Topic Options
#14944 - 11/06/03 09:40 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
theBecoming Offline
CoS Member

Thank you I really needed that.

#14945 - 11/06/03 09:45 PM Re: My answers [Re: C_D_McKinna]
theBecoming Offline
CoS Member

You are right. Honestly even as an outsider I rarely even read what the Orange people have to say. It is time to take some action.

#14946 - 11/10/03 11:06 AM Insight fools [Re: Svengali]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The most insignificant of the spectrums are the voids joining the CoS in search for identity.

The referal paragraph off of the chapter you kindly brought up is one of the ones I like best on Satan Speaks! as it treats that matter wisely, heh.

Have a life before arrival. Be your own savoiur and redeemer. No need for report. Says who a laugh can't be funny becuse you choose to keep it for yourself? Otherwise, unwelcomed neurosis of sorts will arise, sooner or later, to be seen. Un-Satanic.

Great post. However unfortunatly not appreciated. Pigs can't sing. Nevermind read or assimlilate information. Entertainment as it was. Bring Me The Head Of Bin Laden!

It irks me to see people here who do not have any accordance whatsoever to Herr Doktor's works, lingering. View reply pages? Listen.

No clue why they even join the CoS. Not interested in it not even in the slightless, regardless.

#14947 - 07/31/05 12:42 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

READING ASSIGNMENT:

For those here not yet affiliated with the Church of Satan:

SATAN SPEAKS! By Anton LaVey, Chapter 60 (Pages 163-164)

That is TWO pages! ...... Think you can handle it?

Read the Chapter.

Thats “It” in a nutshell.

No Excuses!

Back to the top.

..... read in conjunction with THIS.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#14948 - 07/31/05 12:50 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I'll reiterate this too:

My comments were directed towards those of you leeching off the peripherary, mooching off the dribs, drabs, and table scraps of the CoS, hanging around straddling the fence, treating their chat-room-like participation in this forum as some kind of ersatz affiliation.

You know who you are.

Those of you who give lip-service as to how much you GET from the works of Dr. LaVey and the Church of Satan while just freeloading along or thinking somehow your prolonged loitering in the free-zone is somehow “giving back.”

You know who you are.

Parasites, moochers, and groupies.

There are people who have been on this forum for years with thousands of posts who have never affiliated with the CoS on the "loophole" that "you don't have to affiliate to be a 'Satanist.'" .....while that is true, it is also a cop-out and bespeaks a complete disrespect and lack of class.

Affiliation is a show of respect. You aren't "buying" something and the CoS certainly isn't "selling."

As far as I’m concerned, ESPECIALLY those people who make posts asking (however confrontationally or meekly): “Where does the money go?” show the most lack of class and should be permanently banned.

Even if someone buys ALL the books AND affiliates, that comes to about $250.

Anyone whining about $250. makes me want to regurgitate. That is not even a FRACTION of what I spend on books in ONE MONTH. And certainly not a fraction of what some here probably waste on essentially disposable CDs, video games, DVDs etc. at the same time they whine about affiliating “someday.”

You know who you are.

If excuses were horses, losers would ride.

Now I’ll sit back and wait for some ignorant asshole to accuse me of “proselytizing.”
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#14949 - 07/31/05 07:07 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: Svengali]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
It seems to be that the biggest misconception about the 200 dollars 'fee' to join the Church of Satan is that you're buying something with the money. As you stated, it's more of a donation to a worthy organization that you submit your 200 dollars. The Church is just gracious enough to give you it's acknowledgement in return.

I too have wondered why a few forum members have been around for years and posted hundreds of times without ever either taking the time to e-mail the proper people their card or join at all. My reasons for not joining as of yet are logical to me, and I will be sending my 'donation' within the next few months.

In a twist of irony I'm using the tips I get from work under my catholic boss to purchase LaVey's works, and Satan Speaks is next on my list.

#14951 - 08/01/05 03:18 PM Re: READING ASSIGNMENT [Re: ]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

I could have sworn Anton wrote something along those lines.

Somehow, I doubt you were on intimate enough terms with Dr. LaVey to be calling him "Anton." How presumptuous.

Quote:

Obviously the Church is okay with minor parasitic tendencies as they are providing free forums for discussion, but also keep some private so that one would want to move beyond them.

If you are referring to Letters To The Devil, you are incorrect in your assumption. LttD is provided to all of us by a member of the Church of Satan, albeit a very upstanding one. It is NOT an "official" CoS message board, and I believe there is an essay on the official site that covers this quite nicely. People assume too often that merely because one of our titled members provides services or entertainment to others, it is automatically assumed to be an official CoS thing, when it's not.

If you knew this, then this message is for practically everyone else who misses this simple fact (and might just be transparently relying on the Internet for their education, identity, etc, in the process).

Purging Talon | Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon

Terror Transmission | TT on iTunes | TT on Facebook | TT on Twitter | TT on Google+ | TT on YouTube | TT on tumblr
--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44446 Topics
407327 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold