Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#145359 - 02/14/06 10:36 PM Final Solution?
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
I recently finished reading The Satanic Witch, and frankly I am a bit confused by what Dr. LaVey met in the last sentence when he said:

"Then he can revel in his true nature and feeling glad, move on to the Final Solution."

What is the "final solution?"

Is Dr. LaVey referring to the Pentagonal Revisionism 5 point plan?

When I think of the "final solution" I think of the Nazis and their "final solution"- the Jewish Holocaust.
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#145360 - 02/15/06 12:12 AM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Helliott]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

"Then he can revel in his true nature and feeling glad, move on to the Final Solution."

What is the "final solution?"

To me it sounds like it means the UNDEFILED WISDOM.

Or it means POWER from the Eternal Flame of power through joy.

Or both.

Edited by Swordoflightning (02/15/06 12:16 AM)

#145361 - 02/15/06 08:30 AM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Helliott]
raven Offline

Loc: Connecticut
I thought he meant Death.

#145362 - 02/15/06 05:26 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: raven]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
The people at the suicide hotlines would disagree. They always say, "Death is not the solution!"

#145363 - 02/15/06 05:31 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: crackergirl]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Death is certainly a solution, and it's very "final".

However, I think yes, it was intended to be taken as the final answer, making things perfect for himself, having everthing "well in hand", etc.

#145364 - 02/15/06 05:37 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Helliott]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

I too think this quote is a reference to death.

If a man lives his life to the fullest, with no regrets - reveling in his true nature - he can move on to the "final solution" without feeling slighted.

"There was no room for survival after death in Anton LaVey's philosophy. We live; we entertain pompous illusions about ourselves; we die. Too bad. And yet, if we mesmerize, irritate, inspire, or terrorize enough people, our names will be remembered." - Blanche Barton, introduction to Satan Speaks.

Edited by AmbientLogic (02/15/06 05:44 PM)

#145365 - 02/15/06 05:43 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Poetaster]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

On the contrary, I would feel very "slighted", to say the least, to be enjoying such a great life, and then find that I am about to die.

#145366 - 02/15/06 05:53 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Linguascelesta]
Achilles Offline

Same. The last thing I want to happen is to end life, the great indulgence.

#145367 - 02/15/06 05:57 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Linguascelesta]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

On the contrary, I would feel very "slighted", to say the least, to be enjoying such a great life, and then find that I am about to die.

Indeed, and I didn't mean to suggest that death be accepted with open arms.

But, I would feel even more "slighted" if I had lived a lie, and only learned about the lie towards the end of my life.

This is what I think Dr. LaVey meant.

As Dr. LaVey would say, "how can a man die if he never truly lived?"

#145368 - 02/15/06 06:03 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Linguascelesta]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
I think saying death is a solution would imply that life is a problem. (Would you need a solution for something that isn't a problem)? To me, life isn't a problem. I enjoy every minute of it. I suppose there are some people that would disagree with my philosophy. Most of those people are depressed and boring, though, so I avoid them.

The rest of your post I agree with. I've always thought that's exactly what LaVey meant by this.

#145369 - 02/15/06 06:13 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Poetaster]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

I can see where you're coming from, although on a personal level, it wouldn't matter to Me at all, once dead, how good or bad life had been. I'd no longer be around to be bothered about it in the slightest.

And at the point of death, the time before, where I'd be in the position of knowing I'm about to die? Well, pragmatically, I'd be doing absolutely anything and everthing to avoid oblivion, to be honest, and not reflecting on such grandiose matters at all.

And at the point long before death, when I can look at it cooly, like now? I don't intend to die... And if I did, then I'd simply do as I do anyway, and make the most of every moment, enjoy life to its fullest.

I don't think I can even think usefully about how I'd feel if I were in a situation where I was definitely going to die, because Immortality has been a personal goal for as long as I can remember, so I've always been of the mindset whereby I'd be doing whatever it takes to survive, and not even thinking about death, as it's blindly considered "not an option". No matter how certain death seemed, I'd still be looking for a way out of it.

If I were to die, I'd cease to care about anything, including the past.

Crackergirl: Yes, you are agreeing with the whole post then, as I am of a like mind in that regard. However, as you point out, many aren't.

Edited by Linguascelesta (02/15/06 06:14 PM)

#145370 - 02/15/06 06:17 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: crackergirl]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>I think saying death is a solution would imply that life is a problem.

Exactly! Well stated.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#145371 - 02/15/06 06:26 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Discipline]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

>>I think saying death is a solution would imply that life is a problem.

Exactly! Well stated.

Clearly. The fact remains, however, that for many, it is.

#145372 - 02/15/06 06:28 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Poetaster]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
AmbientLogic is correct and on the right track, however no points will be awarded because they forgot to answer in the form of a question.

#145373 - 02/15/06 10:50 PM Re: Final Solution? [Re: Poetaster]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

I fail to see how death has anything to do with the original statement, at least in a Satanic point of view.

“[…] and feelING GLAD, MOVE ON to the final SOLUTION.”

Now, THIS can only be about death if you either believe in an afterlife or just can’t wait until you’re “finally done with dealing with life”

Death is the destroyer of life and the one great abstinence. I fail to see how that is “moving on” to any kind of solution.

Dieing is only MOVING ON if you believe in an afterlife.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To me, reveling in your true nature and feeling glad means finding yourself and loving who and what you are. Moving on to the final solution means taking your knowledge of yourself and APPLYING your true self in life, and the solution is what you decide you want to do with who you are.

First you find and accept yourself, and then you DO SOMETHING with it.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406362 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements