Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#145187 - 02/14/06 04:16 PM Pagan Mysteries?
Lust Offline

Exactly where the Vatican stands today, and right where The Pope holds mass, is the same place where countless Pagans held there rites. What I find even more interesting is the similarities in these two religions. It is very comical, and if it were to catch on I wonder if we could start calling "Jesus" Osiris-Dionysus.

Maybe they are the same thing, and the Christians were just stronger in numbers. I have a collective word for the both of them...Bullshit!

I studied the various versions of the myth of Osiris-Dionysus, the more it became obvious that the story of Jesus had all the characteristics of this perennial tale. Event by event, I found I was able to construct Jesus' supposed biography from mythic motifs previously relating to Osiris-Dionysus:

- Osiris-Dionysus is God made flesh, the savior and 'Son of God.'
- His father is God and his mother is a mortal virgin.
- He is born in a cave or humble cowshed on 25 December before three shepherds.
- He offers his followers the chance to be born again through the rites of baptism.
- He miraculously turns water into wine at a marriage ceremony.
- He rides triumphantly into town on a donkey while people wave palm leaves to honor him.
- He dies at Easter-time as a sacrifice for the sins of the world.
- After his death he descends to hell, then on the third day he rises from the dead and ascends to heaven in glory.
- His followers await his return as the judge during the Last Days.
- His death and resurrection are celebrated by a ritual meal of bread and wine which symbolize his body and blood.

These are just some of the motifs shared between the tales of Osiris-Dionysus and the "biography" of Jesus. Why are these remarkable similarities not common knowledge? Because, as we were to discover later, the early Roman Church did everything in its power to prevent us of perceiving them. It systematically destroyed Pagan sacred literature in a brutal program of eradicating the Mysteries -- a task it performed so completely that today Paganism is regarded as a "dead" religion.

Now what this leaves me wondering. What were the Mysteries the Pagans were hiding? To me this sets the word Occult into motion. If anyone has this knowledge bring it to the table I would like a piece of it.

Edited by tier_instinct (02/14/06 04:30 PM)
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#145188 - 02/14/06 07:00 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Lust]
Tyrson Offline

Loc: Canada
Here are some links you might want to check out
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

http://www.evilbible.com/

Hail
"When you finally understand the universe, it will not only be stranger than you imagine, it will be stranger than you can imagine." Arthur C. Clarke "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law" Aleister Crowley

#145189 - 02/14/06 09:38 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Tyrson]
Lust Offline

Thanks for the links, but they have nothing to do with what mysteries the pagan people were hiding.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#145190 - 02/14/06 10:24 PM The Mysteries. [Re: Lust]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
The Satanic Bible, page 44, third paragraph and page 94, third paragraph.

#145191 - 02/15/06 06:55 AM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Lust]
Obolisk Offline

Jesus was by no means an original construct. There are at least a dozen regional contemporary deities which share an almost identical template. These similarities are believed to be part of why the religion was so successful assimilating people.

Mithra:
-Virgin birth
-Twelve followers
-Killing and resurrection
-Miracles (fish)
-Birthdate on December 25
-Morality
-Mankind's savior
-Known as the Light of the world

Horus:
-Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
-His earthly father was named "Seb" ("Joseph"). Seb is also known as "Geb": "As Horus the Elder he...was believed to be the son of Geb and Nut." Lewis Spence, Ancient Egyptian Myths and Legends, 84.
-He was of royal descent.
-At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple, and at 30, he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years.
-Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by "Anup the Baptizer" ("John the Baptist"), who was decapitated.
-He had 12 disciples, two of whom were his "witnesses" and were named "Anup" and "Aan" (the two "Johns").
-He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus ("El-Osiris"), from the dead.
-Horus walked on water.
-His personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father." He was thus called "Holy Child."
-He delivered a "Sermon on the Mount" and his followers recounted the "Sayings of Iusa."
-Horus was transfigured on the Mount.
-He was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a tomb, and resurrected.
-He was also the "Way, the Truth, the Light," "Messiah," "God's Anointed Son," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God," the "Word made flesh," the "Word of Truth," etc.
He was "the Fisher" and was associated with the Fish ("Ichthys"), Lamb and Lion.
-He came to fulfill the Law.
-Horus was called "the KRST," or "Anointed One."
-Like Jesus, "Horus was supposed to reign one thousand years."

Most of their mystery was in their rituals, and many of them have been pretty thoroughly laid bare by archaeologists and historians over the centuries. It was as powerful a marketing tool then as it is now to tell people secret power waited for them behind the next curatin if they just earned the right to go back and peek. You can see it in things like the Masons and even the Boy Scouts.

#145192 - 02/15/06 08:16 AM Re: The Mysteries. [Re: Nemo]
Lust Offline

Thanks Magister Nemo.

#145193 - 02/15/06 08:22 AM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Obolisk]
Lust Offline

I should have expected this. It became real clear when I went back to The Satanic Bible. Thanks for the information though.

#145194 - 02/15/06 10:55 AM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Lust]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
There are more authentic pagan traditions preserved by the Roman Catholic Church than there ever has been by any mythical underground tradition of wicca.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#145195 - 02/15/06 09:17 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Svengali]
Tyrson Offline

It is a pagan cult they worship craven images and lay offerings at the stautes of their saints. They endorse the festival of snakes, in a city in Italy(I forget which one) that goes back at least to the worship of Isis. There are a great more examples.

Hail
"When you finally understand the universe, it will not only be stranger than you imagine, it will be stranger than you can imagine." Arthur C. Clarke "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law" Aleister Crowley

#145196 - 02/15/06 09:37 PM One last inside joke. [Re: Lust]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Saint Peter's is in the shape of the cross when seen from above and is oriented upside-down.

There are "explanations" for this but I did tell you that this was an inside joke!

#145197 - 02/15/06 09:47 PM Re: One last inside joke. [Re: Nemo]
Tyrson Offline

Come Nemo let us in..lol

Hail

#145198 - 02/15/06 10:02 PM I am sorry... [Re: Tyrson]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

I am sorry but if I tell you then you have to become a Catholic!

#145199 - 02/15/06 10:09 PM Re: I am sorry... [Re: Nemo]
Tyrson Offline

God forbide that should happen...lol

Hail

#145200 - 02/16/06 02:25 PM Re: I am sorry... [Re: Nemo]
Lust Offline

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#145201 - 02/16/06 02:33 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Tyrson]
Lust Offline

See I was hoping to find out something I did not already know, but thanks for bringing the festival of snakes to my attention
I havent thought about it in a while.
"Hail Satan!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406359 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements