Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#149864 - 03/10/06 10:26 AM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: Phex]
man_mind Offline
Banned

You're either a Satanist or you're not.

Very true.

Here is another thing that may seem hard to believe.

You can be a Satanist, and have never heard of the CoS, and if you have, you aren't required to pay to be a Satanist. You are, or you aren't.

Joining the CoS, is like joining a really good Yacht club, with much better benefits.

Being recognized as.....is not always a good goal to obtain. The CoS I think, merely helps like minds discover one another.

Edited by man_mind (03/10/06 10:27 AM)

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#149865 - 03/10/06 11:38 AM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: BEHERIT]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

It's sad how anything one might enjoy must always be vilified by others not having such a goodtime

#149866 - 03/10/06 11:46 AM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: DataLore]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Here’s the really creepy part; the internet is not a distilled collection of especially stupid people, there are in fact more of them roaming around freely everywhere at nearly every level of society. The internet just gives a small minority of them the opportunity to exhibit themselves in a different way.

To paraphrase George Carlin; observe how fucked up the average person is, then realize half of everyone is more fucked up than that.

A disturbing thought.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#149867 - 03/10/06 12:46 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: BEHERIT]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
I almost feel physically dirty even replying to this post but here goes. How much of a satanist are you sitting at a keyboard ?

The same satanist as I am when I go shopping for groceries, when I play board games with my daughter or when I go out for a chinese meal.

What is an internet satanist ?, I think you'll find it's a satanist...............who uses the internet, to do research, talk to like minded people etc. I believe many people (not just satanists ) use the internet in this way too !

I am now going to have a hot shower, a stiff drink and a lie down.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#149868 - 03/10/06 01:57 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: Svengali]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
Quote:

Here’s the really creepy part; the internet is not a distilled collection of especially stupid people, there are in fact more of them roaming around freely everywhere at nearly every level of society. The internet just gives a small minority of them the opportunity to exhibit themselves in a different way.

To paraphrase George Carlin; observe how fucked up the average person is, then realize half of everyone is more fucked up than that.

Agreed. I have observed many other ways of false exhibition other than a the internet profile combo. Most common are those who drive a $40,000-$50,000 automobile but live in a hovel or some other condemned tenament while living off of food stamps and welfare. A similar situation of misrepresentation, is the one of the rich idiot offspring who's parents "buy" them a college degree. It is quite common in society for idiots to profess their "wisdom" in the form of quick memorization cramming skills and/or bribing skills while basing it all on that "fancy sheet of paper".

Quote:

A disturbing thought.

At least the internet provides some fool spectating amusement in a convenient and comfortable observation point.

#149869 - 03/10/06 02:25 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: BEHERIT]
Phex Offline

Loc: Midwest
Quote:

What is an (internet Satanist)?

I'm starting to wonder where you even found this term "Internet Satanist". I've never heard of it before this post.

#149870 - 03/10/06 03:16 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: BEHERIT]
Lust Offline

BEHERIT Wrote <<<I mean how much of a Satanist are you sitting at a keyboard?

Im about One Hundred, and Sixty pounds, thats how much.
I think this is a question only you can answer yourself.
Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#149871 - 03/10/06 03:28 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: Lust]
Destiny Offline

Loc: Scotland
Quote:

BEHERIT Wrote <<<I mean how much of a Satanist are you sitting at a keyboard?

Im about One Hundred, and Sixty pounds, thats how much.
I think this is a question only you can answer yourself.
Hail Satan!

Ooo....quite cheap....are you on sale?

#149872 - 03/10/06 03:43 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: BEHERIT]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

I mean how much of a Satanist are you sitting at a keyboard ?

Are you not aware that the SIGs (Special Interest Groups) MAIN form of communication/interaction is through an online message board?

That should answer your question!

Also, I can think of one high ranking member of the hierarchy that makes his living behind a keyboard .

Here's a little hint: He also is the administrator or webmaster of ALL CoS and related sites (to my knowlege) including this one.

SETI@Home Team

#149873 - 03/10/06 05:33 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: False_Messiah78]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>To paraphrase George Carlin; observe how fucked up the
>>average person is, then realize half of everyone is more
>>fucked up than that. [Svengali]

I saw him Carlin a couple of weeks ago, and one of his newer analogies is "See the people on the Jerry Springer show? Those are the average Americans. Below-average can't even get on the show." I can't imagine what MySpace rejects look like!

>>He also is the administrator or webmaster of ALL CoS and
>>related sites (to my knowlege) including this one.
>>[False_Messiah78]

He certainly does a few of the biggies, but c'mon, all CoS-affiliated sites? Who'd even WANT that job?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#149874 - 03/10/06 06:12 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: BEHERIT]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

Ave Satanas-

What is an (internet Satanist)?i dont recall the doktor writing about that in any of his books.

For one, the nickname "Doctor, Doktor, etc" was and is used by those that were close to Magus LaVey.

I don't think you qualify for that priviledge.

Quote:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Quote:

HAIL BEHERIT.

I'll pass. Thanks for stopping by.

Edited by Felstorm (03/10/06 06:14 PM)

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#149875 - 03/10/06 06:17 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: Bill_M]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Bill M - your PM box is full.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#149876 - 03/10/06 06:24 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: Felstorm]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEHERIT wrote:

Ave Satanas-

What is an (internet Satanist)?i dont recall the doktor writing about that in any of his books.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felstorm replied to BEHERIT:

For one, the nickname "Doctor, Doktor, etc" was and is used by those that were close to Magus LaVey.

I don't think you qualify for that priviledge.

Is that totally true?

I've noticed that many people who never meet Magus LaVey - myself included - use the term 'Doktor' as a sign of respect and endearment.

#149877 - 03/10/06 07:10 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: BEHERIT]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
Quote:

Ave Satanas-

HAIL BEHERIT.

You have a point. Most so called "internet Satanists" are NOT! The internet is a cesspool of empty postureing and false claims about who and what people are. If all one does in life is act like a Satanist on a messageboard and does not apply the philosophy towards real life then they are not a Satanist no matter how well they have it all down on paper or keyboard. If you don't apply it and are content with telling tall tales and lies about yourself in order to feel important or elite and above the rest of society amongst the people here then you are simply a phoney. You are not a Satanist! The real Satanists apply. The fake ones pretend.

HS!
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#149878 - 03/10/06 08:31 PM Re: Internet Satanists? [Re: Svengali]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Hmmm...

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >