Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#149086 - 03/05/06 12:47 AM A Satanic Eye for Form
Asenath Offline

We've seen them and rolled our eyes in painful recognition. You know the ones - bra straps ravelling and sliding off their shoulders, stained beer bellies, or slacks stretched too tight. We can nearly see their minds grinding to a slow halt and the drool forming on their lower lips.

They have no sense of aesthetics, nor an awareness of the face they present to the world. We, of course, do. But how much of that "dark beauty" is mental, and how much of it is directly related to the physical care we take for ourselves?

Let me illustrate with a common example among the idiot-brigade. A woman with no pride in herself and a myriad of excuses for her supposed emotional troubles, may eat herself into a body she can't stand. However, she persists in sitting on her ass and sulking. How many Satanists would do that? I don't mean during the down-days, I mean the all-the-time-days. It seems to me that a Satanist would take the care to become active and strong, thereby developing confidence and some physical aesthetics, which can then be used as a springboard for more awareness of form.

As Satanists, our first concern is for our own well being. How many ways can you find that your own sense of beauty is impacted by the steps you take toward happiness and your personal goals?

#149087 - 03/05/06 10:28 AM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Asenath]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
You've just struck pet peeve gold with me.

I hate how ugly (especially fat and ugly) people seem to be content to make themselves fatter and uglier. Flowered mumus. Sweat pants. Stained shirts.

When society doesn't consider you attractive for some reason, you either need to exploit that by making yourself intriguingly ugly or odd, or you need to figure out how to dress and apply make-up so as to de-accentuate your hideousness or properly and attractively present your obesity.

Queen Latifah is technically fat, and she's one of the most beautiful women alive, because of how she takes care of herself, obviously feels about herself, and presents herself. Chubby people, take note.

There are many people with facial scars, big wrinkles, weird noses, bug-eyes, and the like who inspire fascination, instead of total revulsion, because of how they've worked with what they have, and because of the "aura" they project based on how they perceive themselves. Freaky-looking people, take note.

Of course, that takes time and self-awareness, so.....

Then, there are the girls whose thongs are showing. Every bone in my body begs to let me give them a wedgie.

Oh, and people who adorn themselves with product placements. I don't really care if you mean to advertise Camel or Nike deliberately, it still looks tacky, and still makes you look like a walking advert. Ugh.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#149088 - 03/05/06 10:42 AM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: TrojZyr]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

Queen Latifah

Quote:

and she's one of the most beautiful women alive

Between this... and Colonel Akula's insistance that Angelina Jolie is actually ugly... and my unquenchable lust for Shondrella Avery (chick de la black en la Napoleon Dynamite).

No matter... unapologetic individualistic Satanic fetishistic diversity in action!

Perfect!!!

Cada cabeza es un mundo.

But yes, Latifah does go the extra mile to make the best of her, uh, "situation".

HS!

#149089 - 03/05/06 11:10 AM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Asenath]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

As Satanists, our first concern is for our own well being. How many ways can you find that your own sense of beauty is impacted by the steps you take toward happiness and your personal goals?

Not to be contentious, the First Law is Self Preservation.
After that, my first concern is my own personal pleasure. My diet and exercise habits are tailored for my pleasure, not health.
I go to the gymn a couple times a week, because it brings my bood pressure down, and feels good. I eat what I enjoy. I am healthy, and, according to standardized charts (sheepish?) am over-weight.
I am also devistatingly good looking, and would NOT kick Queen Latifah out of my bed for eating my crackers...if I enjoyed crackers.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#149090 - 03/05/06 11:56 AM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Asenath]
uncleherpe Offline

I look like a fucking slob most of the time. I dont dress up unless I am going somewhere important. I dont care to interact with people most of the time when I go out and so looking like shit suits me just fine, no one wants to flirt or annoy me with their bullshit.

I really dislike your fat example. Im not going to get into semantics here, but I dont think everyone who is fat is that way because they are lazy fucks who eat pie all day. Plus, some people actually find fat attractive.

#149091 - 03/05/06 12:41 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: uncleherpe]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

I look like a fucking slob most of the time. I dont dress up unless I am going somewhere important. I dont care to interact with people most of the time when I go out and so looking like shit suits me just fine,

so this is the way you reward yourself being your own god ?

#149092 - 03/05/06 12:44 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: uncleherpe]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Your final sentence there seems to negate most of what you said before it.

Yes, there are some fat fetishists, though this seems to be a very very small compensation for all the drawbacks to being fat, in My opinion.

With regards to how you look... Have you read The Satanic Witch?

#149093 - 03/05/06 01:33 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Asenath]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
While I certainly understand that making oneself attractive can have many perks, deliberately repelling others can also have perks. Sometimes you just want to be left alone.

Fortunately, there is something about me that attracts a certain unique type of person and keeps the rest at a distance. Like minds always seem to find me (and often end up taking a manner of subordinate position naturally) without much effort on my part. I can't honestly say that I know why.

#149094 - 03/05/06 01:34 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: uncleherpe]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
You get what you put in.

If you look and act like a slob, you'll be treated like a slob.

Respect is earned, not given.

I can't respect someone that deliberately maintains slovenliness.

This of course is my opinion and not a spoken Satanic rule.

Though I do think you're lacking perspective.

#149095 - 03/05/06 01:55 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Asenath]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
The way a person looks should be foremost important to themselves, if they are happy with it then who cares what anyone else thinks?

However, if you are using the principles of the Satanic Witch and it isnít working for you then you may wish to rethink the way you dress and so forth. I am a woman, happily so, I like to look and feel like a woman and I do not have any desire to hide it form anyone. I on occasion dress very businesslike as it is expected in the industry for which I make a living, but for the most part I wear what could only be termed feminine clothing. I do play around with different looks and can look very matronly if I wish but I do not feel comfortable this way and only do it if I need too. (The picture you see of me in my avatar wearing menís clothing, is not something I normally would wear, and in fact it was the photographers suit. I refuse to be the only person on a photo shoot who is naked!)

I do not feel that dressing like white trash is attractive to most people, unless they themselves are white trash, then I suppose it is blouse ripping sensual!

Being overweight is one of the fastest ways to shorten your life. There are all of the medical problems that come with being over weight, and the mental problems associated with the self-hating, it can cause more depression, suicide and anger then most other problems. This ages you mentally as well as physically, making you old before your time.

I think a great many women, and mostly those who are young lack self confidence, especially if they do not fit into that media hyped idea of what a woman is suppose to look like now days, Tall, skinny to the point of not being able to tell her from a skeleton, no curves and a bust line that is virtually invisible. Or the extreme opposite. You have to work with what you have, or can afford to pay a doctor to get! There are also physiological reasons for many women to down play their assetís, as well as business ones.

Just my two cents worth.

#149096 - 03/05/06 11:32 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Assabrah]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Quote:

I look like a fucking slob most of the time. I dont dress up unless I am going somewhere important. I dont care to interact with people most of the time when I go out and so looking like shit suits me just fine,

so this is the way you reward yourself being your own god ?

yeah, I dont have to put up with retards trying to get in my pants when I am completely disinterested. I wear comfortable clothes that feel good on my skin. I wear things that amuse me. I feel plenty rewarded.

Dressing up and putting on make up and waxing and plucking and shopping is NOT A REWARD. Its freaking annoying and I would rather not deal with it unless it benefits me. Like, say if I am going to a job interview.

I dont think I will gain anything by dressing up to go to dairy queen. or 711. I dont go out to socialize very often. I only really go out when i need something.

Quote:

You get what you put in.

If you look and act like a slob, you'll be treated like a slob.

Respect is earned, not given.

I can't respect someone that deliberately maintains slovenliness.

This of course is my opinion and not a spoken Satanic rule.

Though I do think you're lacking perspective.

oh, you dont respect me now because i dont like skirts or make up? thats nice. I have an appearance that suits my needs and is quite effective at making people leave me the fuck alone. I dont see how this is in opposition to satanic principles, i use my appearance to get what i want. I do not consider personal style when I decide who is respectable, that would feel pretty fake to me. Pretty friggin shallow, too.

Im not sure what you mean people will treat me like a slob. do you mean friends? customer service reps? I dont want to make an elaborate reply when I dont know exactly what you were getting at when you said that part.

============

oh, just to clarify- i am not fat at all.

Edited by uncleherpe (03/05/06 11:45 PM)

#149097 - 03/06/06 06:52 AM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Asenath]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Agreed people (male or female) who don't pay enough attention to their image/appearence regardless of how down/depressed/un-confident they feel do I think create a lot of their own problems.

vanity is a great way of boosting your self confidence and giving yourself an air of social comfort. I myself am not so self deluded to think I am particularly physically attractive, however I do the best with what I've got and am happy with the image I see in the mirror 99.9% of the time.

My only concern is that the importance of appearence/image has had a hand in creating the "celebrity" obsessed culture in which we now live. She/he may have nothing interesting to say or relate, or have any challenging or interesting opinions on anything, but hey they LOOK GREAT !

Getting the balance right between the care you take in your physical appearence and the taking care of your intellectual character is important.

People are often mis-judged because of their physical appearence which can lead to bullying, persecution, harassment etc. I was labelled a thug in public by a group of female senior citizens in a shopping centre because I was wearing a black t-shirt bearing the image of a werewolf and because I was (shock, horror) wearing my baseball cap backwards !

I truly am a rebel without a cause.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#149098 - 03/06/06 07:49 AM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: uncleherpe]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

I dont see how this is in opposition to satanic principles

I never said it was.

I made it clear that I was expressing my opinion.

Which I still hold.

The rest is self-explanatory.

#149099 - 03/06/06 01:35 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Asenath]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
It is very important to take care of yourself. If you've ever seen that movie "Supersize Me," you'll know what all that crap food can lead to. I have to have my Big Mac here an there, but if I eat too much of that greasy stuff, I'll get sick.
I don't see what the big deal is. It's simple, really. You eat right 80% of the time (80% fresh fruit and veggies in your diet is enough to keep you thin and happy, but it gives you a little wiggle room with that other 20% so you can have your cake and eat it too), and you exercise. Lift weights three days a week and make sure you do cardio six days a week. It takes less than an hour for most (I go for two hours a day because I'm closer to that 9 o' clock spot than I'd like to be sometimes). Any one can find a little bit of time during the day to get off his ass. It's not that frickin' hard, and I hate hearing people whine about it. It's just annoying. So much static caused over something so simple.
It's really not that damn hard to look good. Well, it's not for me anyway!

#149100 - 03/06/06 07:00 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: crackergirl]
Dak Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Somewhere else
Quote:

It's simple, really. You eat right 80% of the time (80% fresh fruit and veggies in your diet is enough to keep you thin and happy, but it gives you a little wiggle room with that other 20% so you can have your cake and eat it too), and you exercise. Lift weights three days a week and make sure you do cardio six days a week.

I agree fitness is necessary to sustain long healthy life, and appearance is very important too. As devil's advocate though, What about these two words --- Gluttony and sloth?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements