Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#149917 - 03/13/06 07:06 PM Re: Introversion vs. Extroversion [Re: Chess]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

Two different online tests had me at ISTJ. I am not sure how accurate they are. I am basically introverted, but if I need to be I can be extroverted, I just don't like it. Only slightly more sensing than intuitive, everything else was above 80 pct.

The Temple | The Elite

#149918 - 03/14/06 01:13 PM Re: Introversion vs. Extroversion [Re: Mjollnir]
Euphoria Offline

Loc: 1/4 mile and 9 seconds away!
Likewise. I fall into both camps depending on where I am and who I'm with. I can party like the best of them (probably better!) but also take a week or two a year to go and spend some time with myself, somewhere remote, and just spend the time catching up on some reading, walking in the countryside, writing, taking photographs and just being.
Like black/white, left/right, maybe there's some middle ground? Or maybe, like perversion, it's a matter of relativity? Some uptight individuals think anything other than sex in the 'missionary' position is perverted. I used to share a house in my youth with an very very camp gay man, who was so extroverted than anyone else, no matter who, seemed introverted when he was about!
Although at the end of the day, does it really matter? If you're happy in your skin, then that's what counts.

#149919 - 03/14/06 02:12 PM Re: Introversion vs. Extroversion [Re: Chess]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
My example of thoughts about what is an introvert and what is an extrovert. Introvert someone who waits to be spoken too. Extrovert someone who starts a conversation. I believe that I started out as an introvert, as I get older I'm headed more towards being an extrovert. I've seen other people, who start out as extrovert's and as they get older become more like introverts.

I would think that introvert's would be better at self reflection. Where as extroverts would be better at taking what they learned from other's to apply to themselves. Each has its advantage, to be some where in the middle, would work best for me.

I think extroverts make better leaders. They can communicate what it is that they want from someone else. Introverts enjoy working by themselves.

#149920 - 03/14/06 11:33 PM Re: Introversion vs. Extroversion [Re: Euphoria]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
Quote:

If you're happy in your skin, then that's what counts.

Very true. Labels tend not to stick to me very well, anyway.

#149921 - 03/15/06 01:55 PM Re: Introversion vs. Extroversion [Re: Chess]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Not suprisingly, according to humanetrics.com I am ISTJ

Analysis from that site:

Quote:

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
67 1 62 44

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

I would suspect that the vast majority of those that frequent LttD would be Introverted as extroverts would be more likely to be 'out sociallizing' than posting to an internet messageboard.

I suppose the only way to get a definitive answer to the whether Satanists, by nature, tend to be introverts without encountering selection bias would be for the Administration to send and score Myers-Briggs type tests to every Citizen in the Empire.

While the results would be interesting I don't see that happening as I'm sure they have much more important things to do.

SETI@Home Team

#149922 - 03/16/06 08:57 AM Re: Introversion vs. Extroversion [Re: False_Messiah78]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Hmmm... I took a similar test to this one that said I was an extrovert. *shrug*

Quote:

INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 75 12 44
You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Ack on the thinking one, must be all those empathetic sympathetic questions. Some how empathy emplies that you don't think? Yeah so I'm a bit emotionally drivin. Judging usually takes care of any unwanted empathetic thoughts.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12016 Members
73 Forums
43827 Topics
405219 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements