Topic Options
#142069 - 01/24/06 11:49 AM whats up?
nemesis Offline

Loc: nashville tn, greensboro nc
i was wondering if the cos is in ny or is that just a grotto now? i wrote a letter to the cos a while back and never got a response. what can i expect to recieve from the cos after affiliating and when i do will i be able to meet some of the more prestigious persons in the church and attend service? thats what i look forward to is service. and can you help me with a few other questions like how to see the picture and a few questions on how to apply the philosophy or principles to everyday life? thanx

#142070 - 01/24/06 12:01 PM Re: whats up? [Re: nemesis]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

i was wondering if the cos is in ny or is that just a grotto now?

CoS headquarters is now located in New York.

Quote:

i wrote a letter to the cos a while back and never got a response.

Be patient. There is a lot of mail to be processed.

Quote:

what can i expect to recieve from the cos after affiliating and when i do will i be able to meet some of the more prestigious persons in the church and attend service?

What you get from affiliation will be comensurate with what you put in. As for meeting other members, that will be up to you and those other members to work out between yourselves. There are no "services". That is not the way the CoS operates.

Quote:

thats what i look forward to is service.

I guess you are out of luck then. If you become a member, and subsequently join a grotto there may be group functions to attend but the CoS does not have weekly meetings of the members to exhort them to Satanic behavior. We have neither the time, nor the inclination,for that nonsense.

Quote:

and can you help me with a few other questions like how to see the picture

What picture?

Quote:

and a few questions on how to apply the philosophy or principles to everyday life?

If you can't figure that out on your own you are not cut out for the CoS.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#142071 - 01/24/06 06:09 PM Re: whats up? [Re: nemesis]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
> i wrote a letter to the cos a while back and never got a response.

We don't respond to every letter we receive; in fact, we respond to very few as almost everything a non-CoS member needs to know is right there on our website, and you seem to have found that.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#142072 - 01/25/06 12:14 PM Re: whats up? [Re: MagisterRose]
nemesis Offline

the, picture, as in the satanic bible that a practising, satanist, sees the picture. and, LaVey used to have, church services, when he was, alive and the [unauthorized site name deleted], shows something, about, church services. thank you for the infernal criticsm,i look up to you all at the Church of Satan.

Edited by MagisterParadise (01/25/06 03:24 PM)

#142073 - 01/25/06 01:17 PM Re: whats up? [Re: nemesis]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The Satanic Bible isn't illustrated, so it's quite beyond me what picture you might refer to. The portrait of Dr. LaVey on the back cover was most likely taken in his home. Dr. LaVey never held "church services;" if you've seen video or photos of him officiating ritual, they were rituals conducted in his home, and the participants were by invite only.

The "666 Club" has absolutely nothing to do with the Church of Satan. Any photos you've seen there are of questionable origin and certainly questionable relevance to the Church of Satan.

There is no brick and mortar "Church of Satan", no services are conducted, because we have no need of "weekly devotion." It's not how we operate, because it has no place in Satanism.

#142074 - 01/25/06 01:25 PM Re: whats up? [Re: nemesis]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

the, picture, as in the satanic bible that a practising, satanist, sees the picture. and, LaVey used to have, church services, when he was, alive and the 666 club, shows something, about, church services. thank you for the infernal criticsm,i look up to you all at the Church of Satan.

What's up? Apparently, commas are.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#142075 - 01/25/06 01:29 PM Re: whats up? [Re: nemesis]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

the, picture, as in the satanic bible that a practising, satanist, sees the picture.

If you don't understand it on your own, no one can teach you.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#142076 - 01/25/06 02:32 PM Re: whats up? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
nemesis Offline

, the photos, and movies are authentic,, go, to, [unauthorized site name deleted], on the search, ingene and then go to media, after, you enter the site, and, watch the media.

Edited by MagisterParadise (01/25/06 03:23 PM)

#142077 - 01/25/06 02:38 PM Re: whats up? [Re: nemesis]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

It does not change the fact that these were not "services" in the Christian sense of the term.

You are making a nuisance of yourself. It is painfully obvious that you do not understand what the Church of Satan, and Satanism, is really about. What you want it to be is not what it is.

Go away!

John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#142078 - 01/25/06 05:05 PM read [Re: MagisterRose]
nemesis Offline

i am merely asking questions to further my understanding of my personal religion, i asked those questions because you all are high ups in the cos. i can perform my own services. i just wanted to know whats going on.

#142079 - 01/25/06 06:49 PM Re: read [Re: nemesis]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

i am merely asking questions to further my understanding of my personal religion, i asked those questions because you all are high ups in the cos. i can perform my own services. i just wanted to know whats going on.

How do you know it is your personal religion if you admittedly do not understand it yet?
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

Forum Stats
12024 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405256 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements