Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#149101 - 03/06/06 11:04 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: crackergirl]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

It is very important to take care of yourself. If you've ever seen that movie "Supersize Me," you'll know what all that crap food can lead to. I have to have my Big Mac here an there, but if I eat too much of that greasy stuff, I'll get sick.
I don't see what the big deal is. It's simple, really. You eat right 80% of the time (80% fresh fruit and veggies in your diet is enough to keep you thin and happy, but it gives you a little wiggle room with that other 20% so you can have your cake and eat it too), and you exercise. Lift weights three days a week and make sure you do cardio six days a week. It takes less than an hour for most (I go for two hours a day because I'm closer to that 9 o' clock spot than I'd like to be sometimes). Any one can find a little bit of time during the day to get off his ass. It's not that frickin' hard, and I hate hearing people whine about it. It's just annoying. So much static caused over something so simple.
It's really not that damn hard to look good. Well, it's not for me anyway!

genetics play a huge role. I knew a family growing up that were very active together, and they didnt eat crappy food all the time but ALL of them were fairly fat. Not completely obese, but sure as hell not skinny. Being there and making assumptions about their lifestyle and then learning I was completely wrong stuck with me. Its scary to think how miserable they would be to try and achieve being attractivley thin, im sure almost anyone without an eating disorder would say "FUCK IT!". I was no way near as healthy as their family was, but I was a lot skinnier and didnt get made fun of at school like she did.

Most of the time when I hear people bitching about their weight they are skinny cunts looking for compliments. I really dont hear fat people complain openly about their weight because they just know it can easily become downright cruel.

#149103 - 03/07/06 10:19 AM Re: Observations. [Re: ]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Indeed. "I'm desperate for you to pay attention to me!" People can smell desperation and self-hatred from miles away, if only subconsciously.

Another peeve of mine: pre-teenage girls dressing in older teenage clothes, so that their baby fat hangs out from under their baby tees and hip-hugger jeans. Creepy, stupid, and gross.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#149104 - 03/07/06 01:13 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Dak]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

I agree fitness is necessary to sustain long healthy life, and appearance is very important too. As devil's advocate though, What about these two words --- Gluttony and sloth?

What about pride?
Here's your analogy. It's all well and good to sit around the house watching TV instead of participating in a good old fashioned barn raising. However, if you laze around for too long, pretty soon winter sets in and the cattle are left to freeze to death in the fields. It's about balance. You read my post, and you even quoted the part I'm going to talk about now. You only have to be "good" 80% of the time. The other 20% is full of liquor, spareribs, and cheesecake. Drink up! Eat up! Have a goddamn good time, but remember that if you don't take steps to prevent it, all this good shit will end up on your ass.

#149105 - 03/14/06 02:39 AM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Asenath]
sCara Offline

I take care of myself, on my terms, for the sheer pleasure of it.

I am one of the fortunate ones that can eat just about whatever I want whenever I want and maintain, if not lose, weight. Breakfast is usually a cup of coffee and something chocolate. I am a snacker, the only real meal for me is dinner. I love to bake and get disgusted when any sort of "low fat" food gets in my way when I'm shopping.

I exercise very little and, when I do, most like to walk or just stretch until it feels right for me.

The only person to see me as much as I see myself is my husband. A luxury of working from home. Not only do I want to look good for myself, but it is obviously to my benefit to keep his eyes in my direction. Taking the whopping few minutes needed to apply a bit of makeup, pamper my skin and change into another cute, 'round the house dress makes sure of this..

Oh, but going outside, I am practically assaulted by ugly! Exactly the sort you are describing here. I look forward to being rich enough to "come down with" full blown agoraphobia!

#149106 - 03/14/06 12:43 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: TrojZyr]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Quote:

Queen Latifah is technically fat, and she's one of the most beautiful women alive, because of how she takes care of herself, obviously feels about herself, and presents herself. Chubby people, take note.

I knew a woman that worked with me. She was like this, she walked into a room and it was like birds singing. No one besides her has ever had this affect on me, she glowed. I had to ask someone else if she had the same affect on them, and she did. Always makes for a pleasanter work experience. There is over weight, and there is slovenly. There is being of older age, and still being young. A weird thing presence is.

#149107 - 03/14/06 12:52 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Assabrah]
VKat Offline

Quote:

Quote:

I look like a fucking slob most of the time. I dont dress up unless I am going somewhere important. I dont care to interact with people most of the time when I go out and so looking like shit suits me just fine,

so this is the way you reward yourself being your own god ?

I don't know that her idea of slob is really our idea of slob. Women tend to be more critical of themselves and their appearance. Some girls dress every day as if they are going out to dinner. Others like to dress what is more appropriate for the time. You can wear comfortable pants and shirt and still look nice, just not dressed up.

#149108 - 03/14/06 01:06 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: VKat]
uncleherpe Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I look like a fucking slob most of the time. I dont dress up unless I am going somewhere important. I dont care to interact with people most of the time when I go out and so looking like shit suits me just fine,

so this is the way you reward yourself being your own god ?

I don't know that her idea of slob is really our idea of slob. Women tend to be more critical of themselves and their appearance. Some girls dress every day as if they are going out to dinner. Others like to dress what is more appropriate for the time. You can wear comfortable pants and shirt and still look nice, just not dressed up.

my clothes would fit into whats 'normal' for guys, mens clothes actually have POCKETS and fit comfortably. I like polo shirts and army pants and sneakers. I like to look somewhat in the middle of both genders, having people guess what i am. i get a kick out of it.

#149109 - 03/14/06 01:30 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: Asenath]
VKat Offline

I really walk the line on this one. For instance, wearing a long skirt with tennis shoes is not considered great social aesthetics. I've come to terms with it as being a part of my personality.

There are times when I've went out, wanting to be social and dressed up. What I found is that people are more intimidated to talk to you when you look to good. Some times down playing it a bit can work to a better advantage. Reading some posts below, sometimes being a slob can attract guys, because they see that you have a low self worth and are easier to take advantage of. Not saying that you are, but that is the impression that is given. So you might think that it means a guy doesn't care about the way you look. When really he sees you as an easy target.

It amazes me, the women I see that once where a prefect size for themselves. Later they get really huge, who knows why. They didn't grow up that way, they became that. We like to call this MS disease, Massive Size disease. Funny how many complications from having MS can keep you on disability. One gal I ran into now claims that she now has a Muscular disease. I have to stop and wonder if she never uses her muscles so they are going away. I noticed that some diseases can't be tested for, and are really just a guess.

I've found that most things that I don't like about myself actually attract someone else. Like hearing that most women don't like their own butt's no matter what size shape they are. I try and tell women to take four steps back from the mirror; this is what most people see you as. I'm still battling acne, but I'm convinced that coverup makes your face age. I have a higher interest in what I will look like as I age, then particularly what clothes I wear. I will never fit into the fashion world. Gave up trying to fit in aesthetically socially a long time ago. Now I just do what is aesthetically pleasing to me. Besides I've grown accustom to not fitting into any picture. Beauty in clumsiness.

Remember not eating can also be a sign of this, "A woman with no pride in herself and a myriad of excuses for her supposed emotional troubles, may eat herself into a body she can't stand." Wondering how many anorexics the new over the counter weight loss pill is going to kill.

#149110 - 03/14/06 01:38 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: uncleherpe]
VKat Offline

Okay so you don't dress like a slob. You dress in more masculine clothing. I've seen a lot of women who do this, not sure why. I could dress in a sheet, robe, or nothing at all and be more comfortable. I see some sort of artistic value in dressing feminine. I don't find it attractive when women don't dress feminine, so I dress feminine. In the end itís a display, depends on what you are selling to people. Besides that personally I could give a shit less, what I wear is not who I am.

#149111 - 03/14/06 04:55 PM Re: A Satanic Eye for Form [Re: VKat]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

I see some sort of artistic value in dressing feminine. I don't find it attractive when women don't dress feminine, so I dress feminine. In the end itís a display, depends on what you are selling to people. Besides that personally I could give a shit less, what I wear is not who I am. *

*Emphasis added by me

The way I see it, this is exactly the point of The Satanic Witch. Good to see that the message was not lost on you.

SETI@Home Team

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12019 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405226 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements