Topic Options
#150810 - 03/13/06 11:32 PM Is it possible to retrieve older posts?
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
I noticed that the "Show all user's posts" link brings up only the last 200. I have put hundreds--if not thousands of hours into my posts and was really hoping to preserve them. I always thought I could get them off the "Show all user's post" link, but it appears I cannot. Would it be possible to get the ones that are not showing?

Many, many thanks.

Hail Satan!

#150811 - 03/14/06 02:35 PM Re: Is it possible to retrieve older posts? [Re: Quiddity]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

I have put hundreds--if not thousands of hours into my posts and was really hoping to preserve them.

I sure hope you're exaggerating here.

Have you tried using the main Search function?
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#150812 - 03/14/06 11:09 PM Re: Is it possible to retrieve older posts? [Re: LKRice]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Come to think of it, thousands is an exaggeration--although I'm sure several hundred would not be. It's a lot though, in any case.

The search engine only goes back six months, and every method available seems to render only the last 200.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

#150813 - 03/15/06 03:22 PM Re: Is it possible to retrieve older posts? [Re: Quiddity]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
All posts older than I believe one or two years will be deleted every 4 months or so. I have to keep the database as small as possible. It is always best to store copies of your own posts you would like to keep ... just in case ... like in the past I get bored and just dump the entire database and start over from scratch (not likely to happen but it has happened before). I do not believe anything past those 200 pages exists ... I did a database cleaning about 5 months ago or so.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#150814 - 03/16/06 03:13 AM Reinforcing your magic... [Re: Magister Frost]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

I am very sorry to learn of this, Magister. --only partly for myself. I see this site as a textbook example of tremendous magic that most do not notice, because it is not merely novel. I certainly see and understand your Administration needs, as a computer and network engineer myself for many years.

I can't imagine how much wisdom might be otherwise preserved with a small token of appreciation on my part. I have managed enterprise databases before, but I know very little of the backend of your operation here (aside from the fact that it is my favorite thing of it's kind ever), so I am not sure what to offer.

I would be very interested in supporting your operation, in order to see an architecture with a longer, if not unlimited capacity to preserve indefinitely, or at least extend the information on this site.

I might very much be willing to contribute quality resources or hardware to this end--perhaps new systems, a new RAID array, or even a lump financial contribution. I think the work you are doing here is critically important, and I want to support it.

It seems as though this might be a matter you might prefer to discuss privately. If so, please send me an email at datagod@gmail.com so we might discuss this further.

Many thanks and congratulations for what you have achieved so far with this outstanding site. I'm anxious to contribute to it's growth.

Hail Satan!

Forum Stats
12024 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405256 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements