Topic Options
#143523 - 02/02/06 10:54 PM Just a couple questions from the new guy.
Phex Offline

Loc: Midwest
First off, I would like to mention that I DID look in the FAQs for my questions, and also used that nifty search tool, but with no luck. Anyway's here we go- When I log back on after being gone for...uh, a day or something, what do the red numbers in the replies section mean? I notice that those are usually boards I have posted in, but not always. And sometimes certain subjects are highlighted in a strange grayish/white color. That's about all I got for now, I have one more I _just_ thought of, but it may be in the FAQ. If not, I'll be back here. Thanks.

#143524 - 02/02/06 10:58 PM Re: Just a couple questions from the new guy. [Re: Phex]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The red number in parentheses next in the replies column indicates the number of new replies since you last viewed that forum.

#143525 - 02/02/06 11:04 PM Re: Just a couple questions from the new guy. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Phex Offline

It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not I myself have made a post in it?

#143526 - 02/03/06 01:08 AM Re: Just a couple questions from the new guy. [Re: Phex]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

None whatsoever, only how many new posts have been made since you last viewed the forum. Try viewing a forum, then hit "Main Index." That forum should no longer have the red number indicating any new posts, since you just viewed it. If you return later, you might see that several new posts are made and the number is given. This is to give you an idea where a lot of activity has taken place, if you care to see what's going on, and also to save you from having to view all forums individually to see if there have been new posts.

#143527 - 02/03/06 11:28 AM Re: Just a couple questions from the new guy. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Phex Offline

Ah...neat-o. Now, if there is a little padlock picture next to the message board topic, I take it that you are fine to read it, but no more replies are to be made to it...Just got done reading some guy named "Loderunner" I think get smacked down for asking annoying questions repeatedly. Wanted to add something to it but couldn't find the reply link. And that little picture of a thumb tack means that post stays up near the top. If I'm right about this then hopefully I'm starting to get used to message boards.

#143528 - 02/03/06 05:02 PM Re: Just a couple questions from the new guy. [Re: Phex]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

By George, I think he's got it.

Forum Stats
12017 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements