Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#14899 - 10/29/03 06:04 AM READING ASSIGNMENT
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
READING ASSIGNMENT:

For those here not yet affiliated with the Church of Satan:

SATAN SPEAKS! By Anton LaVey, Chapter 60 (Pages 163-164)

That is TWO pages! ...... Think you can handle it?

Read the Chapter.

Thats “It” in a nutshell.

No Excuses!
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#14900 - 10/29/03 06:20 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Volkodlak Offline
CoS Member

Loc: North Las Vegas, NV
Great choice!

Get A Life is one of my favorite essays from Satan Speaks!.

"Affiliation should enhance one's life, rather than be a substitute for it."
-Anton Szandor LaVey, Satan Speaks!

#14901 - 10/29/03 10:58 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Volkodlak]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I was thinking more of the passage that begins "Anyone who resists affiliation with the Church of Satan, yet draws from it for any reason, personal or...."

...... try not to post quotes from the essay. I'd rather make people actually read it if they have it, and actually aquire the book if they don't have it.

We are too generous sometimes.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#14902 - 10/29/03 11:21 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Perndog Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Read it. Understood it. Can't afford it. As soon as I have $100 that's not going toward school expenses, subsistence, and basic luxuries (such as books like Satan Speaks!), the check will be in the mail.

#14903 - 10/29/03 12:06 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't have such a book and I don't want to be faulty.

Do you think of people who are new to the board and claim to be satanist?

Do your think of people who have many posts on the board and are not yet affliated, but show great understanding in satanism?

Do you think of people who reply to the General Satanism area giving advices in a satanic way but are no affliated to the church?

#14904 - 10/29/03 12:16 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT
Blackheart Offline
CoS Member

Loc: England
Would you be so kind as to re-write that in English?

If I understand you correctly (and I am by no means sure I do) then the whole point is that you DO get that book.

Bunny

#14905 - 10/29/03 01:04 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Swordsman Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
After having finished The Devil's notebook, Satan Speaks is next on my reading list, I'll make sure to read that essay well.

Thank you for the pointer, Reverend.
'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity' - Bullet Tooth Tony 'when I die, I will instruct the undertakers to put a bell on my tombstone, just so I can have the pleasure of not getting up when people ring' - Dr. Mossy Lawn

#14906 - 10/29/03 02:21 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Blackheart]
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, I don't have the book. So I ask Reverend Svengali three close questions. By that, I mean I provide possible answers, and want him to pick the best ones. Maybe I just wanted to be a smart ass, or I like to discover the motivation behind one's actions.

#14907 - 10/29/03 03:17 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't have such a book and I don't want to be faulty.

Do your think of people who have many posts on the board and are not yet affliated, but show great understanding in satanism?

Do you think of people who reply to the General Satanism area giving advices in a satanic way but are no affliated to the church?

Kindly re-read the above statements you presented to Rev. Svengali. You might want to work on your grasp of the English language before posting such drivel.

#14908 - 10/29/03 03:41 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Blackheart]
Funeral_march Offline

Loc: (WITHIN)
That sucks I left mine five states away locked in a fire proof vault!

#14909 - 10/29/03 04:20 PM My answers
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA

No, I don't think of them. At least not very often.

I think of them occasionaly.

Rarely.

What was the point to these questions?

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#14910 - 10/29/03 04:21 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
Perhaps his reading assignment should be "The Cat in the Hat."

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#14911 - 10/29/03 04:54 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I am new to this post site, but not new to the teachings and thinkings that this site represents. The chapter you suggested is very timely for me, as all I have read on the site so far is satanists whinning about a funny look they got while getting thier card of membership lamenated, people bashing someone's indulgences, and all around complaining. Maybe that's not all the posts are ever about (I hope not), but I think saying you are something and adhering to it are two very different things. Maybe its cool to be an evil bastard, but don't make the rest of us look like a bunch of fools by wearing the same badge as a real lord of the land. Don't draw from the pool of knowledge of LaVey's teachings represent if you are going to warp what it represents. Right on Svengali !

And no, as of this moment I am not a card carrying member of the church, and a thought out decision is still being formed. I do not believe that a membership is NECCESARY to be a satanist, some of us are simply exo-facto, but adhering and applying is more than part of it.

- Neil Da Great

#14912 - 10/29/03 05:26 PM Locked away in a fireproof box 5 states away. [Re: Funeral_march]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Well, at least it's safe!
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

#14913 - 10/29/03 06:01 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Vincent Offline
CoS Member

Loc: B.C.
I just recieved my membership, so I can read that chapter with a clear conscience now.

It was always only a matter of time...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44445 Topics
407326 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold