Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#147172 - 03/07/06 12:23 PM Re: on androids [Re: Euphoria]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I still find the whole 'androids for sex' thing a bit
>>weird.

Yes, I've noticed that you always get curiously defensive any time the subject comes up. I already know from past conversations that you're clueless as to why, for example, Westworld is on the COS suggested movie list.

>>If you had a machine, that no matter how attractive,
>>would want you at the press of a button, kinds of takes
>>away the fun!

This then begs the question of why one couldn't conceive of an android that had a degree of resistence built into the AI, or at least some sort of algorithms that would give the impression of coyness.

>>Another advantage of human sexual partners, is on the
>>whole, they are 'self cleaning!'

...which begs the question of why one couldn't imagine a self-cleaning android. Or at the very least, an android that's less high-maintenance than most humans out there.

>>There also seems to be a lack of imagination when it
>>comes to sexual androids.

Well what can I say, it's still a largely undeveloped industry. You have some good ideas, though. Why not put them to use and persue this area of technology?

>>But you'd still know!! It would be like mastering a
>>special move in Tekken, or finally getting Lara to make
>>the jump across to the oppersite ledge!

For decades now, humans have been making chess playing programs where the user doesn't really "know" the computer's next move, even if it is based on an exact set of algorithms. So I don't see why the sense of self-decision making can't be programmed. Most humans are more predictable than they appear anyway.

>>As for the money you'd save in presents and flowers,
>>think of how much you'd spend in batteries!

...which begs the question of why fuel-efficient androids wouldn't be conceivable.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#147173 - 03/07/06 12:53 PM Re: Oh, ye of little imagination! [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Euphoria Offline

Loc: 1/4 mile and 9 seconds away!
I get my car washed for me by a mobile valeting company.
I do my grocery shopping on line and get it delivered (apart from the luxuries, which are never a chore to go and get myself)
I have my partner, or my own hands for hand jobs!
As for giving something a beating, I very rarely feel the need to beat anything, and if I do, I beat the thing that has given rise to that need!
I find most if not all of my needs met by herdlings who will do it for a pitance!
Androids will be useful for keeping the herd subdued, to give them less to moan or get angry about.Giving them even less reason to use their imaginations!

#147174 - 03/07/06 01:24 PM Re: Oh, ye of little imagination! [Re: Euphoria]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Quote:

I get my car washed for me by a mobile valeting company.
I do my grocery shopping on line and get it delivered (apart from the luxuries, which are never a chore to go and get myself)
I have my partner, or my own hands for hand jobs!

Thats all well and good, but you pay for these things in some way repeatedly (the services, not the goods). You pay for an android slave once. Why give even a pitance to someone you consider to be sub-human?

Quote:

As for giving something a beating, I very rarely feel the need to beat anything, and if I do, I beat the thing that has given rise to that need!

You must have a pretty sweet job, to be able to beat on your coworkers like that. And what country is it that you can just punch a guy in the face that is rude to you on the street? I'd like to visit, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there. Then again maybe I would, depends on if they have decent icecream there.

Quote:

Androids will be useful for keeping the herd subdued, to give them less to moan or get angry about.Giving them even less reason to use their imaginations!

Androids will be useful for making the herd unnecessary. The herd is already subdued, and always have been, for the most part.

#147175 - 03/07/06 01:41 PM Re: Oh, ye of little imagination! [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Euphoria Offline

Loc: 1/4 mile and 9 seconds away!
>Thats all well and good, but you pay for these things in some way repeatedly (the services, not the goods). You pay for an android slave once.<

So these android slaves will need no maintance? I paid for my car once, I have to keep paying for it to run sweet and look good!

>Why give even a pitance to someone you consider to be sub-human?<

I don't consider them sub-human, just sub-Euphoria! They do the jobs I can't be bothered by, and if I didn't pay them, they wouldn't do it!

>You must have a pretty sweet job, to be able to beat on your coworkers like that. And what country is it that you can just punch a guy in the face that is rude to you on the street? I'd like to visit, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there. Then again maybe I would, depends on if they have decent icecream there.<

I'm the boss, so I don't have co-workers, I have employees, so on the whole they're pretty nice to me as I pay their wages!
If they're not, they get fired!
Why would I punch someone in the face for simply being rude to me? Sticks and stones my friend, sticks and stones! Like I said, I rarely feel the need to beat anything.
Unfortunately, one of the oldest family run ice cream producers in my town has just closed due to retirement! They will be missed!! Come and visit anyway, there's a wonderful Turkish resturant just down the street!

#147176 - 03/08/06 01:02 PM Re: Oh, ye of little imagination! [Re: Euphoria]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Quote:

So these android slaves will need no maintance?

Outside of parts, they would maintain themselves, if they were worth a damn. I tend to be a tightwad, so I just can't see paying someone to deliver groceries. But if you prefer to do that then suffer the long lines and whining children, thats someting I can understand.

Quote:

Why would I punch someone in the face for simply being rude to me?

Quote:

That was the point I was getting at.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements