Topic Options
#149221 - 03/05/06 11:46 PM Remember me on each visit button.
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
I'm confused about the "Remember me on each visit" button. I've recently tried to use it, but it appears to not be working. My understanding of it, is that it's supposed to automatically log a person in. When I press it, it doesn't do anything.
Undercroft Sign Up

#149222 - 03/07/06 09:52 AM Re: Remember me on each visit button. [Re: Enchantress]
UmbraeNoctem Offline
Banned

Loc: Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, USA
Greetings Enchantrix,

This feature has worked great for me. The problem you are having is caused by something on your end.

For me to troubleshoot the problem I need to know what browser you are using, virus scanner/firewalls, anti-ad programs (or any privacy software for that matter), etc etc.
Has it worked before? If so, what changes have you made that could have caused it?

If it worked before and you haven't made any changes recently, it could be as simple as deleting your cookies and letting the cookie reestablish itself.

Alien Elite.
Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#149223 - 03/07/06 10:24 PM Re: Remember me on each visit button. [Re: UmbraeNoctem]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
I do have my firewall and internet privacy settings set pretty high - it could be that the signal is getting blocked. I thought that something might be not working as it should, but you're probably right - it's probably getting blocked on my end!

Thank you for your reply though!
Undercroft Sign Up

#149224 - 03/09/06 11:37 PM Re: Remember me on each visit button. [Re: Enchantress]
UmbraeNoctem Offline
Banned

Loc: Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, USA
I am 99% sure you cookies are getting deleted / your browser is not accepting cookies and/or the cookies are set to expire.

All of this is software controlled. Meaning it is a setting in a firewall or browser.

Without knowing the name of these programs, I can help you no further.

Alien Elite.
Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#149225 - 03/10/06 08:24 AM Re: Remember me on each visit button. [Re: Enchantress]
Achilles Offline

If I can be of help, I have a similar problem every now and then with the log in. It might not be the same problem, but I usually go to "Tools," then "Internet Options," and then click on "Delete Cookies." It works wonders and fixes the problem. You may have the same problem. Let me know if deleting and refreshing the cookies works. If not, UmbraeNoctem is right on the softwares.

Forum Stats
12011 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405203 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements