Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#146729 - 02/22/06 08:12 PM Re: The Origin of Religion, or: What's God Got to Do With It? [Re: Old_Pig]
Achilles Offline

You're very right. I have also seen Egyptologists discuss the topic of "hebrew slaves" before.

The Egyptians also built their own pyramids, using payed professionals for the job. No slaves or hebrews were used.

ABZU wrote:
Quote:

Here is a site that claims that humans were created by martians. http://www.crystalinks.com/ancientastronauts.html

Wikipedia saying basically the same. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zecharia_Sitchin

Too bad there are plenty of these sites online on "alternative" archaeology, especially Sitchin and other pseudoscholars who dupe the gullible.

". . .he's just another nut making a living selling books that treat folks to a tale they want to believe in."
---Rob Hafernik (on Sitchin)

Edited by Achilles (02/22/06 08:30 PM)

#146730 - 02/23/06 01:09 AM Re: The Origin of Religion, or: What's God Got to Do With It? [Re: Achilles]
Noxilenticus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell
You're completely sure that they built 100% of all their structures without slavery? And once again... no sources of where this information came from is citied. No articles... no nothing. Great Magazines Tha_Pig... and the articles it talks about hebrew enslavement are where?

The whole point of my first post was simply to contrast this quote in the first place :

Quote:

(Christianity, Islam, etc.). I believe that these two groups had different origins, one being resultant of our evolution into our present species, and the other resultant of the mass expansion of a single culture: ours.

After my guess and a few ignorant comments, I gave a crappy source and came to the conclusion :

Quote:

It was simply just an educated guess and where the white light religions came from. My point being that given the information I gave, the Xtians and Muslims have the same ancestors : The Jews.

Then ABZU sidetracked me asking :

Quote:

Put simply;
Did you do your homework?

To which I replied and gave a logical explinations for my ideas and gave semi-credible sources. I see no one else bringing anything to the table other than "Oh I've read that before so I must be right and he must be wrong".

Now if you want to discuss these topics like Erohraz_Obsidian's comment :

Quote:

There are Mesopotamian cultures that predate the Egyptians.

Mesopatamian Timeline

Of course there were people before the egyptians, but what I claimed was that they were the first "civilization". You can take what makes the definition of a "civilization" to a different post. I really don't care to debate with one-pump, off topic comments.

Until you have any other arguments with credible sources, I have not standed corrected; however, I am willing to change my theories if you can come up with the goods.
"Satanists are epicurean, skeptical atheists who see Satan as a symbol of pride, individualism, and the quality of questioning all dogmas. The word in Hebrew means 'adversary' and so we are each 'Satans' to the doctrines that would have people use faith instead of reason to understand the universe in which we live. Our goal is to enjoy this, the only life we have and not waste it in anticipation of a mythical afterlife or an imagined apocalypse." - News 31 May, XLI A.S. in Reguards to The Satanic High Mass that happened on 6/6/6

- Noxilenticus Zodameranu

#146731 - 02/23/06 06:27 PM Re: The Origin of Religion, or: What's God Got to Do With It? [Re: Noxilenticus]
Achilles Offline

Quote:

You're completely sure that they built 100% of all their structures without slavery?

http://www.harvard-magazine.com/on-line/070391.html

If you want to discuss your theories, there is a better forum to go to which will answer your questions from mainstream archaeology's point of view.

In the Hall of Ma'at - Weighing the Evidence for Alternative History

#146732 - 02/23/06 10:46 PM Re: The Origin of Religion, or: What's God Got to Do With It? [Re: Achilles]
Noxilenticus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell
Okay. You have got me there. I will agree with you that slaves were not used to build the pyramids. For that there is substantial evidence.

As for the topic of the Hebrews being enslaved by the Egyptians at some point, which was my main argument, you have still not made a valid opposition.

The pyramids of Giza, talked about in the article Archilles cited, where made around the 26th century BC.

Menkaure's

Is one of the three pyramids of Giza that I cite as a source from wikipedia.

The problem with this is that the Hebrew enslavement was supposedly an estimated 1300 years later to what they think was under the reign of Ramesses II.

So I remain with my question

Quote:

and the articles it talks about Hebrew enslavement are where?

"Satanists are epicurean, skeptical atheists who see Satan as a symbol of pride, individualism, and the quality of questioning all dogmas. The word in Hebrew means 'adversary' and so we are each 'Satans' to the doctrines that would have people use faith instead of reason to understand the universe in which we live. Our goal is to enjoy this, the only life we have and not waste it in anticipation of a mythical afterlife or an imagined apocalypse." - News 31 May, XLI A.S. in Reguards to The Satanic High Mass that happened on 6/6/6

- Noxilenticus Zodameranu

#146733 - 02/24/06 03:37 AM Re: The Origin of Religion, or: What's God Got to Do With It? [Re: mastiva]
Atheon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Thank you for saying that! God or diety in religions such as Buddhism or Hinduism is a quality of being rather that a personal being. Many of us in Satanism talk about the Dark Force/the Black Flame which essentially is diety or "the divine" when seen as a quality of being.

I like to think of God, diety, the divine, the Dark Force, Satan (whatever name you call it) as the creative power back of all creation. It is something we don't yet understand, but religions hint at with their myths of Gods, Goddesses, Devils and other supposed metaphysical beings. Perhaps the divine is the strings of Superstring Theory or maybe it is the vibration of the strings or something else that causes the strings to vibrate. It is sheer awesome power/intelligence that we use in ritual to bring about our desired effects.

But a God, as in a conscious, thinking being that created and/or sustains the universe and meddles in the affairs of humanity, is just a product of human imagination to explain that which was not understood.

Edited by Atheon (02/26/06 03:52 AM)

Atheon Naturali

#146734 - 03/01/06 08:30 AM Re: The Origin of Religion, or: What's God Got to Do With It? [Re: ScarletInfidelle]
MalorumBanorum Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
One needs not complicate the idea of religion. Its not a scholarly or overly intillectual topic.

Religion is a combination of two of the most basic, inherent human needs. 1) The necessessity to validate, or understand one's existence, aka purpose. "I am important, I have meaning. I am my own God. I control my destiny. Music is why I live. Art is why I live. Sex, Food, Nature, Children, Animals, etc.. is why Im here, I will be more than this when my physical body dies or My physical body is meant to be enjoyed to its fullest while it exists. I have a destiny.. etc".. Each and every one of you in here believe this to some degree. Its basic ego. We all have purpose, if only within our own minds. Its difficult to believe that we are just talking bags of flesh, slowly rotting, no more or less important than the next multi-celled organism, here just because, existing just because.. but this only covers spirituality. Religion comes into play with 2) Human kinds need to socialize. No living thing on earth exists in pure isolation. Basic primates will deteriorate physically, mentally if held in solitary confinement. Men go crazy. Even the most anti-social of human beings still, to some extend, need some kind of 3rd party stimulation from other human beings. Even if nothing more than a biological dependence upon one another for survival of the species.

The need to understand one's place in the world + The need for Social Contact will always = Religion.

Religion will never, ever, ever die, no matter how sophisticated or intelligent mankind becomes, because our egos, our need for stimulation and answers will never die. Until we are able to find the answers, we will create them.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements