Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#147512 - 02/25/06 03:32 PM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: luciferHammer]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
You seem to think that rape has something to do with sex and girls who refuse to have sex with a man, this is rarely the case. It is true that a few men simply think they have the right to have sex with whom ever and where ever they choose, and women who think they should tease every man who comes along just for the hell of it, but rape, much like most crimes against women or just about anyone is about control and who has it.

Few people in today’s society refuse to have sex with someone they are dating, therefore your argument does not hold up.

Rape has little to do with being careless. Many times a woman is very careful and does everything she is told, by men mind you, to do and still can not avoid this type of situation. But here again, you are looking at it from the wrong perspective, that of the sex angle and not the crime angle. Even if a woman teases a man that is no excuse for rape or violence of any type, there are just far to many women who are willing to have sex with just about anyone for this type of an excuse to go very far. A man can always find a sex partner if he wants one, even if he has to pay for it.

I assume you are talking about Shinichiro Wada’s so called rave club? This is a little different as it was more then one man and the women, regardless of what they said were not innocent in the matter.

It is true that many rapes go unreported, most of these by young women who just feel to ashamed to come forward and due to the police’s past and currant treatment when it comes to such things, but by all statistics even those rapes that are not reported are crimes done by men for the most part that the women were familiar with or had a relationship with.

#147513 - 02/25/06 05:59 PM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

You seem to think that rape has something to do with sex and girls who refuse to have sex with a man, this is rarely the case. It is true that a few men simply think they have the right to have sex with whom ever and where ever they choose, and women who think they should tease every man who comes along just for the hell of it, but rape, much like most crimes against women or just about anyone is about control and who has it.

Few people in today’s society refuse to have sex with someone they are dating, therefore your argument does not hold up.

I was aware that the goal of the rapist, as psychology said, was control, not really sexual pleasure. But you cannot deny that rape can only happen when someone refuse to have sex with someone else. Control? I define rape as someone who to satisfy is more basic sexual instinct without the consentment of his sexual partner, which becomes a instrument to fulfill is selfish pulsion. Ok, at that moment, their is a situation of control by the rapist over the raped. But I really doubt that control was the sole purpose of raping, just a consequence of it!

And I'm still not sure if you think that in most cases, rapes could be avoid by using learnt self-defence tricks?

#147514 - 02/25/06 06:27 PM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: luciferHammer]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

There are various forms of self-defense, most of them can be lethal unless you are an complete idiot! Many rapes could be prevented with the proper use of self-defense, at no time did I say or imply that all of them could be. But you are better off trying to save yourself in whatever manner available, even through tricks then not trying at all.

Many men convicted of rape have talked about the physiology behind their crimes and most have stated that sex was not their reasoning. The sexual act was one of anger and violence and usually a need to seek revenge due to something or someone who had caused them pain and suffering, and in picking their victim they stress that it made little difference to them what the woman looked like or what she was doing at the time. They commit the crime in a form that will cause as much mental as well as physical damage as possible. Control, pain and fear are the only goals of a rapist, much like an act of terrorism. The only difference is the weapon used, the sexual act is the weapon instead of a bomb, gun or a knife.

#147515 - 02/25/06 07:47 PM Re: Effective self defense takes minutes not months. [Re: luciferHammer]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

I'm not sure of that answer, but I'm sure that I can make a hole with my punch, not with my palm. Remember Kill Bill Vol. 2

I did not watch that fantasy film but I have seen what a palm heel strike to the side of the jaw does, and what jaws do to fists as well.

In the first case the blow is devastating without usually creating any damage to the hand. Repeat blows become possible.

In the second case, the bones in the hand commonly break and make the hand almost useless for further use - which can be bad in the middle of an assault.

Even with taping and padded gloves, boxers commonly break their fists. Beware hubris in training choices!

#147516 - 02/25/06 07:49 PM Thank you for understanding. [Re: DarkApollyon]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Tae Kwon Do is fun. I see people practice it all the time. Enjoy!

#147517 - 02/25/06 07:59 PM Please remember... [Re: Maya]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Self defense should only be used if you are in legitimate fear for your life and you have no other alternative.

A strike to the throat is a potentially lethal move.

A poke to the eye is a potentially lethal move.

These acts should be considered with the same gravity as drawing and firing a gun into someone's brain.

That is why I say self defense should only be used if you are in legitimate fear for your life and have no other alternative.

Anytime you can run away, run away!

"Macho" = "stupid".

#147518 - 02/25/06 08:22 PM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

Many men convicted of rape have talked about the physiology behind their crimes and most have stated that sex was not their reasoning. The sexual act was one of anger and violence and usually a need to seek revenge due to something or someone who had caused them pain and suffering, and in picking their victim they stress that it made little difference to them what the woman looked like or what she was doing at the time. They commit the crime in a form that will cause as much mental as well as physical damage as possible. Control, pain and fear are the only goals of a rapist, much like an act of terrorism. The only difference is the weapon used, the sexual act is the weapon instead of a bomb, gun or a knife.

Thanks for the information. But I'm usually more interested by the exceptions than the norm. If you ever read 120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis de Sade, you might understand my reasoning better.

Now that I know who you were refering to, you can be sure that those rapers who do it for control, pain and fear diguss me to the utmost.

Rapers who do it to stupid girls are still quite guilty, but the girls are somehow also, something you pinpoint when replying about Super Free.

In any case, I don't see how physical defence can make much difference in most cases, even more with long date rare or marital rape. Women who kill their raper still have a lot of problems. Sure, she can do a nice hurting trick to his assailant, but what if the raper comes back, assault more violently his victim, because of this violent act? And what the change that a raper overcome his female victim?

Well, maybe you have some statistics about the influence of self-defence lessons on unsucessful rape attempts.

I've checked a little on the internet for any useful information about this discussion and found this webpage :
http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/ip/sigs/life/feminism/safety/rape.prev

On that page, they cleary state that fighting is dangerous. The best thing for women is to get away. Use their intelligent. And care and prevention is always better. If they have dated a would be raper for week, how can someone say she never has the opportunity to know what was going to happen. Even the best liar isn't perfectly transparent. And what can a woman can do with a gun? Will she shoot a would be raper, someone she likely knows, in self-defence? Don't you think it would look good in front of a judge? Well, I think this is the reality. But women can still think that they are superwoman and can overcome a rapers by violent act without problem. But it only works for case where the victim is assault by a stranger, the most unlikely rape case, as you reproach me to know nothing about

#147519 - 02/25/06 08:37 PM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: luciferHammer]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

I will not discuss this with you publicly any longer; it is not what this forum is for. I think you misunderstand my point. It is not advocating violence, but self-defense when attacked. If a person, man or woman cannot get away then they should fight. It’s as simple as that. And the only statistics I need are the scars I see every day!

#147520 - 02/25/06 11:58 PM Re: Please remember... [Re: Nemo]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Exactly my thoughts as well Magister Nemo, To look at me you wouldn't think I'd run but believe me if the odds are against me I believe in living to hunt them down later and get my revenge or do a destruction ritual on thier asses, which would probably be the more intelligent thing to do.
I do think women should be very paranoid in any type of dark lonely places' there is insanity and chaos in the darkness away from normal folks.
I also like the throat, it's my favorite squeeze very hard squeeze, but as the Magister says be sure you are truly in fear of your life and can prove this in court.
Many people are in prison now because they were defending themselves but did the job a bit too well.
The best thing to do is simply see that you do not put yourself in such a situation in the first place.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#147521 - 02/26/06 12:34 AM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: luciferHammer]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Rapers who do it to stupid girls are still quite guilty, but the girls are somehow also

No, they are NOT guilty of anything. Rape is one of the absolute worst things that can happen to someone, no one deserves that(except the rapists themselves)- especially not for being a tease. That is such petty shit. The vast majority of women who decide to do the things you mentioned do so without getting raped, I dont see why you think they should be afraid or see it as a rape waiting to happen when thats not realistic. most men are not rapists, and when they are they dont do it to a woman because she is stupid.

#147522 - 02/26/06 03:30 AM OoOoh..... [Re: DeLamar_J]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

I feel like this subject is going to become a "good old'" boys Vs girls soon ... Wait, let's call the wiccans to make it more fun

#147523 - 02/26/06 07:08 AM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

I will not discuss this with you publicly any longer; it is not what this forum is for.

I agree totally.

#147524 - 02/26/06 09:24 AM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: uncleherpe]
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Rapers who do it to stupid girls are still quite guilty, but the girls are somehow also

No, they are NOT guilty of anything. Rape is one of the absolute worst things that can happen to someone, no one deserves that(except the rapists themselves)- especially not for being a tease. That is such petty shit. The vast majority of women who decide to do the things you mentioned do so without getting raped, I dont see why you think they should be afraid or see it as a rape waiting to happen when thats not realistic. most men are not rapists, and when they are they dont do it to a woman because she is stupid.

Alot of women do go around acting like a tease, but that does not give a person the right to rape them. Even if your in the bed room and just get the tip in lol, and she decides to stop, guess what? Its time to stop.
I have said to some women, dont walk around that area, and dont dress like that. I always get the same reply which is, I can do what I want, dress how I want, and walk where I want because its a free country. That is true, and you should be able to. But in todays world you just cant, unless you are prepared to risk being hurt.
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

#147525 - 02/26/06 11:33 AM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: DeLamar_J]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

I have said to some women, dont walk around that area, and dont dress like that. I always get the same reply which is, I can do what I want, dress how I want, and walk where I want because its a free country. That is true, and you should be able to. But in todays world you just cant, unless you are prepared to risk being hurt.

That is not true. There is no historic records of an era where girls/women can walk anywhere while wearing anything they want. Unless you have some unknown to me, and likely to the whole world.

Responsibles for the responsibles.

Edited by luciferHammer (02/26/06 11:35 AM)

#147526 - 02/26/06 12:12 PM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: luciferHammer]
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
What?
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406357 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements