Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14974 - 10/30/03 01:37 PM God Exists.
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
It has permeated the very core of society. Millions devour its mantras. It has more followers than any other God in the history of man. This is the true God of the masses and it is continually evolving new applications with which to further administer its council to its followers.

This God's power lies in its ability to remove one's need to think for one's self. Thoughts and ideas need no longer be germinated in the mind of the individual - it easily persuades the masses by presenting them with images of what they soon come to accept as what they want. They spew forth stock phrases and terms and words which have been downloaded into their brains straight from their favorite origin (usually a second rate sit-com or soap opera).

The media has many channels running directly to the minds of the weak convincing them of what to wear, how to speak, how to act and how to think.

Choose the image you like from the selection provided.

Choose your vocabulary from the texts provided.

Choose a ready made personality from the traits provided.

All tastes are catered for. Take your pick, or else suffer the consequences of being banished from those little coteries with whom you would like to hold hands.

The media's trudge through the heart of society is one of subterfuge. But it is still a source of amazement just how many people are blind to the fact that they are are so completely reliant on it as the building blocks for their own identities and thoughts.

With a penchant for offering itself as a necessity of life the media has become the ultimate tool of control for those who seek to pull the strings of the puppets.

And the ones with the oft-most pulled strings are the ones who have been saturated, yet are still under the delusion that they remain a free thinker. And unfortunately this delusion is most often bolstered by its owner clinging to philosophies which simply do not fit them.

#14975 - 10/30/03 01:44 PM *DELETED* [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Post deleted by Lars

#14976 - 10/30/03 02:50 PM Re: God Exists. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Don't forget about fear being a sold product. The herd loves fear. It makes their lives seem so much better and make them think of all those dangerous things hiding in the shadows that want to get them.

The more fear they pump into them the less they will be able to think for themselves. The more they need a cure to those fears the more they will crawl back to the media for a solution. Make people fear their very own neighborhoods and you know they will want to hear how to be safe. Warn them about the faulty tires they drive so they can buy a more expensive brand.

The news loves to boost up the fear factor. It sells products. It keeps people hungry for more. It works. It's working better than the bible ever has.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#14977 - 10/30/03 03:52 PM Re: Yes, ... [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would be interested in why you wrote about what most uf us here know.

Let's forget about what you know. Why do you think it was written? How do words become known? Why did Anton LaVey write books about what "most of us" already know? Why do people write about anything? *I must make a reply to every post, I must not switch off my computer* Ring a bell?

I made the experience that there are times when there seem to be more of those people you describe crossing your ways, wasting your time and annoying your senses.

No kidding?

#14978 - 10/30/03 03:54 PM *DELETED*
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Post deleted by Lars

#14979 - 10/30/03 04:59 PM Re: God Exists. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very well put Mr Uvray ... you speak with conviction and great insight, refreshing.

-Ms Ava-

#14980 - 10/30/03 05:10 PM Re: God Exists. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well said!

#14981 - 10/30/03 05:26 PM Re: God Exists. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Yes, this is true for most.

Big brother is indeed watching
I am curious to know, have you read Farenheit 451, or Brave New World? Both excellent reads, and they follow along the same lines as described in your post. Control.

Best Regards,
Solomon Magus

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#14982 - 10/30/03 07:08 PM Re: God Exists. [Re: Solomon]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Yes, both you speak of are very good books. Farenheit 451 deals with a lot more than just censorship. In a way it's already happening.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#14983 - 10/30/03 08:32 PM Re: God Exists. [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Don't forget about fear being a sold product. The herd loves fear. It makes their lives seem so much better and make them think of all those dangerous things hiding in the shadows that want to get them.

Ahhh, but of course the fear they thrive on is what I would call roller-coaster fear. Its fear but its enjoyable because you know at the end of the day you won't get hurt or if you do you'll get a nice big dose of compensation.What really frightens them is something unexpected or taboo.

The herd stares at a car crash but they turn away from a man walking down the street naked - that scares them far more than any reports of death and destruction ever could.

#14984 - 10/31/03 01:29 AM Re: Yes, ... [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Mr. Lars, this is from the message board guidelines - as you appear not to have read them:

>> When posting a message, do not just post a question in the subject line and fail to fill in the body of the message - it is both annoying and worthless. Also when replying to a post do not just post one-liners like "LOL" or ":)". Add some content to your reply by showing your intelligence<<

#14985 - 10/31/03 01:38 AM Re: God Exists. [Re: Solomon]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Actually Mr. Solomon I have read neither of those books. They seem to have been on my list for years and yet I have still not got around to them. Maybe one day I'll just flippantly pick them up.

#14986 - 10/31/03 01:47 AM Re: Yes, ... [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Funeral_march Offline

Loc: (WITHIN)
Ahhh it does have quite a familiar smell to it!

Never saw them as they were standing never saw them as they fell!

#14987 - 10/31/03 03:03 PM Re: God Exists. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

With a penchant for offering itself as a necessity of life the media has become the ultimate tool of control for those who seek to pull the strings of the puppets.

Some puppets WANT to be manipulated. They are incapable, from birth, of thinking independantly or birthing original thought. Those individuals that fit into the provided molds no matter what environment the were brought up in, education they received, media they were exposed to...etc.

Rational Thinkers are born that way, not made. Otherwise the world would have shed the mental parasite called 'monotheism' by now.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#14988 - 10/31/03 04:40 PM Re: God Exists. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
CannibalSpirit Offline

Loc: Lima, Perú
As a publicist, i find your words to be very true.
However, it seems to me that you are against all that system.
For me, it's a way of life. If indeed the mass media and all its phenomena is to be considered an extremely manipulative god, then i would be proud if i am considered one of the manipulative priests of that religion. I manipulate the mind of the masses for my benefit and the benefit of my clients.
... now, that is power. And i feel good about it.
It is always good to take a look and see who is behind the wall. What sucks for some might work out excellent for others. In this particular case, i am one of the "others"... and it is great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43643 Topics
404172 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements