Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#14929 - 10/31/03 12:09 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Dreamwalker]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
My comments were directed towards those of you leeching off the peripherary, mooching off the dribs, drabs, and table scraps of the CoS, hanging around straddling the fence, treating their chat-room-like participation in this forum as some kind of ersatz affiliation.

You know who you are.

Those of you who give lip-service as to how much you GET from the works of Dr. LaVey and the Church of Satan while just freeloading along or thinking somehow your prolonged loitering in the free-zone is somehow “giving back.”

You know who you are.

Parasites, moochers, and groupies.

There are people who have been on this forum for years with thousands of posts who have never affiliated with the CoS on the "loophole" that "you don't have to affiliate to be a 'Satanist.'" .....while that is true, it is also a cop-out and bespeaks a complete disrespect and lack of class.

Affiliation is a show of respect. You aren't "buying" something and the CoS certainly isn't "selling."

As far as I’m concerned, ESPECIALLY those people who make posts asking (however confrontationally or meekly): “Where does the money go?” show the most lack of class and should be permanently banned.

Even if someone buys ALL the books AND affiliates, that comes to about $150.

Anyone whining about $150. makes me want to regurgitate. That is not even a FRACTION of what I spend on books in ONE MONTH. And certainly not a fraction of what some here probably waste on essentially disposable CDs, video games, DVDs etc. at the same time they whine about affiliating “someday.”

You know who you are.

If excuses were horses, losers would ride.

Now I’ll sit back and wait for some ignorant asshole to accuse me of “proselytizing.”
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#14930 - 10/31/03 12:26 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Dreamwalker Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs
Thank you for the clarification.

#14931 - 10/31/03 12:27 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
The funny thing is, that some people who know about my membership accused me of joining to quickly. I told them that showing respect for the work of Dr.LaVey and the CoS, as well as recognizing yourself as a Satanist when reading The Satanic Bible is not a matter of time.
You show respect - or you don't.
You find yourself in TSB - or you don't.

I also agree to your argument concerning the $100. That's what I spend for some books, CDs or going out with my girl on one day. That is really not much money if you have a job. And if not, you should think about your priorities in life.

#14932 - 10/31/03 07:06 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT
ochsenschaedel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nürnberg, Germany
Well, whatever your motivation or intent was... You failed miserably!
Why not repost that drivel after you've put some thought and translation into it.
You were asked to read 2 pages of a book. If you do not want to or can't for whatever reason, then why reply???

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. " ...Friedrich Nietzsche

#14933 - 10/31/03 07:15 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Dreamwalker]
ochsenschaedel Offline
CoS Member

It doesn't really matter, does it?
If you want to become a member, then do so.
If you do not, then don't. Buying a few books is a start but not a substitute.
I used to own a book called "You can do the cube" I read the damn thing 10 times and I still suck at solving Rubik's Cube. Would it have helped to actually buy a cube?

HS!
Markus

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. " ...Friedrich Nietzsche

#14934 - 10/31/03 07:27 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT
ochsenschaedel Offline
CoS Member

You seem to be aquite shallow in your assumptions.
You take a quick glance at a few posts and assume to know what they are about. You spend 5 days!!! on this forum and you think you know all that goes on here. There are thousands and thousands of posts here. There is no way in hell that you have read them all in 5 days. So why bitch that all you see is whining etc.? A great deal of the forum is not even accessible to you without the red card.
Take my advice and just hang out and read lots before you post.
There's little I hate more than people who complain that the museum sucks before they have even passed security.

#14935 - 10/31/03 12:37 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: ochsenschaedel]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If you do not want to or can't for whatever reason, then why reply???

Svengali is a reverend and I'm a stranger. He wrote explicitly at the end of his post No Excuse . I try to respect those I visit, even through the internet.
I have not the book, so my ignorance could make me post something I shouldn't.
I guessed which people this tread was written for in regard with this statement written by reverend Svengali "Anyone who resists affiliation with the Church of Satan, yet draws from it for any reason, personal or". (10/29/03 10:58 AM)

I came up with three possibilities.

1) Those who are new to this board and claim to be satanist.
2) Those who have many post and show great understanding of satanism (Someone mentioned Ravehael and El Cabron)
3) Those who are new to this board and have replied to defend satanism.

#14936 - 11/01/03 11:35 AM C. Part of the landscape... [Re: Svengali]
Valinda Offline

C. Part of the landscape...
My thought or excuse has always been that I didn't want to join just to join. My intention has always been to be out of mutual respect when I joined. From what I understood, mutual respect would never be gained just from joining. If someone you respect doesn't want you there, how would that be out of resepect?

Money is not an issue, especially when you go to the store and spend 200 on food. Anyone who is worried about 100 should reconsider their financial situation.

I am 20, found the CoS website when I was 15, following links of all things.

#14937 - 11/01/03 11:55 AM Two Questions [Re: Valinda]
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
What has the Church of Satan done for you?

What have you done for the Church of Satan?

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#14938 - 11/01/03 12:01 PM Re: Two Questions [Re: C_D_McKinna]
Valinda Offline

What has the Church of Satan done for you?
Provided knowledge that there are others out there. Provided documentation and a consistancy you don't find very often.

What have you done for the Church of Satan?
Nothing, what can I do? I never saw joining as doing something, more as asking CoS to do more.

#14939 - 11/02/03 12:57 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
Quote:

There are people who have been on this forum for years with thousands of posts who have never affiliated with the CoS on the "loophole" that "you don't have to affiliate to be a 'Satanist.'" .....while that is true, it is also a cop-out and bespeaks a complete disrespect and lack of class.

Perhaps there should be a limit to how many posts a non-affiliated member of this board can make before he/she affiliates. There's also the old idea of making the entire forum CoS-members-only...but that would kick me out of the picture.
(For the record, I plan on buying myself a certain $100 gift on my birthday this coming December. )

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#14940 - 11/03/03 08:56 AM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT
ochsenschaedel Offline
CoS Member

I have not the book, so my ignorance could make me post something I shouldn't.

Then why do you?!?

#14941 - 11/03/03 01:22 PM I have known my place for quite some time now. [Re: Svengali]
TAYLOR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Wandering in Carcosa
Well Sir, I am part of the Solution and have taken a more active role in my approach. I use my art.

I paint the thrilling.
http://www.taylor9.com/
(High quality prints of my work are now available.)

#14942 - 11/03/03 08:35 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: ochsenschaedel]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're so predictable.

#14943 - 11/05/03 06:28 PM Re: Really? [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

Being a god, however, is something that really few people consciously choose. But while you might say that there is something you have to do, I say that god does not have to do anything in order to indulge in being a god, except for just consciously being it. In fact, there is really nothing that has to be done.

Oh? How would you DO that?

(Sorry. Just kidding! )
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My first audio interview on GREATER MAGIC
My second audio interview by Rev Campbell

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44435 Topics
407317 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold