Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#147527 - 02/26/06 12:28 PM consent and attire [Re: luciferHammer]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Reply to this whole sub thread.

When it comes to area's like date rape there can be a blurred line when it comes to consent. There are times when women do not say, "no". They did not say "yes" either. Did they consent by saying nothing? Is it rape, or really a misunderstanding? I don't believe all men in this case are guilty of rape, but guilty of not making sure they have consent. Speaking from personal experience, some times you have to own up to what you don't say. Sometimes you can't blame the other person for what you let happen to you. I'm not down playing rape, just naming a circumstance that may not always be clear whether a man is guilty or not. Yes she may have felt forced, but he may not have been forcing her. Especially young girls are submissive by nature, to be safe men should ask.

From a conversation that I have had about woman's attire. I do agree that men can feel sexually harassed by what women wear. Think about it, according to my work manual sexual harassment is any unwanted behavior. Well maybe a man doesn't want to look at a women and feels harassed by what she wears. I think the whole harassment thing can defiantly be played too an extreme. Every new male that I meet at work I have to re go through the process of letting them know I'm not going to hang them up to dry for telling me I look nice today. Makes work uncomfortable for both of us.

#147528 - 02/26/06 03:35 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: VKat]
Stev2 Offline

"I don't believe all men in this case are guilty of rape, but guilty of not making sure they have consent."

Thanks ValindaKay. That is one of the most satanic things a woman can say these days!

Someone told me there was once a device where women could put in their vagina's that would slice, prick men. I suppose they're too dangerous(?). But, after the seeing the stats and what other weapons are available, I suppose making them would be pointless.

Edited by Steve1 (02/27/06 05:42 PM)

#147529 - 02/26/06 03:47 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: Stev2]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

"I don't believe all men in this case are guilty of rape, but guilty of not making sure they have consent."

Quote:

Thanks ValindaKay. That is one of the most satanic things a woman can say these days!

No, it is not. That was actually an un-Satanic absurd! To not make sure they have consent means exactly the same thing as rape. How would it not? What kind of justification or scape-goat would apply?

"If they don´t say yes, and they don´t say no must mean yes..."

What are we talking about here, insensitive primates who can´t read body language nor understand voice tones?

Jesus.

#147530 - 02/26/06 04:00 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: Satanya]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
I have to agree with you, Satanya. That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard a woman spout off. If a man does not know if a woman has consented to having sex, perhaps he should put his hard-on back in his pants and ASK!

#147531 - 02/26/06 04:04 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: Satanya]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

No, it is not. That was actually an un-Satanic absurd! To not make sure they have consent means exactly the same thing as rape. How would it not? What kind of justification or scape-goat would apply?

Jesus.

Thanks for your participation. You save me from an angry reply. I will pass the psychological reasons why this is a woman who wrote that (mind you)!!!!

#147532 - 02/26/06 06:42 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

I have to agree with you, Satanya. That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard a woman spout off. If a man does not know if a woman has consented to having sex, perhaps he should put his hard-on back in his pants and ASK!

I agree also.

I am reminded of the following:
"Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal."
A man should always be sure that a woman has consented to having sex before doing anything, even if it means asking; however, I think that if a man needs to ask, then the woman most likely does NOT want to have sex; if she wants to then she'll make it quite obvious to him.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#147533 - 02/26/06 07:19 PM Re: Self Defence For Women And Children [Re: DeLamar_J]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

I have never been raped. I avoid telling guys I meet where I live. I think the easiest way to get raped is to have a guy come over to pick you up for a date, riding in his car, or him bringing you home afterwards; usually after developing a relationship. If I want to date someone, I like to plan on me and him meeting each other at where we want to go. If he questions me on that, I just say I like it that way, and if he doesn’t like that, then I will break up with him. No guy I meet is good enough for me to really LOVE, and I usually dump a guy within a week. If I do decide to make advances with someone by my own choice, then I can go over to his place, but I don't want him coming to mine.
~~~~~~~~~
I feel that to avoid getting attacked, do not make eye contact with someone you feel afraid of. It is very natural for people to sense fear in someone else through eye contact. If they know you are afraid of them, then they are more likely to attack you.

I think the way you walk is important also. You should not walk like a hunchback or look down; it makes you look like you are easily intimidated or unaware of what is going on around you. If I am walking down the street, I like to lift my shoulders a little bit and walk with my upper arms sticking out to the sides a little, and show an expression of seriousness, and like I’ve got somewhere to be and I don’t have time to talk to anyone. I’m a petite to average girl, so I think looking and feeling tough is important. And you can’t just LOOK tough; you need to project the message that you are not the kind who is to be messed with.

There were a few times when I was walking in the city by myself and some hideous looking homeless people, who just stand on the sidewalks feeling sorry for themselves all day instead of getting a job, asked me if I would give them some money. I just looked at them with an audacious look on my face while walking past them, without saying anything, and then they looked intimidated, like they were afraid of me and then they just left me alone. I plan on ordering the book, “Fang and Claw”, sometime to learn more about what to do if I ever do get attacked.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#147534 - 02/26/06 07:41 PM Re: Effective self defense takes minutes not months. [Re: luciferHammer]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I'm not sure of that answer, but I'm sure that I can make a hole with my punch, not with my palm. Remember Kill Bill Vol. 2

It was only a matter of time before someone said something entirely foolish.

a) You're talking about a fucking movie. Movies are not reality, they're pure fantasy. Not slightly fantasy, pure fantasy. That is all.

b) What are you so sure you can make a hole in with your fist? Is this relevant to personal defense? Are you saying this with any kind of reality or are you spouting macho bullshit? I generally am not in the habit of punching things to make holes.

c) Magister Nemo is 100% correct. Boxers break fingers all the time, and they have heavily padded gloves on and taped hands. In a street fight you won't even have this padding. You will risk damaging your hands.

d) Look at what those who commonly break things with their hands, that is martial artists breaking boards or bricks, commonly use: a open hand! I wonder why!

No worries though, I'm sure you'll have your katana and plenty of kungfu billy badass to ward off any attacker.

#147535 - 02/26/06 07:41 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: luciferHammer]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

I will pass the psychological reasons why this is a woman who wrote that (mind you)!!!!

Why, let´s hear it! This could be interesting...

#147536 - 02/26/06 08:00 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: Satanya]
VKat Offline

Why are you so reactionary?
Quote:

What I wrote was meant to be more towards verbal consent. Do you ask a man every time you have sexual relations with him if you have permission?

Quote:

What are we talking about here, insensitive primates who can´t read body language nor understand voice tones?

So every body language with every women is the same? We are an open book that every man can read instinctually. I am sure that most men would tend to disagree. They are not mind readers you know. Some women, while they are enjoying themselves, will lay there like they are dead. It doesn't mean that they are not enjoying themselves. Furthermore some women like to act out claw, bite, hit. Is everything another women does that black and white to you?

I repeat; I'm not down playing rape, just naming a circumstance that may not always be clear whether a man is guilty or not. Yes she may have felt forced, but he may not have been forcing her.

#147537 - 02/26/06 08:03 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: VKat]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

" Do you ask a man every time you have sexual relations with him if you have permission?"

I do, it seems like the right thing to do!

#147538 - 02/26/06 08:03 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: VKat]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

So every body language with every women is the same?

Yes.

#147539 - 02/26/06 09:20 PM Legal Term [Re: VKat]
VKat Offline

Where as you may have certain feelings about what rape is. Those feelings may not actually stand up in court.

Legal Term: rape

Quote:

1) n. the crime of sexual intercourse (with actual penetration of a woman's vagina with the man's penis) without consent and accomplished through force, threat of violence or intimidation (such as a threat to harm a woman's child, husband or boyfriend). What constitutes lack of consent usually includes saying "no" or being too drunk or drug-influenced for the woman to be able to either resist or consent, but a recent Pennsylvania case ruled that a woman must do more than say "no" on the bizarre theory that "no" does not always mean "don't," but a flirtatious come-on....

Quote:

2) v. to have sexual intercourse with a female without her consent through force, violence, threat or intimidation, or with a girl under age...

http://dictionary.law.com/default2.asp?selected=1718&bold=||||

Well I learned something new.

#147540 - 02/26/06 09:23 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
VKat Offline

Well I'm shocked, good for you. Honestly, I don't ask men as much as I do women guess that is sexist on my part.

#147541 - 02/26/06 09:29 PM Re: consent and attire [Re: VKat]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

I simply respect a man's right to say, No. It has never happened but... just in case, it is only polite to ask before you ravish a man, don't you think?

You can't expect men to do something you as a woman are not willing to do. It is just to hypocritical to think that only a man has to have permission and women do not. A twist on the old double standard I feel.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405806 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements