Topic Options
#148515 - 03/02/06 06:16 PM Satanism & Life.
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Satanism IS life; they're not separate.

This is a confusing concept for many.

Satanism is the worship of life.

There's no conditional aspect. Your life is the most important thing to you. Rationality is the only requirement.

Many aspects of life can be unappealing, however, they are still a part of YOU. Satanism doesn't ask that you sever parts of yourself. Satanism doesn't ask that you condemn natural instinct and reactions. On the contrary, Satanism is the realization of those instincts. Satanism is a reflection and acceptance of the ego; an extension of LIFE.

Some things in life may cause you unwanted anxiety, stress, depression, anger, fear etc.

Satanism does not condemn the emotion, but rather the events that caused them.

Emotion is an integral part of LIFE. Human's are creatures of emotion, without which life is bland and colorless. Emotion is the spice of life. It allows us to define and categorize events and situations in accordance with our PLEASURE.

Self-awareness is an important trait for the Satanist. The ability to realize that emotion, no matter how distateful, is just another part of the human condition. If an emotion is harmful to your happiness, take measures to avoid the process that stimulated that emotion. But do not consider yourself any less a Satanist for experiencing unwanted emotion.

I reiterate, Satanism is the foundation of LIFE and LIFE is the foundation of Satanism; meaningful and unsuppressed life. Leave suppression at the door. Once you've self-actualized and taken the steering wheel of your life, accept that life unequivocally; even if acceptance means that you take the bad with the good.

Satanists don't complain about mistakes, they learn from them and subsequently avoid them.

Satanism upholds the pursuit of happiness. Dwelling on mistakes and stewing in emotional turmoil is not a road travelled to happiness. However, they are inevitable roadblocks that one will face. Learn to spot them and avoid them. But on the off chance you hit one, don't beat yourself up. Just back up, regroup and continue past them. That is the essence of Satanism.

In the end, all that is your's is your LIFE; the rest you're just borrowing. So try to have fun with it.

#148516 - 03/03/06 09:38 AM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: Poetaster]
d1g1t Offline

Loc: Southwest UK
Your posts never cease to inspire me 'AmbientLogic', and this is by far the best that I have seen!

HAIL SATAN!

#148517 - 03/03/06 03:43 PM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: d1g1t]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Thank you, D1g1t.

#148518 - 03/03/06 04:08 PM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: Poetaster]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I liked this post. It was pleasing to read.

But I must qoute Dale Carnegie here (also in my signature) because it relates to your subject very well.

"Everybody in the world is seeking happiness--and there is one sure way to find it. That is by controlling your thoughts. Happiness doesn't depend on outward conditions. It depends on inner conditions."

Evil spelled backwards is live.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#148519 - 03/03/06 04:15 PM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: Discipline]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

"Everybody in the world is seeking happiness--and there is one sure way to find it. That is by controlling your thoughts. Happiness doesn't depend on outward conditions. It depends on inner conditions."

I like that.

I really need to pick something up by this man.

Do you have any suggestions?

#148520 - 03/03/06 04:18 PM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: Poetaster]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
His book How to Win Friends & Influence People.

But I should also state, that a happy bum is still a bum. Your thoughts do lead to a healthier attitude. However, actions and results lead to a rewarding life.

Like Magister Svengali said before. A decision does not measure up to anything unless it is followed by action.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#148521 - 03/03/06 04:19 PM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: Discipline]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Thank you, Mr. Discipline.

#148522 - 03/05/06 05:32 PM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: Discipline]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

However, actions and results lead to a rewarding life.

Indeed.

Awareness of mistakes and the actions taken to avoid them in future endeavors will lead to a productive lifestyle.

Dwelling on a mistake or emotion past the point of corrective measure is of no use to anyone, though.

As a side note, I purchased the suggested book today, and I must say that I'm thoroughly enjoying the work.

#148523 - 03/05/06 06:46 PM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: Poetaster]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

Glad to see another finding Dale Carnegie. There is a thread on his work should you wish to contribute any thoughts you have on reading, first impressions etc. HERE

I enjoyed reading your post.

#148524 - 03/06/06 01:51 PM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: Poetaster]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
My friend Larry's always saying "LIVE LOVE LIFE." He has a frickin' T-Shirt that says it. Livelovelife is the key to the universe. To live life you must love life. Otherwise you're not really living. You're just waiting to die.

LIVE LOVE LIFE!!!

#148525 - 03/06/06 02:09 PM Re: Satanism & Life. [Re: crackergirl]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

He has a frickin' T-Shirt that says it.

I'd like to have that shirt.

Quote:

To live life you must love life. Otherwise you're not really living. You're just waiting to die.

Exactly.

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406357 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements