Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#148277 - 03/08/06 01:58 PM Re: Concerning the Balance Factor. [Re: Poetaster]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
It was the "fucking him" part that got people into trouble. And if they could, most of his victims would tell you the same thing. Ted was a charmer. Right up to the moment when he smashed them in the face and rendered them unconscious.

#148278 - 03/08/06 05:12 PM Re: Concerning the Balance Factor. [Re: TrojZyr]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Quote:

And sure, a lot of people *say* they also want these things, but really, do they? Lots of women claim they want a "sensitive" man, but then they flock to the arms of the macho man. They say they highly value intelligence, but they get intimidated in the presence of a smart chap they later derisively call "the nerd." When people actually get what they've been asking for, they tend to become overwhelmed and settle for the watered-down version, or sometimes, even the opposite of what they thought they wanted before. And, people also tend to settle for whatever after a while.

I had quite a few negative life experiences which validate this observation quite accurately. However, they proved positive in a "hard lesson learned" kind of way.

#148279 - 03/08/06 06:25 PM Thanks for the advice [Re: Barb]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Quote:

First of all, do NOT say that dramatic bunch of words quoted above.

Okay. Don't recite famous classical plays.

Quote:

Being passionate is not about what you say, but how you actually feel.

I can feel.

Quote:

The trick is to project your feelings to her so she feels it.

Splendid! I can do that, no danger. So she feels it.

Quote:

Women can sense these things if you know what you're doing.

Oh, I know what I'm doing.

Quote:

All it takes to be passionate is to take her hand and kiss it, keep holding her hand and look deeply into her eyes, staying silent for a little bit,

Okay. I'm holding her hand...being silent...

Quote:

and then ask quietly:
“Hey…I want to take you out some where nice some time…”

Right. But until then, I would be extremely honoured if you would kindly remove your undergarments and bend over.

Along the right lines?

Thanks for the tips, but do you really think this approach will work?

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#148280 - 03/08/06 07:38 PM Re: Concerning the Balance Factor. [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
You are indeed correct that people are creatures of habit. I find that heterosexuals usually gravitate towards people who resemble the parent of the opposite sex (and even I do this, to some degree), or who resemble some shadow-side or the idealized form of that parent, especially if the parent was absent. Gradually, other factors come into play, but this seems to be the "skeleton" beneath those other factors.

Preferring the familiar, and not seeing how they are repeating themselves every time, people will then make the same relationship mistakes over and over, and over.

And yes, it can be hard to judge another person's character. My early mistakes in my adolescence, for example, revolved around my inability to predict and interpret the ramifications of certain character traits. In simpler terms, I didn't know what behaviors were red flags, and which seemingly innocuous character traits pointed to bigger problems down the line, or which ones were going to become annoying. But, at least now I know what to look for in those particular areas.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#148281 - 03/10/06 07:02 PM Re: Thanks for the advice [Re: Bedlam]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Thanks for the tips, but do you really think this approach will work?

I can say that if a guy used this approach to get ME, it would work if I liked him, so I think it would work.

There are factors in which it would not work, like if she doesn’t want a boyfriend, or if she has issues about dating, or if she is too drunk and giddy to get into the right mood.

I would like to point out that if you meet a woman, you and her should do something together for a while (I‘d say at least a half-hour) before you ask her out, like have a conversation or something, depending on where you are. If you go to a night club, it is quite easy to get a woman by just dancing with her for a while first (and very likely get some action at that time also )-Then ask her out. I like to spend some time with someone before he would ask me out.

Quote:

Right. But until then, I would be extremely honored if you would kindly remove your undergarments and bend over.

Along the right lines?

Don’t ask her that in that way or that soon; she might think that that was all you wanted to begin with. Be a little more patient on that aspect.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#148282 - 03/10/06 07:12 PM Re: Concerning requesting company for a meal [Re: Barb]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

All it takes to be passionate is to take her hand and kiss it, keep holding her hand and look deeply into her eyes, staying silent for a little bit, and then ask quietly:
“Hey…I want to take you out some where nice some time…”

OK. You are starting to freak me out, let´s just go over there where all those lovely people are standing.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405524 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements