Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#147194 - 02/22/06 08:15 PM Re: What to do with a stalker! *DELETED* [Re: tovasshi]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
Post deleted by Scarlet

#147195 - 02/22/06 08:24 PM Re: What to do with a stalker! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
Well then she can do what I did with my first stalker. I played games with his head until he went on a downward spiral of drugs and alcohol and finnally vanished. No one has heard from him or of him in almost two years.

#147196 - 02/22/06 08:40 PM Re: What to do with a stalker! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

This has been a serious and interesting topic. To add my two cents: It is important to analyse the motives of the stalker, to understand what they are gaining out of the stalking. Sometimes, if you can understand this, you can take this gain away.

For example, I was previously being harassed by a bikie who desperately wanted to be with my ex-partner. She didn't want him, so he blamed me. The threats were extreme but were delivered via SMS (it is unknown how he obtained my number). The police did not care and said that they are purely 'nuisance' messages. Meanwhile I was being told I would be meeting him soon. I realised that this sort of person can often thrive on their bully mentality. Ignoring his messages did not work, so I abused him back in ways I knew would hurt (details I knew through my ex). And the issue was pretty much over.

I understand this is not the same as the situation described, but it can show that some understanding of the stalker's goals can aid in extinguishing the situation.

#147197 - 02/22/06 08:46 PM Re: What to do with a stalker! *DELETED* [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Post deleted by Scarlet

#147198 - 02/22/06 09:35 PM the "think by yourself" law. [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Wait a minute.

You have said that she considers herself as a Satanist. So I think that it's up to her to take the right decision, instead of asking you to ask to other people to know what they think about this.... ...

The first time I've read this post, I had more in mind the word "Paranoia" than "Satanism".

Now, she has to remember something : she asked you to ask ( ) without wondering if people were ok to listen all about her private life.

2 > she doesn't even take the responsability to ask herself.

3 > she must really think that Satanism is a kind of community with a common thought.

4> why continuing having a discussion about someone who is not even registred on the LTTD ?

Edited by Assabrah (02/22/06 09:47 PM)

#147199 - 02/23/06 12:10 AM Re: the "think by yourself" law. [Re: Assabrah]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:

You have said that she considers herself as a Satanist. So I think that it's up to her to take the right decision, instead of asking you to ask to other people to know what they think about this....

I think you're reading a little too much into this. Satanists are not prohibited from seeking out others' ideas and opinions. There's a lot of difference between "I have to think exactly what the world wants me to think -- so what should I think?" and "My life may be in danger, and I know you once faced a similar situation -- got any advice?"

Granted, Scarlet has said that she considers her stalker-magnet friend to be no Satanist, and of course we have no reason to doubt that judgement. But I don't see how asking a stronger friend for ideas would be a disqualification all by itself.

-Chess

#147200 - 02/23/06 07:14 AM Re: the "think by yourself" law. [Re: Chess]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Let me show you my point by this example :

Imagine you have a problem, want to find a solution, but don't find better to ask to a friend to ask to people on the web...

I cannot say more.

Quote:

Satanists are not prohibited from seeking out others' ideas and opinions.

Did I say they should avoid this? The example I have given is explaining something else.

Quote:

But I don't see how asking a stronger friend for ideas would be a disqualification all by itself.

I don't see too.I am not speaking like a dumbass "mysanthrope online" here, and have never said that to speak to a friend was a bad idea.

think twice before moving a pawn, sir chess.

Edited by Assabrah (02/23/06 07:45 AM)

#147201 - 02/23/06 11:07 AM Re: the "think by yourself" law. [Re: Assabrah]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:

I don't see too.I am not speaking like a dumbass "mysanthrope online" here, and have never said that to speak to a friend was a bad idea.

think twice before moving a pawn, sir chess.

I intended no offense. We clearly each have our own take on the events, but it isn't required that we agree. This is a discussion forum after all, and I enjoy discussing these little issues.

Trust me, just because I raise a dissenting voice doesn't mean that I'm attacking you.

-Chess

#147202 - 02/23/06 03:26 PM Re: What to do with a stalker! [Re: tovasshi]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
I think all women have stalkers or they are doing something wrong.

Personally, I will only let someone back me so far in a corner before I turn around and throw it back at them. Also unless completely insane, hes likely getting laid some where. Get him where it hurts.

#147203 - 02/23/06 03:30 PM Re: What to do with a stalker! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Quercuss Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
At this point in the game its probably not much help, but I found this.

#147204 - 02/23/06 04:36 PM Re: What to do with a stalker! [Re: Poetaster]
Noxilenticus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell
I agree. One thing that keeps him stalking is the thrill of getting his jolleys off at the cost your fear. A confrontation is best. Counter-stalk him. Once he figures out that you're not the type of defensless person you are made out to be, he will lose interest and go on to the more easy targets to pick on. It seems like he is just having some issues with the break-up they had. I've seen this plenty of times before, it's called poor, sex-deprived male syndrome. It is one of the big reasons I'm in favor of legalizing and encouraging Brothels. If he could just go out and get laid, he probably wouldn't even care about her. For now though, she is all he sees in his sad, pathetic little life.
"Satanists are epicurean, skeptical atheists who see Satan as a symbol of pride, individualism, and the quality of questioning all dogmas. The word in Hebrew means 'adversary' and so we are each 'Satans' to the doctrines that would have people use faith instead of reason to understand the universe in which we live. Our goal is to enjoy this, the only life we have and not waste it in anticipation of a mythical afterlife or an imagined apocalypse." - News 31 May, XLI A.S. in Reguards to The Satanic High Mass that happened on 6/6/6

- Noxilenticus Zodameranu

#147205 - 02/23/06 04:41 PM Re: What to do with a stalker! *DELETED* [Re: Noxilenticus]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Post deleted by Scarlet

#147206 - 02/23/06 10:59 PM Re: What to do with a stalker! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Noxilenticus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell
Oh what a pitty, reminds me of that childhood story of the little boy who cried wolf. My advice then is that she just make a formal apology for her stupidity and hope the wolf is well fed. This also reminds me of a quote from starcraft :

Quote:

You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!

Basically I have no more advice for those that wish to piss people off and cry when people decide do something about it. Sorry for your friend.
"Satanists are epicurean, skeptical atheists who see Satan as a symbol of pride, individualism, and the quality of questioning all dogmas. The word in Hebrew means 'adversary' and so we are each 'Satans' to the doctrines that would have people use faith instead of reason to understand the universe in which we live. Our goal is to enjoy this, the only life we have and not waste it in anticipation of a mythical afterlife or an imagined apocalypse." - News 31 May, XLI A.S. in Reguards to The Satanic High Mass that happened on 6/6/6

- Noxilenticus Zodameranu

#147207 - 02/24/06 11:09 AM Re: What to do with a stalker! [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
What to do with a stalker? Here's the deal. Stalkers strike people who are generally passive (or seem that way), so in order to avoid being stalked, just be the biggest asshole you can possibly be. Be a total bitch to this stalker, and it will scare him enough to run the other way.
A lot of people that get fan letters end up sending back a form letter from an attorney that keeps a distance between the person recieving the letter and the person who's sent it. Issuing a form letter that states that "My client has recieved your letter, but she is very busy and will try to answer it when she can." Good idea.
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER act like you would ever be friends with ANYONE that sends you fan mail or that "secret admirer" crap. And, everyone else, if you're thinking of sending a letter signed "your secret admirer" DON'T. It's annoying, creepy, and it makes your perspective mate think you're too much of a coward to show your face.
The reason that most stalkers end up killing their victims is because at first, the person was nice to them. They sent a gift. Maybe their obsession sent one back out of kindness or just plain pity. Then the stalker (who's obviously mentally ill) starts to believe there's a relationship formed there. He sends more gifts. The obsession sends more letters back (again, out of pity). Pretty soon, the stalker shows up at the door. Finally, face to face, he believes the two can begin a physical relationship. When he's rejected, he's confused. All this time, he believed his obsession felt the same way. Now the object of his affection is rejecting him. She's brutally turned on the poor thing, and all he can think of now is, "If I can't have her, no one will." Then the obsession takes a bullet to the head.
So, what do you do? Keep your distance from adoring fans. This ties into Satanism because it deals with the discernment instinct. You've got to know who you're dealing with. You've got to know that you're sharing the right info with the right people. You've got to be brutally honest to people or they'll take you for all you've got. You've got to completely DESTROY anyone who will get in the way of your happiness. Don't be nice to them because you feel sorry for them. You will find that these needy types need way more than you can give them. We're against having any concern for psychic vampires, and stalkers are definitely the like.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406362 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements