Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#145574 - 02/16/06 09:26 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Ceallach]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Quote:

I drove a friend to and from an abortion, and they just took some pills about 45minutes to an hour beforehand- they didnt go under because it was too expensive.

Aye; I was too emotionally attached to the baby though so I opted to take a nap; I don't want to think about what a wreck I'd've been, had I been awake hehe.
I guess the pills she took were a sort of drug cocktail like valium, painkillers, etc to zone you out? Never had it before, but heard of it Probably has less side effects than the general too (nausea and whatnot)

yeah vicodin, ibuprofin and something else. She felt really guilty, I think she stayed awake as a sort of self punishment in addition to the money thing. it was her 2nd abortion in a year so she felt really bad. She barely got fucked every 3 months MAX, but it seemed like when ever her so wanted to have sex she was ovulating.. i guess? it was weird.

#145575 - 02/16/06 10:12 PM The Anti-Interference, Anti-Fraud Party [Re: Ashke]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
I’m Anti-Interference, Anti-Fraud. It’s a one-member party to the issue which I don’t care about increasing. As the Doktor wisely wrote, “Once an issue becomes more important than the solution, don’t expect to stumble over a third side.” To this I would humbly add, “don’t expect to convince others that one even exists.”

I’m Anti-Interference, Anti-Fraud because the bulk of political controversy is about interference—not about abortion. Do we, or do we not mobilize outsiders to determine the outcome of a private situation which nature has made highly personal and individual. I recognize the dangers of this to children, as I do the dangers of bullets, hurricanes, the wax and wane of caribou populations, and sunspot cycles. If I was of right-hand-path bent, I would go through life trying to end them all in the name of injured children. The solution is more injurious than the problem itself.

For me there is no should or shouldn’t. There is what IS, what IS NOT, and what IS TO BE.

IS/IS NOT: There IS NOT, nor has there been a pregnancy issue in my life for myself (being male), nor for anyone I have had sex with. A combination of decisions, determination, some fairly effective preventive measures (birth control), as well as just a couple of responsibly minimized occasions of fortune have prevented the problem altogether.

IS TO BE: Should there be a pregnancy in my future, it will—with the precision current means permit, be a deliberate act, and my life reconfigured for success. Anyone can write this. How does anyone know what I would REALLY do? They don’t. If they want me to demonstrate this to their "righteous" satisfaction, they better bring more than signs and pictures of dead babies to the table.

THE MANNER IN WHICH A WOMAN MUST BE FORCED TO DECIDE, OR BE CRIMINALLY PUNISHED: I’ll be damned if I’m going to put myself or anyone else in a position to determine or enforce policy in this area. On the face of it, it opens the floodgates for the goodguy-badge clad “saviors” of all sorts to further their own influence at the cost of prying open a woman’s legs and insulting her life with the humiliation of having her most sensitive decisions under a public microscope. Regardless of what possible “good” it might do, only a fool could miss the damage this would do—which shows how many fools there are. Barnum was wrong. A fool is not born every minute. A fool is born every second. The issue here is not whether a woman should be able to have an abortion, but whether one person is allowed to dominate and humiliate another for their own reasons, and collect undeserved cool-points with a thoughtless audience, by emotionally torturing a helpless and suffering woman.

BUT WHAT OF THE HELPLESS CHILDREN?
Fuck this question and the bullshit artists who ask it. I’ve observed a lot of suffering children in my life. I've ended it where I could, and minimized it where possible. I've watched families torn apart through mismanagement. I've brought in CPS on my own relatives. As an MP (Military Poice), I pulled hungry Panamanian kids out of razor wire who were trying to break into our prisoner of war camp to get food. I arrested dozens of soldiers who got drunk and went batshit on their families. I've cleaned gasoline off children that were tied up by their drunken father and tied to a tree. Enough shock, however. I'm just trying to say I've been around enough to know what pain is, and I take it very seriously--especially when children are involved. The position I take is not a knee-jerk reaction to an abstract problem, but one I have considered long and hard. On balance, I've also watched many responsible parents raise their children with champion-grade parenting, and delight to see how happy they are. There can be no question that, categorically, the amount of intense and sustained pain suffered by children after their born is on an entirely different scale to the intense, yet brief and terminal pain of an abortion. I realize this is a point (oddly) often missed, and yet, the reason I say fuck these people is because they are almost without exception FRAUDS. Not once in my life have I heard any of these fraudulent imbeciles who work so hard to be perceived as saintly protectors of the innocent, suggest that as a society, we might increase funding for birth-control research to lead to fool-proof methods. Not once have I heard any of them direct their hostile righteousness to mobilizing the government to provide greater protection of those post-natal abortions who are dealing with all of the causes of human suffering which occur during childhood and adolescence. None of them are shouting to make so-called church-schools liable for damages incurred through horrendous psychological abuse involved in subjecting a children to images of the “savior” tortured and nailed to a cross, while convincing them that it is their fault and they will be set on fire and burn forever for not doing what they are told. I’ve never heard any of them campaign for investigation into church-schools regarding the scope and extent of emotional damage done in the name of “corporeal punishment.” I could go on and on, but the point is made and stands as obvious as a monument: Anti-abortion crusaders could not give a shit less about helping anyone. They see an opportunity to make themselves feel and appear “good.” Compound this with the fact that most of the “Pro-Lifers” are in favor of the death-penalty, and against nuclear-weapons control, against gun-control, etc.. When they shout “Right to Life!” they are talking about their right to decides who lives or dies (Carlin).

As Carlin said, it’s no surprise that the people screaming loudest against abortion are people you would not want to fuck in the first place.

#145576 - 02/16/06 10:35 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Bill_M]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

My overall view on abortion? It's the most overly-tiresome political issue that has much more to do with sensationalism, self-righteousness, and second agenda-pushing, than with actual solutions, reasoning or science. Jesus freaks and left-wings alike just jump on whichever side they've been told to jump on, just like how it is with other sensationalist issues like gun control and captial punishment. You can probably go to any internet forum, ask the same question, and have a thread of flame wars that goes on for 4 weeks.

My feelings exactly!

It's one of those things the herd can't stop talking about. And both the ones in favor and the ones against it put up the most retarded arguments to suport their postition.

It's just tiresome.

#145577 - 02/16/06 11:23 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Ashke]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Most people should have been aborted to save space and resources(especially other's resourses and charity).
No need to abort them however because they are doomed to fail by natural selection anyways

But with the charity of christianity they are put on sympathetic endangered species list. I am pro choice in the agreement between both parents.
Irresponsible parents should be allowed to correct a mistake of giving birth to a duplicate that will bare the same irresponsibility and stupidity as themselves.

#145578 - 02/17/06 12:30 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Ashke]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
I'm pro-abortion, up to the 153 trimester. Maybe even further. I believe Texas does abortions up to and beyond that point. But only in certain cases.

#145579 - 02/17/06 12:42 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Ashke]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
I'm all for it.

But not necessarily in a pro-choice perspective.

When one looks around at people it is quite apparent that it would have been better for all concerned if they had been aborted before they were even spat out.

If one looks at the majority of parents it is also apparent that it would have been better to have aborted their offspring before the whole sorry affair began.

The responsible members of the human heirarchy need to take these affairs into hand and make the decisions that the hoi-polloi are incapable of making themselves.

It needs nipping in the bud before this morass of human waste become the burden that they do.

Sterilisation or abortion - whichever is cheaper for those who have to carry these useless bastards.

#145580 - 02/17/06 12:48 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Ashke]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I just remembered, for those of you interested, there used to be a Eugenics movement.

Quote:

During the twentieth century, many countries enacted various eugenics policies and programs, including:

* Promoting differential birth rates
* Compulsory sterilization
* Marriage restrictions
* Genetic screening
* Birth control
* Immigration control
* Segregation (both racial segregation as well as segregation of the mentally ill from the "normal")
* Extermination

The largest target of extermination, was people who were mental unfit, which included stupid people and the homeless.

#145581 - 02/17/06 04:44 PM Re: Abortion [Re: uncleherpe]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>how does one have a 'say'?

By getting the choice to still not be a parent, silly.

>>Its not fair to the guy, but biology isnt fair to the
>>woman.

Re-read the last sentence of my post that you quoted.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#145582 - 02/17/06 04:48 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Ashke]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
So, am I the only one here who sees this as going against The Ninth Satanic Rule of The Earth?

9. Do not harm little children.

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#145583 - 02/17/06 04:56 PM Re: Abortion [Re: WinterGoat]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

So, am I the only one here who sees this as going against The Ninth Satanic Rule of The Earth?

9. Do not harm little children.

Already born and functioning children.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#145584 - 02/17/06 05:02 PM Re: Abortion [Re: WinterGoat]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Oh no. Not the old "Is a fetus a child" debate! That one's about as interesting and original as a Full House rerun.

I'm guessing this message board will end up being no exception to my "flame war" theory that I mentioned in my first post.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#145585 - 02/17/06 05:05 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Bill_M]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

That one's about as interesting and original as a Full House rerun.

But Jodie Sweetin is delicious.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#145586 - 02/17/06 05:13 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Poetaster]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Children are harmed every mensrual cycle and every drop of semen spilled. Period.
Nobody is without sin.

#145587 - 02/17/06 05:19 PM Re: Abortion [Re: DataLore]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Children are harmed every mensrual cycle and every drop of semen spilled. Period.

What?

- Sam Harris

#145588 - 02/17/06 05:26 PM Re: Abortion [Re: Poetaster]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

>>But Jodie Sweetin is delicious.

OK, you win. Full House is more interestng! Never thought I'd say that, but ya got me.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12017 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements