Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#148213 - 03/04/06 02:33 AM Re: Unacceptable Parental Influences? [Re: Ygraine]
Noxilenticus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell
Quote:

I think you missed the point.

Believe what you want to. Just because I agree with a part of what you said does not mean I share the same perspective as you on our posts in whole.

Quote:

Why bother with sheep?
Quote:

As Priestess Ygraine pointed out, they serve a purpose.

As you get older, you'll see that.

Quote:

Noxilenticus:
There's no point in continuing the life cycle unless you need some slaves to serve you.
Quote:

AmbientLogic: Ridiculous.

Quote:

Priestess Ygraine: And the slaves shall serve.....

I think I share the same view Priestess Ygraine does. Even though I do not understand about the 1987 thing. What I meant by Why bother with sheep? was a question referring to the people that seemed to take parenting into society as a whole instead of just Satanic Parenting. Bluntly, the only thing that would be Unacceptable Parental Influence to a child, in my personal observation, would be that which contradicts The Satanic Bible or Satanic Principles.
"Satanists are epicurean, skeptical atheists who see Satan as a symbol of pride, individualism, and the quality of questioning all dogmas. The word in Hebrew means 'adversary' and so we are each 'Satans' to the doctrines that would have people use faith instead of reason to understand the universe in which we live. Our goal is to enjoy this, the only life we have and not waste it in anticipation of a mythical afterlife or an imagined apocalypse." - News 31 May, XLI A.S. in Reguards to The Satanic High Mass that happened on 6/6/6

- Noxilenticus Zodameranu

#148214 - 03/04/06 05:48 AM Re: Topic. [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

I have had experience with people trying to dictate how I raised my kids, I was even forbidden to step foot in my daughters high school by the school board, apparently the parents of her class mates thought that I would corrupt their children simply because I was a Satanist and my daughter loved and respected me! Shocking isnít it, that children of a Satanist parent might actually love and respect their parent?

The situation appears no different in the UK.

When my son was at Junior school I was called in on several occassions to 'discuss matters' with his teachers. These issues were usually quite petty, for example, They didn't like his haircut, they objected to me taking him to an Evanescence concert, or they felt he was 'socially marginalised' because he did not wear the same style of clothes, share the same intersts or listen to the same kind of music as most of the other kids. On this last issue they insinuated quite strongly that they thought this was harming him, even though he stated he was 'happy as he was', and on more than one ocassion threatened to get Social Services involved (this all happened a couple of years ago, before I became involved with CoS. If I had been open about Satanic beliefs, I think they would have taken things further, but that could just be my paranoia!).

Thankfully since he started Secondary school last September things have been okay, but my previous experiences tell me it is better to keep my Church of Satan membership 'in the closet', so to speak, at the present time!

#148215 - 03/04/06 10:14 AM Re: Unacceptable Parental Influences? [Re: Poetaster]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Exactly. Parental influences are just the reflect of the persons parents are. A parent's rules used for educating his children is usually very similar to those used by the parent's parent. This is what I would call social evolution. Bound can be imposed on social behaviors, but on social evolution? That would be a nightmare if it can be.

#148216 - 03/04/06 10:36 AM Re: Unacceptable Parental Influences? [Re: Noxilenticus]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Look

#148217 - 03/04/06 11:34 AM Re: Unacceptable Parental Influences? [Re: Assabrah]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Quote:

Look

#148218 - 03/04/06 12:04 PM Re: Topic. [Re: Discipline]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Cheers to that. Being light (but not airy) is always good for making friends.

"Hey, wanna be my friend and get a slurpee?"

"I am the Lone One! I am the warrior of shadows, friend to no man, walker of the path of tears and eternal sighs. Gaze upon my dark works, ye mighty, and despair! I devour the souls of the living, and they taste like chicken!"

Dude, I may've found myself a new catchphrase.

To Quiddian:

Oh, or you can just PM or email me . Telephones are annoying anyway.

Bible parody project? Sounds like fun to me. Count me in.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#148219 - 03/04/06 12:29 PM Re: Topic. [Re: Noxilenticus]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Arenít they serving your emotional needs by having them?

My emotional needs are being served, but in the case of most authentic relationships, their needs are being served as well. It's reciprocal.

Why classify it any different than the degrading thing it is?

Because it's not degrading.

Having friends, lovers, children, pets, plants---if you care for them, and they ideally care for you, and both parties gain pleasure and benefit from the relationship, there's nothing degrading there.

Slavery means to have control over something other than your self.

I'd say that slavery is about *complete,* or near-complete, control over something or someone. I have partial control or jurisdiction over lots of things and people, but they aren't my slaves, per se. Nobody's built me a pyramid lately (unfortunately).

When you water your plants, the plants are your slaves.

Or, the fact that they're so cute and pretty, and inspire me to get up, climb over the recycling bins, and water them may mean I'm a slave to *them.*

They can't built me a pyramid anyway, so they aren't the best slaves I could have, really.

On a much broader scale, plants are "slaves" to the CO2 we provide, and we are "slaves" to the oxygen they provide.

That puts you in control of them.

But if they die, I'll be sad.

So, it's in my interest to look out for their interests.

Similarly if someone wants to watch TV, the TV is their slave.

If someone watches TV all the time, or all day, they can become a slave to the TV.

This master/slave relationship has been happening since the universe began.

True indeed.

But, that is not the only relationship that exists.

If there is a perfectly equal exchange of benefits or goods, who is the "slave," and who is the "master?"

#148220 - 03/04/06 12:48 PM Re: Topic. [Re: DarkApollyon]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

#148221 - 03/04/06 04:11 PM Re: Unacceptable Parental Influences? [Re: Assabrah]
Noxilenticus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell

Touchť.
"Satanists are epicurean, skeptical atheists who see Satan as a symbol of pride, individualism, and the quality of questioning all dogmas. The word in Hebrew means 'adversary' and so we are each 'Satans' to the doctrines that would have people use faith instead of reason to understand the universe in which we live. Our goal is to enjoy this, the only life we have and not waste it in anticipation of a mythical afterlife or an imagined apocalypse." - News 31 May, XLI A.S. in Reguards to The Satanic High Mass that happened on 6/6/6

- Noxilenticus Zodameranu

#148222 - 03/04/06 04:40 PM Re: Topic. [Re: Ygraine]
BEHERIT Offline

As a child myself my parents where new life christians,they were fuckin insane ,towards what i was into as a child.
these are some examples;

Making me listen to heavy metal outside in the garage.

Taking pictures down off my wall of music hevy metal bands.

Putting the t.v im the man hole because it was EVIL
Restricting what clothing i could wear.

Hiding books with occult information from me then taking them back
to the christian bookstore my father worked in.

Thowing my records out the door onto the footpath.

Trying to cast out SATAN in the name of jesus doing the laying on of hands thing like an excorcism.

they beleived all this media hype about satanic rock bands such as kiss not playing until these puppies they threw into the crowd came back dead,it was all christianity crap books they screwed my family up and fucked what i as a teenager wanted to do or be the most.I fuckin hate christians!!!I have always been drawn to the darker side of myself because i feel thats where my power is.
I started calling upon Satan long before i ever came across the Satanic bible i would of been about 12years old when i called upon Satan to destroy my father and destroy jesus a form of a destruction curse you could call it,so yes my Satanic journey started off as one of Rebellion and hate of christ. It has taken a long time to filter through the shitty things christianity has imposed upon my life children are like sponges they are very easily damaged they should be left to there own devices to pursue the path they so choose with out parents imposeing what they beleive on them so there mind is not abused. christianity is abuseive and should be destroyed .Those people from the church my parents went to are very lucky to be alive, aswell as my parents for the fuckin crap they done.So i feel strongly that parents should not impose what they beleive on there children,children dont need that.Let them find there own path or there will TROUBLE.

#148223 - 03/04/06 04:47 PM Re: Topic. [Re: BEHERIT]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Putting the t.v im the man hole because it was EVIL

That may not be such a bad idea.

#148224 - 03/04/06 05:12 PM Re: Topic. [Re: BEHERIT]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Quote:

I started calling upon Satan long before i ever came across the Satanic bible i would of been about 12years old when i called upon Satan to destroy my father and destroy jesus a form of a destruction curse you could call it;

Did it work?

Quote:

So i feel strongly that parents should not impose what they beleive on there children,children dont need that.Let them find there own path or there will TROUBLE.

If it wasn't for you parents imposing on you, how do you think it would have affected your development into the person you are today? I believe Thomas Edison replied when asked/ridiculed about his numerous failed attempts at inventing the light bulb, "I know 1000 ways how not to make a light bulb.
The point being you may have learned how not to be like your parents through their bad example. Can you see the benefit of "bad" parenting now?

Though irresponsible and worthless people are annoying, insulting, and downright disgusting, to the observant they prove most important in teaching by example of how not to accomplish success.

Edit:
Addenum- Do not confuse what not to do, with rebellion.

-Maximilian

Edited by Maximilian (03/04/06 08:27 PM)

#148225 - 03/04/06 07:53 PM Re: Topic. [Re: BEHERIT]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
proof positive that blood tells.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#148226 - 03/05/06 12:13 AM A suggestion [Re: BEHERIT]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I have seen many children reared in rational households successfully. I have seen these same children become parents who do the same with their children.

All that is required is for the parent to explain what he thinks about things and why these thoughts make sense.

Children learn through modeling others.

If the parent demonstrates that the mind is capable of understanding the world and that there are some ideas that are anti-life and some that are pro-life, the child will come to respect the conclusions offered.

If the parent emphasizes the critical importance of loyalty and respect then knowledge need not be lost and generation after generation can carry forward useful and practical knowledge of life and how best to live it.

The key is to realize that only adults can be effective and successful parents.

Children who never grow up to respect the power of the mind but instead simply "believe" in anti-life ethical systems (such as Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, etc.) are not truly "adult" in my estimation. And when children rear children, the result is not maturity but more immaturity.

Respect for reason and therefore respect for reality are critical in rearing children to become mature adults.

It can be done. It has been done. It continues to be done.

It is simply not very common ... yet.

#148227 - 03/05/06 09:01 AM Re: Topic. [Re: TrojZyr]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
I'd never seen those Ozy & Millie strips before!

I thought they were great and really hit the nail on the head!

Cheers for posting them.

Edited by DarkPagan (03/05/06 09:04 AM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements