Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#149612 - 03/07/06 09:10 PM Personal Acomplishments
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Personal accomplishment are very important for a Satanist since is an indicator of how successful an individual is in life. Life is survival, but surviving alone is not all. To be complete, a person should also do things that separate him/her form the herd of mediocrity around him.

When I say “accomplishment” I mean things you have achieved by your own effort. Things that makes you proud of yourself when you look back at your life.

Some of us are artists or musicians. Others use their intelligence to succeed in business. We all have things we have accomplished in life and a list of things we are working on and want to have finished in the future.

I would like to know how other members feel about their present “step” in the ladder of their own personal success.

If you were to write the story of your life so far, to this day, where would you place yourself? Just starting? Half way to the top? Right on the summit laughing at the puny mortals down there?

I know the options of the poll are quite limited, so feel free to expand your answers.
How do you feel about your acomplishments?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 03/07/06 09:07 PM
View the results of this poll.

#149613 - 03/07/06 09:21 PM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
In case anyone is wondering, I selected number two myself. I’m happy with some of the things I have done so far, like publishing my artwork on magazines in various countries. I have also lived through a couple of crazy adventures that would make some fun chapters if I were to write my biography.

But feel the best is yet to come. My “to do” list is pretty long and I have a lot to do before I’ll start feeling satisfied.

#149614 - 03/07/06 09:25 PM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
Asenath Offline

I chose 2, simply for the fact that I haven't had too many years to accompish large goals, and there's so much more to do! Personally, I don't think I could ever stop striving to accomplish things, and just sit back and admire my handiwork. There's forever something engaging to study, do, or explain.

Life, the neverending quest!

#149615 - 03/07/06 10:47 PM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
Dak Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Somewhere else
Quote:

Personal accomplishment are very important for a Satanist

Damn right for this one.

Quote:

A person should also do things that separate him/her form the herd of mediocrity around him.

Everyday when I see people I ask myself, "Why am I better than them?" I know why I am different but that is not enough. Luckily, I have the answers.

Quote:

When I say “accomplishment” I mean things you have achieved by your own effort.

I watched an interveiw with a former Nazi SS officer describing their indoctrination. He said something like, "Europeans are the best race, Germans are the best of the Europeans, and we are the best of the Germans,so we were like gods." It is ridiculous to think that your birth alone will give you the right to claim superiority. You can come with genetic predispositions to help you get started though. I guess you can start with social and financial advantages too. Either way these do not merit respect on their own.

I am a mainstream Satanist and I use traditional measures of wordly success as my markers. With every living breath I am looking to be better, stronger, wealthier, sharper, more beautiful, and happier. I have and will use all means to achieve these ends. "I am a Satanist and the highest embodiment of human life."
Hail Satan! Hail Me!
"High proof ye now have given to be the race of Satan, for I glory in the name Antagonist of heaven's almighty king, amply have merited of me of all Th'infernal empire that so near heaven's door triumphal with triumphal act have met, mine with this glorious work, and made one realm, Hell and this world one realm, one contintent of easy thoroughfare." - Satan, Paradise Lost

www.TheCaveStore.com

#149616 - 03/07/06 10:48 PM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
Noxilenticus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell
I chose number 1. Anyone can write a book, sing a song, or draw a picture. I've been doing it since I was in kindergarten; it is really not that hard. Where is my mansion? Where is my F1 Maclaren? Where is the entourage of sodomy loving nympho women slaving to my every need? Have I achieved immortality yet?

Until I have answered at least one of those questions, I will never consider myself to be anywhere near accomplished.

The F1 Maclaren

See ya!
"Satanists are epicurean, skeptical atheists who see Satan as a symbol of pride, individualism, and the quality of questioning all dogmas. The word in Hebrew means 'adversary' and so we are each 'Satans' to the doctrines that would have people use faith instead of reason to understand the universe in which we live. Our goal is to enjoy this, the only life we have and not waste it in anticipation of a mythical afterlife or an imagined apocalypse." - News 31 May, XLI A.S. in Reguards to The Satanic High Mass that happened on 6/6/6

- Noxilenticus Zodameranu

#149617 - 03/07/06 10:57 PM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Noxilenticus]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

Anyone can write a book, sing a song, or draw a picture.

The difference between doing something and doing it well are miles apart.

Some people just can't write.

Some people just can't sing.

Some people just can't draw; I'm one of these.

To claim that "anyone" can do it is absurd.

Clearly you lack self-awareness and the ability to distinguish between shit and the real mccoy.

#149618 - 03/07/06 11:01 PM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
uncleherpe Offline

Im not very happy with the things Ive accomplished yet. Im doing a lot better than most people my age(buying a house, good credit, good paying job, etc) but its only an accomplishment because I am young I am not super pleased with that, I want to do things that are impressive regardless. Being my age feels like a transitionary period in life and I am trying to choose what to do very wisely and consider everything. I have some things that will take time to get straightened out before I can completely move into the next phase of my life and get into school. I have so many passions that its hard to choose a career. I do feel I am an exceptional person who will do well in whatever I choose, I just want to like my job.

#149619 - 03/07/06 11:10 PM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I picked #2. I have one graduate degree, and I'm working on a second. I have some big ambitions, but I'm young and still figuring out how to realize them. (I was actually picking away at a part of my project when I decided to take a break and log in here.)

#149620 - 03/07/06 11:18 PM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
the_poison_elf Offline

Loc: Auburn, Maine, USA
I selected the seccond one myself. I'm rather pleased with what I've acomplished so far, such as placing myself through four very good years of pre-med schooling under my own means. Anyone that is vaugely familiar with the medical education process will know that I have a long way to go still, however.

I recently did a very small (in the scheme of things) activity that has had quite the boosting effect on my outlook. It's just a little thing that makes me think "hey, things are going well for me." I've recently (ie: within the past week) printed up my first set of personal business cards. I'm currently both active and successful enough (though still entry-level) in a couple fields that the cards are not only not an exaggeration, but almost a necessity. As I said, it is a baby step but I'm still young and have a long way to go. At least the going is good so far.

#149621 - 03/08/06 12:14 AM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

I chose option two as have most. Though I think it is safe to say that within the context of our lives, we may see the amount of accomplishment somewhat different.

I am proud of the things I have done and am doing. Many would not take some of the steps (or risks) that I have. I still chose option two as within the context of my life, I believe I have a long way to go and much to offer (to offer myself that is).

Perhaps it is a common quality of Satanists to not be content with what one has done, but always strive for more.

#149622 - 03/08/06 05:22 AM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Self satisfaction is something I have never been familiar with, I personally can't see how someone with a genuine enquiring mind could ever have the comfort of self satisfaction.

The world is a big place, and there are so many things I have not yet seen, heard, tasted, experienced, discovered I don't think I will ever be at the point where I look down on the world and say to myself "yawn, been there, done that".

Even if a walk into a library, (something a lot of people should do more of) I can pick up a book at random and learn something new right there and then.

So many things to discover and so little time.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#149623 - 03/08/06 10:40 AM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Poetaster]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
On the shoulders, yes, "anyone" might be able to sing some kind of song, write some kind of book, or paint some kind of picture. But, as you pointed out, not everyone is talented, committed, and/or trained in one or more of these areas, so the final product might be some kind of shit.

The current culture we live in often places more emphasis on quantity and flash than on quality and substance. That's why so many people can't stand to turn on the radio anymore. Therefore, knowing that you've created something that is better than that can be a great source of pride and joy.

Not to mention, if you do write a book, compose or sing a song, or draw a picture, and it's what you love to do, your reward and indulgence comes from savoring the process, first and foremost. Yes, there may be rewards and applause afterward that make it even sweeter, but if you're doing it solely for the applause, then you're settling for only a half-sweetened pie. Satanists choose hobbies and pursuits that are ideally sweet throughout the process, from start to finish.

This is why I write. I do it well, and when my muse is "on," it gives me great joy and enjoyment. Once I finish something, I also enjoy the encouragement and praise I might receive, and I just enjoy being able to sit back and bask in the fact that I completed something good. When I finally publish some books (which'll be a while), I'll also enjoy the money I get, too .

I marked numero 2, by the way, because while I have done lots of cool things so far, the really meaty things I'd like accomplish still lie in the future. I sometimes get mad at myself for not progressing fast enough, though.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#149624 - 03/08/06 11:05 AM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: TrojZyr]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Exactly.

I love to draw.

I even like my drawings.

However, I'm not blind to the fact that my talent is mediocre at best.

As you pointed out, quantity over quality is the going rate in today's consumer culture.

And that's fine.

Provided self-styled experts don't take it upon themselves to give criticism they have no right to give.

Taking pride in your own work is fantastic; nothing else is required in my opinion - this of course is directly contingent upon your goals.

However, self-awareness is the key. As I've stressed, know your limitations. I hold no illusions that what I do, someone else is not doing better.

There's a fine line between pompous claims and authentic talent.

I love your ability to digest a topic and get straight to the heart of it.

Hail those that know! Hail TrojZyr!

#149625 - 03/08/06 11:37 AM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
BlameMe Offline

Loc: Scotland
I fall into the second category. I've already achieved a goal of mine that I've had since I was old enough to understand what the word meant: I'm at University. I remember the day I got my acceptance letter, I was so thrilled. I'm the first in my family to attend University, so a lot of fuss was made. However, I still havea long way to go. I have yet to gain my Masters in History (first class honours, and nothing less will do)... And lets just say there's rather a lot left for me to achieve outside of academia. But I'm happy. The idea that there's still so much for me to do fills me with excitement. I can't wait to see what the future holds for me. I'm 19, there's a lot left for me to do. And I plan on living long enough to do everything I want to do and then some. A life without goals and ambition isn't really a life, now, is it?

#149626 - 03/08/06 01:29 PM Re: Personal Acomplishments [Re: Old_Pig]
crackergirl Offline

Loc: Kansas
I will never be able to sit back and just look over the kingdom I've created in complete and utter satisfaction. There's always something to do. Anyone who's ever undertaken an art project will tell you that there's always just one more brush stroke, one more ink blot, one more pencil shading that can be added. This is the way it's always been with my life, and this is the way it will always be. I'm very content with what I've accomplished, but in no way am I completely satisfied with what I have now. I'm always looking for the bigger better deal, and I don't see myself changing that any time in the future. Bill Gates has everything anyone could ever want. He still works. I'd do the same. I have done some pretty great things in my life (I thought they were pretty great), but I'm not near where I want to be yet. I'm not sure exactly if I'll ever be satisfied with what I have. I'm just driven and I probably always will be.
By the way, I picked the second option. It looks like for the first time in my life that I'm actually part of the majority. Man, that scares me!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404436 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements