche laughs a little and says sarcastically "Yeah, they're not doubting enough." Oooootherwise, the rest of the video is all about the Biblical Satan, and yada yada yada... Only other video I can find on video.google.com at the moment that has anything to do with the CoS... and still, it's very little.

Edited by Kaahi (01/16/06 02:40 AM)

#140596 - 01/15/06 09:30 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: InfesT]
chandler Offline

Loc: TX, US
Thanks for posting that. I found it amusing. These sort of Dark Age intellectuals always have a way with words and images that helps to disguise the poor referencing and illogic of their arguments. I suppose his whole agenda is to maintain his personal illusion while making money. I don't think his obtuse idiocy is hurting the movement at all. I think it is a titilating documentary, though it is quite inaccurate on every important point. Sort of like the Lord of the Rings or a bit of science fiction. It makes it more entertaining that he probably believes what he's saying.

#140597 - 01/17/06 12:36 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: Inquisitor]
LiquidFire Offline

Loc: Sweden
Quote:

It's quite funny how they play doom music every time Charles Darwin is mentioned.

that I think was the most wired, thing about this video,it looks like they are trying to make Darwin into a satanic .
quit funny I think.

#140598 - 01/17/06 05:32 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: Kaahi]
Achilles Offline

For the first video, what left me confused was how it started from bashing Satanism and ended with bashing the teachings of Evolution in schools.

The agenda is very obvious.

Quote:

My favorite thusfar is this one.

Nice video.

Since when was Aleister Crowley the High Priest of modern Satanism?

These videos get funnier and funnier.

I loved the Church of Satan interview. Awesome job.

#140599 - 01/18/06 05:17 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: InfesT]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Just saw the video.

Things that made me laugh:

They showed the band Kiss during scenes about the evils of Darwinism.

(Incidentally, my understanding is that actual Islamic teaching doesn't give two shits about evolution. The Qu'ran certainly doesn't have a creation story. I presume that the sudden Islamic fascination with "Darwinism" is due to hanging out with Christians too much.)

They showed images of the KKK and from the movie "the Craft," which is about psycho-Wiccans.

They showed scary images of mean ol' predatory animals, and quoted Vexen Crabtree a lot, but failed to notice that Vexen Crabtree's totem animal is....the squirrel.

They showed completely random footage of riots, Klan gatherings, and different types of occultists for emotional impact.

The bad computer animation of that ritual chamber, with it's "motion sensor" skull.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#140600 - 01/18/06 06:20 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: TrojZyr]
uncleherpe Offline

I thought that jews, muslims and christians all shared the old testament (along w/genesis), so I would think muslims would have an opinion about evolution. I'm not super educated on these matters either.

#140601 - 01/18/06 07:08 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: uncleherpe]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

I thought that jews, muslims and christians all shared the old testament (along w/genesis), so I would think muslims would have an opinion about evolution. I'm not super educated on these matters either.

The Jews and Christians both have The same Old Testament. The Muslims do not. They were told, if I am correct, to respect "those of the book"...Christians and Jews; but, I am sure that is for political reasons.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#140602 - 01/18/06 08:22 PM Re: Wow, people really like to use scapegoating dont they? [Re: uncleherpe]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

No, actually the Muslims do not share the old testament, but some of the stories of the Qur'an are very similar to some ofthe stories in the bible. They do belive that Allah created man from clay and called him Adam, gave him a wife and put them in a garden. Satan was created at the same time, in order to tempt Adam with the fruit of the tree. So, they do believe in creation, pretty much the same way as the Jews and Christians.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12106 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405520 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements