Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#145202 - 02/16/06 02:38 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Lust]
Stev2 Offline

As far as all the comparisons that I've seen on this thread, I really don't think there are any mysteries.

I think the Roman Catholic Church kept people under control by telling them they could not be human but still used pagan tradition as a means to maintain power and order.

At the moment I can't read Magister Nemo's Satanic Bible passage. But I would like to make that point.

#145203 - 02/16/06 02:46 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Svengali]
Lust Offline

What I do not understand Magister Svengali, is why are they (The Roman Catholic Church) preserving these rituals?
Are they some kind of back up plan in case of some christian emergency?
Though I havent lost any sleep over this issue I do find it interesting.
As for "wicca" I realy could care less.
"Hail Satan!"
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#145204 - 02/16/06 02:48 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Stev2]
Lust Offline

And a very good point indeed. I wonder which official came up with that plan?
"Hail Satan!"
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#145205 - 02/16/06 03:05 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Lust]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Why? Because it works. Pomp, circumstance, and spiritual pipe-dreams hypnotize the masses, and "Old Wine in New Bottles" is a time-tested racket.

Even on a purely theological level, the "deeper" teachings of Judaism, Islam and Christianity are all imported Platonism, Neoplatonism, and Aristotelian philosophy to bolster whatever specialized terminology and symbolism specific to each religion.

You might find this suggestive: http://philologos.org/__eb-ttb/default.htm

The author had his own agenda but presents useful and verifiable information in the process.

Frazer remains essential background reading also: http://www.bartleby.com/196/
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#145206 - 02/16/06 03:25 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Svengali]
Lust Offline

Thank you Magister Svengali. This explains it all.
"Hail Satan!"

#145207 - 02/16/06 06:48 PM Re: Pagan Mysteries? [Re: Lust]
Obolisk Offline

Well, if Dr. Harris was right about it, then no official came up with the plan, it is a natural consequence of any evangelical system assimilating other cultures. Short of genocide, the conquerors always end up changed by those they conquered. (The abyss looks back!) The more xians spread into different cultures, the less pure their xianity will become. That is how Jehova's and Voodun and LDS and Catholics can all claim to be xian.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43830 Topics
405229 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements