Topic Options
#149943 - 03/09/06 07:42 PM The Dr. and his children
Carlos Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NW Florida
I was wondering if anyone could please; give me any details or anecdotes about how Dr. LaVey interacted with his children during their infancy-early childhood. (Especially Xerxes LaVey) I have read “The Secret life of a Satanist,” a couple times but would like to know more if possible. (I just seriously have trouble picturing a powerful man like Dr. LaVey changing dirty dippers.) If the family would prefer to keep these details private, I would understand, I would just like to use the info in raising two potential Satanist boys of my own. Thank you in advance.

#149944 - 03/09/06 07:44 PM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

(I just seriously have trouble picturing a powerful man like Dr. Levay changing dirty dippers.) ... I would just like to use the info in raising two potential Satanist boys of my own.

Trying to get out of your less pleasant duties?

#149945 - 03/09/06 08:08 PM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: reprobate]
Carlos Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:

Quote:

(I just seriously have trouble picturing a powerful man like Dr. Levay changing dirty dippers.) ... I would just like to use the info in raising two potential Satanist boys of my own.

Trying to get out of your less pleasant duties?

Not so much get out of, as searching for insparation/motivation for.

#149946 - 03/09/06 08:36 PM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
I hope you can understand how personal this question is, especially coming from a stranger.

On raising your kids in a Satanic light, well, what can I say? Take responsibility, be a role model, be a teacher. What are you really looking for?

#149947 - 03/09/06 08:38 PM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
Priestess Palmer Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Viking Bay
Satanists are born and not made. If your children are Satanists, it matters not how you raise them.

If you care to research the history of Zeena LaVey, you may find that even a powerfully Satanic man such as Dr. LaVey does not necessary produce Satanic offspring.

Bring up your children with love, attention, pride, honesty, good sense and intelligence. You can do no more than this.

#149948 - 03/09/06 09:08 PM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Sound advice on the subject has already been offered by none other than the esteemed Magister Nemo.

#149949 - 03/09/06 09:27 PM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
uncleherpe Offline

i think you can raise them in a satanic manner, but you cant make them into satanists. research his kids more... not all of them decided to stick with the Church of Satan.

the best route to go would probably be inspiring independant thought, making sure they are held responsible for their actions... you know, the stuff that makes for good parenting anyway.

#149950 - 03/10/06 05:12 AM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
(I just seriously have trouble picturing a powerful man like Dr. LaVey changing dirty dippers.)

How does properly caring for one's child damage any image of power one might have?

#149951 - 03/10/06 08:23 AM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
Exanimus Offline

Loc: NC
Just let your children be children, and they might teach you a thing or two about satanism

#149952 - 03/10/06 08:51 AM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

I just seriously have trouble picturing a powerful man like Dr. LaVey changing dirty dippers.

As a father, who has been a lone parent since my son was three (he is now nearly twelve), and must have changed literally hundreds of shitty nappies/diapers, I can assure you it had/has no negative effect on my masculinity, or my perception of myself as a (fairly) 'powerful' male specimen of the human race!! (and I don't see why it should).

#149953 - 03/10/06 10:08 AM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Mason_Rust]
man_mind Offline
Banned

My question as well.

I seem to have quite a bit of power, and changing diapers (aka part of child rearing) only makes you more powerful.

Was your original question, "How does one child rear?"

I'm sorry, but I can't answer that, unless lawyers are present.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#149954 - 03/10/06 10:14 AM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Priestess Palmer]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I agree, but wonder why people continue to give "advice" on something that was well written on before. (On any subject. I find this question more important here, because it involves a particular that is more important - children)

(A good post would be - "Do you know what your child is reading in school? "

This would apply more to public school than home schooled children.

Dollar advice is bad.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#149955 - 03/10/06 10:17 AM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
man_mind Offline
Banned

How about the children themselves, and the bond you should create based on nothing more than natural reaction?

Take part in what they do, what they say, what they think.

If you are their parent, then you have a right to get involved with them in their school. As a legal guardian, you have the right to sit in on classes, such as Readers, or play time.

Find out every minute of their lives (At the younger ages) and make sure that what is being exposed to them, is something you yourself would expose them to.

I can go on all day about child rearing, but honestly, it should just depend on love and common sense. (A bond)

If you don't have a bond, you don't have anything. (That included power, or the ability to share that power.)

There is just a dash/pinch of motivation.

#149956 - 03/10/06 10:58 AM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: DarkApollyon]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Hey, I think you're pretty brave and solid if you can handle baby shit.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#149957 - 03/10/06 01:19 PM Re: The Dr. and his children [Re: Carlos]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Anton Lavey was a human being like the rest of us, I can see no reason why he would be anything but a loving and devoted father to all his children.

Yes he was a forceful and charismatic man, looking after his kids like any father would in no way effect his aura or mystic how could it ?, as he once said "children are the best little magicians we have, we can learn a lot from them".

I changed my daughter's nappy many times when she was a baby, and I play dollie's, animals, and other kids games with her all the time and it doesn't emasculate or embarrass me in the slightest, on the contrary I think its made me a more complete person/man as a result.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43936 Topics
405791 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements