Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#149361 - 03/06/06 03:48 PM Ever feel like this?
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
It is not okay, to complain to me about other people complaining about you! Try fixing the problem.

It is not okay to whine at me about other people whining about you! I donít give a flying damn.

It is not okay to pout at me because of people who ignore you! I donít care.

It is not okay to tell me your every little bullshit problem! Tell someone who cares.

It is not okay to piss off everyone around you just because you are pissed off! Honey catching flies and all of that, ever heard of it?

It is not okay to lie about whom you know or who knows you! YOU will be found out.

It is not okay to lie about lying about everything I said in the previous sentence! YOU are an idiot.

It is not okay to clog up everyoneís email box with any of this fucking crap! Have a nice day!

#149362 - 03/06/06 05:06 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Yeah, I get that feeling a lot...

#149363 - 03/06/06 05:56 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
I used to at times, until I stopped allowing myself to be plagued by it.

One phrase I have used hundreds of times over the years that really seems to work is "I don't need to know." Some people may feel a little put off by it, so what. If I have to, I will immediately walk away. And that will be the end of it.

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#149364 - 03/06/06 06:40 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Tathariant Offline

Loc: Preston, UK
All too often. I find that 'giving the evils' to irritants solves the problem quite quickly.

#149365 - 03/06/06 10:48 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Maya]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
Well....you do have that dr. phil appearance. People just wanna tell you everything about themselves.

#149366 - 03/06/06 11:09 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
uncleherpe Offline

i try to be entertained rather than annoyed. works for me!

it was hard to get my natural reaction from a frown to a laugh,
but damn it was worth it to have a sense of humor about people
that bother me.

#149367 - 03/07/06 12:08 AM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

I used to be someone that people would gravitate towards to tell their problems, so understand the feeling. It took the lesson of my own problems being aggravated due to spending too much time helping others, that led me to adopt a new and much healthier stance. Not giving a crap. Now people don't bother telling me.

#149368 - 03/07/06 05:53 AM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Yes psychic vampires come in all shapes and sizes, there are many people out there who see no wrong in burdening other people with their "problems".

I have been a shoulder to cry on in the past for various people and have learned in the long run this tends to be a one sided thing, try burdening the person with YOUR problems and they will be conspicious by their absence.

Apart from my girlfriend, immediate family and my daugther I have no interest in hearing or trying to solve anyone elses problems. I have enough problems of my own that I keep to myself thank you.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#149369 - 03/07/06 12:40 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
SDM Offline
CoS Member

Responding with "Perhaps people would not complain so much about you if you weren't such a chronic complainer yourself" usually puts these people into place.

That said, just walk away. Energy given to these types is energy wasted. Surround yourself with those you want to be around, not those you dislike being around. Even if it's a work situation you can't quite just completely get out of seeing the person for good --- start giving blunt answers to the leeches instead of sympathy, they'll find someone else to bother.

"You know, this is really none of my business (or this has nothing to do with why I'm here today) and I really have to go get _blank_ done now" has never failed yet on the job.

- SDS

#149370 - 03/07/06 12:45 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: ElJago]
SDM Offline
CoS Member

try burdening the person with YOUR problems and they will be conspicious by their absence.

Be cautious who you give ammunition to. I advise strongly against this. Only very close and intimate friends know details of my life and it stays that way for this very reason.

I'd rather be overly paranoid than careless with personal details. Obviously, anyone who can't control their own life will be of no help to you with any problem you may have of your own, so this route would be doing nothing but likely causing you problems in the future.

No, thanks. I'd rather bypass that drama.

- SDS

#149371 - 03/07/06 01:00 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
Damn, someone pissed Ms. Scarlet off! Yeah, man, I know what it feels like to hear all the whining crap and the email crap..."Love, your friend, somefuckinbodyIneverheardofinmygoddamnlife" and all that. Ick. They all want something they can never have, and when they realize they can't get it from you, they try to make your life as miserable as theirs. Frickin' worthless! I wish it was legal to kill these people. For now, we'll just have to rip them from limb to limb emotionally instead. It's a start.

#149372 - 03/07/06 02:19 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Exanimus Offline

Loc: NC
Behemoth is right, but I think you look much better than dr. phil

#149373 - 03/07/06 06:16 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Do you feel better now?.....

Remember you came to whine here too, with myspace. So, see, there are things hard to avoid.

#149374 - 03/07/06 07:45 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Aside from my email box which is not clogged up, Iíll say a big fat YES! In fact I have just addressed these very same issues with a girlfriend of mine who has become an annoying blood sucking, energy draining pain in my fucking ass.
I had lost touch with her for a couple of years. Isnít it funny how people just don't get it? She blames everyone in her life for all her shortcomings. I finally told her to get the hell off her lazy ass. Most of the shit she bitched about was very easily fixable. Good riddance to a headache

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#149375 - 03/07/06 08:01 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Dark_Adept]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

So you think I look like Dr. Phil? Thanks. I have been insulted before but I have to say that one takes the cake.

#149376 - 03/07/06 08:03 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Assabrah]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

You want the truth, or do you want me to lie to you?

#149377 - 03/07/06 08:09 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
I hear you.

That's $150 for the session please.

Same time next week?

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#149378 - 03/07/06 08:12 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: gypsy]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Good for you! I find I have less and less patients the last few weeks and sooner or later I am going to blow my top. I keep warning them to stop while they are ahead of the game, so do a few other people around here who know what happens when I am pushed over the edge but the idiots just don't seem to understand and keep pushing the wrong buttons.

As my uncle the hulk once said, ďDonít make me angry, you wouldnít like me when I'm angry!Ē

You think they would take the hint when they see that statement proudly framed and nailed to the wall in my office, butÖ

#149379 - 03/07/06 08:47 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Bedlam]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Sounds good to me!

#149380 - 03/07/06 09:22 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Asenath Offline

You may need to take it out of the frame and nail it with four blood-encrusted stakes, instead.

#149381 - 03/08/06 02:10 AM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

You want the truth, or do you want me to lie to you?

Just do as usual, Scarlet.

#149382 - 03/08/06 01:38 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Assabrah]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

if you're sure that is what you want?

#149383 - 03/08/06 02:01 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
>>As my uncle the hulk once said, ďDonít make me angry, you wouldnít like me when I'm angry!Ē<<

I am all but 5'4" and a mere 115-120lbs most people that know me are afraid to push my buttons. I actually get annoyed with the people that fear me because they are apt to play games and hold back the truth. I see them as wimpy and 2 faced. I have no patients when having to sort through the bullshit to discover their incompetence.

What really urks my nerves is the "I canít get motivated" crap they espouse.
When something needs attention what other motivation do you need?

Sometimes we need to let off a little steam. Thank You Magister Ventrue.

Oh and by the way (If the shoe fits where it.) there is a difference between ranting and whining.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#149384 - 03/08/06 02:02 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

if you're sure that is what you want?

What's the deal here... I don't see any interest in playing such so called "wise minds" little games with these questions/answers....

Kids with an other the top pride do this.. I'd rather play tennis or ping pong instead, because here the goal is to win...But with posts in a forum, there's no cup to win.

If all people were doing this in this section, it would be called " general 'hear me whine and feel sorry for me' discussions".

#149385 - 03/08/06 02:12 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: gypsy]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

I agree. You and I are about the same size, and the people who know me well know better then to tick me off, and have been known to hide from time to time, others are not as swift in this area but they will eventually learn. One learned just today when I fired his worthless ass! I do feel much better now.

I guess to some it is whining, to others a rant, and still to others they simply do not understand either! I am not sure which one this was but it felt more like letting off steam.

#149386 - 03/08/06 07:08 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
ThrashinHellslut Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:

It is not okay to lie about whom you know or who knows you! YOU will be found out.

Not if you're a very, very good liar

#149387 - 03/08/06 09:34 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: ThrashinHellslut]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
"They all float down here. THEY ALL FLOOOAAAAT!"

#149388 - 03/09/06 09:14 AM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: ThrashinHellslut]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

There are many ways to find out if someone is lying, it isnít that complicated.

In this case, someone was claiming to know someone that I happen to be very good friends with, and someone else who, although I did not know personally works with an editor I associate with who does. This manís mistake, was not knowing this information and placing himself in a corner he couldnít get out of. He will not be troubling me again!

#149389 - 03/09/06 02:39 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
ThrashinHellslut Offline

Quote:

There are many ways to find out if someone is lying, it isnít that complicated.

In this case, someone was claiming to know someone that I happen to be very good friends with, and someone else who, although I did not know personally works with an editor I associate with who does. This manís mistake, was not knowing this information and placing himself in a corner he couldnít get out of. He will not be troubling me again!

hehe, okay thats just bad luck (for him). But anyway, it's easy to lie on dumbasses

#149390 - 03/09/06 03:52 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: ThrashinHellslut]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Sometimes its easy on smart asses too!

#149391 - 03/09/06 06:39 PM Re: Ever feel like this? [Re: Witch_Scarlet]
ThrashinHellslut Offline

Quote:

Sometimes its easy on smart asses too!

Always be the smart part. Or at least try to

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >