Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#150474 - 03/15/06 10:11 PM Re:Appropriate (useful) versus inapproapriate [Re: TrojZyr]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

Certainly, I've been there...

All of us have.

Some of us learn.

Recognizing that anger is not an uncontrollable primal force of nature is the first step in having more control over it.

Otherwise we end up mouthing such things as "The Devil (anger) made me do it!"

#150475 - 03/15/06 10:13 PM Re:Appropriate (useful) versus inapproapriate [Re: DarkApollyon]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Thanks for the kind comments.

You can "read all about it" in Albert Ellis's many, many books, however.

I didn't invent it but, like any good tool, I'm pleased to pass it along!

#150476 - 03/15/06 10:18 PM Re: "vestigial emotion" [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

More usually just a rationalization.

To have to admit that you create and choose anger is to be willing to be responsible for it.

And that is dangerous territory for a large percentage of the human species!

#150477 - 03/15/06 10:36 PM Re: There is a deeper assumption. [Re: Nemo]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
It's like you said last night, primary and secondary emotional reactions often coincide, however, the primary is not a necessitative of the secondary.

Taking that even further, I think that being cognitively aware of the factors necessary to elicit the primary function can make it possible to negate it all together.

To support your theory even further is the observable nature of a newborn.

Newborns are not born into the world with instinctual triggers related to societal standards.

A newborn wouldn't know that he/she was 'required' to feel anger, disgust, frustration, fear, envy, hatred or any other emotion for that matter.

All cues are learned behaviour through experience, expectation and cultural demand.

But I digress, we agree and this was just some rambling on my part.

#150478 - 03/15/06 11:16 PM Re: Violence [Re: BEHERIT]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Once you realize that you yourself have created the anger and are willing to do something about it the responsible thing to do would be to start learning a little self control. You may want to practice some deep breathing techniques this can keep you focused and in control, thereby helping to separate yourself from the emotion and understand that you have the power to do so.

It is still always a good idea to know self defense.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#150479 - 03/16/06 01:33 AM Re: Violence [Re: BEHERIT]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
Violence is counter-productive and does not solve your problems. Losing control only weakens you. What is to be gained from this? Is hurting another and/or yourself a solution to your undisciplined emotions? Does prison and/or lawsuits sound like an attractive bargain?

What is the point?

What benefits you?

What is the gain?

Anger is better suited for the Ritual Chamber, where it can be utilized to effect changes that will not come down upon you in a negative way. Even then, it should be justified anger.. for justice.

Wanton anger, in my opinion is weakness. I've been there. That road leads to nowhere.

Work on your powers of manipulation to control those who cause you anger. Be the master of your emotions, not a slave to them.

Then you may realize that most humans are not important enough to waste such vital energy on. The energy you waste on them could be applied to achieving your own happiness.

Anger is just a point before your eyes.

Of course, I am also probably wasting my energy here on you, seeing that you are not replying to anyone who has answered your thread. I shouldn't bother at all, but perhaps my reply will benefit others reading this thread.

#150480 - 03/19/06 09:46 PM Re: Violence [Re: BEHERIT]
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

The strongest instinct in every living creature is self preservation,which brings us to the last of the seven deadly sins-ANGER.Is it not our instinct for self preservation that is aroused when someone harms us,when we become angry enough to protect ourselves from further attack?A Satanist practices the motto,"If a man smite thee on one cheek, smash him on the other!"Let no wrong go unredressed.Be as a lion in the path-be dangerous even in defeat!

I am feeling angry and i dont deal with it well.How does a Satanist deal with it.I usually get violent.I am a Satanist and this is keeping in step with the Satanic bible. Violence is condoned even promoted by The Doktor.Isnt it hypocritical to call urself a Satanist and be anti- violence?

You need to find a constructive way to unleash your anger. Martial arts does the trick for me, others can write and feel better. Just find a constuctive outlet, instead of a criminal one.

Edited by DeLamar_J (03/19/06 09:47 PM)
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

#150481 - 03/19/06 09:54 PM Re: Violence [Re: BEHERIT]
DeLamar_J Offline

Loc: Ohio
You may also find my post I made a while back called a lesson learned. Here is the link

http://www.satannet.com/lttd/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=317124&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. My personal web page---> http://www.myspace.com/39440105

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Forum Stats
12283 Members
73 Forums
43883 Topics
404450 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements